Why was there so much torture and murder in this family movie?

>main character brutally tortured while listening to his wife and children be shot at with cruise missiles
>main character hides behind the bodies of his dead friends

It was darker than anything in Avengers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HTxrT2dCNLA
youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc
youtube.com/watch?v=IaCjLOe55UY
youtube.com/watch?v=8yZpCPtmYJI
youtube.com/watch?v=LAh7onp0bCo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck yeah it was. The movie had a surprising number of henchmen that ate it as well as heroes. They literally had a hero (a teenage girl) get sucked into a jet turbine and mutilated.

The Incredibles is probably in my top five cape films simply because it managed to earn a PG rating and pull off half the shit it does. And that's not mentioning the world-building, costume design, music, setting, and characterization. The Incredibles was the best Fantastic Four movie I've ever seen.
>2nd Favorite is Fantastic Four (2005) and its sequel. Both were fun movies that don't deserve the hatred they tend to get.

Also, Mr. Incredible was a fucking beast and even when he's been out of shape/practice for a decade and still managed to destroy the Omnidroid after it had literally worked it's way through teh Super roster and you have a bonafide badass. His abilities are also pretty rad.
>Super-strength.
>Super-reflexes.
>Super-speed (to an extent, he's fast).
>Super-durability
>Super-endurance
>And "Danger Sense".
>And at least years worth of combat experience against psychos and caped baddies that could wreck most police forces.
youtube.com/watch?v=HTxrT2dCNLA

> 2nd favorite cape movie is Fantastic Four (2005)

I like you, user.

And you seem like a pretty schway user as well. I have no idea why the prior Fantastic Four movies were shit on as much as they are. The most recent Fantastic Four movie was goddamn embarassing. Everything up until they get their powers was well done (in my opinion) but afterward the movie falls apart. When the movie let out and I realized I had spent less than two hours in that theater, I have never felt so ripped off in my life. Never before have I felt so unsatisfied after leaving a film. It needed a solid 30 minutes added at least for it to be considered even passable. I would rather watch the unreleased fantastic four flick five times over than watch the most recent abomination as single time.
>It felt like the movie was split into two distinct halves that felt entirerly different from one another.
>Felt the same in the movie Hancock.
>Some movies can pull off that tonal shift successfully, like the movie The Frightners, but this movie failed like the Challenger.
>I liked the cast. I even liked the plot for the most part (Reed escaping in the vents was great), but in spite of this the movie was still trash.

2nd favorite Fantastic Four movie I could buy into.
Second favorite Superhero movie period?
Please don't be serious.

Electric shocks aren't what I would consider "brutal torture".

>2nd favorite Fantastic Four movie I could buy into.
Bingo. By no means is it in my top five or top ten for that matter, but I thought it was a great Fantastic Four movie.

That's why it's the GOAT Pixar film.

It probably would've killed anyone else.

because youre stupid?

Because that's some pretty weak shit compared to other forms of torture

It's objectively the best cape film in existence, it's just not seen in that glory because it's animated

Don't forget to mention that guy who got raped in the alleyway.

What did you want them to do, flay the skin off his foot and force him to eat soup made from it? Electrocution fucking hurts.

Not to mentioned how much people got murder thanks to syndrome plan and it probably wasn't quick either they got slowly killed by the adapting murder machine

The Incredibles was the worst movie that Pixar ever made.

I just love how this movie hits the spot between lighthearted and dark JUST RIGHT.

I know this is bait but my curiosity won't let me stop. explain what's wrong with it

Why would anyone say this with Cars/2. Hell, how bland was The Good Dinosaur? Does anyone remember that movie?

You're the worst human being ever made, your point?

No but seriously you are some fucking failed human being if you think The Incredibles is worse than fucking Cars you are an abject failure as a sapient lifeform

You know you're not going to get one

Because before iPhones and social media and pussification took over around 2007, kids weren't pussies. We could handle it.

