Why Is Marvel?

Why does Disney allow this company to continue acting like a clubhouse? Why is there no management coming down and forcing this division to be more profitable?

Because they don't give a shit unless it affects their bottom line. And it can't effect the bottom line because they're pretty much a non-entity. Disney makes their millions off the movies and lets Marvel sit in a slump.

It's profitable enough to not matter. As long as it's not burning a hole in Disneys pocket and keeps churning out material for BILLION dollar movies. Plus it promotes wholesome American values as a plus

Comics sell for pennies compared to what Disney makes.

They don't give a single fuck about Marvel (Comics) sales. Marvel comics are just an IP farm for films now, which more than make up for poor sales on a shitty event. That is the reason there will be no editorial changes. There will be no shift in quality.

Right now, all Disney wants from Marvel Comics are good clickbait headlines for marketing, and IPs like Carol or Miles to farm for future film/tv projects.

This is fact and it isn't changing any time soon.

Why do you care how much money they make?

>be more profitable

they are the most profitable comic book company

and as others have said it doesn't matter, it's a cheap IP farm. They put out 50+ books a month, 12 times a year. Even if only 10 of those are any good, that's 10 potential movies/tv shows/video games/etc.

It's nothing more than an IP farm. Comics don't make real money.

This.

Marvel Comics currently operates at a small loss simply because Disney has made it clear to management that all they want is good press. The amount of news attention comics get is incredibly disproportionate to the amount of people who actually read comics. The quality doesnt need to be good to make good news. They just need to pull stunts like Riri for headlines, which boosts the overall Marvel brand.

This is why Marvel hires "writers" and "artists" basically off the streets now. They aren't looking for unknown talent with unique voices. They're looking for cheap labor, preying on young artists who would give their left lung to work at MARVEL COMICS.

tl;dr marvel is dead in far more ways than you think, and the worst phase hasn't even begun yet

This. But there was that whole thing with HydraCap but that's likely because Disney doesn't want the marketability of Cap to go down because of this. Which is why they issued a statement that Cap would go back to normal after this event is done.

If it's an IP farm, you'd think they'd at least want some decent quality crops. Who the fuck is going to make a movie out of any of the garbage they're shitting out right now?

>Who the fuck is going to make a movie out of any of the garbage they're shitting out right now?

...Disney. Don't forget to check out Captain Marvel in theaters next summer and Squirrel Girl on FreeForm whenever the fuck that happens.

user, they have decades of stories to mine and they can just have someone pull one out their ass and slap the Iron Man formula on it to make it sell.

Comics make so little money compared to movies and merchandise, it's ridiculous.

Because there's all of one person in Disney that has enough authority to step in and tell Perlmutter what to do, and he already took Marvel Studios out of Entertainment thus taking out literally the only thing anyone at Disney gives a fuck about regarding Marvel. If they were losing money it'd be one thing, but they're still plenty profitable despite what epic meme-ers would have you believe.

>Who the fuck is going to make a movie out of any of the garbage they're shitting out right now?

They always change the story anyway. It doesn't even matter

>Why does Disney allow this company
Because that's the thing, Marvel's already setup. I don't think anyone at Disney wants to bother cleaning house, it's too much hassle.
Especially with all the fuss they've caused, and in way it's because fans get flustered but most don't flinch from the fiasco that Disney knows it's not worth the manpower to overhaul.

If Marvel started tanking legitimately then they might consider stepping in, but I feel they might just as well cut their losses since the movies have all the old material and new made up stuff to work with. They can still sell toys, games and merch without the comics. So I dunno, the comics would have to do something worse than the worst they've done to make it an emergency. Somehow make all Marvel related profits turn sour. Which even for Marvel is just logically impossible. Have to put out nothing but pages of everyone just getting raped for months or something.

Hey, Ike still has the TV side of things.

For now.

>Have to put out nothing but pages of everyone just getting raped for months

Oh man the storytimes would be hilarious. Every week, every book: who gets raped this week?

Like a line-wide version of the "ultimate orgy" video, but all rape

I feel like Mark Millar pitched this at some point.

>Mark Millar's MARVEL Rapes The Marvel Universe makes Nemesis look like S#!T

>...and then Vision phased into Galactus and raped him from the inside, and then Magneto rapes Invisible Woman with a metal pipe, and then Spider-Man webs up the Kingpin and rapes him then Daredevil tags in and rapes him with a baton, and then Doctor Strange rapes Professor X on the Astral plane, but then Ant-Man goes small and crawls up Black Widow's ass and does a micro rape...

Even fox picked up Old Man Logan. Goods crops does not the good movie make though. Just looks at the flops coming out of dceu. They finally follow the mcu formula for WW and WHAMO! Success

This sounds like something from Ultimatum.

They are operating under the direct requests of Ike Perlmutter. Same reason you havent seen a 2D animation in several years.

What is the MCU formula?

WW had nothing to do with the MCU formula.

>Just looks at the flops coming out of dceu.
Tell me Skwisgaar, which film flopped exactly? The ones that made back their budget in spades within days, or the one that got an Academy award? How many oscars does the mcu have again?

Critically flopped. Which the execs only half care about.

Wait, which one got an Oscar?

Suicide Squad won an oscar for hair and makeup.

Huh. I mean, I think most people know that Oscars are bought but thats still surprising. That's one of those particular awards, though, that doesn't really speak to the broader quality of the film.

It's the oscar no one gives a fuck about (Norbit was nominated once), but hey any victory however small I guess

Honestly I'm not even trying to take anything from them when I ask whose hair and make up. Croc?

There was good shit, but I can't see what needed an award here.

>more profitable?
You want them to be the only comic book publisher in the united states or what?

They just nominate the movies overall, not for any one specific part or character.

It's not an oscar most studios care about. They don't submit a lot of movies for consideration; there's never been more than three nominees while most other categories have five. Sci-Fi, fantasy, and period pieces typically get nominated (Squad went against Star Trek: Beyond and Ovo, the cirque du soleil movie).

It's nice to have, just not something they're going to crow too loudly about.

Also it can't be overstated how stupid the people who vote for the oscars can be so they could have voted for it purely because they liked Harley's ass.

Marvel botched PR on Secret Empire and NaziCap. The Mouse was so damn worried that Marvel was fucking up their great big movie hero that Disney not only chewed them out over the story, they had ABC News (also owned by Disney) report the ending of the story, to calm people down. He'll be a hero again at the end.

Also, remember how the Marvel creators and editors who used to abuse their fans on social media? Especially their longtime fans? Notice they've mostly settled the down? That's because of Disney brass coming down on them so hard over it.

You think Disney would let Pixar staff berate their fan base on SM? Not gonna let Marvel get away with it either.