Don't mind me everybody. I'm just literally the only good villain in the DCEU. Don't pay me no mind

Don't mind me everybody. I'm just literally the only good villain in the DCEU. Don't pay me no mind.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lsmnIzs8j0g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'LL FIND HIM!!!!!!!!

Still one more than the MCU. :^)

Every DCEU villain is trash

Even then, he's still a little one dimensional. Shannon's hammy performance makes up for it, though.

go see GOTG2 fag

>I actually had to think about who the villain in that movie was despite watching it two weeks ago
Yeah. Ego was shit.

The first thing I said when leaving the theater was "wow, ego was such a shitty villain", not that this makes any DC villains good, btw, but ego is really, really bad, even for marvel standards. Dude even pulls a thanos ruining his own billion year plan!

You should have lived and become Clark's Vegeta.

>He thinks WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA WAKKA was good.

The only thing that made Zod a "good" villain was that he killed a bunch of nondescript and unimportant background civlians.

I wish supes just phantom zoned him

No, the actor was intense as fuck, the motivations were great, and the interpretation was fine. Zod was a good villian.

I wouldn't mind Superman killing Zod, if there were a thematic reason for it.

I mean, nowhere in the movie do they set up a theme about Superman struggling with whether or not it is ever justified to end a life. One of the flashbacks could have had a scene that dealt with a young Clark faced with a similar problem, so that his decision later in the film is part of an arc.

But he just kills him, and then he screams and is all sad like "nooo, you made me break one of my ideals!" and we're all like, "wait, when did we ever establish that this was one of your ideals? What is the significance of this decision you made? Why is this a big deal?"

Kinda makes sense, because the original ending had him being sucked into the Phantom Zone, and then Goyer and Snyder were like, "no, death is cooler!", but they neglected to change anything in the earlier parts of the script to even make that climax meaningful. Because they don't understand story, they just stick things in based on if it seems "awesome."

I found him more hammy than intense, his motivations weren't particularly unique; he was just a zealot of a different stripe akin to Ronan, and the whole programming thing made me think he could've been replaced with a robot without making it much worse and "fine" isn't "good". Fine is acceptable.

Zod was a 6/10.

>annoying retard who can only yell and make angry faces
>good villain

How much is the bunny paying you?

How would you define the way Michael Shannon speaks? Is it a lisp? An accent? There's just something about how he speaks that sounds weird to me.

>I have to make Krypton again because I'm programmed to protect Krypton and doing so is my purpose in life
>I need this USB stick that has DNA on it so I can make all the Kryptonian babies and take care of thousands of babies somehow until they are developed enough to live independently.
>And though I have this machine that can teraform other planets to make them just like Krypton was, and this solar system has a bunch of orbiting bodies, two of which are already kinda similar to Earth, I'm just going to pick Earth, the one already inhabited planet, so I can kill everyone
>Even though I'm trying to get Superman to trust me, I'm going to put him in a dream machine where I tell him that actually I have this evil plan and then make him sink into a pit of skulls just for some extra theatricality
>And now that I think about it, seeing as we have these cool powers under these planet's conditions, why do I want to make the planet so that we have no powers, again? Don't I want to make Krypton great again, and we would truly be a glorious race if we all had godlike powers?

Lisp

Zod wanted his planet back, his culture, he didn't give a fuck about powers, he didn't want superpowered Animals either. You are simplistic.

>Clark's Vegeta.
clerk dies in his 2nd movie.

>and this solar system has a bunch of orbiting bodies, two of which are already kinda similar to Earth
not in the Goldilocks zone.

That's why I said in that Zod should've been a robot instead. He's already programmed with a very strict code, but if you go all the way with it, you could do the "he doesn't understand emotions" thing to explain why he's dumb enough to think he can show Clark drowning in skulls. Then when the codex gets destroyed his system crashes and he goes berzerk, and when Clark kills him nobody cares because it's just a machine. His coup on Krypton becomes a zeroth law rebellion.

Zod shoulda been a robot. Worked in the DCAU.

