JSA Storytime: Squadron Supreme

Good evening owls,

more Hyperion

Other urls found in this thread:

michaelkirkbride.tumblr.com/post/76144854126/dont-get-me-wrong-i-want-to-get-into-vivecs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

art change

so what's good today because I read literally nothing

>The Wild Storm gives you the payoff we've all been expecting on the Jon Davis-Hunt art
>Ultimates made me ship Galactus and Ego the Living Planet, but actually seriously
>USAvengers is just like a scream into the void about the injustice of Ewing not having an X-Men title

Also the WW Looney Tunes issue seemed super fun but that's all I've looked at.

>>The Wild Storm gives you the payoff we've all been expecting on the Jon Davis-Hunt art
I'm a couple issues behind on Wild Storm, gotta catch up

Oh shit I forgot Wild Storm, lemme get on that

Mouse over at the risk of spoilers

Hello, Storyteller.

We now return to the adventures of the not-Justice League. Will they succeed in taking over the world? Will they all just end up dying instead? Will Mark Grundelwald ever stop taking the piss? Let's find out!

Thing teaser that everyone thinks is for a "Fantastic 2" book but is clearly going to be the long-awaited return of Marvel Two-in-One.

Also the running flashes of Pris revealing all the world's secrets in music videos is like, really fucking great.

best hot take of the day was "I am upset by the tonal valence of FabNic's Hydra Bob story"

Aquaman was good, even if it was the art making Abnett's writing seem better

Oh and in it Dolphin is a qt mute like Joey

>WW Looney Tunes issue seemed super fun
I liked them, but the threads got hit by the resident "fun is making things casual and I like my toys in divided bins that should never interact" guy

dat ass

He had to have metal molded into the shape of his ass?

I feel asleep before the end of last thread but I saw there was some Image bitching and I'm normally there for it, but I actually agree with pro-Image user that the August solicits look pretty good.

There's more stuff that seems like people trying for things and not just "WHAT IF THING" or "MAKE THIS A MOVIE" plus Mage of course:

imagecomics.com/content/view/image-solicitations-for-august-2017

I also came across this (IMO) hilarious interview that briefly forces you to imagine what Ales Kot must be like IRL - just skip to the end for it:

imagecomics.com/features/generation-gone-the-ballad-of-angry-millennials-with-superpowers-interview

Probably just sat down on it.

Link?

Cranky?

Legacy is even more shameless of a ripoff of Rebirth than I had imagined.

Fully expecting the "return" at the end to just be Thor, Cap, Tony or Hulk going back to status quo.

No one at Marvel even cares, it's so obvious some executive said "that Rebird thing is getting popular, do one of those" and everyone's just phoning it in.

Like, it's just asking to be made fun of, it borders on parody.

Once Rebirth was success it was kind of inevitable there would be something like it. I just expected Marvel to put more effort in.

I'm scared to click on that last one

all this hair is so awesomely 80s and I love it

Just do it, I think you'll lol.

Oh kiss the fattest part of my ass. It's a fucking stupid premise, and no amount of telling me I hate fun is going to change that. Now stop deluding yourself into liking garbage, and maybe you'll free up enough space in your head to capitalize on making a jab at the fattest part of my ass line.

And frankly, I don't want to hear any of that live and let live shit from a single goddamned one of you. We're the resident hipster club of this fuckin' board, so none of us have any right to pretend to be all accepting.

I lost it at "moved to Brooklyn", it's true

hey, this is 100% the land of YKINMKATO

there's really no good way to say "BTW I mindraped you"

You're a club of one, man.

woooords

>when you put all your skill points into tech and none into choosing a cool name for yourself

I've had a good fucking laugh at a bunch of ESO names

While I was busy taking over the middle east these past six months" is a great line to just drop in there.

I know, right? "Got wrapped up in another project, and, welp"

I didn't read anything either! I read some X kids books last night and they were alright but not great. I didn't know Iceman was about old Bobby

Hell yeah

>initiation

I've been trying to think of a non-awkward way to say that I like that Amphibian has bare feet, but I don't think there is one.

There's not

but here, your kink is okay

Ya know, it's kind of weird reading old comics from when I was a kid or even before that and STILL the middle east is the go-to example of the world's warzone.

Like culture in the last 50 years has seen an unprecedented rapidness of change and yet the one thing that's never changed through the entirety of my natural life is that "there's a war in the middle east".

Just say 'I want him to step on me'

Please, we are absolutely the hipster club. Right now we're reading Squadron Supreme. We're the fucks who like the New Warriors, we're the dweebs who have read though nearly the entire catalogue of the Legion of Super-Heroes, we actually know who the hell the Power Company is, we call ourselves JSA Storytime for fucks sake. Everyone of us is rocking a metaphorical black beret, tight lowrider jeans, and a scarf. Let's not lie to ourselves, my friends, we are absolutely those people for whom the phrase "Ugh, you just don't get it." is instinctual.

It's true that I frequently wear a black beret, how did you know?

The dialogue really makes this feel like it's older than it is.

Arcanna > Zatanna

It's not even really from a fetish perspective, I just like that it conveys him being more suited to water and as an alternative to generic superhero boots. Wait, shit, I should have just said that in the first place.

