How come its Carol Danvers but not Jane Foster the female face of Marvel given the latter sells better than the former?

How come its Carol Danvers but not Jane Foster the female face of Marvel given the latter sells better than the former?

Because Hershlag isn't returning for more MCU movies

You mean whoever the fuck Kat Dennings plays. I'm hoping they'll go with her if they do a female Thor movie.

throg>thorse>doc ock in thor's body>femthor>thor

They should just have Kat Dennings replace Natalie Portman as Jane. Have her explain on-screen that Darcy has left for good and now it's just her, it's just Jane, only with Darcy's actress. Just do it straight up and with a straight face. Nobody would mind and it would probably be an improvement.

Plus you could easily make Kat Dennings Whor. She's easy to picture in that outfit with Mjolnir, isn't she?

Because Carol is a far more interesting and compelling character.

If so why does Whor sells more than her?

>She's easy to picture in that outfit with Mjolnir, isn't she?
>Her transformation has no special effects, she just takes off the several layers of sweaters she wore so as not to outshine Portman's body in every way.
I would certainly just go with it.

Why you posted that pic OP?

She isn't Jane Foster, she is the superior Rule 63 Thor.

Because they want a lady hero who isn't an extension of a dude hero for movies and casuals don't know about Mar-vell.

Why they didn't just gender swaped Thor?

Would She-Thor be a big lady? Thor's a pretty big dude.

Thorse>Thor>Throg>Thorstagg>Whor

you literally can't prove me wrong

>Femininity Crisis
I'd legit read that.

He was turned into a girl like twice

The first pic is big where it matters. The second has enough muscles, look at her arms.

Try reading Mantra

You never read?

It was a crazy ride. Pic related was my favorite issue.

It's a real series someone made? I thought it was just like a parody cover

it would be awesome if they ever did the myth story where Thor had to disguise himself as a woman and wear a wedding dress. He makes a manly woman

Because Jane Foster is a deep character, with an interesting story that does not constantly push a fucking agenda that WE ALL KNOW about already.
Carol Davers is more force fed bullshit because Marvel thinks she needs to be the face of something THAT EVERYONE ALREADY FUCKING KNOWS ABOUT.
Their attempt at a Wonder Woman character will fail, as will her movie.

>step 1: capture Captain America
>step 2: turn him into a sexy woman
>step 3: brainwash him into total obedience
>step 4: send your Captain America sleeper agent slut to seduce the president
>step 5: assassinate the president
>step 6: ??????
>step 7: Destroy America!

God damn it Skullsy, maybe just get like, a rifle or something.

>he doesn't know

Well, yeah. That's why I asked.

Because the entire point of the endeavor is to have a standalone strong female protagonist that is neither "the girl on the team" or a derivative of a male character. And while both Carl and Jane count as the latter, they can more easily retcon Mar-vell out of existence than they can Thor Odinson.

And they will, if they haven't started to do so already.

You know, just putting some honest thought into it, I can see the appeal of Rule 63 Thor. By extension, I can see why people might like Whor. There's something undeniably appealing about a big blond girl who can wreck everything in her path with a hammer. If you're going to genderswap one of Marvel's trinity, Thor's probably the best bet.

I just wish the way the'd gone about it hadn't been such a travesty. Like others said, I'd rather have had Thor Odinson just get genderswapped. It happened to Loki in Straczynski's run, surely they could contrive a way for it to happen to Thor. Especially because gender stuff in Norse myth can get a little weird.