How would Corvo Attano fare in the DC or Marvel universe?

How would Corvo Attano fare in the DC or Marvel universe?

He would be an actual assassin among scores of tryhard scimitar wielding dumbassess.

You mean Faggot Faggotano?

>short range teleportation
>can see people and tech through walls
>can slow or freeze time
>summons rat swarms to eat people
>can possess people and animals
>can blast wind strong enough to shatter doors or throw people
>regenerates from most damage and has massive damage resistance
>batman tier agility
Overpowered as fuck, would wreck most characters

A better question would be how would his daughter fare in the DC and Marvel universe.

Could Corvo kill superman?

He's weak to magic after all

Why is that a better question?

'cause she's far less experienced than him and hasn't fully mastered her powers.

I don't think his wind blast would do much good against supes.

He fucked an empress, fathered another empress and has a God who finds him fascinating. what have you done Fagnon?

Yeah but her tentacle magic bullshit is terrible compared to teleporting

Exactly.

corvo more like kurwo

I don't get it

Corvo would be pretty broken street level hero.

Rather underwhelming cosmic hero.

Could Deathstroke beat him?

Corvo's an actual assassin while Deathstroke's one of those edgy assault rifle, longsword wielding goofs who like calling themselves terminators.

Deathstroke could react fast enough to impale Flash on his sword during one of this most bullshit phases. Corvo could stop time altogether and take his time killing Deathstroke

Well

Sounds like a Gary Sue fic.

Not impressed.

He would do pretty well because of his experience and powerset

Would get owned by Deathstroke and Deadpool.

Corvo would have people over him in a week because of his lightshow magic tricks.

Meanwhile Garrett would chill out and live the easy street level life.

wouldn't that guy with the bad voice acting and the blank eyes need to be in the other universe too, for his powers to work?

Those games are kinda stupid. The settings are stupid, the weird assortment of powers you get are stupid... why do you need all this crazy sorcery to just murder some fools? The Hitman does it just fine and all he has is whatever he can get his hands on.

What if the Outsider gave Batman Corvo's power Set?

Killing someone as santa with a fire axe may be satisfying user but its still just as goofy.

Most of his powers are street tier, but the fact he has so much shit is what makes him a threat. Although i can see a writer getting butthurt that the edgy Gary Stu is beating everyone's asses so they make him lose by giving [insert superhero] a one off power to kick his ass that'll be brought up by nerds having powerlevel arguments for years to come.

The one thing I love about his actual character is that it's heavily implied he assassinated the emperor to have the empress to himself.

He'd make a plan and he'd follow through, that's what Corvo Attano'd do.

Not many people like the claw guys, but I thought they were creepycool.

And Garrett would make out like a bandit piggybacking on heists and getting away with the loot without the villains or heroes spotting him.

Captain Planet could beat Corvo.

The question is who the fuck is this

One of the main protagonists of the Dishonored game series google it my dude.

He assassinated Jessamine's father? Where the fuck was that and how could I have missed it!

No, I meant Jessamine's husband.

Supes has no defense against magic. If Corvo could stop time and turn invisible while coating his blade in some kind of magic, he could kill him by stabbing him in the heart. And even then that's a long shot. This is Superman were talking about.

Captain Planet is an elemental, he could beat Superman.

I imagine he'd slot somewhere into the Sandman corner of DC, since his patron deity The Outsider is tied to dreams

She was never married. She became Empress when her father died, and carried on a "secret" affair with Corvo. Nobody was fooled, but everybody went along with it even when Emily was born.

Corvo's sword is just a sword. His rats are magical constructs and might be an annoyance for Supes, but Corvo doesn't have any significant "Magical" attacks. Unless his Shadow Kill ability, which turns enemies to ash upon death, imbues his sword with magic in the DC universe. I just consider it a part of gameplay/story segregation, but there is the possibility

Oh, so you have no idea what you're talking about. Cool.

>Unless his Shadow Kill ability, which turns enemies to ash upon death, imbues his sword with magic in the DC universe.
I would imagine it would imbue whatever the fuck he used to kill a person since you can even kill people in other ways besides your sword and they turn to ash.

Because Hitman is about being an assassin in the "real world", more-or-less, and Dishonored is about being an assassin in Magitech London/Palermo. Don't be an autist.

You're trying too hard, user

So like Batman

The thing about Corvo is that he's not going to get into any shit unless Emily is in danger, so she'd have to come along too.

He'd become a low level hero with the powers of a decent villain but whose skill at using them, as well as normal fighting, is absurd. His strongest advantage though is that he's an assassin and uses his powers like one should.

his power level would be off the charts since he is literally the embodiment of
*teleports behind you*
possession is really a game breaker, he can just posses the most powerful of capes like supes and just drown him.

for those that haven't played the game, corvo is given powers by a lovecraftian god who is bored so he just gives away powers to people for entertainment. the only people that are a real threat to corvo are other people that the lovecraftian god gave powers to.

