What's the worst episode of Adventure Time?

What's the worst episode of Adventure Time?
Guest animated episodes don't count since the staff has next to no control over them.

/thread

This is when I finally gave up on the show.

Frost& Fire

The fights between FP and Ice King were cool, cute, and pretty funny. And you've gotta admire how the Ooo Crew managed to slide past S&P to depict a teenage boy experiencing his first wet dreams.

You're probably just pissed that Finn and FP won't end up together

I see this get posted semi-regularly here, what is it you didn't like about this episode?

Finn gets his arm "back" at the end of the episode

Not him but the implied rape was just weird and totally uncalled for. I'm not sure what the fan interpretation of that scene was, but it's pretty obvious what the writers meant to imply and it was obnoxiously shocking. Why?

Then next scene he jizzes himself a new arm? It's the laziest fucking way to resolve that plot thread even if it lead to Grass Finn.
What the fuck is this story?

Chips and Ice Cream. It's just so fucking boring and pointless.

I really liked Breezy. To this day, I'm confused by the sheer amount of hate it gets.

Not that user, but I couldn't stand how Finn turned into a manipulative asshole so he could keep having wet dreams. I get that he wasn't thinking clearly and Jake's advice didn't help - or rather the Cosmic Owl being a dream-invading little shit didn't help - but it didn't make it any more enjoyable to watch. I liked the beginning, though, and the episode wasn't nearly as bad as some of the ones that came after it.

>Chips and Ice Cream. It's just so fucking boring and pointless
While I agree that the episode wasn't much (that Seo & Somvy for ya), I still found Chips and Ice Cream's song beautifully sung and laughed at how silly they looked repeating their names over and over to drive Finn nearly insane.

BMO figuring out the solution was also pretty cool. The parts with the bear guy were dragged on, though, but I couldn't call this the worst AT episode.

I held on after Frost and Fire. I held on after Breezy. I thought, surely this show must one day get good again! Surely this season finale, which is the culmination of build up for multiple plot threads, will knock it out of the park!

God.

>music hole
>breezy
>the comet
man this board has terrible taste

>he thinks any of those are anything less than complete shit
>says other people have terrible taste

I'm with you user.

>worst episodes
>no Dream of Love
Also, as user said , Chips and Ice Cream was so bad I stopped watching the show for a while.

Breezy is where I noticed something about the show is wrong and then Season 6 just got worse and worse and when that finale aired I just lost complete respect for it. It isn't what it used to be. I mean if you're gonna do world building and lore at least stay true/faithful to the original seasons and source material. They've fucked up continuity and the characters so bad and introduced so much they'll never finish it all. Should have ended with season 4 or 5.

Tfw I binge watched this whole series so I don't have the "buildup" problems you guys have

>You're probably just pissed that Finn and FP won't end up together
I'd be pissed just because they always play "will they or won't they" with a girl before tossing her to the side and becoming irrelevant.

I remember watching this on Sup Forums and it literally broke people. we couldn't believe what we had just watched.

The fuck is a "guest animated" episode?

Food Chain, A Glitch is A Glitch, Bad Jubies and Beyond the Grotto were guest episodes. Basically they bring in a guest director to make their own AT episode. I believe the people who made Beyond the Grotto are getting another episode to make as well.

Beyond the Grotto was just guest animated, it was still written/storyboarded by the regular crew.

>cringy as fuck story arc
>cringy as fuck dialogue pretending to be deep and profound
>it was a literal copy of Revelations from the bible
damn are you me, this is exactly where I fell off too, shit played out like a fucking middle schoolers fanfic. After watching it I figured Ward was just fucking with his audience to see how far he could push until they broke so I stopped giving it attention, didn't matter of course, fans still ate it up from what I saw

I forgot the episode's actual name, but the one where Betty got flung into the future. It was fanfiction levels of terrible.

Dream of Love and James Baxter the Horse.

>"Maybe I do have the right... what's that stuff?"

>everyone just forgets that "Water Park Prank" ever happened
I really liked Turbo Fantasy

I liked Water Park Prank better than Bad Jubies and Glitch is a Glitch. Both of those were really pretty but also corny and off-show. WPP had some pretty clever ideas.

Bringing her back was a complete mistake and every episode with her in it should be ignored.

This. I think the worst part WAS the Cosmic Owl getting involved - it just felt like they couldn't think of a valid reason for Finn to try it again so they had to force it somehow, which left the (frankly already pretty cheap) episode feeling bitter and hollow.

>Ignoring You Forgot Your Floaties
Pleb taste.

These two are often considered the very worst. So lets leave it at that.

good ep
the "story arc" of that season wasn't so hot but a lot of the ideas themselves weren't bad. I quite liked finn talking existence with the cosmic sphere. it never pretended to be deep and profound either, it was very kid friendly and sweet imo
james baxter is one of the very best eps

the most recent mini-series sucked massive dick, especially since the previous one with finn's mum was quite good

Let's flip the switch on this thread. What's the BEST episode?

"Shhh"

food chain and byond the grotto were some of the best episodes of all time

>worst episodes
>no Dream of Love
The fuck you talkin' 'bout, user? Tree Trunks & Mr. Pig's lack of romantic discretion (and everyone's reaction to it) was hilarious, and that titular song was pure kino. IIRC, Patrick McHale wrote it.

my personal favorites are Wake Up & Escape From The Citadel

"Shh!". A very joyful 11 minutes of gags and animation and music.