Another movie from around the same time as The Incredibles, Osmosis Jones, features so much adult jokes, innuendo, and dark moments. Such as "Holy spit" and "Up spit creek without a paddle", Ozzy calling Drix "cherry assman", a statue of sperm saying "Our Founder", the Kid Rock song where he says "Young ladies, young ladies I like em underage see, some say that's statutory / But I say it's mandatory", the rain being shaped like sperm, the uvula joke, characters being brutally murdered by Thrax, etc.

So there were definitely established super villains in the Incredibles universe during Mr. Incredibles heyday and we know this since we were introduced to Bomb-Voyeuge at the very beginning of the film. It's pretty safe to assume that their were plenty of other villains, some likely to be just as powerful as their hero counterparts (unlike Bomb-Voyeuge). So what happened to them, and where did they go after heroes were outlawed? Was this ever addressed?

IDK to jail?

Either that or the grave

there were a lot of heroes that had crazy strong powers that could've been easily used to break out of any type of containment blocks, so why wouldn't there be villains that had the same caliber of power?

Well lets hope we don't cover him!

I have yet to see a movie that can pull of this tone as effortlessly as this movie did. I swear it's an art to getting tone just right.

Megamind came close but it still wasn't as in your face with the violence as Incredibles was.
>The scene where Titan destroys that tanker in the tunnel was pretty dark.

Tighten*

This is just headcanon. But given the high level of cooperation between the govt and heroes, I think it's safe to say that the strongest villlains were straight up killed. Remember, the only villain we actually see is "Bomb Boyage", a supervillain whose powers are...making bombs and speaking French. There are at least 5 million real-life Muslims who fit that description. I'm sure the government took care of those guys.

The fact that the premise of Incredibles is that society voluntarily turns its back on superheroes implies that there are no more supervillains. If real supervillains don't exist, then superheroes are just assholes who cause tons of property damage to solve minor crimes.

yeah these are most likely, considering that this movie had no problems with killing dozens of hero characters, it definitely wouldn't have any about a villain genocide

Yeah, I remember the henchman in the flying disks fucking crashed in a fiery explosions.

>Never forget that this universe is completely fine with the heroes killing the villains

>Young ladies, young ladies I like em underage see, some say that's statutory / But I say it's mandatory"
was this ever played on hit radio or was it just an album "goodie"

Not movie-material, but in one of the comics, one of elastigirl's rivals/nemesis also moved on to a normal family life but turned back into crime and made a very elaborate plan to fight the incredibles after the hero/villain ban.

Not to mention extreme heat resistance, considering how close he was to the lava without being affected at all, and that he was grabbed by two glowing red hot metal hands.

>I know this is bait but I'm going to treat it like a sincere post anyway
Everything wrong with Sup Forums.

Is that Ben Garrison mixed with Dale from King of the hill?

>2nd Favorite is Fantastic Four (2005) and its sequel. Both were fun movies that don't deserve the hatred they tend to get.

how is it possible to follow up such a great opening paragraph with this shit?

Cause it's the only way Brad Bird can get any drama into his stories.

That being said, the incredibles is the only film of his worth noting, so he did something right that time.

Autism

Go stick a fork into a an electrical outlet.

Iron Giant

overrated. And unrealistic.

>overrated
Meaning "more popular than I think it should be". A non-judgment from a contrarian hipster.

>unrealistic
As compared to?

>that scene where he finds out about all the superheroes that have been killed by Syndrome
That was so fucking cool, it's so rare for a villain to feel like an actual threat.

What?

i already know what kind of person you are. The fact that you think that it's not overrated is problematic to the proper discussion of films, writing and etc.

go watch the original transformers and tell me its not unrealistic

I bet there were at least some heros who didn't want a normal life & I bet the gov keeps them around secretly like superman in TDKR, they'd probably deal with new/rogue super villains.

>The Incredibles proves that it's possible to write a subtle, mature, original superhero movie that makes money hand over fist
>Thirteen years after it came out we have the fucking MCU and DCU

What went so terribly, terribly wrong?

They were part of the early attempt by FOX to capitalize on all the marvel licenses they had and they were perfectly fine summer blockbusters I always thought.

They just never managed to hit the hopes of the fans not really blow away the normies like Iron Man did

The Incredibles also prove a family of superheroes can be entertaining.

So why has every FF movie been trash so far?

That too.

