Darth Vader #2 (June 21)
Poe Dameron Annual #1 (June 21)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=_q51LZ2HpbE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

vid.me/ZPot
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is she, /swco/?

Comfy thread?

What is she, /swco/?

The shield was never down, only weakened.

Hey guys! I've been out since february. What did I miss?

Kek
Aphra is all ethnicities at the same time

You missed the great Shieldgate.

Do you even OP

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season

>Battlefront 2 trailer

She's the ultimate minority inclusion character. Each and every minority represented, and the alt right doesn't get mad because she's also white.

I don't get it

HOLY SHIT! Final season?!

The shield is still visible after it supposedly went down. So it didn't really went down.

Which makes her the perfect waifu

Again, 10 years between TPM and AotC.
Obviously Palp could not be traced back to Maul.

I don't see your issue.

Which means? I haven't seen R1 yet.

what are you doing here mate

So the ultimate puzzle of Star Wars, and by extension the human Psyche- is what causes a double standard?

The prequels and the OT both have plenty of contrived writing, but only one group has these contrivances constantly mentioned.

Now, a PT hater might say "all the OT contrivances can be explained", but as shown in the last thread and so many before it, so can PT quibbles.

So WHY? WHY the double standard?

This is a very incomplete list, just typed it up from memory a few weeks ago.

The new movies should've done Aphras story
I like her 1000 times more than Rey

Reminder that Anakin never once went against the prophecy. Him turning to the dark side was part of bringing balance to the force since the corrupt Jedi had ruled for millenia. It was time to tip the scales.

HUGE SPOILERS FOR ROGUE ONE

Getting back into SW.

t. Sheev

This is in no way meant to discredit the PT or any sequels, but I felt like Star Wars (alone without any companion films) presents a galaxy that has incredibly advance technology, but not perfect technology.

The Millennium Falcon heading away from tatooine sets up a tense scene revolving around Han having to make precise calculations so that the ship doesn't crash into anything in hyperspace. This could also imply that hyperdrives maybe aren't as accurate as they would later be established in subsequent films so Han has to take EXTRA measure not to crash sense the ship is being rocked by laser fire.

Also, Star Wars by itself doesn't have Rogue One leading into it which means the circumstances involved around Ben getting the plans was a last ditch effort on Leia's part and not the plan from the get go.

I know this doesn't explain everything, but a lot of the contrivances with Episode IV stem from retcons as opposed to actual problems with the film itself.

this is so retarded, did this person watch the movie?

obviously they didn't want to deliver plans to Obi-Wan, they wanted to deliver them to Bail Organa

Ben doesn't kill himself, if he could defeat Vader he would have done that

stortrooper aim is just a classic bad guy goons aim in every movie ever filmed

Leia going ot Yavin, and no lifeforms aboard are stupid, yes.

Hyperspace lanes are a thing, you can't just jump around, especially not with such a massive station. We don't know how fast does the Death Star laser recharge, maybe it'd take longer to fire twice

you should start by watching star wars movies

>I know this doesn't explain everything
You're right, your post didn't even address anything in my image.
Rogue One has nothing to do with why the Leia mission is contrived.

I do not work for Sheev. I will prove this to you by explaining why Sheev had to go:

After a few decades of dark arts practice, it was time to tip again. The Sith rule was much shorter since Sheev was a lot more totalitarian compared to the Jedi Order, but it was necessary to make up for the lost time that the dark side had experienced under the Jedi rule.

Watch Rebels Season 3 and Rogue One, THEN come here - don't spoil your own enjoyment. Also read Thrawn, and catch up on the comics - is you start now, you may make it just in time for Luke and Aphra's wedding.

That last bit was a joke.

Post lewd.

>Kills all the Sith in the end just like obi wan said
Prophecy fulfilled

give victories please

*block your path*

I have seen all but that one (assuming TFA doesn't count). I want to start by getting the SW feel back, and to do that I feel like I need to bask in the aura of the community.

