Hypocrites of Sup Forums, Come On Down

screenrant.com/venom-movie-carnage-villain/

Just like Batman V Superman and how Sup Forums defended Batman killing (before previously attacking the Burton films for Batman killing people), Sup Forums will now pretend they always liked Carnage despite always calling him a 1 dimensional psychopath Red Venom

Well lets hear it - lets hear why you suddenly like "Red Venom"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hbnihYENjC8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because he's gotten some good stories over the past few years?

This. I don't know what OP is talking about. Maybe he's confusing Carnage for Venom

I like Carnage as a counter to Venom, but he's a pretty shit tier villain for those gamer guys who think "Psychopaths = better villains"

I like Carnage because his motivations are 1 dimensional but Cassidy himself is fun and funny.

Completely one-dimensional psychopath villains can be great if they're executed in an entertaining fashion.

I don't. Carnage is a sad relic of the extreme 90s and is best forgotten.

To be honest, I want to see how they can build a franchise around Venom. Will he fight Carnage in the first film, the Scream in the second?

Carnage has his appeal. He's not a fantastic villain by any means, but there's nothing about him that really bothers me. This isn't me defending Sony, the movie's very likely going to be horrid but I doubt Carnage will be the reason why. Well, unless they go the Raimi Venom route with him.

?

Sup Forums loves Carnage ever since at least Carnage Man.

I recall the majority of people here criticised Batman for killing in BvS, There's just a very vocal minority of people here who defend the DC films feverishly. Pretty much every super hero film gets fucking torn apart by most posters on Sup Forums. Also I like Carnage but he'll probably be fucking awful in the films.

Maybe the second movie would be about having to deal with a bunch of symbiotes? I agree though, making a whole franchise out of Venom without Spider-Man ever factoring into it at all seems weird.

First movie is about Brock and Carnage, second movie is about Flash and Mania, third movie is a team-up where Brock becomes Anti-Venom and they fight off all the second-tier symbiotes.

I've always liked him but that's because I remember once thinking maximum carnage being a good story. Though one of the first single issues I ever bought with my own money was one where carnage molded with the silver surfer, I liked the concept but that should've been far more terrifying than it turned out.

the right half of the right panel would be a good reaction image

How do you set up Venom and Carnage in a single movie?

I really believe this is just Sony blowing smoke up everyone's asses pretending they've got all these Spidey films in the pipeline to inflate their buyout price because they keep losing money.

I don't really get what the issue w/ MGTOW is or why you'd characterize them as losers

I'm a successful attorney making $400 per day, am top 5% physical fitness (placed top 3 in marathons, bench 70 lbs over bodyweight, ripped abs and lean muscle), charming & charismatic, have slept w/ dozens of women, in a loving long-term relationship right now... and I respect the hell out of MGTOW, they're realistic about their circumstances and have taken a rational approach to coping with them

You guys seem envious that they have the fortitude to just walk away from it all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>>Second film completely changes main characters and adds a really minor sidekick

...really?

it was a sexy look though

user, I think you might have the wrong thread. Or maybe the wrong board.

I've always hated Venom and I grew up in the 90s. I played the shit out of Maximum Carnage when it was new unlike most of the underages here.

Carnage is a worthless character that is directly spun out of Marvel making the mistake of turning Venom into an anti-hero in a sad attempt to cash in on his popularity.

Carnage was good in the recent cthulhu-style series. Other than that, he's shit. Minimum carnage was easily the worst shit I had read at the time.

at least he's trying, that's a start

>I really believe this is just Sony blowing smoke up everyone's asses pretending they've got all these Spidey films in the pipeline to inflate their buyout price because they keep losing money.

It makes me question how the Spider-Man franchise will even work from now on. In the future films, you don't have Venom, Black Cat, Carnage, Mysterio, or Kraven, and on top of that, the villains those characters will fight in their films. What's left?

>user, I think you might have the wrong thread. Or maybe the wrong board.

Nah, the question stands champ

I meant to say Carnage, not Venom.

Venom is okay, but he does have Mr. Freeze levels of "we can only really do one story with him". Carnage is terrible.

See, that picture is why I like the Venom/Carnage dynamic. Venom is a huge brute who physical strength his way through fights, where Carnage is slimmer and stabs his way through things.

It's been years since I read Carnage's origin and shit. Was it even a good story?