Why didn't the omnidroid just spin his grabbers here?

Omnidroids are dumb and need to learn.

user saw too many cartoons where electrocution was portrayed as a slapstick, spasming bodies and see through skeletons may look funny, but it's an awful experience, it's often used in cartoons because it doesn't leave permanent damage

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc

Fire or freeze would leave burns.

You could make the case that teenagers are more sensitive these days, but kids these days aren't any more or less touchy than they were 30 years ago - the media just seems to treat them like that for some reason, I don't know why.

Kids these days have access to videos of people getting their heads chopped off in Syria, disgusting boils getting popped and horrific dentistry on their Facebook feeds, and all sorts of horrible things your grampappy at that age would've puked at - but give him access to that for a little while longer, and he'll just cringe and laugh with the rest of them at the maggots eating away some Bangladeshi woman's foot - kids are resilient, flexible to change.

What teens and adults are like changes from place to place, generation to generation.

Kids are kids - they're always like that, wherever you go - little demons.

Bringing out "overrated" and "problematic" already, big boy?

I already know what kind of person you are. Baiter.

better Watchmen movie than Watchmen

This is just a stupid comment this film has almost no similarities to watchmen other then superheroes being banned. The themes, tone and story are not at all similar.

Some rich douchebag keeps killing off superheroes and is plotting to unleash a gigantic tentacle monster onto a large city, though in Syndrome's case, it's to stage his own grand entrance as a superhero rather then trick the governments of the world into ending the cold war.

>problematic

kys

>a supervillain whose powers are...making bombs and speaking French. There are at least 5 million real-life Muslims who fit that description.

Kek

>Cars
>Cars 2
>Good Dinosaur
>Coco (probably)

You have shit taste, user

Because it was written well enough to get away with it.

The Incredibles is by far the best superhero movie ever made.

So what's your 2nd favorite Fantastic Four movie?

>hating on a movie before it's released

how do you know it's going to suck?

Why didn't the omnidroid just called the eagles to toss Mr. Incredible into the lava?

Just rewatched Jack Jack Attack.
>I would have shit myself if I was Kari.
>Even with my years of comic book experience and familiarity with superpowers I would have been losing my goddamn mind
youtube.com/watch?v=IaCjLOe55UY

You are more than welcome to attach some jumper cables and a car battery to your nipples, see what it feels like

"In a stunning turn of events, a superhero is being SUED for saving the life of a man who apparently "did not want to be saved"."

Up exists
The entire Cars Franchise exists
That dinosaur movie that tanked still exists
Fuking Brave exists

Here, take your (you)

The hell you on about? Have you ever been in a room with someone with an actual honest to god taser. Not that bullshit they sell you where you fire the prongs. The one similar to the the one in Batman Returns. The sound it makes could tighten the sphincters of even the most hardened badass. I took just a few seconds in the thigh and I've never felt so helpless in my life.

FUCKING FOUND IT!
youtube.com/watch?v=8yZpCPtmYJI

You guys ever seen the original opening?

youtube.com/watch?v=LAh7onp0bCo

>up.
>bad.

true for fantasy cartoons, at least. Guess it's a hell of a lot worse in real life.

I can't see the sequel being as good as the first one. The realization that all of the supes were killed in the process of developing Syndrome's superweapon was horrifying.

Now all the supes are dead except for the family and Frozone.

Supposedly the reason why Brad Bird waited so long to make a sequel was that he was trying to work out a worthy story in his head. With any luck he actually figured something out and didn't just give up and churn out some garbage when Pixar offered money to get a sequel done.

In any case the point of the movie, in his eyes, is not the superhero stuff. That's all incidental. He's more interested in the intersection between mundane family stuff and crazy hero hijinx. So he wouldn't have wanted to make some shit about the other heroes anyway, he's more interested in keeping it about the domestic Parr family and their struggles with superheroing then turning it into some kind of expanded lore universe. Incidentally anyone holding out for Gamma Jack to make a return or be central to the plot or something should forget it, he was just some crap made up by some low wage animator for fun to throw onto the DVD.

The only way the sequel can top it is by going PG-13.

I have no faith in the sequel, it's just won't click anymore.