I'm 65% sure they're doing this on purpose so that, if she ends up in a live action spinoff movie down the road, they're not pegged into casting an actress of any specific race for the role.

>obviously they didn't want to deliver plans to Obi-Wan, they wanted to deliver them to Bail Organa
Has nothing to do with the point.

>Ben doesn't kill himself, if he could defeat Vader he would have done that
He could have very easily backed up onto the ship.

>Hyperspace lanes are a thing
Never stated in the movie.

This is about QUALITY of filmmaking, not later additions to the universe by other people.

You mentioned the Death Star not coming out of hyperspace in a good position to fire on Yavin IV.

I explained why that wasn't a mistake in Star Wars by itself, but now clearly is since sequels have essentially changed how hyperspace travel works.

>Not knowing that the dark side is an unbalance in the force
George said so!

Not a Sith, neither is Kylo Ren, ergo the prophecy does not apply to them

>I explained why that wasn't a mistake in Star Wars by itself
No, no you didn't.
This is exactly what I mean.

Unironically this

>inb4 Snoke isn't a Sith

It's true - he's not - but he and Kylo fulfill the exact same narrative and thematic purpose of the Sith, which makes the prophecy worthless anyway. If the prophecy was just about the downfall of one specific order of dark siders, then why was it even worth noting? It's obvious the original intent in the prequels was to have ROTJ be the decisive conclusion to the saga via the prophecy, and any sequel was going to collide head-on with that intent no matter what they did.

Which is part of why the whole prophecy subplot should have never been included.

Then what was the point of the prophecy? Dark Side people are still out fucking shit up.

Ezra is a confirmed buttslut

>"Spies"
>People that storm a tower during a battle, kill anyone in their way, and broadcast a signal in broad daylight are "spies."

Is s3 finale as good as s2's?

Did you even read what I wrote?

I said the scene in STAR WARS where Han is getting ready to jump into hyperspace is a tense scene where it is established that hyperspace travel takes a lot of time and calculations. You can only take certain paths through space. This means that the Death Star may very well not have been able to exit hyperspace anywhere else other than exactly where it did.

This has basically been changed since TFA and later R1 because people just throw themselves into hyperspace willy-nilly and always come out okay.

>any sequel was going to collide head-on with that intent no matter what they did.

Well, the original EU had total non-force-users as the big bad guy post-ROTJ.

>but now clearly is since sequels have essentially changed how hyperspace travel works
It's not even new, watch the TCW arc with Aayla and the pacifist lemurs, where they jump into Hyperspace from the atmosphere.
Also the death Star is thousands of times more massive than any ship, the limitations are much higher.

A prophecy, misread may be

>It's not even new, watch the TCW arc with Aayla and the pacifist lemurs, where they jump into Hyperspace from the atmosphere.

user, STAR WARS came out in 1977. Clone Wars cartoon IS new.

Two things: Lucas had no intentions of making sequels after ROTJ, or at the very least he wasn't thinking about those when he introduced the whole prophecy business
Secondly, and far more importantly, while LF are making steps to widen it up a little now even in-universe if your a Force sensitive with or without a Lightsaber the natural assumption is you are either a Jedi or a Sith. The Jedi and the Sith are the two largest Force using groups in Star Wars, a prophecy that says one of those two philosophies will be destroyed is well worth noting, especially for Jedi as their order has been fighting the Sith for generations

I always felt like that line was included because George Lucas basically realized that the way he was defining the word "balance" isn't how anyone else would describe it.

You can't destroy the Dark Side anymore than you can destroy a certain part of the ocean or kill a path up the mountain
They had an entire arc in season 6 of The Clone Wars of Yoda confronting that fact

Implying I watch cartoons.

It's not, I have a feeling that it will be considered the high point of the show

The prophecy is fucking pointless and adds nothing to the story anyway. The audience already knew what was going to happen in Return of the Jedi. It's not like saying Anakin was the Chosen One and then having him turn his back on the Jedi was a twist ending.