> 1 - it wasn't meant to be some glorified "ideal", it doesn't need to be. Killing even when justified can be extremely emotionally painful.
> 2 - While it's never spelled out that he has a no kill code if you bothered to pay attention it's clear he has a substantial anti violence streak as he hasn't defended himself physically for 33 years. Now to be fair that might only apply to punching down on those weaker then him but still.

IIdk, Lex is one of the few villains who actually win at the end, albeit temporarily.

I liked Eisenlex way more than Zod.

And Batman will gather the 7 Dragonballs.

You weren't even good. Your performance was intense, but the material was so darn shitty you couldn't save it. The "I will find him" outburst was crap.

you have incredibly shit tastes.

>You read this in Shannon's dejected voice

>Ego was a shitty villain

He used Hasselhoff to taunt Peter, and his idea of a father. That's pretty much the second best use of Hasselhoff in a movie.

That was Peter, and that's from a device called Chekhov's gun. Still would have preferred NYE-HEEAAA, but pac-man will do

>Hey Superman, how did you become so strong?
>Oh it's easy, I just trained at 1/100 times gravity
>FUCK

The only reason why Mars isn't viable to hold life is that it's too small to hold an atmosphere.
The world engine (or whatever it's called) was literally adding mass to Earth, there was no reason it couldn't have been used on Mars. Mars is also not hit as much by the Sun's radiation so they would've had an easier time than Clark did adjusting to their heightened senses.

But they didn't want Mars. They arrived on Earth first and wanted Earth.

DANCE OFF :D

Because of reasons.

Why do people like Zod? What made him a great villain? All he seemed to do was sperg and scream.

Shannon acted his ass off with what little he was given, but even he talks shit about this role.

My brother and I were discussing Zod and how unfortunate it was that WB chose him for Superman's first villain. They would have done much better to have Superman face The Ultra Humanite (human form) in the first movie. Think about it - TUH carrying out some scheme, Superman trying to stop him, and TUH saying something like "If you kill me...a human...a child of Earth...they will never trust you! They will never accept you!" And so Superman would have to stop him without killing him.

Now take what we got for MoS and make it the sequal and the neck snapping scene is so much more emotional and shattering for Supes.

youtube.com/watch?v=lsmnIzs8j0g
How can Marvel even compete? Name one good marvel soundtrack

He has a good idle animation in Injustice 1. If he was written as a cool, smooth Zod, he could have been great.

As is, he's kind of just a shouting retard.

It is true they took and fucked up a good character. The thing is, they fucked up every single character. The villians in particular. People like zod because he is the villian they fucked up least. They did a real axe job on the joker and lex for instances.

But people talk about him as if he's better than every MCU villain. When I think of Zod all I can remember is him shouting. He did nothing memorable.

Well, come on, we know there are at least some people here who will just claim everything about MoS was the best ever. Either due to autism, trolling, or autistic trolling.

You're not supposed to take it seriously.

If I spend like 10 years wandering the world, I'm damn well gonna settle where ever the hell is most convenient.

I actually thought Zod sucked and that anons are placing depth on him that wasn't actually presented in the film.

I feel pretty bad for Michael Shannon desu.

How is the planet he has to fight for more convenient than one no one is on?

Zod was just retarded. He could have terraformed Mars, and came to Earth to get Superman later (and still gained superpowers on Earth so they could all just overpower him).

Shannon as Osborn when?

>Zod was just retarded
>People who are evil and choose to be bad are retarded
Whaaat!?!?

Hai :)

Faora, Lex, Batman, Ares, Superman.

Nobody knows who Ultra Humanite is so how are toys gonna sell?

>Chekhov's gun
should have left it on the wall

>Don't mind me everybody. I'm just literally the only good villain in the MCU. Don't pay me no mind.

>How is the planet he has to fight for more convenient than one no one is on?

This is why snyderfags call you retard, it's been 4 years and you still can't understand the movie. They said it, the fundation has to be built on something, you can't use a dead planet.

To this day I still don't understand the point of the terraforming.

He didnt want to live in earth, he wanted Krypton Culture, Flora, Fauna and his way of life back.

it's established that he's fine with using violence as a means to an end when he initiates a direct confrontation with a trucker only to back out like a bitch then destroy his property while he's not looking

vandalism and cowardice are traits of the superman in snyder's vision

With a fucking Superman logo on the package, idiot.

