This is the most morally reprehensible shit ever, how tf can the narrative try to paint it is as sympathetic?

This is the most morally reprehensible shit ever, how tf can the narrative try to paint it is as sympathetic?

She literally jeopardized the team, basically fucking raped Garnet, and lied about it all while Peridot is still on the loose. She's fucking Judas

Dumbest move the show ever pulled.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IAhozLQLF-U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't watch the show but isn't being a smug "perfect" cunt her character shtick?

Did they ever step back Pearl being the worst? Because between this and trying to kill Steven like five times she was getting pretty ireedeemable by the time I stopped watching.

Characters who don't make mistakes are boring. Characters who don't have motives that can conflict with other characters are boring. Why are you complaining about one of the best arcs in the show as if having things happen is a bad thing?

>She literally jeopardized the team
All she did was rebuild the spire and cause television to frazzle out some. Nothing else came of that.

I mean, in Season 1 it was but ever since Rose's Scabbard she's been more of the neurotic manic-depressive type. She's clingy, nostalgic, and legitimately dangerous.

She's also really insecure so she likes fusing with stronger people. Garnet fused with her to destroy this communication tower, and then she went back and rebuilt it several times to trick Garnet into fusing with her again and again, while blaming it on Peridot. She would have kept doing it if she didn't get caught.

youtube.com/watch?v=IAhozLQLF-U

Fusion isn't sex. It's more like borrowing someone's car, or eating someone's leftovers. She was being a jerk, but not that bad.

What? when did the show once back her side?
She got all the shit for that.
Stop talking about shows you don't watch its annoying man,

The problem is when the show refuses to make it relatable or sympathetic in the slightest

For example, I generally don't like Pearl but in Last One Out of Beach City I was rooting for her and felt for her 100%. Same with Rose's Scabbard or Back to the Barn.

This was just hard to watch and it amounted to fucking nothing except "Pearl is sad"

>ever since Rose's Scabbard she's been more of the neurotic manic-depressive type. She's clingy, nostalgic, and legitimately dangerous.
She got better after getting over her self-depreciation after her talk with Garnet, and then after the trip to Empire City with Greg.

The only time she was actually 'legitimately dangerous' was when she was trying to redeem herself with Garnet and kept making mistakes.

Pearl is legit fucked in the head.
She thinks of herself as a defective slave.
She stresses out about everything and is deeply obsessed with Rose to the point of madness.
Her problems are far worse then most human problems but that's what makes it interesting.

>Woman rapes another woman
>It's forgiven

>Guy at a dance club wants to dance with some sort of ugly fusion transvestite to make him/her/it feel special for one night
>Treated as utterly reprehensible

Being a regular guy sucks.

>The only time she was actually 'legitimately dangerous' was when she was trying to redeem herself with Garnet and kept making mistakes.

Have you forgotten so soon?

if people could be indicted for the things we almost did/thought about doing, we'd all be locked up

Why is this guy treated like the show's worst villain to the point Steven hates him even though all he did was just be a dick ?
Was it some kind of message on the writers part ?

Steven is the one who hates him because he was hitting on Stavonnie which in a way is like hitting on his girlfriend Connie which pissed him off.

The show itself treated as stupid and now worth giving a fuck about.
Connie told Steven getting angry at the guy was pointless and they should just forget about him.

I'm sorry to tell you this user, but fusion is sex.

He totally styled all over them and beat them in a race too. If highschool existed in the Steven Universe they'd never hear the end of it.

What's even worse is that they blatantly tried to paint it like "Oh. It's better because we told this story differently and we have 4 more episodes to prove it". Pretentious Hipster Bullshit.

>Have you forgotten so soon?
All three of the Gems were confused and distraught over the fact that Rose had just left them so recently, and couldn't get over the idea that Steven wasn't Rose.

Pearl thought about it. She made a motion to do it, but she didn't. You're honestly taking that scene and trying to turn it into something much worse.

The show is pretty bad about letting characters get away with heinous shit. Lapis tortures Jasper for months and doesn't even get called out for it, Pearl does this and shit like letting Steven almost die and gets off with shitty apologies, now BD who is a literal dictator seems like she might be heading towards redemption.

