Hugh Jackman was slated to make a cameo appearance as Wolverine in Sam Raimi's SPIDER-MAN...

>Hugh Jackman was slated to make a cameo appearance as Wolverine in Sam Raimi's SPIDER-MAN, but couldn't make it to New York City in time for shooting.

Imagine an early 2000's MCU.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tFgy18rIsL0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Tobey Maguire
>Hugh Jackman
>Ben Affleck
>Jessica Alba
>Nicolas Cage
>Eric Bana

Could've been kino.

>>Tobey Maguire
>>Hugh Jackman
>>Ben Affleck
>>Jessica Alba
>>Nicolas Cage
>>Eric Bana
It hurts me how irrelevant half of them are now.

>Imagine an early 2000's MCU.
It would be total shit because most of the people making capekino didn't even know what the fuck they were doing in early 2000's.

Jackman and Affleck are still big, Alba and Bana faded into obscurity, Cage is Cage and Maguire pretty much retired to become a semi-professional poker player.

Raimi and Singer were doing a good job.

This. Also youtube.com/watch?v=tFgy18rIsL0

Has the Carnage symbiote ever latched onto to Wolverine? That shit would be great. The symbiote would meet Wolverine and be like I want me some of that, then it can't bond with Wolverine because it happens at a point in his life where he's over all the violence.

It's endearing how loose these movies played with continuity before the cinematic universe rush.

This made me happy.

Didn't Singer also wear a Spidey costume on the set of Superman Returns or something? I heard some sort of story like that.

Kind of miss that idea of having a singular vision with a distinct feel, rather than everything having to be homogenized to fit the same brand.

I feel like with the way cape films are handled, you'll never get the kind of bold choices like Nolan's Batman. Even though Ang Lee's Hulk was boring as fuck, at least it had it's own peculiar feel. The Incredible Hulk somehow managed to be even more boring.

But I also wanna see heroes interact... maybe if they still had shared universes, but weren't so uptight about keeping everything uniform, even if it means sacrificing some continuity consistency for quality from time to time.

Dofp and First class had signature feels. Don't know what Apocalypse felt like to be honest.

I want to say the Carnage symbiote likes its current host so much it either can't or won't go to a new one unless it has to. Been a while since I've read Carnage though so I could be wrong.

I remembered Fantastic Four, X-men and Dr. Strange were named dropped in the Rami Movies.

apocalypse was a roland emmerich movie

Imagine the clusterfuck it'd be be now with competing studios producing it.

They'd probably have cut the cameo even if they filmed it; like Telly Savalas in Superman, it just would have been a little too crossover-goofy to keep the suits happy.

I've been looking for the right words to describe Apocalypse, now I have them. Thank you.

How out of place was that Quicksilver scene? Then you have all the side plots that add up to just about nothing, like Psylocke and Angel being just about useless.

Alba didn't completely get out of acting, but she did get into cosmetics. She's worth a few hundred million on that basis; her company is likely worth a couple of billion by now. Haven't checked lately.

>Cry pretty, Jessica

Really makes you think.

Maguire and Alba have the right idea. Don't hang on chasing big awards like some sad old DiCaprio, or fly around trying to fuck Argentinian presidents because Madonna won't take you back like Sean Penn, just... find something you're good at that isn't acting, and do that. Even if it's directing or producing or whatever.

Affleck's learned the hard way that awards don't come easy and lightning does not strike twice just because you feel inspired all the time. Reading back the interviews he did for some godawful movies in the past you'd never realize he probably understood how bad his record was becoming after such a stellar start, but he undoubtedly knew all along.

Like Orson Welles, five boxes of house red in, screaming at the waitress because his fishsticks are still cold in the middle. Pretty sad. But not, you know, hugely sad, because they got a lot of fuckin money over the years.

We better get Quicksilver telling Magneto they're related by the next film.

What years does one have to be born in to be considered an "early 2000s kid"?

Were they? I know Doctor Strange was. I don't remember the FF or X-Men references.

Why would QS know that? Even Mags didn't really know, he just kind of assumed.

Isn't Singer friends with Emmerich?

I remember at least two times a symbiote tried to attach to him, and the healing factor stopped it because lolmagic.

But those were at least 10 years ago, so who knows now.