I agree with your general premise, but I don't understand what your post has to do with Sup Forums or symbiotes or even Sony movies.

Hydro Man? Scorpion?

something something symbiote
something something venom
something something kill everyone

Not excited despite being a HUGE symbiote fan. If anything this'll be the movie equivalent of Costa's run, and no one of taste wants that.

>pretend
No, I've always liked him. I'm not a fan of him in the movie though going by the leaks..

Part of Carnage's draw is that despite how serious you're suppsoed to take him, he's goofy as fuck, and funny as a result.

I like how they're both perversions on Spider-Man's design. Venom is this big hulking monstrosity, sort of like what Spider-Man might be if he looked as strong as he actually is. Carnage is basically taking the Spider-Man suit and Peter's natural lanky, athletic frame and exaggerating it into a more spindly, unnerving form.

Well, that's typically how I prefer them to be drawn anyway. It varies a bit from artist to artist.

I've loved him since Maximum Carnage, you all can suck my dick

it's like calling your movie captain America civil war but it's really just an avengers mov... oh wait.

Plot details for the movie.

Eddie Brock is still a disgraced journalist, but rather than the Sin Eater he was duped by Cleetus Kassady, and Kassady was brought down by Detective Jean DeWolff rather then Spider-Man himself. Kassady was also a killer-for-hire for mob boss Silvio Manfredi.

Brock finds out Kassady has been moved to the privately-funded Ravencroft Institute and breaks in to investigate why, as he's obsessed with getting revenge on Kassady for ruining his life. As it turns out, Kassady is being used in experiments conducted by Dr. Miles Warren to weaponize an alien symbiote that has been recovered from a crash site by their benefactor (OsCorp). Shit goes wrong, and Brock bonds with the original symbiote while Warren's "clone" bonds with Kassady.

Kassady becomes Carnage and essentially goes on a blood-soaked murder rampage, hellbent on toppling Manfredi's empire after Manfredi betrayed him. Brock grappes with the changes in his organism and a telepathlic link that allows him to sense what Carnage is up to.

Warren's assistant Ashley Kafka finds out about the whole thing and reaches out to help Brock. They fall in love as Ashley helps Brock overcome his issues and become Venom in order to stop Carnage while both are being hunted by both Warren and DeWolff.

Mac Gargan is featured as the leader of OsCorp's private military unit, armed with sound-based weaponry, and we also get Robbie Robertson as Brock's old editor at the Daily Globe, and Robbie Farrell as Brock's street-wise informant and friend who gets killed by Carnage. Frankie Barrison also appears as Kassady's psycho junkie girlfriend, while Patrick Mulligan is featured as DeWolff's partner.

Spider-Man is not involved in the plot at all, but there's a passing reference to him. Just the bare minimum to establish that he might exist in that universe. Warren atributes the symbiote's spider-like abilities to having assimilated characteristics of a "previous host".

Carnage is the Joker concept where the immunity is at least explained.

"We tried to execute the psycho, but it's really in the blood now."

But it is a sad relic of the 90s. Which is why he'll make a good punching bag for an anti-hero like venom.

It's because that minority is loud and garners attention, so the ill informed and naive assume it is the majority.

You are a bit dim arent you? People defend Batman killing BvS because the movie makes it out as a BAD THING and is intentionally commenting on how he killed in previous movies.

yeah, simple but pretty good. Cassiday is Venom's cellmate while Eddie's suit is gone. Convicted fellon. The suit comes back to break Eddie out and leaves it's offspring in the heat of the moment.

From then on it's basically a crazy serial killer with issues, with tons of power. So he hijacks a rock concert to get people to get violent. The whole thing is completely silly.

Carnage is great you fucking faggot

I dunno the time he and Vengeance fought the predator cyborgs was fun.

it's shit

wow user thanks for gracing us with an insight everyone on this board had 4 years ago or whatever, whenever AXIS came out

Speaking of which...

Of course, this page seems a bit ironic these days.

It's been a common reaction image for the past 3 years, newfag.

I have always liked Carnage though.
I liked Maximum and I liked Carnage USA.
Superior and Minimum were bleh imo.
Planet of the symbiotes was meh.
I loved Conway's run.
And I loved Carnage in Axis (him and Hobgoblin were the best parts of the whole event).
And I liked Carnage trying to mess with Nova.
And I liked monster Carnage from the Ultimate comics and the death of Ultimate Gwen was intense. Ultimate Gwen becoming Gwen-Carnage was a neat idea but went nowhere (just like MJ as Demogoblin).

