Any good horror related Sup Forums?

Doesn't matter if it's animated or in comic form.

Other urls found in this thread:

comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=20&weekday=tue
studygroupcomics.com/main/category/genres/horror/
studygroupcomics.com/main/flash-forward-by-sean-t-collins-and-jonny-negron/
studygroupcomics.com/main/vivisectionary-by-kate-lacour/
youtube.com/watch?v=DySMzS4baY8
splitlipcomic.com/2004/09/horror-comics-no-such-thing/
emcarroll.com
youtube.com/watch?v=miQrzviTPQg
youtube.com/watch?v=oYjny4qNy24
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTZP7rrAaeRDGAO9mhT8hnUlIVVnOxxrE
youtube.com/channel/UCtzdP2UGKn4kwl62rQNnfhw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Severed

I've been meaning to give it a read since I saw it recommended on some list. Well, I guess there's no time like the present!

I've never felt the horror has never really worked well in a "still-image" form.

Are any of the hellraiser comics any good? Hellraiser is one of my favourite horror franchises.

Just got done with pic-related. Anyone else feel like the ending, while decent and adequately wrapped up everything, was just a bit of a letdown?

There's a manga out there that as you scroll down it speeds up and gives a good scare

that one korean website where it causes your computer to make noises even if you have the speakers turned off?

I'd argue that it is a bit more than just still imagery that spooks.

The works of Emily Carroll.

The Prince and the Mermaid is my favorite.

Link?

This should be it.

comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=20&weekday=tue

Shit, I didn't realize it was over now. I read the first two trades worth, I'll get back to you when I'm caught up.

Al Columbia works almost exclusively in horror and the grotesque.

Back when issue #18 was solicited, Simone said that there was a Season 2 coming along in the future, but who knows if Vertigo will even exist by then.
The last arc really did feel rushed, but a lot of the series did. I was expecting Simone to just blow everything up and leave everything on a bleaker note

I remember getting the first few issues of that wave of Vertigo comics, but then I fell off because I literally just forgot they exist because DC barely advertised them. I don't manage to get to the comics store every week, so sometimes there are months between visits and I have to catch up, and it's harder to remember what I was even following.

Totally need to catch up on this, as well as Art Ops. I think the only one I followed all the way through was Twilight Children, but that was only four issues (great book, though).

Wait does it actually?

How the fuck does that even work.

More weird than horror, but Uno Moralez is interesting.

From Hell is pretty fucking scary, if a bit too encyclopedical at times (even though that makes it scarier)

the Epic ones? Hell yeah. I have 2 TPB of them

Flash Forward from studygroupcomics.com/main/category/genres/horror/

>there are people who still didn't know this comic

I highly disagree. Horror is simply the act of horror. People nowadays confuse gore and jump scares as the ideal horror experience. If something can cause you to overthink to the point of spooking yourself then that would be good horror.

What am I looking at?

There more than this but here's a small guide

My PC did the windows boot music when the speakers were unplugged once and I have no clue how, but I only know enough to change it's components.

>dude in last panel
>"the fuck just happened"

I'm reading the vertigo house of mystery right now and it's super mediocre. Does it ever really get it's legs?

Half of the comics here are crap
Marvel's Tomb of Dracula? Really

you mean this? studygroupcomics.com/main/flash-forward-by-sean-t-collins-and-jonny-negron/
The pic you posted is from the same group here: studygroupcomics.com/main/vivisectionary-by-kate-lacour/
more like gruesome illustrations than a story, but there are also stories there.

motherboards have built in tiny speakers to make the error noises when something isn't plugged in right. if you know what to do, you can tell those speakers to make other sounds too

he spilled water on his shirt?
Part 2 should be safe for blue board, but go to the site to see the rest

Al Columbia is pretty rad

This could also be viewed as a farce, depending on your outlook, but here's a thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=DySMzS4baY8

What the fuck?

Man, this reminds me of Paradise X when Alicia Masters molds Reed Richard's arm on Susan Storm and then they bring her back to life using Adam Warlock's Soul Gem.

did he fuck them both?

It depends on definition: splitlipcomic.com/2004/09/horror-comics-no-such-thing/ discusses this and I kinda agree still images lend more to existential horror (example: dread at one's own circumstances). I also agree it;s very rarely done well.
Meaning half are Ok? More than I expected but it dopes include Uzumaki.
I'd also suggest Blast.

Three Mignola series, Hack / Slash, The Goon and Witch Doctor? Seriously? They're all good but they're hardly Horror.

bump

>twins murder goldhearted monster and adopt his son only to molest him

Is that camera a magical item that makes people more and more aroused when you use its flash on their faces?
/tg/!!!!

There's this.

Pretty much all the Hellraiser stuff and anything else adapted from Clive Barker's work is a winner in my book.

Also pretty much EVERY slasher movie series has gotten play in the comics world.
Plenty of then surprisingly good.

Maybe it is something it simply being art that makes over-the-top moments easier to enjoy (some kinda suspension of disbelief thing idk).

But seriously every horror franchise.
Army of Darkness, Nightmare on Elms Street, Child's Play, Hatchet, PumpkinHead, WaxWorks, PuppetMaster, GingerDeadMan, etc.

I've had some bad luck with horror comics, most I've checked out relied too much on gore. I hate that. I'm more of a Lovecraft guy or ''Creepy figure in a dark corner'' type of horror.

It is a more visual medium that can't rely on audio so compensate to Show not Tell or something, but I can understand someone not caring for it.

EM Carroll comics are likely what you're looking for.

There's that one I've seen posted on /x/ where some kids are playing outside in the snow when they see some weird thing that ends up killing the boy and possessing the girl, then the girl kills her parents. Anybody else remember that?

