Would she have been better?

If Ewing was writting Iron Man, and had Tony take Toni as his protege, would it have been better than Riri?

Cute Asian Waifu with purple hair, daughter of the man who saved Stark's life. In her 20s.

vs

Random girl who "happens" to look exactly like Bendis' daughter. 14 and already better than everybody.

The answer is yes. Toni would've been much better.

>wasting Ewing on Iron Man
N-no thanks. We got that one mini out of him and that was enough.

I don't like Riri, but I hate the fetishization of female asians in comic books, so no.

Can you fucking kill yourself please?

>asian girl with dyed hair

when will this meme end?

>Implying he's not being wasted writting POD & Squirel Girl
Boi...
Wha- She's literal cute. She has purple hair and a jumpy personality. Whereas ReeRee is an annoying twat, Toni is actually a swell person. Stop seeing threats where there are none.
Or that. Just kysfaggot.

She looks good with it! Shut up!

No, it's not my fault asian girls are super fucking ugly.
Even uglier then black people.

Comics have been doing this forever because beta white guys need passive girls, even if they are as ugly as sin.
Especially when they have dumb as fuck hair.

You do know this is a comic book character? Who gives a fuck about the real world? Jesus fuck, you faggots derail threads for the pettiest of reasons.

Doom, Rhodes, and Potts should be the only ones allowed to be Ironman, other than Tony Stark.

Probably never. Asians are really homogenous as a race and teenage "I want to be unique" is not getting bred out our species anytime soon.

Dude. she is better RIGHT NOW.

>Comics have been doing this forever because beta white guys need passive girls, even if they are as ugly as sin.

Fucking kek this is so true. The only non-Asian guys I see with Asian chicks are always numale white dudes who dont have the spine to deal with a regular woman.

Even then Asian women are notorious gold diggers so the dudes get their financials fucked.

Yeah, but we're stuck with Ree "15 and already better than Stark" Ree. I really hope Bendis just keeps writting hisshitty OC and Ewing takes over as the Iron Man writer.

Imagine if he brings Toni with him and she proves more popular to the point where ReeRee is written out. Top KEK.

>stuck with
Just don't read her book? Spectacular Spider-man and Secret Empire are the only books I've read where she's appeared and so far that's amounted to a one page cameo and a small handful of panels.

Eh, that's not the point. Bendis is doing the protege story with his shitty OC whereas a Tony/Toni tutorship with an actually alive Tony would've been better. And now they can't even try it cause of ReeRee.

MIND IF I HIJACK THIS THREAD

INVINCIBLE IRONMAN STORYTIME #008

>when people actually support your dreams but that's not enough so you have to force opposition out of people to validate the oppression from white people

>>Implying he's not being wasted writting POD & Squirel Girl
So much truth.

12 year old edgy beta faggot playing tough guy detected.

I have no words.
How do people approve this?
What the fuck?

Why does Fury look like a baby?

it's bendis.

Wait, is that the Armored Adventures suit?

Why the fuck is she asking what the armor she made can do? Did she make this armor? Did VR Tony just give or upgrade her shit suit?

I want Lila so bad, just replace her with Lila. I don't even need an explanation. Just switch them out next issue.

>>Lady Doc Ock

Oh...I guess here's the jobber for this issue.

This is LITERALLY just mile's spider zap power. Jesus Mary and Joseph Bendis are you really this creatively bankrupt

How about Tony Stark?
I mean right now he's an suit wearing AI he's piloting while in a coma.

UGH
UGH
UGGGGGGGH

So what's the main reason this Mary Sue-but-she's-black is the replacement for my main nigga Tony?
I know it's that cuck Bendis but why?

and that's pretty much it. don't you guys LOVE riri yet?

if this Mary Sue somehow beats Doom I will fly to Marvel HQ and beat the ever loving shit out of Bendis

It's funny, I actually hate her a little bit more than I did before.

>literally just said "you're one of the good ones"
>to a black character
is she supposed to sound like a stupid horrible cunt? because bravo

This lower an already really low bar.

Bendis has a black step-daughter so he wrote her into the comic. Also, Miles 2.0: Girl Ed
I'll pay your ticket user.
Same.
YAAAASSS QUEEEEEN SLAAAAY

that jab about mainstream media being "fake news" is kind of ironic coming from bendis. Because the MSM IS fake news but he probably thinks only "le evil bad guys" would think that.

She was given the armor.

the symbol in the middle is the kinda same but besides that they aren't much alike besides both being iron armors

I guess it was the symbol combined with slim & trim form that must've caught my attention.

Holy shit, this is bad

No, your mission the point entirely you stupid faggot.

>iron """"MAN""""

you stupid motherfucker

So instead of facing real adversity she must manufacture her own. Is Bendis giving us a subtle incite to her real personality? Does she crave adversity? Was she the one who arranged the shootout that killed her stepfather and best friend all so she could feel any emotion at all?

missing* the point entirely

You misunderstand. Asian women aren't fetishised, they're objectively more attractive than other women.

You should post this in the Invincible thread.

Bendis you fucking hack, that's not how you write a compelling black female who wants to make something of her self.

Cannot believe I've tried defending this shit.

