Should they Jason Todd her?

Should they Jason Todd her?

Do you mean put her death up to a vote or make her some gun toting edgelord?

Yes. A 1000000000 times yes. But they won't. It'd be like killing Bendis' step-daughter. And (((Bendis))) likes 'em shekels from royalties.

Jason was worth sending off, even though he turned out shit he was still a big deal.

Riri means nothing to anyone.

Where is the mandarin when we really need him?

Yes.

Yes but this time she doesn't come back

Not the full package. Kill her off and bring her back as a villian. Who's the most famous black female villian in Marvel?

Rhodey is a better fit for edgelord Iron Man with no problem killing.

What kill her off for a decade or so, then bring her back as a more popular character who gets to be in games and movies? Sure. Every character under mid B list could benefit from being Jason Todd(ed).

>Who's the most famous black female villian in Marvel?

Frenzy? Nekra? Nightshade? None of them are that well-known.

It'd be pretty damn perfect then. Too bad the SJWs would never let it happen.

Then again they dont buy comics but a "Death of Riri" comic would sell like hotcakes among them.

Beat her with a crowbar and then blown her up?
Sure.

No because that would be stupid. She just needs a better writer.

no, they shoudl Jason Todd your favorite 60s characters

Marvel would get flack from secondaries for a month and later nothing.
Expect articles of how comic fans are scum if they actually do a vote to kill her off
So yes, end Riri.
Gain something, lose nothing

Have Doom corrupt her.

beat her with a Crowbar? yeah probably.

I would love a vote these days.
They could print an individual code into the issue so only people who bought the book could vote.

That would actually boost sale because I would waste the 5$ to marvel to vote. The backslash if they don't dare to follow would be hilarious too.

Yep. The real is which Ironman villain should have the honor of doing the deed?

Zeke Stane, because he's the superior bratty teen genius.

How about fixing two shitty characters by having Doom do it ?

Doctor Doom kill her, go back to his original costume and go back to Latveria.

Marvel already called their fans a bunch of racists. I don't think some BuzzFeed article would mater to them

Bash her nigger brains in with a crowbar.

Yes.

Assuming Marvel doesn't rig the vote, it would be so satisfying to see the tears as she's overwhelmingly voted off.

Give her a personality and build her character. Right now she's a pr stunt. She could be great if writers treat her as if she were any other fresh faced youngster needing to prove her worth.

>A thread full of autistic white manbabies so treated by riri they want to (totally legit)vote to kill off one of the very few noticeable black women characters

>Reeeeee why would mahvel listen to us

Yeah, why would Marvel ever do a reader poll?

This.

It really is bullshit.

Riri could be the next Kitty Pryde. Give her a chance Sup Forums because at the moment, all of Marvel's big name characters are utter rubbish.

They know all too well what it would say. The current sale number also show it.
They don't listen to anything that is asked from them for years. People are tired of their shit.
No, because there is no good writer at Marvel currently. First they need to fix the badly damaged core characters, THEN expend. For now the damage is done, there is no ways in hell I would buy anything else than the regular, classic original version of the characters.

Like DC Rebirth did.

nobody will even remember her in a couple years
someone somewhere will write an article about top ten bad decitions marvel did part 12 with her

Sadly, this is true. Marvel isn't hiring any writers or artists with real creativity and narrative competence

>implying doom would give a shit about her

>A thread full of autistic white manbabies
comic readers?
because nobody else is willing to buy comics and sales numbers make it very clear

Just drop her and never bring her up again

Are you a nigger or just a self hating white?

He's cares about "Iron Man's Legacy" right now so he probably would.

You mean have her brutally murdered by an insane villain, then later come back to life only to be somewhat of a vegetable until a villainous love interest of her mentor revives her with a method that results in her going insane and becoming a crazy, edgy, angst ridden yet sexy character who won't stop obsessing over everything and wondering why her mentor/daddy/family doesn't love her anymore while also crying about them never loving her in the first place?

Hey, that's uncalled for.

Sorry. I should never have accused you of being a self hating white, I went over the line.

Shut the fuck up, Bendis. You already ruined your chance, go back to write comics about big headed men trying to fuck supermodels, you bald cunt.

Not going to happen while there are SJWs as writers Marvel.

Actually, you didn't call me that. I'm someone else.

I understand your argument, and Marvel has been rubbish for a while, but racial slurs don't help the situation.

Which is the real problem and, boy is it frustrating. Flaws make a character. It's what made Marvel comics stand out.

LOL. As much as it seems you hate Bendis, you still don't hate him as much as I do.

I don't believe you.

You don't need to. I've taken a ton of anger management sessions, which helps me not get triggered and hulk out when I talk about him or see his name.

Except Egyptians practiced slavery and their religion was a glorified death cult.

spicy meme

hot off the presses

If in any situation you consider the best way to deal with a character you don't like to be to kill the character off, don't consider becoming a writer

I don't believe you because I know you are Bendis, Bendis.

I'm not gonna defend the utterly retarded black zionist movement, but saying that the Egyptains/Jews/etc. practiced slavery is misleading because the only overt slavery modern man is really familiar with is black slavery in plantations which was fucking brutal and horrible

Old-fashioned tribal/egyptian slavery was actually much kinder, with multiple paths to freedom and strong legal and societal pressures on owners to care for their servants properly.

Also the Jews were never slaves in Egypt

I wonder how many black americans actually believe this shit?

>Egyptians practiced slavery
Never on a large scale, they always had more than enough dirt poor peasants

>and their religion was a glorified death cult.
No more than most religions, the afterlife is a paradise, get in by being good and obey your rulers, etc.

I know a few actually

>No more than most religions, the afterlife is a paradise, get in by being good and obey your rulers, etc.

yeah, when your holy book is called "The Book of the Dead" you don't get to say that

Believe what?

