Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Train wreck of a series

So, the series is over - Disney dumped all the episodes over the course of 2 weeks. From the bullshit premise, horrible execution of ideas, underutilization of characters, and cliche season 7 Spongebob-tier writing, this show was pretty much dead on arrival. Will anyone even remember it? Disney is hoping you won't.

I already forgot it exists.

I wonder what Robertryan Cory will work on next? I hope it's a an art book.

Then Disney succeeded

I thought it was alright

Statistically, someone had to, I suppose

Im pretty sure the only thing of note in this series was that Boxxy voiced the main chick

Somebody kept shilling a general and dumping pictures of the female characters to entice weak willed waifu fags into saying something good about it, but it was pretty clear from the get-go that this show was trash.
The same thing is happening right now with OK KO.

Haven't seen the show.
Doesn't look that interesting.
Kid looks like he fell out of a Far Side comic.

But I still think it's shitty of any network to burn off a show like that, and Disney's doing the same to the second season of Penn Zero.

What's wrong with the show?

They dumped the entire show in a week?

wow what the fuck

it wasn't bad or anything was there a reason why disney said fuck it and just showed all the episodes ?

Don't remind me, unlike this show, Penn could have been up there with Star and Wander in terms of popularity, but Disney had to go and treat it poorly.

Strap in.

> They totally squandered the premise. A trio of kids stuck underground in a fantasyland and they have until the end of summer to repair their ship and return home or else their rations run out. It has a decent set up, but they fail to capitalize on it; this could've been like "Pikmin: The Show" and had the kids traveling to various areas of this wacky land, collecting the supplies they needed to repair their ship and getting into adventures and trouble along the way.
The writers said "fuck that quality shit" and made an episodic "comedy" show with episodes that barely connect to the premise of them needing supplies - most the time, the characters make no attempts to even leave their subterranean world. What's the point in setting up that endgame if you aren't going to do anything with it.

> The characters are pretty bullshit. We get Billy, who's just another cheap Spongebob proxy; Marsha, the "girl character" with little personality beyond being a ditz; and Zeke, who's just the sardonic archetype (tho, arguably the best of the main 3, since he's given some decent delivery by Tom Kenny).
If you've seen any of Spongebob, you can fit these three into the "Sponge, Patrick, and Squidward" dynamic.

The side characters and rest of the cast are also pretty underwhelming - the writing for the show is so flat and cliche, you'd think this was a recently discovered show made back in 2008.

> Aesthetics are subjective, but if you already didn't like how Uncle Grandpa looks, this show ain't doin' it for ya, either.

> For the supposed board artist talent on this show, it leaves a lot to be desired. Angles flatter than Regular Show and action scenes so clunky, you wonder how these guys even passed the boarding test.

> If you're not a fan of the "creator voicing the main character" trope, then you can also pass on this. Aaron Springer as Billy can get to Flapjack levels of insufferable. Also, awkward timing and line deliveries and you got a dud

guess they're makin room for Duck Tales

>Payday Stealth Runs in a nutshell

shut up, fag.

arron springer is god

apparently at Annecy they mentioned that season 1 is actually 21 half hours long, not 13

god only exists to those who believe in him.

I'm sure his work on seasons 4-8 of Spongebob are considered Holy Scripture, tho

If this series is more than 13 episodes, they are truly fucked

I just found that Billy ruins the show. His voice is annoying and his design is very unappealing to look at. With a better lead the show would be quite good.

I also find Marsha to be very attractive or some reason. Too bad the show is pretty unknown it seems so I'll never find any bondage pics of her

I wonder why the replaced Billy's original VA with Springer
All of the other VAs are on point

I think the show would've been considerably better off if Billy's design and voice was less unappealing. His personality is fine, but the way he looks and sounds sort of gives the audience a bad first impression of the rest of the show.

Learn to greentext, newfag

If the show is such shit and Disney hated it so much, how did it even get made? That's the thing that makes me wonder. How do you get all the way to a finished cartoon before deciding you don't want it?

because goddammit, I was gonna see this trash fire burn all the way to the end

i did too

change in management between greenlight and when the episodes finished

the writing wasn't always up to par but it did have a fun energy (like the swimming in the mud scene in the first episode and the dance near the end of crab hands)

Disney really thought they could have another ugly fat MC
it barely worked for Clarence and Uncle Grandpa, and only did because it focuses more on the side characters.

I'm just bummed we'll have no art of Marsha, it's nice she was a female character who was silly and took part in the slapstick but not overly obnoxious either

it was certainly better than Pickle and Peanut and Future Worm and Disney gave those shows 2 seasons
maybe it was just an expensive show they decided to use for a tax write off scam, it is hand drawn then digital

I've noticed that a vast majority of episodes have Aaron Springer and Clay Morrow as boarders alongside the normal boarders (easier to list the episodes that don't do this: Crab Hands, Mushroom Prince, and technically The Date). I wonder if they weren't satisfied with the earlier drafts of the storyboards or something

I know right? She was such a good blend.

I think a lot of it has to do with "everything must be 11 minute comedies right now."; and the inexplicable decision to make Billy, the character you see the most of, unpleasant to watch or listen to.

The show could've been fine, but I feel like it fell victim to the time it came out; if this was rolling out a few years ago we might've had a more rounded experience.

>Marsha and Zeke haven't been in a lot of episodes while Billy is doing bullcrap because they're fucking

>it is hand drawn then digital
so are most other Disney Shows outsourced to Korea: Gravity Falls, Rough Draft Korea star vs eps (Sugarcube is also korean but is experimenting with digital animation that looks like hand drawn korean animation), Milo Murphy (I think? both studios are chinese but its got a similar look), and the upcoming Ducktales

heck a vast majority of CN's shows are also animated in korea (and thus are hand drawn), and I think the channel has a lower budget than disney

You don't think Koreans have computers?

yeah but it's standard for Korean Studios to hand draw and ink the animation and then scan it into a computer
When the SU crew mentioned that SU was hand drawn (and when Ian did the same for OK KO), they also made the point to mention that SU wasn't unusual in that manner

I think I posted something like that in a previous thread

>It's a Billy-only episode

it really begs the question
why even have marsha and zeke as characters when most episodes are billy interacting with other characters in the world

Also, Marsha seemed to not be in a lot of the episodes that focused on Zeke either. She only got like 3 focus episodes

I counted and of the 25 episodes (as in distinct stories), 12 of them are billy focused episodes

Seek only really got 3 focus eps himself (calzones, tommy x, and double bubble)

Wait shit forgot the troggies ep (though that's still only one more than Marsha)

Marsha has like, the best character design out of anyone on that show, yet the most undeveloped personality and least amount of screen time.

RIP Marsha fans, if there even are any.

What do you think they play starcraft on?

>animated pikmin-like show

Yeah, I would've loved that shit.

Finally, an user who actually explains why he doesn't like something.

Good cartoons do not exist anymore
We must kill all the current animators, and hand all of the control of western animation to Johnny K.
Anyone who says otherwise is a CalArts Reddit cuck, and must be raped to death by a pack of rhinos

but it's fun

Damn, now that is a mess. Can't believe Disney wasted money on this.

>The same thing is happening right now with OK KO.
shit taste confirmed