Harley Quinn #22 Storytime

Because every rebirth title MEANS every rebirth title. How is everyone today? Thank god we are almost half way done with rebirth. Its getting exhausting reading every single issue, and I really cant wait to be able to drop Harley.

Other urls found in this thread:

readdcentertainment.com/Harley-Quinn-2016-22/digital-comic/T1625300225001
readdcentertainment.com/Harley-Quinn-2016/comics-series/74153
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/john-ridley-american-way-comic-935081
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll admit this is funny
for once I'm laughing at harley

What's interesting about this book is how far it deviates from the solicits, I don't think any book in DC right now lies or mislead their audience as much as this book does. This is the solicit presented by Comixology

>Harley Quinn (2016-) #22

>“Red Roses” part two! Poison Ivy’s back in town, and she’d like to patch up the friendship with Harley that she damaged in the Bahamas…but sadly for poor Mr. Tool, Ivy’s got some strong opinions on his courtship of Harley! And in “Harley Loves Joker” part six, Harley’s sure she’s got a foolproof plan to get back in Mistah J’s good graces, but when have Harley’s plans ever ended up the way she imagined?

readdcentertainment.com/Harley-Quinn-2016-22/digital-comic/T1625300225001

I really don't know what's going on with DC and this book, but I find it interesting

you're right, that is very bizarre

Same with the next issue, pic related is the cover and this is the solicit

>Harley Quinn (2016-) #23
>“RED ROSES” part three! The tension between Harley, Poison Ivy and Red Tool hits the boiling point! Who’s gonna stay—and who’s gonna go? And in the backup story, “Harley Loves Joker” part seven, Batman is back on the deranged duo’s trail!

readdcentertainment.com/Harley-Quinn-2016/comics-series/74153

Makes me thing that something is going on with the Palmiottis and DC, I don't if bad or good but something is going on.

it probably isnt bad, seeing as how they are also doing the upcoming Jetsons book too.

But could it deviate from the inital solicit?. I mean I could believe a change from the appearance of a characer, like how Ivy was supposed to show earlier but instead Atlee was the one who took her place, this is outright lying, but to the fact that this is the solicit from issue #24

>“THE PARENT TRAP”! Harley has faced every challenge even she could possibly imagine, but can she survive…a visit from her parents?! And in “Harley Loves Joker” part eight, the duo’s new headquarters comes with some unforeseen complications!

I liked this. Does this have anything to with the original comic? or is it not related?

Conner's art is awful, look those foreheads. It's like they are monkeys or something.

I find them so annoying, the characters Palmiotti has made in this book are stupid from their expressions to their dialogues

Looks like it's a sequel:
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/john-ridley-american-way-comic-935081
I think DC also just reprinted the original

This premise was interesting and had potential but Palmiotti wasted it, why is Palmiotti so bad writer? Dini used it in Gotham City Sirens in 2009 but that time Harley visited them.

Thanks, OP.

I don't know why this environment in the book, all the things surrounding Harley are so lacking of sense, ugly and disgusting. Like cheap ideas.

people, this is strange but I think Dini is re-writing Joker/Harley stories. This one is a story of something happened in Harley Quinn #1 in 2000. Harley wanted a park for Joker but he didn't like how the band thought she was efficient, better than him. I had noticed this before, Dini used thing from several stories where Joker was a asshole like Mad Love and Harlequinade but this time he was pure honey.

Poor book, they can't use Catwoman so an imitation.

I'm just here for this!

>60,000 bucks in pennies
that's a big fuck you!

Imitations are used when for some reason you can't use the original character, cause in continuity they are in a big plot or they're dead or you have a funny joke thought that the original character is too high to be part of

he's a son of bitch!

It was that pale police officer.

Motherfucker shouldn't do that. Kesel run was one of the highest point of Harley's character. Rewriting issue #1 of her old ongoing is really terrible since it showed how devoted Harley was for J and how J little cared for Harley. Damn this shit sucks, the only thing missing is that Dini starts rewriting Lieberman's take on the character

calm down dude, it's ok. This comic isn't canon it's just like the rest of the book. Besides the issue #1 by Kesel was a reference to 2 stories: Mad Love and Batman Harley Quinn, both by Dini.

Kesel wrote a situation like Mad Love where Harley did things on her own and Joker got angry cause he's selfish. Since HQ was canon and derivated from Batman: HQ by Dini Joker isn't abusive in this canon but he tries to kill her every now and then. Joker beat her up in that #1 just because Kesel wanted a reference to Mad Love

Nah, m8. Dini should respect the work of his colleagues, since Kesel expanded Harley's character way better than what this book has done. I don't care if it's canon or not, I care about the fact of respecting previous writers work

He was referencing both those stories while making it make sense in-universe. That story respected all of the characters involved more than this ongoing has done in all its years

Damn I'm salty

Did someone say that they're gonna be collecting just the Dini backups in a trade?

Kesel should respect Dini's work too and often he based his stories on Dini's. In first place Kesel had to respect canon and what Dini wrote for that canon but he wanted to do something akin to Mad Love at the same time.

So what? Dini can rewrite whatever he wants, in fact i think his backups could be retelling the past of Harley Quinn in her solo since Palmiotti said those are canon for his current comic.

>He was referencing both those stories while making it make sense in-universe.

He shouldn't have included a reference to Mad Love when Dini created a canon version for comics with all the intention of replacing abuse for something else that was dysfuntional too. So respect wasn't his best quality.

He respected the work of Dini by building something that was a continuation of that, he respected the work of Dini by going what the character in those stories was about and never contradict Dini's work, something that Dini isn't doing right now.

These stories are simple garbage since it goes against the core character, Mad Love is and always will be the core of Harley. All of this shouldn't matter, shouldn't even be taking into account. The only way that I ever accept this is if at the end it's shown that it was all in Harley's mind and never happened

He referenced because he liked the work, he saw that that was the core of the characters. He referenced because he wanted to continue Dini's work and never goin againstg what he wrote. That's respect

Kesel shouldn't have made the reference to Mad Love cause It was Dini who changed the story for canon comics. Harley is Dini's character, if he wanted a different story for his character he could do it.

Kesel didn't respect the new story Dini wrote for Harley in 1999, you want an abusive Joker and that's all but the story canon for comics wasn't about that, the character wasn't about that in this case.

Do you know when Dini changed her status as in Mad Love for first time?

It was just one year after Mad Love, in an interview a week ago he talked about how he has changed the dynamic of the joker and Harley, that was practically a description of several episodes of TAS where obviously their relationship was very different to what we saw in Mad Love.

one panel he has xbox huge side burns, next he doesn't. God damn man

It is not about if you accept this story. Likely for her solo that IMO is a continuity itself this is going to be her past.

The core of the character is her relationship whatever it is with Joker so they can change the terms of that relationship whenever Dini wants, other writers have changed it many times anyway.

It isn't official yet but Palmiotti and Dini were "considering the format" of the backups so It's almost sure they're gonna to be collected in a trade.

this is so bad it hurts.......kill me now

thanks for your sacrifice user

They just dropped the Harley/Ivy plot.

Dini created Harley, he can do what he wants. Don't be salty because you're a Harlivyfag.

Right from the start this smells a bit like Chaykin before his head vanished up his ass, and I like it.