Is Plastic Man really as powerful as the internet says he is?

Is Plastic Man really as powerful as the internet says he is?

Yes.

Yes he is.

Nobody ever shows PM doing anything amazing, just scenes where people are saying how powerful he is.

Really just depends on comic/writer. All characters have had some universe shattering moments, and have jobber like little bitches. Batman is a startling example of this.
>Destroys white Martians
>gets fucked by Joker

>catwoman
jesus, Miller is okay at drawing borders but god don't make him detail anything

>those quality bants from Batman in the second panel

is he one of us?

Isn't that guy really powerful too

That is kind of the point. He has skills of a master thief that is able to change size of his voice box to mimic anyone language.

He has near invincibly due to his body makeup and special molecules that has yet to be explained (The forge is doing that now).

Its the Deadpool scenario. Able to kill everyone due his unique skills but unable to get his life together to make anything happen with those skills and unique attributes.

He did some neat things in the comics on a regular basis, but DC is spectacularly terrible at using and reprinting characters who weren't from the OG three companies that formed it, so you wouldn't have read it.

Though powerlevel faggotry isn't really what Plas should be popular for.

Yes and no. Writers have no sense of scale so you get situations like soldiers dying from an arrow attack while atop a massive 500 foot wall and in the grim dark future we have such terrible wars that leave a hundred thousand dead.

A burn so sick even Firestorm is going to need a burn heal

How can he surprise the flash? What about that thing about attosecond thinking that was posted countless times.
Is DC just inconsistent?

That attosecond line is stupid anyway. Every character needs to job every so often. Here is one of Flash's. Also it's Injustice, the main league are nothing like their canon selves except maybe Batman.
>Is DC just inconsistent?
Well fucking duh, it's cape comics.

Out of all the superheroes the Flash suffers the worst from writer's just slapping whatever powers they need on him.

This physically hurts to look at.

Everyone has fought a giant monster.
Conjecture
Conjecture

wow that was rude

He also had an entire fight in less than a single picosecond, disarmed a machine in a picosecond, reacted in a femtosecond, picked all the bullets in a war before anyone could die etc.

Then he gett tagged by pretty much anyone, writers simply don't read comcis

its injustice. Nothing is consistent, nothing makes sense.

firestorm is pretty strong, somewhat near the green lanterns power level. But he is lackluster compared to top tier heroes like superman.

>injustice
please let him be a fighter

Never knew Plastic Man was anything of value. Never thought he was anything more than a goofy somewhat stupid powered hero. And I consider myself a big comic fan. Not sure how I feel about knowing he can do all this now...

I really don't know why he isn't on the roster. He has such a big role in the comics and canonically survived. Seems strange not to have him apart from difficulty with animation.

>Wah Plastic Man would be hard to animate!
>Dhalsim has been around since 1991
The MK guys are a bunch of hacks, what else is new?

When he has his classic Alchemical abilities he should be fantastically powerful. Hell the series where that scene comes from shows off some of his capabilities.

Batman had him locked up frozen because he was too powerful.

>writers simply don't read comics

Or maybe, just maybe, they "forget" these things because if they adhered to all the stupid bs flash has done in his comics nothing interesting would happen sans the times he's fighting another speedster or some stupidly OP entity.

Firestorm could beat Superman with kryptonite.

Why do people give Bendis such a hard time for his dialog when Miller was doing it a decade before him?

I hate when they drag Plas into power level faggotry. He's too good for that shit.

He's the closest thing to a toon force user in DCU.

I like the love/hate relationship Batman and Plas have. Plasticman is the redemption that Batman always hopes to find in criminals. They're just polar opposites that respect each other.

At one point Firestorm was considered potentially the most powerful being in existence because if his matrix goes nuclear he can take out all of existence. Usually he's just really strong but held back by his inexperience.

Can Dhalsim turn into a bicycle, pogo stick or balloon?

Can Dhalsim slip his entire arm into someone noses to knock them out?

Dhalsim is you typical stretchy guy. PM is so beyond much more beyond that.

For some feats, Plas went toe to toe with Fernus who one shotted superman and easily beat the whole league. He survived 3000 years on the ocean floor in little pieces. Circe magically turned him into a pig and he just bounced back.

That's not just some random giant monster. It's Martian Manhunter, powered up, insane and with his weakness to fire removed. He easily took down Superman, but he couldn't beat Plastic Man.

Flash ever losing a fight, or even being hit at all, by a non-speedster makes zero sense. But it happens all the time because it would be boring if Flash were as invincible as somebody with near-infinite speed by all rights should be.

But Superman knows this, so it would be a quick raw. Can Superman defeat Firestorm before he can make kryptonite? Yes. Easily.

