Traditional animation

Will it ever come back someday?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ngkh2HIE-s4
youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.

Why on Earth would it?

No. The last time I remember traditional animation attempt to come back I loved it...And it bombed.

Nope, maybe if someone can invent a program that is a little better than Toon Boom we might get some mroe variety in style again.

Still going strong.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ngkh2HIE-s4

There's a film coming in theaters that uses traditional animation.

>Will it ever come back someday?
Not unless we can bring people back from the dead.

Maybe not mainstream, but individuals can do anything.

>Will it ever come back someday?
Yes, in a new way.

I get ya, I really do. There is something special about traditional animation, and we do associate a lot of classic that we grew up with, with traditional animation.

Although, I feel the potential in digital animation. Yes, because of it, we have gotten some shit-tier, bottom of the barrel, please release me from the fibers of existence dog shit... Buuuut, I have seen amazing things done with digital animation that probably would never exist without it, or to the quality it was presented in.

It's really all in the hands of the creator, they're the ones who decide - Fast cheap pay-off cock, or something greater. In my opinion, it's all about the love you have for an idea, and I feel that there are a good number of people with great skill and wonderful things to show. With digital animation, they can break through easier, and be able to have their creation, made with passion, shown to all of us.

I do love the feel of traditional, but in all honesty, we really should embrace the times. There will always be shit, and if you want to get to something special, you have to make an effort to shift through all the shit. That's just the way entertainment is these days, and it was going to be be this way no matter what.

Remember, it's not about the tool, it's the person behind it.

Cuphead
StudioMDHR

wow, mighty b was animated traditionally? i always thought it was weird how good it looked.

those are animated just like every other cartoon today.

Klaus.

Solid

All of traditional animation is trash. Flash animation is where it's at.

Thank (You)

define "traditional"
hand drawn? still done in most anime then digitally colored
analog as in cel and film? if only, not likely unless it's a special project. maybe new technology or methods could bring it back

It sure is alive in japan.
it's doing in europe
But it will never return to america.
no. There's a few gifs where the bosses where animated on pencil first.
flash is a biohazard if 2D is trash. 3d animation is a peice of bronze and Pixel animation is antimatter

No it died in 2004

Steven Universe and OK KO are both hand drawn on paper animation, the cells are just colored in computers.

Make it cheap and it will.

One game that actually uses completely hand drawn animation is Skullgirls. As for actual cartoons, I don't think so. If it's an indie production, maybe, but otherwise it's too expensive. I mourn its death too

youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME

I don't agree with this, that everything will be digital soon.

People love the charm of animation and stop motion.

It will stay about as niche as stop motion.

Everything traditional in art is going the way of the camera roll. Sure there's someone who still shoots on vintage Rolleis, but they're either Sunday aficionados or hipsters who want to do something "different" — both of which aren't working professionally.

In the end digital is superior and that's why it's taken over. It's faster, more convenient, with stronger possibilities. The few issues that make traditional still preferrable will be gone within the decade.

I say this as a traditional artfag

>Steven Universe and OK KO are both hand drawn
Oof. Maybe hand drawn animation should die for real then.