Does anyone under 20 know what this is?

Does anyone under 20 know what this is?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hPsdjlPVaJU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My younger sister does, but that's only because she watched a bit of it when she was growing up with me

19 and yes

bump

Does anyone over 20 know what it is?

19, Yes

Yes. Great show.

20 year old here, my dad didn't let me watch it because he thought Carver being a cross-dresser was teaching young black men to be "sissies and fags", and how Tino was apparently pagan. Missed a good deal of Sup Forums 2000s classics until 2004-2005.

Yeah.
It's a cartoon

I'm 18 and I vaguely remember watching it.

Dress up like a girl and butt fuck your dad, it sounds like that is what he wants but is too scared to admit

yes grandpa, now go away i wanna see the pretty ponies

I'm well over 20 and I only found out about it because of that recent tomboy thread.

21 and I literally remember the random shit on KaBlam! better than I remember this show. I think it has to do with the sheer number of cartoons that were just groups of friends doing kid shit that existed back then though.

Speaking of Weekenders, when exactly does one have to be born to be an "early 2000s kid"?

1991-1996 basically.

Even then 96 is kind of pushing it since you probably don't remember too much until 2002 or so. I was born in 95 and one of my earliest memories that I can pin a date to is new years 2000 because even at age 5 I knew it was a big deal.

I'd say 97 is the cutoff because they start rememebring things around 2003 and 2003 was, arguably, the last year of the early 2000s, at least in terms of cartoons (last year before CN changed their logo in 2004, last year before Nick put many of their 90s shows on the chopping block also in 2004)

gave me a fetish for girls with butt-heads

Too young though, by the time they start having memories and actual experiences the leftover 90s feel of the early 2000s had already passed and become something entirely different because of how much 9/11 changed everything in America.

You've got a point there, Lor.

The feel of the early 2000s lasted until the recession hit.

It was literally over by 2002-2003.

I distinctly remember that rapidly changing period of time as everyone tried to figure out what the fuck to do now that we're in the future and the 90s faded very quickly. As soon as Windows XP rolled out it wouldn't be the same again.

I'd say the early 2000s feel ended when the Iraq war hit in 2003. From then on, we were in the mid 2000s; the mid 2000s feel ended around 2007-08 with the Recession, iPhones, and social media started to gain wider popularity. Then it was the late 2000s, and that feel lasted up till around Osama died.

This show isn't even 20 years old.

19 and yes I saw this when I was 3
Lor Mcquarrie was my first crush

What are you talking about, there's a reason Luna and Bliss basically ARE the aesthetic of the early 2000s to many people.

Mid-2000s wasn't very different from early-2000s though. The Internet was somewhat more prominent, but we didn't really have social media or video streaming yet.

>not Tish
Three year old you had shit taste.

Hey, it's better if black kids grow up to be traps than drug dealers or gang members.

fuck off, tish's forehead is so big and stupid

But by the mid 2000s, very few people had frosted tips or listened to ska anymore.

I turned 19 last week and I used to love that show.
The Tomboy was my favorite.

It's difficult to determine when things exactly changed. I was born in 1986, and I still can't come to terms with people who were born in say 1995 or later because all of that seems like yesterday to me.

Things IRL changed rapidly after 2007. 9/11 was from my perspective a purely american thing, but at that time Croatia wasn't a part of the EU and all that shit was wholly abstract and unrelated to us. Now I see all the worst aspects of modernity assfucking my country just as much as other places.

Basic point is the 90s were the last time everything felt alive, vibrant, natural and normal. And mind you we had a war from 1991 - 1995, so the economy and so on has nothing to do with those things. There is a fundamental difference in reality of the 90s and "reality" of 2000+ years.

They weren't even the show's best girls.

But I'm not gay user. Also, gross.

So what you're saying is that it's better to be a trap than to be IN the trap? That sounds a song.

So Croatia joined the EU and things got noticeably worse for you? What are they doing? Is it really like joining another country?

Weekenders, duh! Never even watched it, so ha!

Oh wait, I turned 20 last month.

>ska
Ska started to fade by 2001, except for cartoons and Disney. The early-mid 2000s were dominated by pop punk and emo pop when it came to "alternative" music.
what's your favorite pop punk song Sup Forums? Mine is either Misery Business or Too Deep

*sounds like a song

youtube.com/watch?v=hPsdjlPVaJU

My experiences align with this, but I guess it depends on your age and circumstances

Er, Croatia joined the EU... fuck, 10 years ago or so? But yes - it's terrible. Life now is worse than it was in 1995 following a total war. It's THAT bad. All our manufacturing/industry has been destroyed by the EU, and the same is true for agriculture. We're now essentially a satrapy and a export market for third grade merch from Germany. Food, gadgets, whatever - it's all imported and of inferior quality. Meanwhile there are basically no jobs, wages collapsed, and our domestic products are either too expensive for us or simply no longer made. For instance I live in Dalmatia (the coast). I can't eat fish and olive oil. It's far too expensive for me and for most people. It all goes to foreign markets.

We're basically sinking. I have a job, I work 6 days a week (48 hours per week) and I starve for about ten days every month because my wage is terrible, but standard. I work at a factory. I can't afford anything outside bare necessities, and I ruin myself daily on the job. I'm talking victorian era style work style. Everything, absolutely everything has turned to shit.

POST MORE BEST GIRL

bump

My nigga.

Also Lor was best girl. Also mid 20's.

Quit being such a faggot and butt fuck your daddy

A cartoon show

Those are the end of the week kids right?