Good evening owls,

onward

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/RyanHigginsRyan/status/877195066288226305
twitter.com/leyawn/status/877204593347899393
theonion.com/article/god-deploys-100000-more-mosquitoes-us-56279
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

so Marvel solicits

HAHA. Finished yesterday's just in time.

Say it all for only $5.99!

dammit not-Hal

it's so dumb

CD needs to go back to being Hyperion National Comics/A Hyperion Publication.
To counter Batwank.

desu he deserves worse

Honestly man I don't see shit that I'm interested in anymore from Marvel, apart from maybe a couple of artists. Chris Priest's Inhumans thing I guess.

I don't care enough to read them anymore.

Is the X-line cancelled yet?

Hello, Storyteller.

So about this whole Diana having a brother nonsense. Which is better to be this mysterious 'Jason', Jason Blood or Jason Todd?

No wrong answers of course, this entire long lost relative concept is fucking stupid to begin with, so let's at least go full on COMIC BOOKS with it.

>Ptang
>Bting
>Btow

Solid SFX game up in here.

mostly garbage, again! what the fuck is Marvel doing?

twitter.com/RyanHigginsRyan/status/877195066288226305

might as well go full mythological and have adventures with the Argonauts, really

That Jason came to a deserved bad end

>We need your cooperation to help America kick the gun habit.
Wow even for comic books this is pretty fucking unrealistic.

Todd is more fun to me.

I ask in full sincerity: please no 2nd Amendment wank tonight

Zarda gets an F rating from the NRA.

This means nothing, as she's an immortal, superstrong Eternal capable of tanking their entire membership.

>Which is better to be this mysterious 'Jason', Jason Blood or Jason Todd?

>Jason Todd, Prince of Themyscira, teaming with Artemis, Bana-Mighdall outcast

It's like you want the shipping to intensify!

It's dumbfuck executives and/or cheapass Perlmutter.

They're convinced Marvel is a "premium" brand and making it the same price or less than the other brands makes it seem less important.

It's probably one of the single biggest problems with Marvel right now, they're trying to appeal to a broader market and get comics to more types of people, yet whoever is in charge of pricing and distribution won't let go of old business models.

I would actually love the Argonauts to show up in WW because it's a huge pedigree of Greek heroes and there's loads of places you could take it. I mean, have they really not put Atalanta in a WW comic yet?

So this is the 80s, yeah? Probably around the Perez run.

>President Gardener
Oof. There's a terrifying thought.

Jason and the Argonauts were in Simone's Wondie. Which I think was the first attempt to do a "male Amazons" story when Zeus made the two groups live together on New Themyscira.

Personally hoping for Feminist Jason Todd.

Blood/Etrigan would be cool as shit actually

Brb writing Etrigan and the Argonaunts

I have not really understood anything Marvel has done for a while now. Like their biggest competitor isn't totally better, but at least there's some logic in the moves to some degree.

It's underused! Let's all go read the Argonautica of Apollonius of Rhodes.

Blood would definitely make no sense because he was born hundreds of years before Diana.

And Jason would definitely be too young, unless they've REALLY aged Diana down a lot.

Remember, it's supposedly her TWIN brother.

Is anyone interested in any of the Generations one-shots?

It's really something to realize none of the Rebirth books have been cancelled or been majorly shook up

Biggest change is what, Superwoman getting another writer?

lol

1987 IIRC.

I hate that they cut out the indicia from the digital release.

Gotta wonder what Robinson has planned really. It's not a pitch that attracts me but I don't think it'll be mindless.

Nope. Who cares about some pointless time travel?

Hitch said he's starting his last JL arc with 33, but I guess that doesn't count since it hasn't actually happened yet

I think so. Also maybe Hitch is leaving JL? But there's writer changes and there's "writer changes and the style/remit of the book radically changes too"

Etrigan would hook up with Medea and kill the real Jason again in hell IMO.

I can't say it's setting me on fire except the combination is really curious. Like, THIS is Robinson coming back to DC? Why this?