See, there you go

It's a nice touch

SO, how about Zealot and the Daemon, and Pris

>the Wondie expy voting for b-modding
It's like poetry.

Based Amphibian

that's a great no fucks leavegiving

Pretty fucked up that he just has to leave and Lark is stuck like that and with him.

AND NOW, NOT!BATMAN

... Do you actually wear a black beret, or are you just fucking with me? Cause I know full you like to watch me squirm.

I thought we were gonna have to wait around for ages for Daemonites and Kherubim explicitly so I'm glad we're there.

I actually wear a black beret. Not much in the summer because it's wool and I'm not stupid.

This cover isn't lying.

"Oh, I went to an alternate earth the other day, NBD"

oh shit, it's a dickbag Hyperion

also Grandmaster, which reminds me that it'll all be worth it if Secret Empire has been a stealth Born Better: Part Two

>Professor Imam
>Wizard Supreme
OK, come the fuck on.

DAMMIT GRU

King's Batman was again retarded. Either King has too much workload so he isn't giving much attention to plot or he just doesn't give a fuck because it's Batman. I'm really worried about Mister Miracle.

I actually forgot that this series was continuing on from earlier appearances of the Squadron.

We got this glorious page

Am I the only one who thinks Cap here looks like a black guy in whiteface?

Alright shill.

You got me, Image pays me $0.05 to post a pro-Image comment in every JSA storytime thread on Sup Forums.

now that's another face

BTW we're on tomorrow then off until Tuesday

sorry

this is denser than I remember it being

The deal is 5 cents per comment times the number of people in the thread not counting yourself.

So you actually made 75 cents off that comment, not a bad chunk of change. Plus free digital Image comics.

>shillposting in a JSA storytime
wew. Leave the lazy shitposting to the normie threads. You've gotta use better bantz than that if you want to roll with the big boys.

I am way more into the slightly crazier Quasar than this NGL. Everyone in Quasar felt a bit more intense: here you get flashes of intensity but some of the prolonged dialogue feels like such a waste of space and visuals.

Oh and a 10 cent bonus for each (You) you get. So almost one entire dollar for just one post, before taxes.

And you people wonder why I fucking hate crossover shit. This is just unacceptable.

You don't really have to be paid to be a shill, retards everywhere are doing it for free. Image just isn't as great as people meme it out to be. It's got the same storytelling sensibilities of big 2, creators continue to write their series because the things they write become really popular because of people's shit taste. Memender actually admitted on a podcast that he would continue writing Deadly Class for the foreseeable future because it's getting a tv adaptation. There's just no creativity in Image books.

Lots of good expressions tonight.

I was kind of drunk for early Quasar and man, there's some wild shit in there, looking back at it

I wanna get paid

Quasar was amazing. Legitimately one of my fave Marvel runs of all time, pleasure to be introduced to it.

hey is Morrowind user here

>normie
Hello normalfag.

It's almost like that first panel... WANTS my eye to be drawn to something. And yet, I just can't tell what.

Eh, they can't all be zingers.

Wendell really is top-shelf husbando, and there's so much wildly creative stuff in there. Genuinely weird Cosmic. It deserves a digital reissue.

Image's problems mostly aren't inherent to Image, except that they mostly take on the same types of books.

I don't see how you can really hate the concept of good creators getting to do stuff entirely controlled and owned by themselves.

Like you said in recent years creator-owned comics have become more and more of just a TV IP farm, but that's hardly a problem just with Image, that's the natural consequence of the big money being in TV. MacFarlane made his crap to sell toys and cartoon rights, for example.

Wendell's transition from being too nice to his SHIELD colleagues to being too nice to weird quasi-divine extradimensional immortals is pretty great.

Pic related is also pretty great.

Y

Why would that make me hate Looney Toons?

and that it's the power of niceness and yet it's never sappy and he does actually have to do difficult things

michaelkirkbride.tumblr.com/post/76144854126/dont-get-me-wrong-i-want-to-get-into-vivecs

i thought of you

>You don't really have to be paid to be a shill, retards everywhere are doing it for free.
The fu-THAT'S CALLED PRAISING A THING YOU LIKE, YOU FUCKING TROGLODYTE. I fucking joke about it being against the rules to like things on this website, but it's come to the point where a percentage of the user base literally does not understand that sometimes people enjoy things and like to speak positively about it. You fucking morons actually assume that the only reason for praise is some form of corporate brownnosing, HOLY SHIT.

Y'know what? I take back the shit I was talking about us being the hipster club. Maybe we're the only ones who actually things.

And no, I don't give a fuck if you're trolling, the fact you'd even pretend to be that stupid is disgusting it itself, and possibly indicative that people like that actually exist. Goddamn.

Also I'm mostly done with High Rock in ESO so now I'm fucking around with Vivec, kind of

Image is very much part of the problem. They'll sell garbage series as long as they are making their money back. Not only that but they encourage creators to write for TV/movie pitches and write for as long as they want. This isn't necessarily the worst thing and creators are definitely looking for this but this is exactly what lead to the stagnation and downward spiral of slShonen Jump. And there's definitely stagnation in image, both creatively and financially. Shonen Jump recently realized this problem and are adapting, hopefully Image does too.