Why does Marvel like to now pretend he doesn't exist...

Why does Marvel like to now pretend he doesn't exist? Most of the editors now claim Carol is the classic and first Captain Marvel.

Aren't they suppose to love all Lee's original characters?

user, I...

>tfw we'll get a shitty Carol movie but never a Mar-Vell one

Wacker and Axel said Carol is the classic Captain.

Where has that been claimed?

Talking about Carol, not talking about Mar-Vell, doesn't inherently mean he has been eradicated from continuity. It means he has been dead for going on 40 years now and she wasn't tied to his hip even back then.

its refreshing to see bright, vibrant comicbook-y coloration on, you know, comicbook characters.

>Where has that been claimed?
Anons autistic screeching about Wacker being flippant on his ask tumblr.

>Mar-Vell is literally Carol's Abin Sur.
>MCU doesn't want us thinking they're copying Green Lantern
>MCU ignores Mar-Vell
>movie synergy dictates a new origin for Carol
Screen cap this.

>Mar-Vell is literally Carol's Abin Sur.
Maybe you should consider reading a comic sometime.

Guy has been dead almost 40 years.

No one reading, or their parents know shit about him because he has been dead a really long time. Typically missing from all books for 5-ish years makes the general public give less of a shit about a character.

No one at Marvel gives a shit about him, they only want the name

>Why does Marvel like to now pretend he doesn't exist? Most of the editors now claim Carol is the classic and first Captain Marvel.
>Aren't they suppose to love all Lee's original characters?
dude, carol is a woman. are you sexist? we need more woman role models. your pic is just some generic white guy anyways. who even cares............

>Most of the editors now claim Carol is the classic and first Captain Marvel.
The only person Marvel-related who said that is the one in charge of those terrible Disney cartoons.

>No one reading, or their parents know shit about him because he has been dead a really long time. Typically missing from all books for 5-ish years makes the general public give less of a shit about a character.

The invasion of the Cancerverse was led by an "evil Mar-Vell." The Thanos Imperative was only 7 years ago.

I bet Iron Man will be involved somehow.

Nobody at Marvel knows what happened there.
They seem to think that was mostly about Nova dying

Heh. True enough.

They also think Star-Lord killed Annihilus.

not to mention avx where he was brought back again. They just can't keep him dead. the erasing Mar-Vell was only happening during the early parts of carol's new run cause they wanted to make sure she was the only one.

>Most of the editors now claim Carol is the classic and first Captain Marvel

Source? Citation? I call bullshit

Only Wacker did that I know of.

Of course he pushed for Captain Carol and he is ome of the people that killed Cosmic.

Where does Marvel Man/Miricle Man fit into this naming cluster fuck?

Dude, because no one cares? When did he die? I'm almost certain it was when I was too young to read.

Carol is shit though. Monica should be our Captain.

Monica is shit, Carol's a much more interesting character.

It's should be Phyla. Way more interesting about Carol.

Most anyone is more interesting than Carol.

I seriously have no idea why Marvel chose to push Carol over all their other female characters. Especially when it's obvious they have no plan.

>I seriously have no idea why Marvel chose to push Carol over all their other female characters.

Cause the most popular female characters were over at Fox and Sony, Wasp is tied to Ant-Man, Black Widow isn't superpowered, etc.

If they wanted to avoid the comparison why didn't they just go with Monica? She was a captain marvel before carol has a solid origin that does include iron man, and they could even get brownie points for the first black woman as a super hero

Is it weird that Carol felt much more her own character to me as Ms. Marvel than as Captain Marvel? Maybe it's because Mar-Vell was long gone by the time I got into comics, but she never felt like a legacy character until she became a Mar-Vell palette swap. Ever since then it's kind of felt like she's his Supergirl or something.

So lets push a nobody who struggled to maintain a decent solo series and is the forefront of the worst Avengers storyline instead of reinforcing good current females or even creating a new lead.

Because Monica is shit and Carol is a far better character with much more material.

0/10

Present examples.

>Most of the editors now claim Carol is the classic and first Captain Marvel.
Proof?

How do you nerf monica for movies?

He's the only one, mind you. Has a hate boner for the cosmic.

Don't. Do what the Ultimates did and send her to space.

Then why the fuck did Marvel made him the Cosmic Editor for awhile and why is he in charge of the GotG cartoon?

>and why is he in charge of the GotG cartoon?
The cartoon is aimed at movie fans, and Marvel Animation could not possibly care less about how accurate is to the comics.

>Talking shit about Auntie Monica
Granted, she is pretty boring outside Nextwave.

Who?

>Carol's a much more interesting character.
*was

Wacker was editor for Marvel comics for years.

dude makes me hate him more with everything I see about him

Classic does not mean original

Classic also doesn't mean 5 years ago with no stories of note

>mar-vell not only has longer hair but is prettier than that chimp in the bottom right.

that stupid hair makes it so easy to hate her.

Yes, but he is not currently an editor let alone is he "most of the editors."

Would be nice if she stayed the new Quasar for more than three months

Because a black female lead is too risky to use. Black leads generally just don't sell compared to white counterparts in overseas flicks.

If they make their only star female black and the movies sink then they've pretty much fucked themselves on ever getting a line of female movies. Even if the movie turns out to be mediocre, it just has to be ok in China to make up for losts.

Upspide is we don't have to see nuMarvel ruin Monica like they have done to Caorel

Imagine if you got the chance to ruin something you hate for everyone who loves it.

He also showed up briefly in Remender's Uncanny Avengers as part of Immortus' Infinity Watch. I fucking wish something would come of that, the line-up was amazing.
>Immortus
>Adam Warlock
>Mar-Vell
>Starhawk
>Silver Surfer (BUT GOLD!)
>Vision (WITH THE PHOENIX FORCE!)
>Yondu
>Martinex
>A god damn Nova/Annihilus combo

Fuck, forgot pic

She is a non-mutant (not aligned with FOX or Sony) blonde during election season.

Honestly this is the first time I've looked past the hair, and the costume, that face is god awful.

The classic? She's the SEVENTH Captain Marvel!

She's not the first female Captain Marvel, either!

She's not even the second one!

Like they give a shit about that.

But she is the best one.

Why is Carol going full ahegao?

There is no screencap, or meme, youtube video, or fucking emoji that can express how hard you just made me laugh.

Thank you.

Jesus fuck, I knew I needed to read Remender's UA but never this badly.

Well not to discourage you, but they only show up in 2 issues I think. Still read it sometime. That's the last time an Avengers title really felt like an Avengers title to me if that makes sense. Hickman's run was decent, but it often felt rushed & the art suffered toward the end. Remender's UA had god-tier art from John Cassady, Steve McNiven, & Daniel Acuna.

That's.... that's USAgent Cap, right? Not Steve?

Nextwave is a bad series.

Oh I wouldn't just be reading it for that team but for all the other crazy shit that happens. I remember when it was coming out that people were saying it had to be an elseworlds due to how insane it was.

Don't people think of Mar-Vell more as a Starlin character, even if he was technically created by Lee? In the same way the X-men were a Lee and Kirby baby but Claremont raised them into adulthood.

I thought the phoenix force was a mutant thing.

You're a bad series.

Phoenix Force is technically a cosmic thing but it's a cosmic thing that gets written about mostly in X-men stories. The same way how Galactus is technically a cosmic thing but for the first thirty something years of his existence he was basically an FF thing.