I'd read that

>Hype's puss

I like Zarda. I mean, kinda hard for me not to when she's a well researched knock off of Diana.

I hate when people say there should be more and more Greek shit in WW, cause, I'm sorry, this is a SUPERHERO comic, not a fucking Greek myth fanfic. Unless you put a more superhero style spin on these concepts, they can fuck right off.

Seems like it's just a favor to get Johns' storyline done rather than something he has specifically planned himself. And last time this happened (New Krypton) I didn't hate it until the end.

Also some normie with a shitpile of followers on Twitter found out about Dogwelder today, called him a villain, and got a million ACTUALLY responses

it was fine

someone needs to do an NSM with it and actually research some Classical thought and work THAT into superheroing

You have a conflict between your classic old dumb executives, the people who are still in the 2000-2010 mentality like Alonso, Brevoort and Quesada, and people who genuinely want to be progressive in both a cultural sense and a product sense where they have lines to appeal to kids and young adults.

At DC, Didio and Johns are REALLY GOOD at managing the relationship between editorial and executives. They're great at appeasing the suits without sacrificing their creative visions. I honestly doubt anyone at Marvel has the balls to stand up to asshole execs, and maybe rightfully because from everything I've heard the execs over there are far less forgiving.

The Argonauts basically are Greek superheroes. And like the fun fuck-up kind of superhero too.

This really seems like a random stop-gap until they get someone else to do a longer run.
I've seen some people think that he is only doing it because it looks like an editorially influences "someone HAS to follow up on this brother thing" situation.

> this is a SUPERHERO comic, not a fucking Greek myth fanfic

Thor is at his best when the comic is a Norse myth fanfic

after all, the Four Elements theory is in Aristotle, plus the aether. Throw in temperament theory too for the lulz

It's not like he's just some guy DC could easily call upon though. So there was probably some serious discussion involved: maybe he's getting something else down the line for this, a testing the waters kinda thing.

>some normie with a shitpile of followers on Twitter found out about Dogwelder today

Probably from some clickbait shit hole that lives off ad revenue from garbage like " TOP 10 CHARACTERS DC DOESN'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT" videos

Yeah, I totally get "We need a fill-in and we want to address this topic", but then you draft a house writer who's been on call and is known for easy writing to spec, which is not really what I'd call Robinson on either front wrt DC

>I hate when people say there should be more and more Greek shit in WW, cause, I'm sorry, this is a SUPERHERO comic, not a fucking Greek myth fanfic. Unless you put a more superhero style spin on these concepts, they can fuck right off.

I see you point, but c'mon, man, The Argonauts were the original super-team. They've got like, 2500 years on the Justice Sociey.

>I can't say it's setting me on fire except the combination is really curious. Like, THIS is Robinson coming back to DC? Why this?
Yeah, Robinson coming back to do a short stint on WW to handle some loose end plots seems a little weird

Wonder if they offered him something he'd rather be doing after WW to lure him back

twitter.com/leyawn/status/877204593347899393

I wonder if he is just getting tired of Marvel's editorial, or the lack thereof. I remember reading on Sup Forums (so of course it could have been BS) that he pitched the Scarlet Witch series because she was in the movies, and that the editorial board had not considered running a book to capitalize on that.

Robinson JSA?

That'd be one hell of an apology tour

That kinda disallows horse skulled alien cyborgs with Simonson-brand smartships, tho.

I considered it, but I thought he didn't want to be typecast as the "reviving old ass properties" guy

then again he's never really had a proper JSA run has he? he's only really done the first few issues that preceded Geoff/Goyer

DASTARDLY AND MUTTLEY BABY

BRING ME THE GOOD STUFF AGAIN ENNIS

He had Earth-2. I'm gonna say if this works out we get Robinson Shazam.

I am so there for that although I'm really unsure about the tone from the solicit

He did all the setup and then bailed because he was incredibly burned out by the end of Starman--same thing with the Hawkman revival, that was his foundation.

And it might be enough of a passion project, and the sense of getting to do it right without Eddie Berganza fucking it up THIS time. It's a guess, but it'd fit a theme.

