JSA Storytime: Squadron Supreme

Good evening owls,

The duality of Hyperion: top husbando vs. total dickbag

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.com/redeem
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And diaper fetishist hidden in plain sight.

Boomer vs. Whizzer: go

okay, "The Clash", Bollix, and Sid

GRUUUUUU

Anything is better than Whizzer.

LEGO Marvel Avengers is on sale and i'm probably gonna get it

...why?

Whizzer+yellow costume=inherently /d/

Hello, Storyteller.

So, um, I would just like to apologize for my behavior yesterday. I said I would make an effort to be less of an ass, and last night, I failed to live up to that promise. I'm sorry. I imagine I don't have many more chances left before you all throw up your hands and tell me to fuck off, and I wouldn't blame you.

I bought the Lega Batman 3 last time this sale went on, and it was pretty good. Lots of silly little cameos

Neither. The Blur.

>I imagine I don't have many more chances left before you all throw up your hands and tell me to fuck off, and I wouldn't blame you.
that's never worked before anyway

we're just happy you're trying now, cranky

Even with all my already documented complaints, I still got 39 hours out of it (20 of which were in local co-op, though).

dumb fun + Thunderbolts DLC included

That is a very enjoyable game

I still need to beat Lego Batman 3.

this is fucked up

Dude you didn't rant on for 10 hours at least, so it's an improvement. And an anonymous environment is as non-judgemental as any can be; you just drop the argument and post about something else and it's forgotten entirely.

Don't sweat it and don't get shaken up about it. You recognise an unhealthy behaviour, good, but be easy with yourself too.

you say this as if anyone can actually leave this place

Busiek is writing for the next Lego Marvel game IIRC.

And didja see the new Tom Scioli thing, OP?

how are you strigiformes enthusiasts tonight?

H-hot

that first panel oh my god

noooo what's he doing now?

I remember when I thought "you're here forever" was a joke. RIP life, RIP productivity.

inorite?

speaking of which, after tonight we'll be back Tuesday because I got a string of shifts

This thing:

twitter.com/tomscioli/status/877150045329608704

still a part of that Sup Forums superhero zine
things have been interesting so far

Oh yes, beat up the guy who's brainwashed so he can't fight back. Real class acts, our heroes.

I don't want to be that guy anymore.

I honestly don't know why I get so damn angry over crossovers. Probably has to do with Super Smash Bros. I've seen proper horrors in that sphere.

I know Arcanna is supposed to be Zatanna but apart from her powers she has a lot more in common with Black Canary. When I first read this I hadn't yet read any satellite era JLA so I'm noticing this now for the first time.

Oh my god that hair

self-awareness is the first step to realization

I could never get into Smash Bros, it was just entirely too frenetic

Quagmire looking as edgy as ever while being a "good" guy is great. Eagle just needs to relax and take his shirt off, the exposed chest is confusing him.

also it's FUCKING HOT here in the way you really notice when you're a bicycle commuter

That cover is almost a Byrne homage. (I don't know the timeline but it might predate the supes cover I''m thinking about)

Whizzer was Wanda and Pietros dad once!

Who hasn't been?

Hyperion not abridging Menace's freedom is the best BTFO LIBERTARIANS I've seen in ages lol

We need that Hyperion/John Walker team up at some point.

I really do wonder what made Gruenwald make a Doom expy for a JLA expy story

"I FUCKED HIM!"

Press F to pay respects to Hyperion's eyes.

He's a Lex Luthor expy, he just has some Doom elements.

Someone on Twitter said that John Walker having a gay relationship (be he gay or bi) would be way more interesting than Stucky and I 1000% agree

No joke you really feel the CCA shackles on this book.

He has a LOT of Doom elements

Oh wait did I actually hit send on that

Well stand by it

I mean it'd take the right writer and person, but it'd be a zillion times more interesting than Stucky

Count yourself lucky. I usually make it a point to never bash fan bases, since we're all fans of something, and say and do things we ain't proud of. However, Smash fans? Fuck em. Judging entire franchises solely on representation in Smash. Things only matter if they have something to do with Smash, and even then it's dependant on tiers. Granted, this is probably just Sup Forums, but still, fuck em.

Maybe it's just because the concept is "JLA in the Marvel U" and Doom is Marvel's biggest villain, so it makes thematic sense.

