Thorstagg

Make Thor Great Again edition.

Do you like him Sup Forums? Volstagg has always been my 2nd fav Asgardian. What would you like to see from him?

So..he has the power of 1610-Thor? That dude was buttraped by 1610 Collosus.

Speaking of Thors. What about Ragnarok? He became a full Thor with his new Hammer, not only a cyborg-copy.

Swept under the rug with the rest of the dark avengers. Maybe he'll come back some day since he's worthy now

Warthor should be on the level of 616 Thor/Odinson, right? Wouldnt make sense, to make a weaker thor.

I like that team of dark avengers.

Volstagg was one of the greatest Asgardian warriors, he trained Thor. At his peak I think he was stronger than Thor, that was a long time ago of course. But even without the hammer he would take out anyone but Thor and BRB. With the ultimate he should be more powerful than Whor.

Yeah but he's a bit berserk right now

I dig it. He's probably gonna fight Cul and die.

At least they revealed it in the first issue... not like Jane Thor, and I like his motivations.

Killing children made Volstagg back into a badass

This seems kinda stupid. Why are there so many Thors running around right now anyway? Is Aaron out of ideas?

Who knows. Maybe all 10 realms have a long lost enchanted hammer for the times where Odin kicks Thor out and he needs to rediscover himself as a mortal only he forgot where they were.

A clear consequence of Secret Wars. Doom used and army of Thors as his personal enforcers; now many of them can have a redemption after they discovered that Doom used them.

Its setting up thor to become like the green laterns protecting the nine realms.

Original Ultimate Mjolnir was made of science and vastly inferior to Battleworld's Ultimate Mjolnir that was made of Molecule Man particles.

>At his peak
That is highly doubtful. Thor is an Asgardian Elder God Hybrid that was created to be stronger than the average Asgardian and potential to become as powerful as an Elder God. Your average Asgardian with exception to Skyfathers and Hel are all significantly weaker than current Thor.

That's a very interesting and potential idea.

>Thor is an Asgardian Elder God Hybrid that was created to be stronger than the average Asgardian
When did this come about?

since forever!?

Mjolnir designation 616 and 1610 are both in Earth-Prime.

Stormbreaker-616 is also in Earth-Prime.

Presumably Mjolnir designation 13584, carried by Ragnarok, is still around somewhere.

The real Thor is around, albeit without any hammer.

Any other Thors unaccounted for?

Actually, it's a very dumb, DBZ-esque idea. Just because something is bad ass, does not mean it is interesting.

Odin didn't lay with Gaia to give him the power of an elder God or whatever bullshit, he just lay with her so their son would be bound to the Earth.

>Original Ultimate Mjolnir was made of science

Someone stopped reading the ultimates midway through 2.

have you seen his depictions of the flashbacks? Stuff like Dog Day Afternoon, the guy is fucking HUGE! He is the Lion of Asgard

>Any other Thors unaccounted for?
Thunderstrike Junior, maybe.

Still have the potential for it given the nature of his birth and who his parents are. On the bright side, he isn't like Atum who was born with the power surpassing an Elder God and couldn't control it. Ultimately leading to uncontrollable hunger and desire to eat gods whenever he is in the presences of one.

Does he call himself Thor as well?

>Behold the War Thor!

Wasn't he from MC2?

Someone didn't read Ultimate Thor and Ultimates 3

Is Volstagg seriously Thor now? And the resolution of the Jane arc is going to be Jane x a berserk War Thor?

I don't actually mind FemThor at all but fuck has Aaron done a number on basically every part of the established Thor background and supporting cast that I liked. I hope whoever comes along next throws Aaron's run right the fuck out.

There are 2 versions of Ultimate Mjolnir. The hammer-axe hybrid Mjolnir which is the science one created by the British Super Soldier program. The 616 hammer looking one which is the magic one.

How could you possibly be upset with Thorstagg but not with Jane Thor?