Joins Doctor Strange and Iron Man.
AWESOME FACIAL HAIR BROS!

Dying when possessing someone kills him too.

But yeah, it would usually work as a "I'm taking you out with me" thing against a strong enough villain.

Corvo is really low on mana though.

But wouldn't he also kill himself if he possessed someone and drowned them?

I think his ZA WARUDO power is more OP than possesion.

Man, I still haven't played Dishonored 2. Maybe it will go on sale soon.

I really want to play as this handsome daughteru

This. His time manipulation is the real kicker.

But seriously, everyone is trying to powerwank whoever but all Corvo would want was to get back home or protect and raise Emily if she was with him.

I think it's already like 20-25 dollars now.

I think her powers are really fun, especially Domino. I also like Far Reach because you can pull enemies towards you and choke them/kill them midair.

I hate that they showed Emily grown up. She was such a cute and innocent little girl. God damn, I hate seeing them grow. They just don't need you anymore, ya know? Fuck.

But Emily is still a loving daughteru even if she's grown up. You train with her and then she goes on a dangerous quest to save you if you play as her.

I guess it's something about knowing they aren't the same little innocent ball of cute as before. Hell, she has an off-screen love interest, doesn't she? I just think they shouldn't have revisited those two. They earned their happy ending.

it was recently cracked
though unless you have a powerful rig I recommend getting it on consoles, it is horrible optimized

Well Arkane confirmed that if they make a Dishonored 3 it will be with wholly new different characters since the story of the current ones will be over with the new standalone. I personally hope they go to Pandyssia like 200 years before the events of the current games or something. That place always sounded interesting to me.

He didnt react so much as anticipate. But yes, Corvo would be a massively broken street character. Sort of in a limbo between that and superpowered ones.

>yfw he goes to the leage of assassins

Not to sound like tumblr, but I like that they didn't make her a generic pretty princess and gave her more of a sharp, androgynous look.

A girl that went through the shit she did and had Corvo for a dad, wouldn't wind up as Princess Peach.

Also, is it just me or are the 0 kills playthroughs always basically the canon endings too. It happened with the main game and now it's happening with the Daud DLC too.

To be fair all the people in Dishonored look a bit ugly because of the art style. I think Emily is actually one of the cutest so far (and old man Corvo is handsome too).

I'd not bother reading any further.

I can understand what you're saying about her but I think that Corvo looks a bit too stereotypical in 2. He was rocking a nice look in 1.

>scores of tryhard scimitar wielding dumbassess.
You're talking about DC, right? In marvel, someone who touts themself as an assassin is more likely to use a sniper rifle.

The Outsider could definitely be some new version of the Corinthian, meant to mean what his predecessor meant to humans for superhumans

>Also, is it just me or are the 0 kills playthroughs always basically the canon endings too. It happened with the main game and now it's happening with the Daud DLC too.
I think the canon is always a combination of low chaos and high chaos. I think Corvo canonically killed Havelock and the Padleton twins in the first one and they also recently confirmed that Jindosh was killed in the second one.

But yeah, the canon is definitely the more low chaos one.

yeah, DC in general has way fewer villains that just fucking murder you, rob you, etc. and they're generally really wrapped up in fighting superheroes as a recurring rogues gallery. Aside from long term nemesis that have their own powerbase and b-listers with street-level goals Marvel heroes dont really keep 'rogues galleries', and conversely, the villains are focused on their plans, not their (possibly cosmic) relationship with the hero. Bullseye's joker-esque murder crush on Daredevil seems more the exception than the rule, and stuff set on earth tends to have ideological or criminal villains that dress up, as opposed to supervillains and cosmic orders. When Aliens do show up, its skrulls, not black lanterns.

It's weird that he'd kill those other guys, but let Daud live though. I know Daud's pretty sympathetic and genuinely feels shitty about what he did, but it just felt weird letting him get away, putting yourself in Corvo's perspective.

I played low chaos for the most part and I still gutted the guy.

I really like high chaos Emily in 1. I miss her.

I can never get myself to kill Daud after playing the DLCs, even if I go the high chaos route. He's my favorite character.

She's pretty damn edgy in DH2 if you go high chaos, it's pretty funny. I liked all those drawings she did for you in the first one.

>I liked all those drawings she did for you in the first one.
The picture of your mask with "Daddy" on it was great.

Can we all just sit back and marvel at the fact that there's an assassin character who rather than try to rule himself, was satisfied with just fucking the Empress and fathering another?
Seriously any other universe Corvo would have been a classic bad guy who was holding the Empress hostage with his dark evil powers and murdered the fuck out of anyone who looked at her too long.
Even when Dishonored was new I felt like it was amazing to see a male character take second fiddle to a woman instead of getting butthurt about it.