Though of course in practice it's more like "royalty-free JLA with slight Marvel universe connections"

Also because he's usually been Mr. Too Devoted To Work For Romance, it'd be something to see him starry-eyed about it, you know?

Bucky is the least interesting Cap supporting character.

holy shit

lower case f

They want him to be a lead but can't even get close to figuring out an angle for it while Steve also exists

God I love this entire sequence.

I saw Ultimates managed to prompt the Ego/Galactus ship even outside this degenerate shithole.

ha ha get ready for tragedy

The Feels are too real in this one.

I clearly have to read that now, yes

>They want him to be a lead but can't even get close to figuring out an angle for it while Steve also exists
obviously the angle should be that they're boyfriends who own a coffeeshop :)

What dumb thing do you think Marvel will announce tomorrow?

I just want them to make it and let it bomb, now

Man on the Wall was fine! He does dirty shit Cap can't. He's Wolverine to Cap's Cyclops. it shouldn't be that hard!

and/or just have him as supporting cast somewhere

what the fuck was that CHANGE COMICS FOREVER stuff today???

As much as I like Ewing tripping on the New Universe stuff it actually feels like it'd be a stronger book were it entirely about Galactus. That's where we were aimed from the start and events have sidetracked from it.

can Man on the Wall carry a solo?

the tricky part of course is trying to guess what Marvel might consider a big deal and not necessarily what might be one

still fucked up

I'm still pretty meh on newuniversal shenanigans, really

that had me rolling.

i think it depends on the definition of carry a solo? i mean you know right writers/artists and whatnot.

actually it's kinda what Ultimates is doing. man i coulda had Ewing Bucky

Bucky can't and Nick Fury can't so I'm guessing no

Can he keep a book that isn't not only relaunched but profoundly repitched every time

also legal free shit, idk if anyone cares:

>Get a FREE #XMen ResurrXion digital comics bundle today through tomorrow and start a New Era of X! Use code ICEMAN: marvel.com/redeem

That just lends further support to the USAgent > Bucky angle desu. IDK I kinda agree that the other Cap cast do have an inbuilt angle or enough comic book history to build one. Bucky got his story and now he just hangs around.

d-dat...

I mean, relaunches are normative Marvel, but going from Winter Soldier spy stuff to Ales Kot's juvenile philosophy space book to "Bucky and Kobik and those other losers" is a failure of concept to stick

>shipping
Ugh. I wish shipping would just go away. I have no idea why people get so obsessed over wanting specific fictional characters to fuck each other. And the hell of it is, like VS-fags, that one aspect, which is almost never a part of the work itself, is all they fucking care about.

And they usually only care about the actual characters for superficial reasons like design or back story. If I was a creator, and I saw that people were boiling down my work to a dating sim, I might just kill myself. Fuck that.

honestly I don't know if there's that much of a market for spy stuff, I feel like Grayson only sold because of Dick rather than concept

like do they mean publishing wise or story wise or what?

i saw someone make a joke about how Marvel is running for office with how vague their talk is

yeah and I don't really know who/what to blame for that?

a Natasha and Bucky book might be Marvel's best move if they wanna keep trying to make those two characters happen actually.

I think it's there but it's small.

LoSH dating sim when. WHEN DC.

how is this book so full of feels

The fuck is LoSH?

my kingdom for Dreamy

how did you get here senpai

Its initial sales were definitely from the Bat branding but I think after awhile people were picking it up from word-of-mouth.

Legion of Sex-Havers

oh shit guys we have a n00b

>he doesn't know

I saw that someone was storytiming something instead of whining about a movie so I decided to join in, why?

legion of slutty husbandos

That fucking costume, Jesus fucking Christ.

HI user!

We've been reading comics together for a really long time now. We like to talk about comics.

ya know it's some garbage the dude from the nudist planet didn't get a slutty 70s costume

it's just funny because OP has run literally all of LoSH before

comics are good

that is the best Cosmic Boy costume ever

obviously he was just rebelling against his culture by covering up

Quagmire has the best design out of the villains here.

Disco Legion best Legion

That still doesn't explain what LoSH is.

Storyteller, keep it together. Remember, the flesh is weak, but the mind is strong.

... Legion of Super-Heroes. Team of heroes from the future.

Seriously? This is why I can't help but see us as the hipster club, we're the only ones who seem to know shit.