Thinking about it a bit, A Metroid cartoon in the same vein as Samurai Jack could potentially be dope

Thinking about it a bit, A Metroid cartoon in the same vein as Samurai Jack could potentially be dope.

The isolation, the long stretches of Samus wandering through a planet, occasionally having to fend off dangerous creatures, sometimes being forced to go Zero Suit due to something occasionally wrong with her suit or whatever.

Not exactly like Samurai Jack in tone and pacing mind you but similar in certain aspects I think it could work.

Could Metroid work as a Samurai Jack esque cartoon in terms of tone, pacing and structure?
What other series could work in a similar fashion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/I7F3NvsAoJI?t=27
youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A mostly silent series like the snow ambush in samurai jack? Wandering between ruins and understanding past worlds? I could dig that.

BUT

Samus should remain mute. And mantain the trope of the "guy/hero in armor thats actually a girl", I don't really think this coulg go for a lor of episodes

>Samus should remain mute.

There's literally no reason why Samus shouldn't speak when necessary.

>And mantain the trope of the "guy/hero in armor thats actually a girl"

Fuck off everyone knows she's a woman already.

>And mantain the trope of the "guy/hero in armor thats actually a girl"
Everyone, inside and out of universe, knows she's a girl. Even before Metroid 1 canonically.

I was wondering how long it would take for a Metroid thread to show up on Sup Forums.

I like the Melee Counter. Fight me.

The suit should be anatomically correct

Except that's not Metroid, you're asking for more Samurai Jack with Samus as a protagonist.

I haven't heard anyone dislike it yet.
I was under the impression that it was welcome.

>What other series could work in a similar fashion?
The first one that came to mind was Soulsborne, but most of the story from those comes from item descriptions. Maybe Fallout?

Surprisingly, it's become a point of contention due to the claim that being able to punch things "casualizes" Metroid. Yeah.

>Even before Metroid 1 canonically.
its canon since metroid 1. if you beat the game without diying it is shown

dude that melee counter is the shit. I hope it be a bit of a little combo with then shooting them afterwards.

Well how a Metroid cartoon/anime whatever go in your eyes?

>What other series could work in a similar fashion?
Halo, Elder Scrolls, Warhammer Fantasy and 40k

I would love a Metroid cartoon. It could easily be episodic or not featuring a variety of upgrades, progression, and a little of everything. However, I do agree that Samus should be on the quieter side, only talking when necessary, probably through monologue, since it feels that most of the games treat Samus pretty silent for the player to emerse themselves in the environment and atmosphere.

Samurai Jack was never good though, so this by default is bad
And let me guess, by season 5 the first 3 episodes are kini but then she falls in love with the son of Ridley?

I know that. I'm saying people knew she was girl before Metroid 1 in the game's universe.

That's not even the best Nintendo franchise to adapt into a Samurai Jack style cartoon.

but what if metroid was a girl

>Jack almost never talks
>Link flat out doesn't talk, period

I like this idea.

And, to go off on a small tangent, this is the core of why nearly every Legend of Zelda fanfic fucking sucks. They all make Link so chatty. They automatically assume that Link not talking is just a gaming conceit, a relic from the early days of video games. Well, if that were the case, then surely in more modern games he'd talk more often. But no, Nintendo has kept him silent, so at this point we have to assume that it's just one of Link's character traits. He's a man of few words. So many fanfics fuck that up.

You say first three of Season 5 are kino but also think all of the original 4 seasons are bad, despite those three episodes being kino by most BECAUSE of how they are just like the original episodes.

what?

You could literally adapt BotW into a cartoon like this.

But I mean he is clearly shown talking in games and your options to respond to someone has words and "character" to them.

Characters frequently "respond" to him int tons of games.

>Warhammer Fantasy
if pre-end times, mvq

>Prime 4 not being developed by Retro
How's that for a false prophet? Metroid is still doomed.

They still have Tanabe working on it, and the fact they announced at all says something significant. I'm giving Nintendo the benefit of the doubt on this one, since they have shown they haven't given up on the franchise. Hell, they banished Sakamoto to "supervisor' of Samus Returns, making him a glorified middle manager at best, which is certainly nice.