'Member pacman?

Dr poison was good because i wanted to fuck her face wound

>good
That's generous. Michael SHanon is great but Jesus Fucking Goyer.

The very definition of terraforming is to make a dead planet livable. If they can't use a dead planet they aren't actually terraforming it.

Not a big fan of DCEU, outside of Wonder Woman, but I gotta admit, I liked Zod.

That's not Justin Hammer.
Not really, he sucked. Only villains I've liked so far in MCU have been Obadiah and Mandarin.

In a weird way so did Zod. He got Clark to kill him, another Kryptonian at that.

How exactly is that a win?
Also while he's not a villain he is the antagonist, and Batman won super hard.

I think the biggest problem wih Zod in MoS was that the movie completely skips the stretch of time that Superman should have spent getting to know his fellow Kryptonians and bonding with them. This would have made Superman's choice between Earth and Krypton much less of a no-brainer, and it would have given Zod a chance to chill out for a few scenes and interact with other characters like a normal person.

By going straight from "Kryptonians arrive on Earth" to "Zod provokes Superman into fighting almost immediately" the movie left absolutely no breathing room for the Zod character to take a break from fighting and screaming at people.

I love Micheal Shannon. The first trailer really made me want to see this movie

That would've been nice.
As it is the movie tries to make it seem like Clark is conflicted between Earth an Krypton when he's only known about Krypton existing for like, a month at the most.

Lmao I knew this was going to happen. I should have been less lenient.

Grant Ward
AIDA
Loki
Ego
Yellowjacket
Jaiying
Kingpin
Kilgrave
Cottonmouth
Winter Soldier

That list is all shit except for kingpin and kilgrave. The only good movie villain was Jeff bridges

Why make only one New Krypton rather than three? If his recent life experiences had taught him anything, it should have been the value of backups.

I'm gonna say something controversial:
Yellowjacket was a better Luthor than Eisenberg Luthor

Iron-Monger was dope 2bh

>I'm just literally the only good villain in the DCEU

Hey, that's 1 more than Mousevel has!

When will the MCU have a memorable villain?

>IP count stayed the same.

Patethic.

This.

>My soul...THAT IS WHAT YOU HAVE TAKEN FROM ME

Literally my first reply but ok. You're eyes must be getting tired and dazed always checking it.

your*

Lex was good

I liked Lex Luthor from BvS. The idea of this weirdo crazy silicon valley type going mad with power was pretty fun. But afaik, the movie lex was nothing like the comics lex (I googled him and apparently lex is supposes to resemble the Rock) so maybe that's why he got so much hate.

Everything you said about mars is wrong...

>so maybe that's why he got so much hate.

He got hate because he motivation changed in every scene while also simultaneously setting up an intricate multi-year plan in-between spurts of autistic screeching.

He was Jim Carrey's Riddler in nicer clothing.

Whole thread implying Ludendorff laughing with Dr. Poison isn't the best villain scene in the DCEU.

Well, he's a crazy person, right? I thought the whole point is that he's an unhinged guy with virtually infinite resources, so naturally he's all over the place.

>Jim Carrey's Riddler

Not familiar with that. Was he like Riddler in the Arkham games?

Jesse was the best Riddler we've gotten yet!

>plant identity-mines
>spends 1000s of years crafting plan
>fail miserably
>gets fucked by son who hardly knows his powers

It wasn't too bad but giving him so much power put the writer's in a compromising position. They shouldn't have made it such a priority to make him a timeless being or a celestial. And putting a tumor in his mom's head was overkill, it didn't even work in his favor so it was literally added just to make dumb people go what a tweest and give Peter false motivation to be against him.

>And putting a tumor in his mom's head was overkill, it didn't even work in his favor so it was literally added just to make dumb people go what a tweest and give Peter false motivation to be against him.

You missed the point. He did that to avoid going back to her.

WHOA WHOA WHOA M8

You can't use Ward, Kingpin, Jaiying, Kilgrave, AIDA, or Cottonmouth because they're not in the MCU.

Marvel Television has god tier villains, the MCU? They only have Loki.