>Earth 2
>proper JSA
even if you disregard all the trash that followed him, nah nigga

It's just like my Toriyama cartoons.

The original E2 pitch/concept was a 40s period piece, but then there came the different mandate and the NO DUPLICATES rule and man Editorial at that time was so fucking weird and nitpicky

>TOP 10 CHARACTERS DC DOESN'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT
Not gonna lie, I'd be interested in seeing that list.

the mosquitoes outside are definitely over 9000 :(

It's mostly Firestorm rogues, as I imagine it.

Also, racist villains from the 40s.

is this /d/

it's a very particular sort of /d/ gone wrong, lol

You mean Hawkwank?

theonion.com/article/god-deploys-100000-more-mosquitoes-us-56279

;____;

DAMMIT, GOD

>Crisis of Conscience.jpg

It's like everything from the past 20 years of edgy comix has already been addressed better in these 12 issues

This issue did not go where I expected it to with Spectrum and Zarda.

This one is really weird, I'm not where Gru was going with this.

Those last two panels are great stuff

*not sure

Thank you for catching my error when I swapped out Superman for [THREAD RELATED]

Why did DC never capitalize on their Avengers knockoffs the way Marvel did with their Justice League ones?

>Those toy limbs

I choose to disregard He-Man and count this as another DC homage.

I think because for various reasons the cultural popularity weight has been strongly on the DC side as opposed to individual Avengers, so there's no real point

But also for whatever reason, no one did anything as striking with them as Gru did here

Eh, it makes perfect sense considering who they're supposed to be knockoffs of.

It's also just plain fucked how Marvel managed to get a better handle on the characters of their direct competitor than some of DC's own writers at times. Then again, this is written by Grundelwald, a writer notable for being dedicated to giving a shit.

>Not warning the Squad ahead of time that Nuke's coming and fighting mad

Man, even Hal isn't that dumb, Spec.

Speaking of, Zirch was talking about Warlord today and how he'd love to do it. And Jurgens hopped in a bit, as we all recall he drew later issues for Grell (and they're beautiful too)

Obviously, it was Golden Archer, and obviously, this is /d/.

Mindbreak: The Rapin' Man's Fetish.

>But also for whatever reason, no one did anything as striking with them as Gru did here
But that didn't stop JMS' Supreme Power, or the Secret Wars 2017 miniseries, or the Robinson stealth mini.

because X-Men are Marvel's important team

I mean, on the DC side with their Avengers knockoffs, no one ever managed to write anything with them that makes you sit down and take notice. Marvel has had good fun with various Hyperions.

Speaking of sitting down and taking notice

>Don’t miss this very special issue, as its events will have massive repercussions for the rest of the Marvel Universe!

>The prologue to one of the biggest Iron Man stories in modern history!

Has Bendis ever actually delivered a satisfying in and of itself, sit back and smoke a cigarette in bed kind of story arc?

Because when Giffen and Dematteis did their spin on this, the "Avengers" were from a dead world, one of them died of cancer, and they ended up overshadowed by their villains.

Yeah, but that's because no one has tried. Granted, their Avengers knockoffs were pretty fucking shit, I mean, really? Blue Jay? Wandjina? JOHNNY B. QUICK?? Holy fuck.

They never really got a definitive version like the Squadron did, and their 70's version hadn't really caught on in the first place.

Like said, the DC archetypes are incredibly iconic and ingrained in comicsdom, but the appeal of Marvel characters was that they didn't fit into those moulds and weren't as rchetypal.

But now with the movies making them iconic, we're probably in prime territory to do something great with them.

Based Gru giving us Diana and Arthur hanging out.

Though I just realized, Amphibian doesn't seem to have his own Mera. Clearly this was before she got super popular.

>Cut off one glacial paced anti-climax, two more will take its place

'Wandjina' just looks dirty and you've all thought it too

Mera was IIRC out of comics for a really long time

That's actually true, the first Angor mini ever made was called Lord Havok and the Extremists (by Frank fucking Tieri of all people, but that's besides the point), and that recent JLA arc was all about the Extremists as well.