I would honestly be happy if they brought full time Throg into the main universe.

And introducing John Hurt as the War Thor

Oh, yeah. That is in the main universe, I thought?

Thor was just transformed into Throg. He was a separate character in Secret Wars. I mean that I would be happy if he somehow survived battleworld and showed up.

I know it's silly and gimmicky, but frog Thor is just so awesome.

too bad we can't have Old Man Thor with John Hurt.

>post-Ragnarok, Thor somehow survived
>roams the wastes of shattered Asgard on a magical chopper
>fights the giants and tries to keep them from decimating Midgard too
>ends with Thor climbing down Yggdrasil to fight Niddhog

Well he definitely looks like Thor, that's for sure.

Wasn't he a different character in Pet Avengers at least?

Honestly hope they have Thor create his own Mjolnir out of worthiness instead of using 616 Mjolnir.

Pet Avengers was on another Earth, though.

They are all crap. Loki had altered the reality and what comes next is just a mess where writers do not even agree with each other.
In any case, the final hammer is recreated by Doom so it is still a magic artifact.

Boooo

Still using that one sounds better than using "alternate Earth Thor turned frog who stayed like that". Kinda glad Marvel Adventures are alternate realities, free from the shitshow we get on regular Marvel.

second

TRUMP !!???

Wow, you not only read the first sentence he posted, you figured out what movement he was parodying when he posted it! Good job, user! You can put a sticker on the board under your name!

>Any other Thors unaccounted for?

Wasn't Dazzler Thor in 616 with A-Force after Secret Wars?

>Lady Sif still shafted from getting the hammer
>Jane picks the agent of an organization that stockpiles WMDs for rainy days and is constantly compromised

I am reminded of the fall of Balder.

Yeah, but she died at the end of the arc.

What happened to her hammer?

>The real Thor is around, albeit without any hammer.
I will let you in on a secret, Thor is the hammer. He just hasn't realize it yet.

Was mentioned way back in Journey into Mystery

It is still the explanation for Thor being about twice as strong as the average Asgardian

In 616 the mace is sitting in a trophy case in Avengers Mansion, been there since 1994.

Any Thor including Jane could just as well use that instead

Thorstagg's transformation into a Thor isn't really presented in a positive light, seems like he's incredibly traumatized and will probably get himself killed in some blood crazed crusade.

>In 616 the mace is sitting in a trophy case in Avengers Mansion, been there since 1994.
No, his son Kevin has been the owner of the hammer since after Siege.

When did Volstagg kill children?

Aaron expanded the Ghost Rider legacy as well. It's actually a pretty common trope, like the Captain Britain Corps

He didn't? He had some elf kids incinerated in his own hands in today's issue.

Did volstagg get fit or is he only fit when he wields the hammer?

He was fat right up until he picked up the hammer.

So from 1-10 how Nuclear is Punished Volstagg?

He lost some noticeable weight.

He'll lose some more since eating will be the last thing on his mind.

Thats...really dumb...

Hey if Jane can suddenly look cancerless Volstagg can suddenly lose all his fat and go pure muscle mode.

He looks thinner to me here.

STANDING

Volstagg dramatically loses weight if he doesn't eat for even a day. Think they showed that during Ragnarok and at another point.

We're going Thor Corps, now, huh?

Thorstagg's going to die isn't he? I can see it already.

I think that's the arc. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't a day, it was a lot longer.

Does anyone have him all beefy in Dog Day Afternoon? I can't find it in google but holy shit was he muscled up

SYNNERGY maybe?

I highly doubt Volstagg is going to get the hammer in Thor 3, user.

Is Jason Aaron a huge Doctor Who fan? I think that speech about a different kind of Thor is almost exactly what they said about the John Hurt
War Doctor a few years ago.

Who knows... I mean more fo the thinner part, but still.

We have no idea. Would be kinda interesting if someone remembers it down the line and has Dazzler use it