Where in Africa is Wakanda supposed to be...

Where in Africa is Wakanda supposed to be? And how did it get so technologically advanced if it never trades with other countries?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/21/germany-sharia-police-court-ruling
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Congo. They enslaved other niggers and sold them. In exchange to be left alone

>its another 'i dont read comics but i'll Sup Forums shitpost anyway" episode.

whats with the thundercats logo

did tchalla steal the sword of omens or some shit

Fuck off Tumblr, shitposting isn't a Sup Forums thing and he is asking a valid question. Marvel has forgotten that wakanda was a shithole before T challa, and the movie won't go that way.

Most of Sup Forums has no idea about the geography of Africa and he is making a valid question about if they traded or its just tech convergence

South of Agrabah

>i'll pretend i'm concerned about the actual historical portrayal of a fictional city in a comic book to give those Sup Forumsmblr a run for they're money

>i'll even samefag. they'll never know.

I'm not a same fag and I'm a fan of black panther, that's why I get mad at Sup Forumsmblr faggots like you, there's 20 threads a day to talk about how much you fags hate batman being more popular that X. If that user wants to shitpost he can too. If he wants to make We waz jokes he is allowed, this thread is. More productive than any batman rape thread and is a space to talk about black panther, you just get triggered because someone may laugh at nigs and Africans. That's a really tiny prize to pay to have a thread where some people may pick up some interest on the character. Fuck you Tumblr.

we

Wuz

You know you're only preempting against it because you know how signally and silly Wakanda as a concept is.

It's like when libs go
>inb4 Chicago
When talking about Gun bans. The meme doesn't work when it's a valid counter.

Northeast of Africa, the exact location is unknown since it's fucking Marvel, they change it everytime.

>how signally and silly Wakanda as a concept is
Hush, you will trigger Sup Forumsmblr.

Funny how no one mention how they're a theocratic dictadorship.

So they're like current America?

KAAAANGZ

wherever they want, alien technology, and being lucky enough to be around a powerful power source(vibrabium)

Fuck them. The world plays retard fiddle to a bunch of angsty whiny savages and the betas that enable them. Society is sick and I'm tired of playing nice with it. He started this with the 'subtle Sup Forums thread' passive aggressive bullshit, and I will finish it with some agressive agressive truth. Wakanda is a stupid concept made up by Jews to get people to pretend niggers are gonna change someday.

THUNDERCATS ARE ON THE MOVE

THUNDERCATS ARE LOOSE

More like current Germany.Us got not religious police.
theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/21/germany-sharia-police-court-ruling

>Sup Forums trying this hard to shitpost

They were located over Deposits of Australium.

>And how did it get so technologically advanced if it never trades with other countries?

you literally don't let anyone else in. Wakanda is literally the poster child for ethnic purity

same reason UAE is rich as fuck despite being surrounded by nothing but sand

Oil and foreign experts?

Can Warner sue Marvel for using the Thundercats logo like that? Pretty sure it's trademarked.

Yes.

Oh my fucking god you stupid fucks, it's because they're fucking on top of the world's only Vibranium mine. The only piece of it they shared with the outside world was the piece given by T'Chaka to Cap to forge into his signature shield, and only because WW2 was going on.

You don't even need to read fucking comics to know this shit, any fucking kid who had a Marvel Fleer pack in the 90s could tell you this.

>And how did it get so technologically advanced if it never trades with other countries?

BECUZ WE WUZ KANGS N SHEIT NIGGA

You are a retard. It Doesnt matter if I live over oil if I'm not trading it.

>its because of the vibranium they don't export
You don't know how economies work, do you?

You already made this thread Sup Forums

right here next to lake victoria

Because writers really don't understand how economics or economies work and they don't realize you need a highly industrialized economy with a large amount of division of labor and capital accumulation to create industries that can create this technology.

That type of capitalist economy can't really exist without trading for resources with someone else, unless they have literally everything they need within the borders of Wakanda, which could be possible.

But again, with no contact with the outside world, where did they get the IDEAS to make these things? Depending on the version of Wakanda, they have skyscapers and shit. Okay, so who's idea was it to build up buildings that way? That's an idea that started in the West with Western architects. Basically Wakandas would have to have all the same exact ideas at the same time or before as a bunch of people scattered throughout the world, intereacting with each other.

Now if they actually were taking the worlds ideas and just using them, but pretending/lying to their people that it was originally from them... That would actually make more sense and would make a better story with T'Challa having to face the fact that his people live a lie.

Vibranium is a really powerful metal storywise that has a lot of unique properties, this gave the Wakandans a different technological advancement.

That plus sometimes panther magic & strengthening herbs

That would be an interesting concept storywise, maybe explore it in Marvel What-if. They'd be like a reverse North Korea.

Too bad Marvel will never do it.

Wakanda existed for about 10000 years. Their technology progressed independently from the rest of the world. At a snail's pace if progress since industrial revolution is taken into account. They will be overtaken in a few decades.

That doesn't fix the issue.

dont they also have a magic spirit guiding them.

Never said it did, that's just the in-universe justification

No. It didn't, it literally was just one or two generations, before that they were just protected by their own violence and magic Negro Kings

>it literally was just one or two generations
If the the Cavengers announcement is any indication, they retconned that and now they wuz Black Panthers since 1.000.000 B.C.

I wish there was an hyper-technologically advanced native americans as well. That'd be neat to see something like a hero called The Thunderbird as like the native american version of Black Panther.

But nooooo. Like always, the natives always gotta get left out. Fucking SJWs don't even really consider them a part of the oppressed class until they see some white dude wear a native american headdress.

>they survive Western plagues through hermetically-sealed powersuits and later with vaccines
>unwilling to help other native tribes because fuck outsiders
>constant thorn in the side of what is otherwise the most powerful country on Earth
>whole region of flatlands excluded from the control of the continental United States
>US is always looking to undermine their control
>arc takes place in a time where the US is slowly becoming technologically equal, very tense
>obligatory flashback of Comanche-esque warriors attacking 1800s settlers with motorbikes and automatic firearms

sounds controversial

wew, okay

Dude, Cavengers isn't going to catch on. This is like the 3rd thread I've seen you use it.

>silly Wakanda as a concept

Are you new to comics? Everything is silly.

I think a map in the background of the trailer showed it being somewhere in East Africa, near Uganda or something

The thing is, different people independently coming up with the same idea at around the same time is something that really happens, though.

Also, Wakanda being isolationist doesn't mean they ignore the outside world. You can find out what's happening in other countries without having direct relations with them.

More like Saudi Arabia. I mean seriously, theocratic absolute monarchy that's super-wealthy due to natural resources. Only difference is Wakanda doesn't seem interested in spreading their religion to the rest of the world.

Not even him but this is a topic that's been brought up over and over. Past comics have shown scholars and scouts of Wakanda have gone out and brought back skills and knowledge with them. Plus the reigning King has been shown to commune with the Panther God to further his understanding of the world, Vibranium and other topics.

Or interested in controlling their neighbour states and letting others enter their country