Forgot link
emcarroll.com

If ya don't see me shill for Witch Doctor on Sup Forums it means I'm dead.

Most of the old EC stuff is surprisingly good
and the first four seasons of the HBO series are great too

>Marvel Zombies
>Tomb of Dracula
>Swamp Thing
>Man Thing

Those are superhero comics with a thin veneer of horror trappings.

Not in my opinion. I thought it was fucking awful, because the authors didn't seem to want to write good short stories, and frequently shit out little terrible ones to justify it being an anthology.

>I've never felt the horror has never really worked well
>Double negative
>I've felt the horror has really worked well

animation and comics just can't pull off horror
horror derives from dangers set in the real world. with live action you have the suspension of disbelief so your brain can be tricked into thinking these fake dangers are real. with comics and animation though there is no suspension of disbelief, you know its a drawing and anything can happen in a cartoon/comic.
thats why comics and cartoons have to rely on unsettling imagery and eeriness, like salad fingers. but salad finger still lacks key horror elements because its in a cartoony style so you know the characters are not real.
compare salad fingers to david firth's other horror works like this
youtube.com/watch?v=miQrzviTPQg
or
youtube.com/watch?v=oYjny4qNy24
they are creepier than salad fingers because they use objects/photos from life to create the uncanny valley.

The ones that have actually managed to make me feel queasy are Beautiful Darkness by Kerascoet and Beasts of Burden.

Locke and Key, Sandman, Bedlam, Seven to Eternity, Heavy Metal Magazine. Nail biter want quite my thing, but people seem to dig it.

These are great. Thanks user!

Oh.

The eyes moved.

They had a revival comic and a new Tales From The Crypt coming out apparently.

I grabbed issue 1 of new comic and never heard more to come so got me worried.

Through the Woods was pretty much the only thing I've ordered midway through a storytime thread.

> "Fuck it, this is great.Bought."

No regrets, it's a really nice little hardback - perfect for cold autumn nights by the fire.

It doesn't bother me, to be honest. One of the key elements of horror atmosphere for me is either silence which still pages do provide or good music
>tfw most horror music is just soulless discount Penderecki

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTZP7rrAaeRDGAO9mhT8hnUlIVVnOxxrE

This might help

I had the exact same feeling, though it took me a while to adequately describe why. I think it's because the monsters were blatantly malevolent rather than being powerful and indifferent to human beings.

Is this website going to scream at me or something? Ever since that one Korean comic, I've been a little anxious about it.

American vampire is pretty good.

Then why are a lot of cartoony things unintentionally creepy? Like clowns, bad cgi, and cheap fursuits.

You're fine. It's just a comic.

Oh, fuck off with this shitty meme.
>Firth
>ever scary
lol
Garbage you posted is genuinely hilarious.

Have you ever read Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark? Those books proved horror can be in still images.

I've been enjoying Harrow County. To be honest I don't know if it's particularly scary, but it's the comic I look forward to the most when I visit my LCS.

You know truth be told. I don't care if it doesn't scare me. Alien doesn't really scare me, but it has great atmosphere, a cool monster, and just an interesting idea.

There's a vampire comic about a cancer patient and his female junkie friend that's pretty great and bleak

This.
Firth is overrated shit

Dylan Dog, an italian classic, but only a handful of stories were published in english.

Anyone know what it's called?

Marvel Zombies had much more body horror than I expected back in the day.

Sounds like that one issue of Preacher where we finally get told some of vampire-dude's backstory.

I find suspension of disbelief harder in live action. Mostly cause most special effects will end up lacking no matter the budget/dedication, as well as knowing that this is impossible in our world.

In comics or cartoons it is all possible, and therefore it is all believable.

But this is more talk about getting into the story, not getting scared.

Thierry Lamy's Promise deals with supernatural/religious horror.

HMMM

I know that feeling, m8.
Horror movies do nothing for me unless they are surreal, and even then lots of hacks screw up and turn what is supposed to be surreal horror into surreal comedy like Where The Dead Go To Die, Fucking faggots, you told me it was good.

NAMELESS

...I don't get it.

Excluding TV series Cryptkeeper,
who is your favorite horror host?

I personally like Uncle Creepy from the recent comics (haven't read older stuff of that title so can't remark if exactly the same).

Also Vincent Price, but that's cheating too.

Is there an English version?

It may not be horror in the traditional sense but it is definitely surreal and unsettling. Sometimes I find the best horror is when you venture outside of the genre itself.

Sorry. Forgot image.

Comedy and horror are fraternal twins, really.

OG Sandman is horror through and through

Fucking 24 Hours is still the best horror comic of all time imo.

Technically not OG sandman but still Aww Yeah good stuff.

Ah shit I totally forgot there was a previous one

Its the Animal Man effect I guess, a writer reinvents a character and makes it so much more than before.

Kinda like Green Lantern but I do love me some Alan Scott

I like the Pasta Shade

What he from? He sounds delicious.

Midnight Marinara. They do radio play adaptations of creepypastas that are usually pretty decent.
youtube.com/channel/UCtzdP2UGKn4kwl62rQNnfhw

24 Hours is one of the few comics that really, truly fucks with me on some level. it is fucking rough.

Tell me about it

Only comic that's made me stop reading or a good few minutes after it ends

>studygroupcomics.com/main/category/genres/horror/
Just read it. Was I supposed to get scared?
Because I didn't

how about some of junji ito's work? they gave me quite a spook when i first read them

Any particular reason House Of Mystery and Weird Mystery were singled out of all DC's horror titles? No House Of Secrets, Secrets Of Haunted House, The Witching Hour, Ghosts, or The Unexpected. They were all a crapshoot from story to story but are these objectively better for some reason?
Also they've got Creepy but not Eerie and only the Dark Horse version, not the classic Warren.