>If only life were like a cartoon where problems can be solved by the end of the episode!
>Problem gets solved at the end of three episodes instead

>try to paint it is as sympathetic
It doesn't

I have, what's this from again

Pearl thought about just taking Steven's gem out of him so that Rose could reform. This probably would have killed Steven (word of god says it definitely would kill him, but nobody in the show is 100% sure). I also want to point out that Garnet and Amethyst were ready to make no move to stop her while they watched her do it.

She did stop herself and ultimately decide not to, but it wasn't because she came to the conclusion "i can't go killing babies to get what I want" but because "muh rose wanted it this way and what muh rose wants, muh rose gets."

Though that's all beside the point of her place in the current arc because it takes place literally 14 years before the show even starts.

>Her problems are far worse then most human problems

Shut the hell up.

They're aliens. They react differently to shit. This is beaten repeatedly during the course of he show.

Steven is a sheltered mentally stunted child. He has child's sense of right and wrong.

Together it means everyone will react in extremes with Steven being more on the forgiving side.

These are some of the few plot details and story elements the writers actually bothered to flesh out. How are you missing them?

Garnet deserves to be raped
She's made out of two unstable midgets that literally can't even be one second separated from each other without freaking out
most toxic relationship in the whole show

Shit i never thought about that.
It does paint a bad image for kids and shit.
"once you get in a relation ship if you aren't together 24/7 its okay to freak out"

Time to rip multiple dudes at once.
You just described the typical depressed teenager from a first world country. Replace Rose with any other point of interest (Friends, Sex, Animu, Looks, Status) and boom y'got a high school kiddo. And considering this is a FIRST WORLD country I'm describing, imagine the many, many more teenagers, or any other human that outpopulate said first-world-countries.

While I agree that previous statement was bullshit, you arguing against it with an extreme does jack shit and makes you look like the dumbass.

They're stated to be aliens, but for their emotional, psychological, and culturual aspects they are very much fucking human. This is the major writer's propblem of calling something an alien, but for all intents and purposes their reskinned humans. They have a concept of genders with the "Shes" and "Hers". They are able to easily identify with humans. And don't bring up "The Crystal Gems are still strugling after being years on earth." They're dipshits. Peridot and Lapis? Brand spanking new and they're getting along on Earth in months what took the Crystal Gems millenia.

The only notable difference between "Humans" and "Gems" is cultural. There's the occasional "eww eating" or "what's pooping?" but that's a gag more than a point to build on.

Steven, also, did not participate in the local education system but he is by no means 'sheltered'. He goes all over town, he talks to the townies, and he gets into shit when people tell him he shouldn't get into shit. He does have a child's sense of right and wrong, true.

also there relationship ship pretty much began with "accidental sex" and then actually getting to know each other after becoming society rejects
worst romance ever, fuck sugar and her LGBTQXYZ pushing ass

Yeah i wish they handled fusion better. Like how you can rape and fuck over there life and still get away with it.
I also hate the pushing of gays in shows. Its good to show them and stuff but its not good to make everyone but like 4 people not gay.
It makes it seem like most people in the world are gay.

To give Pearl credit, Rose had been leading her on for decades, that tends to fuck up someone.

>decades

more like six thousand years

six thousand years of cuckoldry ending with her being shackled to raise Rose's son by another man

brutal

i am kinda shocked she did just shader her self or something

And hitting on Steven too, which makes him mad at Kevin for being such a fag.

Why are those people sleeping on the street?

Still a better love story than twilight.

>fusion is like having sex
>pearl lies about a particiular problem that needs to get solved with fusion
>they fuse more than once and each time it's fun
>literally rape!!!

gem rapists xD

>You just described the typical depressed teenager from a first world country.
Most depressed teenagers don't have to deal with PTSD from a war that left you stranded on a strange planet with all but two of your comrades dead or corrupted, followed by the love of your life turning into a small hybrid child.

>They're stated to be aliens, but for their emotional, psychological, and culturual aspects they are very much fucking human.
Fucking this. They don't react differently to anything outside the immediate obvious shit like a lack of need to eat or sleep (and even that's debatable - it's been shown that sustained exertion can get them tired enough to need sleep). Not that I necessarily think that's a negative.

>They're dipshits
To be fair to them, they didn't really give a shit until Steven was born.