It's funny because this is suppose to be a big inspiration for black young women everywhere but riri was only successful because she's literally a genius, not because she worked hard.

I've already preestablished that Marvel, with Power Man as the SOLE EXCEPTION to this rule, can't make a black character that isn't just forced diversity.

Jesus fuck user, are you genuinely retarded? f course I only want to read about Tony. I'm just saying that if they wanted him to have a protege, Toni would've been better than Ree-Ree AKA Bendis' Wife's Child.

asians are generally fuck ugly

Well Ewing would have been writing it so yes.
And even if Ewing still decided to write about Riri instead of Toni it still would have been better.

lol why are you not oppressing me? can't you see I am a girl AND black? what is this confidence you are trying to give me?

To answer your question though, it'd probably be a different series. Right now, Ewing is writing Toni as someone who DOESN'T want to be like Tony Stark.

Which is the whole point Marvel wants of this new volume of Invincible Iron Man, as makes it clear.

>Cute Asian Waifu
There's your problem. You only care about waifus and not actual, genuine good characters. Not trying to say that Riri is a better character than Toni (I've not read enough with either character to have an opinion), but if all you care about is this waifu bullshit then you've already failed.

>Asian Men are the only one with actual taste

Good to see she is working on her Warhammer 40k Tau Battlesuit jetpack.

Not even 5 pages in and I already want to kill myself, congratulations bendis.

They grew up with Asian women around.
I'm sure they have their reasons why they chose different.

maybe
Sup Forums would still bitch about it since shes a lesbian

>Cute Asian Waifu with purple hair
>Random girl who "happens" to look exactly like Bendis' daughter
Well that's not a bias description at all

They're really having a field day with the Anissa and Kregg things.

Nigga, it's Miles "Venom Blast" Morales all over again. Can't wait for Bendis to get a dog so he could replace Lockjaw with another of his shitty OC.

Ewing isn't anywhere near as good a writer as Sup Forums seems to think.

When asians in real life stop doing it.

I think any pre-established character would've been better than Bendis shoving another OC who happens to resemble his adopted kids in our faces.

>the book is still called Iron Man

>no one even calls her Ironheart, nor does she introduce herself as Ironheart to people

They killed off the real Nick Fury and now this is Nick Fury jr. here for the sake of movie synergy.

Jesus christ what's with Marvel stealing Tau shit all the time? First it was Venom: Space Knight and now this.

As with all races, there's a huge variety. I think asians might be cheating a tad because the koreans seem to be really into plastic surgery.
I'd guess if you found one ugly mother fucker of one race someone could find you someone roughly equivalent of another.
But back to the topic at hand, you'd think there would be asian equivalents of iron man with the crazy robotics Japan tends to get into. Korea has their own craziness with companies like Samsung I suppose. China at the moment I think is mostly just playing catchup but some suspect they're close to bridging the gap, admittedly mostly through stealing ideas.

yes, it would have been WAY better.

>I don't like blacks and want my "pure" asian waifu instead.

Just say it you fucking faggot.

Not everyone is as racist as you, user.

looks like Wendy in the background

>because that is totally not the real reason why this thread exist.

A 616 is what Bendis used in the Ultimate Universe, c'mon man. Do something new

The fucking shit? She's actually MAD that the teacher is relatively supportive of her ambitions? And the reason she took Iron Man/Tony Stark as inspiration was because said teacher randomly gave her a goal to shoot for? I know her name is Riri, but that's fucking retarded.

where are her boobs?
I'm pretty sure most pubescent girls have those

Wait, Doc Oco is a woman now too?

She really lives up to her name.

People that should have replaced Iron Man that would have been better than Riri fucking Williams.

> Lila Rhodes
Lila is beat for beat almost Riri. Prodigy inventor etc. she would've been at least acquainted with the Iron family

> James Rhodes
There's precedent for him already being Iron Man. He already had a well established fan base. Killing him in Civil War was pointless and stupid. "Muh MCU synergy!"

> Toni Ho
Toni is my personal pick for who Iron Man should've been. She is way better written than Riri and has more convincing fleshed out arcs.

> Pepper Pots
Name one woman who has a longer and more established relationship with Tony. I'll wait. She's worn armor before and still does.

> Tony Stark A.I.
Would've probably been the worst pick but it could work in a solo. It would have potential for some good stories.

> Zeke Stane, Simon Steele, Joey Cosmatos
This would have fit with the whole Iron Man is a reformed villain we've seen in Infamous Iron-Man and would work better than using Doom imho. It would also be an opportunity for someone to revamp the suit in a bulky more interesting way.

> Arno Stark
We haven't heard anything about Arno since the start of ANAD. It would've been a good time to reintroduce a character that's been in the making for fucking years.

With all these choices we got fucking Riri. You know why? Because Bendis wanted a self insert and a creator owned charecter he'd make that IP money off of. At first I thought he just wanted to catch lightening in bottle twice after Miles took off, but no this guy is a fucking loser. This Bendis run of Iron-Man is so infuriating.

Boobs are against the law

Fury Sr. is still alive. He's just stuck on the moon.

Yeah, if he was going to re-use that then he should have called it a 1610.