Why did Scott have to stay at Lisa's sister's place when he could have just gone to Stephen's or Young Neil's or Kim's...

Why did Scott have to stay at Lisa's sister's place when he could have just gone to Stephen's or Young Neil's or Kim's house?

Becuase who cares, stop reading this hipster shit and find something better.

Because deep down inside, even Scott was tempted after Ramona hurt him

This was before he walked in on Ramona and the lesbian ex though, right?

You typed so fast in order to get all of those fpbp (you)s that you misspelled because

yes

I finally read the colourized version last week and I was kinda disappointed there was no epilogue added

He went to Lisa's sister house after he walked in on Ramona and her Lesbian Ex

Honestly, the ambiguity towards Scott and Ramona's future is what makes the ending so strong.

He also had the option of going to stay with his sister or something like that.

At the end though, he had her number and he knew she'd let him stay there. Worked out for him anyway, in the end.

Are the Scott Pilgrim novels worthy of all the praise it deserves?

I don't know why everyone shits on Scott so much. I consider myself a nice guy with a great girl but Im not sure I wouldnt have fucked Lisa in that situation.

yes, when you realize Scott Pilgrim has schizophrenia, the video game references are all in his head and hes actually horribly murdering Ramona's Ex-boyfriends in some twisted way to score points with her. She doesn't love him in the end but walks away with him out of self pity and a tiny bit of gratitude for killing her abusive boyfriend.

It's a pretty good coming of age story. Beyond that its basically subjective as to whether or not you personally relate to any of the characters.

What if I don't relate to any of the characters in a personal level?

Then you'll become one of the anons on Sup Forums who bitch about the book being hipster garbage

It's pretty solid. I think a solid amount of the hate comes from the fact that the comic has mainstream popularity and young readers and Tumblrites idolize the characters as these hip, cool characters.

That said, it's not a perfect series, and the final book felt a bit rushed honestly, but the series is an entertaining read and is a nice coming of age story with interesting characters.

I might do a story time of Scott pilgrim tonight when I get back to my house. Would anyone be interested? It's been a while since I've read them.

Nah.

It's still a book full of good waifus.

And honestly most of it isn't all that hipster ish. Most of it is kind of dated.

Well, he may not have fucked Lisa but he strung Knives on for a book and a half because he didn't have the courage to end the relationship with her. Not exactly great behavior.

I'd be interested in sharing my introduction to the series among fellow anons.

>Most of it is kind of dated.

Yeah, reading the books can sorta feel like a time capsule in a way. Flip phones, the fashion choices, etc. It's a very early 00's feel, even in the later novels.

controversial opinion: Julie is best girl to have long drawn out arguments with then equally long and drawn out makeup sex with

I'm interested. it's a fun read.

alright. I'll be home in about an hour and I'll see about getting it started.

>It's a very early 00's feel
Canadian post-punk/indie rock scene he nailed the atmosphere pretty damn good

What kinda sucked is that her character got the worst progression. She was a character who didn't tolerate Scott's bullshit in the first book, and O'Malley slowly made her into a massive bitch, out to fuck over Scott and his friends.

Alternatively, I think Kim got the best development. Knives, a close second.

Tell me more about this scene

parkdale toronto and plateau/mile-end hipsters to sum it up quickly

arcade fire and metric being the two largest bands of each city blowing up international

googleing around for some old vice stuff on the subject the now newspaper or the now defunct montreal mirror paper

Hey update on the storytime. I'm not going to be able to post anything tonight but i'm collecting the images before I go to sleep tonight. Watch out for it tomorrow.
Night, guys

ok. night.

Its fine. Strongest vol is probably #4 but you cant really make sense of it without reading the rest

Yeah, I'd say the peak was Volume 4. The characters all were pretty developed at that point, Scott & Ramona's relationship was probably at it's highest point, Scott starts pulling things together, the artwork was nice, and the story was overall pretty coherent.

5 was also pretty good, but I felt like 5 was really just the lead into the 6th volume.

Looking forward to it, SP story times are some of the comfiest

>Scott does something wrong
>All the anons in the thread call him a shit