I never liked Carnage. The only time in his entire history that I enjoyed him was when he went Axis, because he finally had a character beyond "MUH MURDER"

Also, a Venom movie without establishing him as a major Spider-Man villain is fucking stupid. Brock is a perpetual victim, and him becoming more of a heroic figure needs to reflect on him realizing that he is responsible for his actions. But that can only happen if you actually establish him as a character first.

>"I'm a 90s kid so I'm an expert >:)"

Fuck off fag. No one gives a shit about you or your shit opinions. Carnage is great.

>Venom is essentially a hero

why will he and Spider-man fight? Why would he hate him?

I feel like throwing carnage out as the first villain is a waste

They should rename him to Carnival. It's more fun.

>its a STR vs DEX movie

>Carnage and Venom with no connection to Spider-Man
I hate Sony so much....

It is. But it ain't like the movie will get a sequel.

>Not making Brock deranged
>No twisting everything to the point it looks like a nightmare
>Not making the big reveal that the "evil" monster is actually Spiderman

Brock was never that far off the deep end, that's Moonie territory mate.

That being said, I still wish it was a cold open from Brock's prison break. That way you could still keep Carnage's origin story intact, and you could have Venom's hatred for Spiderman still be a thing, with a lead in into a homecoming sequel.

Venom does not have that problem, honestly neither does Freeze, writers just suck nowadays. Also Carnage is great, you'd have to not have read any of his goofy idiot adventures to not like him. Like the time he downloaded his symbiote to the internet to strangle people.

His axis arc was hilarious

Because Spidey is a weenie, and Brock killing bad guys would make Uncle Ben cry.

Are we sure Spider-Man's gonna be completely absent from the movie? If so I agree with you, but we barely have any details to go on here.

Marvel almost certainly made it a condition of their leasing of Spider-Man that he couldn't be used in any other cinematic projects.

I would like to see that

Carnage is stronger than Venom though
It's just that he likes stabbing more than punching

Carnage is the good symbiote though.

He's had great stories for well over a decade now. Mind Bomb and It's a Wonderful Life were fantastic. All his solo mini's since he got Sentry'd have been entertaining. His solo book was brilliant.

Carnage has a way bigger selection of "must read" titles compared to Venom. If you actually read comics rather than shitposted about them, you'd know how happy people are with modern day Carnage.

>His solo book was brilliant.
I think you need to calm down and reassess the concept of what brilliance means.

Have they cast him yet?

I nominate this guy, pretty good psycho in Get Out.

Anyone know where this scene is from?

I'd imagine it's from the "Carnage and Cthulu funtime adventures" series, but I'm not sure
How's that end, by the way?

Shut up, worst generation. Your opinion is the worst of all and is immediately invalidated.

But Carnage always was better than Eddie Brock. Everyone os better than Trashie Brock.

There's a venom movie?

Minimum Carnage. A Scarlet Spider/Agent Venom team up.
It ends with Kaine stabbing Kasady through the head with a stinger, making him a vegetable

I liked Carnage as a kid because of his design so he still has a soft spot for me, but this whole Venom solo movie seems like a bad idea and liable to be a dumpster fire.

good work

Please let this shit project die for the 3rd time.

Sony pictures is so fucking incompetent why can't they just let Marvel make their movies for them.

Can you shoop out the girl but keep the text?

I have always liked carnage. Though I think making him a villain in the venom movie is dumb as fuck. It makes sense..... in a way. Heroes almost always fight someone with the same powers. Still, Id have prefered A maximum carnage movie. Carnage is a good "final boss" for spider-man.

Going to commandeer this thread while I post some Carnage. If anyone wants me to stop just say the word.

also Kassidy got better because the symboite bonded with him to a molecular level or some shit

Sin Eater up in this bitch! Fuck yeah!

Every time I see "Carnage Rules", I get flashbacks to the game Maximum Carnage and the theme by Green Jelly
youtube.com/watch?v=hbnihYENjC8

Axis was such a cool concept. More characters should have been left inverted.

All of that is completely fucking stupid. The only aspect of that that isn't garbage is Miles Warren making a defected Symbiote Clone. The rest is literally In Name Only shit, ASM2 style.

Sony needs to fucking end.

ha

Glorious