That egyptians were 100% black? Very little.

That they're going to overthrow white americans? Again: very little.

Sup Forums memes are under the assumption that every black person is a black supremacist who constantly post threats to whites on twitter

Hey, at least it was a tamer death cult. The Aztecs used to be irl Khorne followers.

lol wat

Egyptians didn't have a "holy book." The book of the dead is one of three funerary texts.

Black Mariah?

The book of the dead is A holy book, specifically designed as a guide to the afterlife. You also have other stuff. Like temple walls describing how Set raped his nephew. It's a pretty cool mythology really the Osiris bits especially.

American Slavery is far different than slavery practiced around the world.

Other countries, such as The Netherlands, practiced a form of slavery that was based on economy. Additionally, slavery was not racial. A white person could become a slave, and often willingly chose enslavement to repay debts they couldn't otherwise.

American Slavery is unique in that it is exclusive to blacks and other ethnic minorities. The treatment was cruel and the slaves were not protected from abuse.

Again, there were rules to slavery practiced by the rest of the world that prohibited abuse of slaves by slave owners.

If you mean did Egyptians enslave Jews to build the pyramids, then no. Jewish slaves did not build the pyramids, the pyramids existed prior to Jews even being in Egypt.

Even after Luke Cage's reception, Marvel isn't capitalizing on her.

you mean turn her into some sort of machine of war?

>noticeable
Nobody really believes this, do they?

This is a nitpick for sure, but there is a difference between slavery and indentured servitude

What other major black female villains are there in capeshit? I guess Amanda Waller during her extreme moments.

You're right about the slavery aspect.

The religion is a bit more complicated than my comment suggested it was.

Pharaohs were viewed as Horus, the son of the chief deity, Osiris. When a Pharaoh died he became one with Osiris and the next Pharaoh became Horus, the living embodiment of a god.

Only the wealthy, and powerful were really guaranteed entrance to the underworld. Their religion didn't have a paradise/heaven as much as an all encompassing underworld that served both as heaven and hell when you were judged by Anubis.

user, it is obvious that the person that hates Bendis the most is Bendis himself.

Amanda Waller is a god damn Hero.

I've read way too many Warren Ellis superhero comics to blindly believe some shmuck in spandex, wearing a cape, has my best interest at heart.

Aside from Waller, that's practically it in terms of notable ones. Every other one is either lost to time or one-off.

*tips*

>Wah wah u hurt muh feefees

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE? YOU'RE ON Sup Forums, BABY!

>That fucking comic book

yes. her new name could be FIGHT GADGET or CRUSADE AUTOMATON

>Riri
>Noticable

Back to tumblr with you. I the OP who made this thread am Black. Riri fucking sucks. Miles has potential if he gets away from Bendis but Riri needs to die. Spectrum should be getting a push.

I gave her a chance and she still sucks. If all the big name characters are trash then why in the fuck would a diversity legacy by Bendis be any good?

Ironheart's already dumb. No need to give her a shittier name.

I guess Joss Whedon and Trey&Matt should have never become writers, tumblr.

All three of them are shit right now so he may have a point.

Something that still kinda confuses me is, Why didn't they use Rhodes niece? From what I remember, she was a genius and liked to build shit. She was pretty much Riri, except that she has actual connections to the franchise.

Bendis don't do continuity. He didn't care.

Bendis want's that sweet royalty money.

>except that she has actual connections to the franchise.
That's been the running theme for these new legacy characters. Have many of them unrelated so "anyone can be a hero."

Though I sure there's underlying bullshit for some of these characters.

they should return the mantles to the original owners. I really don't see why we couldn't just keep Tony Stark as Iron Man or Bruce Banner as the Hulk. Give the diversity characters their own brand new personas. A super hero title should be a personal creation, not a handmedown

It is new. Her name's Ironheart. Doom stole the 'Iron Man' mantle.

Here Here

that doesn't explain why she's headlining the main iron man series.

>tony in a coma
>random girl gets his tech
>random gal who says she's his mother is allowed in the armory
>she's smarter than Tony Stark
>the title of her book is INVINCIBLE IRON MAN

vs

>had a whole trilogy about them travelling together
>have interacted on multiple ocassions
>doom had a day of mourning when Stark was thought dead
>are often played as mirrors to one another
>has nothing to do with Stark beyond taking the name because in his own jack-ass-y way he's doing the right thing

Gee, I wonder which one the people are mad at and for why...

Tony's using her to repair Iron Man's public image after the public side with Carol during Civil War II.

Mandarin. It would be fitting since he's been shit on so much.

>she's smarter than Tony Stark
Literally never implied.

Tony was never going to let Doom carry the mantle because its fucking Doom.

>literally never implied
It's in every Bendis interview prior to the title's launch.

>Tony was never going to let Doom carry the mantle because its fucking Doom
No shit. Doom is basically playing dress-up because he's too much of an arrogant cunt. That's why his book works. It's not an Iron man replacement, it's Doom being Doom and being an asshole even when he's trying to be good.

They should treat her like Poochie. They already went through the ass kissing phase. All they have to do now is send her into space to get killed off panel.

Would it have worked better if Toni Ho became Iron Heart instead of Riri?

>asian waifu
>daughter of the man who saved Stark

vs

>nignog
>literally who

Jee weez user, I wonder...

>It's in every Bendis interview prior to the title's launch.
Yet it isn't reflected in series. No need to get angry at PR.

I know Doom's book works. The point here I'm making is that Ironheart is trying to make a name separate for herself. I was expecting Miles levels of aping, but I thought wrong.

If were like 15 or 16 issues in, and we're already going through the motions again expected in Tony books, I'll start complaining.

I doubt it would matter. Bendis would do his best to write her the same.