Pretty sure similar stories have turned up in the comics too, and if you haven't read those then I genuinely wonder why you're here
And besides, my point is you can't defeat the Dark Side, only accept that it exists and then refuse to surrender to it

Don't move the goalposts. According to you, risky hyperspace jumps were introduced by the sequels, when in reality it happened years before the sequels.

George said you can so fuck off nerd!

You said it's nothing new. I saying the point it was introduced is closer to now than the beginning meaning that your example is new too.

Regardless of what you watch or not, The Clone Wars is just as canon as the movies and is therefore an entirely valid source for backing up arguments. George used the show to tell the things that he couldn't in just three PT movies.

>which makes the prophecy worthless anyway

Not actually.

>If the prophecy was just about the downfall of one specific order of dark siders, then why was it even worth noting?

It wasn't. It was about eliminating what was behind putting the force out of balance, which just so happened to be the Sith. The entire point of destroying the Sith was because they were the ones using an apparatus to intentionally throw the Force out of balance to give them an enormous well to draw power from. When the Sith were destroyed, said apparatus was therein not being used to keep the Force out of balance. And what'smore, the aforementioned apparatus was, by Darth Sidious' design, destroyed in the event of his death.

What remains of said apparatus, now in the hands of Snoke, has come nowhere even as close to what the Sith had done to throw the force out of balance.

> It's obvious the original intent in the prequels was to have ROTJ be the decisive conclusion to the saga via the prophecy
Agreed.

>and any sequel was going to collide head-on with that intent no matter what they did.
Not necessarily. You can have a Star Wars movie and not have a galactic wide threat or arc. There were countless small scale interplanetary wars all the time. You could take any of those and make a movie out of one.

>Has nothing to do with the point.
it has everything to do with the point saying that they've sent plans to ex military leader with a bounty on his head instead of the alliance leadership

>He could have very easily backed up onto the ship.
lol, sure he could just slowly walk backwards past that line of troopers

>Never stated in the movie.
never stated in the movie that you can just jump around, quite the opposite, it's said that it's extremely hard and dangerous to navigate in hyperspace

The year is 2017.

Star Wars began in 1977.

If you break that into thirds anything between 1977 and 1990 would be "old"

1991 to 2004 would be middle.

2005 to 2017 would be new.

Because he doesn't know how to write well.

If you need a cartoon to explain the gaps in your movies, then that means your movies don't stand up on their own.

He's Frank now

>The Clone Wars is just as canon
No it isn't, it wasn't written by George

>we're still arguing about the fucking shield gate

When Palpatine dies, just throw him in the trash.

Go back to /r/prequelmemes

Because people refuse to admit that it was weakened but never went down completely.

It is canon, it just shows how awful Lucas is at crafting a movie in that he needs multiple seasons of a cartoon to fill in the gaps of his films.

I'd vote for a guy named Frank. I could have space beer with a guy named Frank, if I'm being frank

>It is canon
Only to awful smelly nerds, not to adults who knows that cartoons are for kids.

>the cartoon that has hundreds of episodes filled in characters better than three movies
>Shows how awful lucas is

(you) must be baiting

>single movies in an ongoing series don't hold up if you take them out of the series
stop the presses

>Lucas utilizing a superior storytelling medium means he is bad at making movies
???

>>the cartoon that has hundreds of episodes filled in characters better than three movies
>>Shows how awful lucas is

I didn't say the cartoon did a "better" job.

I said the cartoons are necessary to fill in blanks from the movies.

Sifo-Dyas was dropped and needed to be filled in later for example.

If the cartoons had been released WITH the movies, that would have been one thing, but they weren't. They were an afterthought once Lucas was doing episode III because he realized he filled episodes I and II with nonsense that wasn't necessary and ran out of literal time unless he wanted to make episode III three hours long.