Besides, I'd like Retro back too, but I'd like the series to also not get stale. And this is in-house development, none of that Team Ninja bullshit.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but it remains to be seen if Samus will have her integrity restored. She has a lot of humiliation to come back from. It started when they surgically removed her muscles, shortened her legs, and poured neon blue Creepy Crawler goop over her naked body, to be baked into a slippery, smacking cocoon-prison.

The last thing we need is more Gurl Powah shit. Only beta loser males like this Emasculating Propaganda shit.

Don't worry man, just because a woman is "stronk" doesn't mean she likes pussy nice guys, she still likes alpha douches like Adam.

What happened to Star Fox, anyway? I thought it was getting a glorious resurrection?

Cautious optimism is the best way to proceed, yes. Nintendo still wants Metroid money, so they're damn well gonna have to earn it.

Again, Sakamoto's position of supervisor screams "you done fucked up, go sit in the corner". So if nothing else, we won't be seeing anymore of that PTSD waifu bullshit. Nintendo is old, but they know Other M pissed people right off, and even Federation Force tried to remind of Samus' in-universe fame, with the Feddie troopers going all doe eyed in reverence.

Overall, Nintendo will probably at least try to avoid the stuff that was bad for PR.

Anyone else think that Metroid is a very shitty series because it's so boring? It's gameplay is backtrack central. Combine that with one uninteresting protagonist and you got a shit concept. And don't get me started on the:

"The villains are intelligent aliens, but because there's no cut scenes we only see them roaring like feral animals."

Even Ben 10 didn't fuck up aliens like that. The best thing that ever happened to Metroid? It's formula being ripped off and applied in superior games.

Magical Girl adventures with a very, very angry protag.

I liked Super Metroid and Prime but I honestly agree with you, especially on the aliens part.

It's always only ever really been a very blatant ripoff of the Alien films.

>Thinking about it a bit, A Metroid cartoon in the same vein as Samurai Jack could potentially be dope.
Literally what I've always wanted.

I dunno, it's not like I watched Samurai Jack or it's revival, I just parrot what everyone else says

So much of this is wrong.

Will Samus be voiced by Tara Strong or get a new love interest?

>strawmanning the argument
most welcome a melee option in Metroid, the problem is how it trivializes a lot of shit
> a full body length attack
>spammable
>pretty large hitbox so its extremely forgiving
>gives a "critical" beam attack after successful hit on mobs
>stuns mobs for a long time
>on bosses its essentially 3-5 missiles of damage every time it charges you
>gets buffed with the electric armor upgrade to make all those problems worse

well then you're retarded for being unable to make your own opinion.

Bitch I know what you're playing, and it would be Jennifer Hale.

Grey DeLisle if Jennifer Hale won't take the job.

give me a goddamn Zelda cartoon

Wasn't there an official Super Metroid comic?
Can somebody post it since I can't seem to find it

I would love to see a Zelda cartoon with a silent but very expressive Link

You caught me user.

Jennifer Hale or bust.

Do we even know how Jennifer Hale would make Samus sound if she spoke normally?

All we have is that narration she did that was cut for Prime 1, her grunts and her game over screen.

youtu.be/I7F3NvsAoJI?t=27

And this if you want to count it.

BotW's Link has a reason for not talking.

I'd like to see that as its own thing now

the cartoon has multiple seasons, each adapting different games.

Isn't that just Kill la Kill?

youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM

So, the way JoJo was adapted?

exactly.

anime by bones or madhouse is much better.
> wanting a western cartoon where everything and everyone is disproportional and less detailed as fuck... wats wrong with you

either is fine

>anime by bones or madhouse is much better.
Ooh baby

shit man, tha'ts genius. Those art backgrounds alone would be amazing.

Yes, yes and yes! Also yes to making an LoZ cartoon in a similar vein.

...See, the real trick is convincing Nintendo to allow a diamond in the rough like this to be made.

>Metroid or Zelda styled after Samurai Jack
>Not Kino's Journey
You guys don't know what true kino is

Aku was allowed to be goofy and evil.

Therefore I propose Space Pirates are canon tuuuuuubes maniacs in the show.

Holy shit, it is.