Consider what happens to Daud if Corvo let's him live. He is so shocked and demoralized that someone got that close to him, and could have killed him but didn't, that he calls it quits, disbands his gang, and fucks off to some middle of nowhere island to never be seen again. If Corvo had just killed him, he would have created a martyr, instead, he killed Daud's reputation.

>Can we all just sit back and marvel at the fact that there's an assassin character who rather than try to rule himself, was satisfied with just fucking the Empress and fathering another?
All the perks without any of the responsibility. Corvo is /myguy/.

But yeah I thought that was neat too. I think he just really loved Jessamine and never even had the thought of ruling himself.

The fact that he actually sticks to his job as a bodyguard and is actually dedicated to that is part of why I love the dude.

>Aside from long term nemesis that have their own powerbase and b-listers with street-level goals Marvel heroes dont really keep 'rogues galleries',
What it comes down to is that Rogues are shared a lot more, I think. For Example, if I listed the villains Lex Luthor, The Joker, and Cheetah, and asked you to list what heroes they were associated with, you could name Superman, Batman, and Wonder Eoman easily. But if I said Kingpin for instance, well sure you could name Daredevil. But he's gone up agaisnt Spider-Man plenty. The Red Skull is a Cap villain, and yet, that doesn't stop X-Men or even X-Men villains from having to contend with him.

Ultron and Magneto too, they're violent, superpowered ideologues, and mostly conflict with the people relevant to their ideology, but its the ideology that drives them, and they'll gladly throw down with anyone that needs a beating on the way. Dr. Doom is somewhat comparable with Luthor, but between them Doom seems to have more going on in his life than plotting against Reed Richards.

Imagine the Lego Batman movie with Cap and the Red Skull. There would be no arc, because despite the lack of personal connection, they know why they hate each other and what they mean to each other. Namely "Yohan you double-nazi, die and cease to trouble the world's freedom" and "Rogers you stupid American, Die in the name of my sadistic super-science Reich" respectively.

Marvel villains actually have end goals, the joker can't kill batman anymore than the other way around. Yeah death may not stick in either case, but at least one hero is actually committed to ending the maniac that's latched onto him for three quarters of a century.

high or low chaos?

high - literally everyone dies in creative ways
low - everyone wakes up the next day with a sore neck

is 2 good?

i downloaded the steampunks release but it isn't launching for me

Yeah I thought it was great. Better gameplay than tbe first and missions like the timetraveling one and the clockwork mansion are amazing.

it has technical problems
some people's computers can play it just fine, it runs like a slideshow for others.

You don't need the powers, they are just there to help casuals out. You can refuse the Outsider's gift

Both have those kind of really stupid characters.

I only played the first one but he;s a boring, flavorless character so basically just like Miles

>That name
>That design
>That overdone mask
Holy shit.

Now that you mention it, a lot of DC's villains just fuck around every once in a while for a very contrived reason.

Emily is handsome, like a boy. As we say in Afghanistan, women are for children, boys are for pleasure

Sounds pretty close to real life historical figures actually.

Other than the god part. Although its made pretty clear that the only interest that god has in him is his lack of killing using the god mode powers.

The isdue is if he's still "interesting" in a world with Batman and Clark Kent.
See what I did there?

What Emperor, Jessamine never married and she inherited from her own mother.

That Lovecraftian god was actually a young starving orphan boy in his universe version of Rome who was taken off the streets and given a year of comfort then sacrificed so they could gain powers, but the ritualists were killed and he gained ALLTHEMAGIC by being stuck outside time watching different timelines occur and empowering random people for lulz until time and space end after the entropic heat death of the universe and he finally dies.
Which fits right into Sandman well by the way.

He's stuck playing The Sims: Undertale for eternity.

His ability to freeze time alone would be insane in either universe.

Wouldn't he be that world's version of Delirium, then?

By the time you reach Daud, you realize you basically are him if you never had Jessamine.
Same background, same powers, same motivations. Other than you had a lover and daughter, while he had orphans.

That last part is important, the gas mask folks he's been teaching ARE his Emily.

By the time you reach him, you just want him to fuck off so you can deal with the guys holding Emily.

I dunno, he feels to me like a fan favorite NPC from D&D.
Its unique to vidya though, yeah.

The mask was created by nightmarish Eldritch dreams, to be fair. Its supposed to imply alien geometries.

The flash would wreck him

>stops time
>cuts off his legs
nah

Better yet
>hide
>throw bottle to lure Flash in certain direction
>summon flesh eating rats on his position

Same here, I always kill Daud.