That's what happens when you don't retcon silly silver age stuff to meet with today's sensibilities. Flash is too overpowered to make him work at the same level as most other superheroes so they always have to come up with bullshit ways for him to act like a retard.

Why was he so terrified to even attempt taking on Superman in Injustice? And he also admitted that he cannot handle the pressures of the bottom of the ocean.

So there is some admitting that he cannot take kryptonian level characters.

Where the fuck did you get any of that? Bullshit, all of it. He didn't fight Supes because he didn't want to fight Supes, he wanted to get his son out of Jail and beating Supes wouldn't have done that. I recall nothing about "pressures of the bottom of the ocean".

His narration covered both those things several times

>injustice

Nuff said. Despite papa Taylor writing a fun and fucking insane story the characters and powersets are never accurate to mainline DC.

Yeah? Do you have a page to prove that? I don't own the comic so I can't go check but I'm pretty sure his only concern in the comic is his ability to break into the prison at the bottom of the sea once he got there.

I do know that Plas is a coward at heart though, so just because he easily beat Supes in a fight doesn't mean he'll actually want to fight him.

*just because he COULD easily beat

Actually several JLA members talk about how Plas is incapable of reaching his son because the undersea pressure is too much for him to handle.

They speculate that sure, but then he does it.

He steals a sub then teleports out

Boy, this doesn't begin to describe Plastic Man. People forget that he's basically a secret A lister. Dude had four seasons of his own animated series and almost got his own adult swim series. When he showed up for thirty seconds on the Super Friends, it was a big deal FOR THE SUPER FRIENDS. Shit, Baker's run is probably one of the best comics DC ever put out, if not the whole medium.

"Plastic Man is the most powerful member of the justice league" is usually said half jokingly. But only half.

Alright, I went and checked the annual. Cyborg thinks that Plas can't survive the pressure. Then Plas literally dives down to the prison. You are 100% wrong.

if both ware written as competent, how does he beat Superman? a Green Lantern?

Plas wouldn't be nearly so big a deal if people took him seriously. But his powerset is literally to be able to deform himself in any conceivable way while never dying. He's been shot, stabbed, burned, decapitated, the works, and he just kind of shrugs it off and keeps going. The only real obvious weakness he has besides stuff he can regenerate from is having a limited color palette while shapeshifting. But all he has to do is put something over his body and that's basically solved. Even then, he CAN do it, it just takes effort.

Superman is easy. He just sneaks into the fortress of solitude while Superman is away and disguises himself as Supes's cape. Then he just takes an opportunity whenever it eventually comes up and Superman is fighting somebody else.

GL's are easy. He basically just needs to soak up whatever gets thrown until they're out, then hit them with whatever he's got.

It won't be an exact representation of his powers, but a Battletoads style moveset could give him some justice.

I think it is something he has to basically activate. Like imagine if you were thinking at that speed all of the time, you would go fucking bonkers. I am guessing that brief moment of being startled is your only window of taking the guy out since he doesn't have some kind of willpower that doesn't flinch. Once he is over that flinch though, well it is all over for you.

At least that is my way of handwaving it away.

The only way I could see that being given some kind of representation in 3D games would be if he was comprised of several models, basically one would have to rig and animate him so that when moves like that fist thing are used are if a model is brought in during an animation sequence and scaled.

That was Wally anyhow. Injustice is Barry and a shitty weak version of Barry at that.

They did retcon it. After Crisis Wally couldn't go faster than the speed of sound.

It just crept its way back in because once you've told a hundred slow Wally stories you want to tell some fast ones.

You do know that a a Battletoads character is in 3D fighting game right now right?

>After Crisis Wally couldn't go faster than the speed of sound.
I know, but I meant to say that it reverted back to silver age tardness, Barry included.

>How can he surprise the flash?
He was subtlety feeling up the Flash while they were talking. Flash only noticed once Plas already had his tendrils inside him.

>implying that developing Plastic Man as a Dhalsim knockoff wouldn't be a grave injustice

>Everyone has fought a giant monster.
As far as I can remember Consintine never did. Then again I have yet to finish hellblazer.

This. Flash as anything more then a guy who goes fast was a fucking mistake.

Well yeah. Faster then the speed of sound is fine but there still needs to be a limit past that.

Plas needs a weakness I think. No a kryptonite, because thats dumb. But something to make him slightly less terrifying.

I'd have it so his plastics get brittle at extreme temperatures, say, -80 to ~900-1400 degrees, depending on what form he takes. So if he shifts into a more robust blocky form, he can last longer in intense heat than stretched thinly.

It puts him in the top tier still, but lets a few select individuals (Superman for one) able to balance him out.