Good job ignoring my argument, replacing it with a different argument, and then saying my conclusion doesn't match your new argument.

>It's a "Sup Forums poster gleefully boasting that the cartoons are non-canon shit for babbies, and everyone still responds" episode
Huh, its been a while since I saw this one

At no point it is said in the movies that you can't enter or exit the hyperspace from the atmosphere. Only that you need precise calculations for a successful trip, otherwise you risk exiting too close or even inside of a star of another celestial body. 99% of the time pilots enter and exit the hyperspace at safe distances from massive objects according to precise calculations. But in TCW they initiated the jump by accident, almost ending up flying into a sun and eventually crushing on a planet at a random location. In R1 they took the risk, because there was no time to complete the calculations - better to POSSIBLY be stranded in deep space or crushed by a supernova than CERTAINLY be crushed by the debris. I forgot what happened in TFA, but I presume they took a huge risk jumping into the atmosphere, it payed off but it could have not.

Jesus christ, you can actually feel the pure unrefined autism through the screen.

TJ, get out of here

Sifo Dias was not a major mystery that absolutely had to be answered in the movies user.

I'm sure theres stuff left out/unresolved from the OT too that weren't necessary.

Lucas got around to wrapping up the mystery eventually, and unless you're a turboautist that thinks Cartoons don't count, you should be fine with it. Not using this to retroactively bash Lucas for not concluding the mystery in 2005.

Lucas always treated the franchise as a series of serials anyways

does the last act of A New Hope take place in real time? the whole movie is paced so well that it almost feels like it

>trench run
>Luke is the last X-Wing left
>Vader and 2 other TIE Fighters on his ass
>Artoo gets hit
>"use the Force, Luke. Let go."
>"you've turned off your targeting computer, what's wrong?"
>Vader about to shoot down Luke
>Han and Chewie to the rescue
>Vader get BTFO
>"you're all clear kid, now let's blow this thing and go home"
>Luke fires, missiles go up the Death Star's anus
>Tarkin orders the DS to fire on Yavin
>BOOM

>mfw that entire sequence of events happens in 22 fucking seconds

IMO regardless of what you think of the prequels, George Lucas gets a free pass for life having made A New Hope. That movie is so fucking good I almost can't wrap my head around it. It's like when you realize that The Beatles released their first album and broke up in the span of seven years. Everything they ever did was done in seven fucking years. Madness.

>the cartoons exist to expand on characters that they couldn't put in the movie

what a fucking shocker, in other news, water is wet, and killing yourself is a solution

This program is known to be rather unreliable by itself sometimes. And it's supposed to analyze photographs, not drawings and low-res 3D models, so it's even less accurate in this instance.

Of course, how Aphra is drawn varies from artist to artist, but that she has Asian features is a common occurrence in most artstyles (and, if I'm not mistake, was confirmed by someone in LSG). So that she is at least partially Asian is out of the question.

vid.me/ZPot

has anyone seen this? the ending is funny but Lucas talking about coming up with ideas for future films with Kathy is interesting. It's from 2012 though so I don't know if that was before or after they decided to not use his ideas (according to the Art of TFA they already had the main beats to TFA's story outlined by the end of 2012 but I don't know when exactly in 2012 he said this)

In that latest Maul issue, why did the Trandoshans have digitigrade legs?

Oh shit, Vader will be coming back in Doctor Aphra #12.

He's not going to finish the job, r-right?
Filoni isn't involved in this in any way, right?

Artist probably saw TCW Trandoshans and likely did what he thought was a 'realistic' take since TCW style was deliberately cartoony. Probably didn't even bother to look at TESB archive images of Bossk.

NO STOP YOU MONSTER
SHE IS OUT OF YOUR REACH

GET OUT

????
What does that have to do with the post you replied to?

Also, I always thought that Lucas (or Williams) missed a trick by not having the music swell/get excited when they cut to the Millenium Falcon in from of the sun.

*in front