Yeah I HATED slutty whore Finn

that's really the least bad thing Breezy did when you look at it

Sad face or the Worm's brother episode

I thuroughly did not gave a single fuck about Main character's pimple performing Some shit adventure the whole episode

Breeey is a good episode.
Actually, no exactly. The two most mentioned bad episode are red Throne and Frost and Fire.

>the Worm's brother episode
The one with Shelby's lil bro? Holy crap what a bad opinion, that episoe was charming as hell. A young hero going into the bowels of a mysterious land trying to defeat villains and be a hero, it was like a classic episode of the show substituting more mature Finn with a new character.

How anyone could think it was bad, let alone the worst episode of the show, disgusts me.

>Sad Face
Good ep. Love how we sort of go through the episode in reverse as he unwinds at the end.
>Worm's brother ep
Good one as well.

Both have charm out the arse, which is what AT was good at. Shame on you.

>but it's pretty obvious what the writers meant to imply and it was obnoxiously shocking. Why?
No. And it wasn't rape. It was repsentative of someone trying to find happiness in meaningless relationship and ending up with somone they don't even like. Out of theri OWN volution, but still, realize it is not what they were really looking for.

then the episode conclude with Finn being finally able to move over. and just as he get unstuck, so does his grassword that quit its flower form to get a more functionning shape.

is massaki yuaasa doing anything at the moment?

He has his anime doesn't he? I forget the name of it.
I wonder how much it cost to have him do Food Chain, there numbers for it anywhere?

Too tough to call. How do you compare, say, Hall of Egress to Evicted? They're completely different but both are great. There's so much episode variety and every boarder has their own style. My favourite boarder would have to be Moynihan though.

>He has his anime doesn't he
he's working on a new one?
the last one i saw was ping pong and his guest ep on space dandy

meant to reply to

It Came From The Nightosphere. Self-contained, funny as hell, finest ending gag.

>Sad Face
I'm with you on that. I remember there was a brief hiatus after this episode (and it immediately followed the Season 6 two-part premiere, "James II", and "The Tower", so it especially left a bad taste in my mouth.

>Little Brother
Can't agree. That was a cute episode. Not much, but still enjoyable.

Flame Princess was a mistake

I think I was thinking of Ping Pong, guess that ended, never mind.

Easy. "Dad's Dungeon". Why?
>dumb rock
>baby Finn & Jake
>'Burgers and hotdogs! Yeah, yeah, YEAH!'
>sexy fruit witches
>'Kee Oth Rama Pancake'
>touching father/son story
>Joshua's rap
>pic related

DING DING DING! We got ourselves a winner, boys!

Food Chain was such a fucking fever dream I'm not completely sure it was even real.

>Let's have a bee CUM on Finn's arm
>WACKY SMACKY
Bad Show.

Was it ever good? All the classic episodes are
>oh, SNAP! Math PENIS!
>Fart bacon glaven penguin!

I Remember You

Yes, it's an overused pick But it's true

It undoubtedly was great (and is still pretty alright most of the time), if that's really all you remember of the classic seasons then you either have shit memory or shit taste, one or the other

hall of egress
or is that you?

that episode called red something randomly asspulls fin being colour blind and just has a shitty plot

I will always think of AT as a great series that could have been even greater with a stronger creative direction to keep it from getting lost in the weeds of meandering arcs with rushed anti-climatic resolutions.

Plot aside, the color blind thing was clever enough to be worth it. More of a surprise than an asspull.

I'm pretty it started meandering and varying in overall quality when the actual creator stepped down because running shows is hard

fruit witches were pretty gruesome, sure AT has a friendly design, but I sure did not expect the fruit witches to consume their kind like that.

I don't watch the show much. My brother showed me a few episodes (which he selected, so I presume they represent the very best the show has to offer) and I said I'd watch it. He got a kind of look on his face and said "well, there's alot of filler."

So I was sitting there and some Adventure Time was available on Hulu and I was like "sure why not"

I watched this episode were Finn and Jake dream about being worms and getting eaten by birds, then are the birds and it's this whole thing that makes no sense and probably knocked five points off my IQ.

>Guest animated episodes don't count since the staff has next to no control over them.

Oh, is what what I saw? Because holy shit, somebody needs to stop that from happening.

>complaining about "filler" in AT when its greatest stuff is stand-alone
>complaining about one of the very best episodes
Christ you're a fag. If you didn't find joy in that episode then what do you watch animation for?

Agreed. Masaaki Yuasa is a living legend and has never made anything that wasn't amazing. Getting him on board was one of AT's most impressive feats.

He did everything he could with "Dumb American cartoon shorter than its total commercial breaks where everyone talks about butts," I'm sure

High strangeness

Finn ended up losing his arm again anyhow, he has a robotic arm now

>Have taste this bad
Your brother must pity you.

I may not have any idea how color blindness works but I always thought it was retarded that they made Finn color blind for that one episode and it was never brought up again, all for what amounted to a not very funny gag. Surely if he's been red/green colorblind this whole time it would have been brought up in the show, and he and Jake would have realized right? It's less clever and just
>How are we gonna make it so that Finn bringing this ruby back to Marceline doesn't solve the entire conflict
>Uhhhhh he's fucking color blind
>Brilliant, throw it in
Don't agree with the first guy that it's the worst episode ever but I certainly thought it was crappy.

You are right, AT in general is bad, not only those episodes

This is the episode that made me stop watching