Fucking LEGO

>children's building block company
>somehow makes video games that range from competent to incredible
>somehow makes shows that range from competent to bretty gud
>somehow makes movies that are consistently high quality

How did they do this? Who the fuck is the genius behind their creative R&D? What wizards managed to market a toddler's toy brand into a formidable media conglomerate?

>Chima
>Bionicle G2 Netflix series
>Competent

The Dutch man.

Theyve managed to strike a good balance between outsourcing to people who know what they're doing while keeping enough control to preserve the brand.For instance the name, visual design, and lore for Gen 1 wasn't developed in house, but by a company called ADVANCE who they work closely with.

*Gen 1 Bionicle

Speaking of Bionicle lore, apparently at some point GregF retconned Pohatu to having always been orange.

>Dutch
Either you didn't do your research or you honestly don't know the difference between the Netherlands and Denmark.

But why aren't others this good at outsourcing cartoon production? Every video game company seems to fail at it. Most you companies do. It's just Lego and Hasbro.

Lego has the work philosophy and the Danish concept of happiness, Hasbro had horsies which made them realize you can sell more stuff when the cartoon is good.

As for the vidya, it just doesn't really work that well as a cartoon, you have problems with the pacing. Also, there is more source material, toys just have the toys while vidyas have actual story and lore with them, which gives you restrictions.

>somehow makes video games that range from competent to incredible
You mean "they have been squeezing out the same shit for the past 12 years"

Also, it's clear that they have become increasingly dependent upon licensed themes to drive sales. So much for creativity

>Bionicle G2
Shut up, I'm still salty.

GregF has said a lot of stupid shit. It's at the point now where I'm just deciding that most everything he answers in a Q&A and doesn't put in a story is utterly irrelevant to the lore.

what the actual fuck

[Engdermark intensifies]

At this point, all his answers are a variant of "I didn't elaborate that during my stories" or "Lego hasn't released an official statement, I can't say"

We're all salty.

Not really. He's still revealing stuff that would be better off unanswered. Recently he said that Great Beings were Glatorian.

You mean the Danes.

Hasbro succeeded with Transformers, too.

besides what says, most other companies just don't care enough to bother

At this point you might as well ask him to start over from scratch and see what happens.

It would be entertaining for how catastrophic it would be. Greg is like George Lucas. Only good so long as someone is looking over his shoulder and keeping him on the right track.