Flash has to activate super speed perception, though it'll trigger if something like a bullet starts touching him, Plastic Man was more subtle.
Someone like Quick Silver, who is in speed mode all the ti

Orrrrrrrrrre you just code a larger hitbox to coincide with the larger limb.

No different than when a fighting game character whips out a sword or shoots a projectile.

Hell, Crash is currently a character in Killer Instinct and his bendy cartoon proportions work totally fine

"Powerful" is relative when you're a comic book character being written by the hacks over at DC and Marvel.

see

People keep going on about how strong he is but he is bested by a low level telepath/telekinetic or anyone with elemental powers

No,. not at all. It's a terrible meme started because the general belief is that if a character isn't OP then he sucks. He's a great character but DC is misusing him.

In this scene, Plastic Man is disgused as a button going DEET

READ COMICS AND FIND OUT

>bested by a low level telepath/telekinetic
He's specifically immune to that stuff, so no.
>elemental powers
Like what? Second post he's fighting a giant fire monster that beat the rest of the League, and ice is only a temporary solution.

>Is DC just inconsistent?
welcome to capeshit

He already has some weaknesses tho. He is weak to extreme temperature changes. And Acetone. You can get a litre of his own personal kryptonite for 10€ at you local furniture supermarket.

Meh, a good writer could just add drawbacks to his power.
>Going to fast can get him lost in the speed force
>no more time traveling without the cosmic treadmill
>no more time travel anyway because cape writers are too dumb to use it right
>entering "speed mode" requires him to concentrate for a minute or so before he enters it
Shit like that. He'll still be able to do what he does but he won't be OP 24/7 just a few times and you can spend the following arc or two showing how he's recovering after going a million times over the speed of light unlike now where he's always moving at the speed of light and is never tired and is never damaging the surrounding.

How did that happen?

Remember when Barry was like, I'm being shot, let me just stand here and think about all the ways I can avoid this situation and then defeat the bad guy.
And then he got shot.

Well he's confident to fuck with Injustice Supe so i guess he is pretty powerful

Yes, he is.

YO HO HO HE TOOK A BITE OF GUM-GUM

>supes could have avoided letting out his entire prison of dissidents if he'd just done this one fucking thing

> Supes has a prison of dissidents
> When the biggest crux of Injustice was whether or not to kill Supervillains
He's kind of an idiot and this will always bother me.
Heck by Injustice 2 he's killed more heroes than villains all to protect his right to kill villains.

Impossible. First, Netherealm doesn't do transfornations. They just don't. Second, he doesn't fit the whole gear system, and we can even say that shaders wouldn't even make sense. Third, the dlc characters are all already teased and no sign of plas. I mean, he could probably even be in Raiden's shilloute and NRS would just be trolling with us, then again, they DO NOT DO TRANSFORMATIONS.

He single handed made the Injustice universe regime look like inept morons.

Why is Batman such a bitch

Plastic Man was reduced to dust on a magically induced trip to ancient Atlantis AKA The Obsidian Age.

He survived as little more than mote sized bits of himself for the entire time he was at the bottom of the ocean, maintaining his relative sanity through imagined exploits and attempts to pull himself back together.

He then retired from being Plastic Man, excising a part of his own self to become a better father to his son... Which would've been permanent if not for the coming of FERNUS THE BURNING MARTIAN.

See, it turns out that a long long time ago, White and Green Martians were one and the same. Their psychic power so potent it manifested as a constant burning aura. After the Martians looked down on Earth and noticed the people would pretty much turn out as a planet of Supermen they fucked with humanity and lessened that potential.

Which is when the Guardians stepped in, shit stomped the lot of them, forced them into two separate beings and induced the almighty overriding fear of fire to prevent them from ever becoming that powerful again.

... Until J'onn J'onzz fell in love with a pyrokinetic and had a reason to overcome his fear.

Consumed by the ancient instincts and power that came with it, he utilized the whole of his abilities to crush one of the strongest iterations of the Justice League to be put to paper.

That is until Batman finds Eel O'Brien, convinces him to be Plastic Man again, and the pliable powerhouse, entirely immune to psychic attack, goes toe to toe with a being that can match his shapeshifting while also being as powerful as Superman.

God help the world where Plastic Man isn't a cartoon character in superhero tights. Because he'd be unstoppable.

Plas is one of the few that keeps him up at night. Imagine being Bat-"I have a plan to beat everyone in the JL"-man for a minute. Having plans upon plans for nearly every possible scenario.
Aaannd here comes Plastic man. Nearly godlike abilities and he treats everything like a goddamn joke. You spends weeks trying to think up a contingency plan for him but you simple can't find a way to beat him. Batman has every reason to fear him.

Lets do a Plastic Man Storytime.

There is a character who is more powerful than him.

Page 8 has nothing to do with this issue so story so I'm skipping it.

This is kinda sad...