Spongebob Deep Lore Thread

Ask your questions about Spongebob's deepest lore here, and other anons will attempt to answer them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FcjIoiMzMZA
youtu.be/5CqfTaLYwMs
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/378705259/#378711375
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What was in the secret box?

Who is Pearl's mother?

How the fuck is the Chum Bucket even open if no one ever goes there?

Tax loopholes? Subsidies?

it's a front for Plankton's money laundering operation

Plankton made a shit ton of money throught science stuff

If the landlubbers' "Army" is their "Navy", what would we call their Navy counterparts? I mean, they have brine / goo waters, right? Or are their forces amphibian?

Jenkins is just a generic old man name. It's like calling a dog Fido. It's just a joke.

Why is Barnacle Boy called what he is when barnacles is a the equivalent of fuck in Bikini Bottom?
Why is cannibalism acceptable in Bikini Bottom?

Same thing that was in the briefcase in Pulp Fiction

Macellus Wallace's soul?

Diamonds.

I think we all know the answer to that first question, user.

Why did Larry forget who Spongebob was in Pets or Pests?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. Mr. Krabs was/is a sailor that was likely part of naval forces on the goo waters.

What war did Mr. Krabs fight in?

Does Plankton fuck Karen?

The battle for bikini bottom

What kind of meat do they use at Krasty krab?

he's a superhero from the 40s, it's like how songs don't say "gay" anymore to mean happy

>Spongebob

Keep this /niggershit/ on Twitter.

The holy grail?

Is glove land fun?
What do glove candies taste like?

What is it like to be stuck in a poor and foreign neighborhood in the middle of the night with only your theme park paraphernalia to comfort you?

Yeah
Cheddar cheese

Horrible

>What do glove candies taste like?
Gloves

The Sampo.

It was the picture of Spongebob at the Christmas party, remember?

Why are Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy as tall as Spongebob when it has been shown that all the characters in Spongebob are tiny compared to normal humans?

Spoiler... they're not actually humans.

Since he was born in 1942, most likely the Vietnam war.

>WT: 5
does that mean 5 pounds?

barnacles are real creatures, user

>his driver's license doesn't have his first name

Nice S-rank too, Mr. Krabs.

Elaborate. I haven't kept up with the show since House Fancy.

>a crab fights in the Vietnam war
What did he mean by this?

Technically they're just really weird looking sea creatures. Sort of like how in Adventure Time, Susan Strong isn't really human. They're animals. That thing on Mermaid Man's nose is permanent.

They're shown to be humans and have lived in the human world.

Then they ate overcooked popcorn and got their powers

Well you ruined my prank.

>they ate overcooked popcorn and got their powers
Okay, that's really funny
You pull strange pranks

I didn't know Mr Victim-of-Harold's-gullible-mob was named just as they are...was it in the closing credits?

To expand on the joke in that episode, Spongebob and Patrick see an episode of the Mermaidman show that bills itself as "the origin." A shit ton of unrelated things that stereotypically give super powers happen to them all at once to no effect, only for them to get their powers from the popcorn Barnacle Boy just popped.

I think it's kind of implied it's something the in-universe show bullshitted and the REAL Mermaidman and Barnacle Boy have a different origin, but I might be dismembering.

I have a question. Why does Barnacle Boy look so much like Squidward?

I ask simply because of the not at all coincidental similarities between Krusty The Klown and Homer. Originally, the writers wanted Homer to secretly be Krusty. They're both even voiced by Dan Casawhatever. But they scrapped that idea after Krusty was already given Homer's exact proportions.

I wonder if there's any behind the scenes reason for BB looking like Squidward or if Stephen Hillenberg just really liked bald guys with proboscis monkey noses.

I looked up the scene and it's my favorite origins stort, besides The Crimson Chin. The comedic timing isn't as good as pre-movie but I like the absurdism of it.
>but I might be dismembering
Are you the trash ringing-

Nah that really is what gave them their powers. After that scene is shown on the television they reminisce about it, then yell and try to stop Spongebob and rick when they try to replicate it.

What the fuck kind of society is Spongebob set in anyways?

>it is acceptable to sell people as food that were murdered in an accident
>unfinished roads are opened to the public
>the police is absurdly corrupt and can do whatever it wants
>patents do not seem to exist
>bus fare does not exist or is not expected
>land ownership doesn't really exist; people can just expand wherever they want as long as there are no other in the way

I'm not entirely sure but I really want to say that he actually removed the star thing from his nose once.

He needs it to breathe, he got it from a mermaids tit

This was addressed in Mermaidman and Barnacleboy IV.

>We've been shrunken for years!

It's based of Detroit.

Wasn't that just a 'we're really old' type of joke?
I really don't feel like that it was the implication of them actually shrinking.

M stands for Mini.

bump

So, it's an empty box that lights up when you open it?

So which is true?
youtu.be/FcjIoiMzMZA

What's this then??!

youtu.be/5CqfTaLYwMs

Jenkins is a very common last name in Bikini Bottom.

What was Spongebob watching on tv before Gary caught him

What are the little slits on the backs of cartoon gloves?

You forget; we're in a deepest lore thread.

How can Sandy fit in Spongebob's house? She's a normal squirrel and the movie shows it's a normal pineapple. Should she not be the same size, if not larger than the pineapple?

there was literally a whole episode about mermaidman's belt's shrink function, and it ended with him having forgotten how to reverse it

What's a gorilla doing underwater in the first place?

The most secrety secret in bikini bottom

Mr.Krabs' wife.

Why did Patrick say he doesn't have a sister in Bad Breath when he does?

Why did they keep the frozen Man Ray in their Mermalair?

>it is acceptable to sell people as food that were murdered in an accident
What

Maybe Patrick didn't know he had a sister or forgot about her.

Is squidward secretly leading a communist revolution to put the neptune dynasty out of power?

Fry cook games, I think.
A gag where a bunch of hot cooking oil gets launched into the crowd and a vendor puts up a sign for fishsticks.

5oz

Are the anchovies the Chinese of the sea?

He's a fucking idiot

So if MM and BB are humans, did they just somehow shrink to become the size of sea creatures??

In a newer episode called "Lost and Found", Spongebob finds this in the lost and found under the Krusty Krab, and after shaking it, it causes a huge earthquake in the real Bikini Bottom. Where did this thing come from? What must have created it, and for what purpose?

In Idiot Box, Squidward takes out the Mexican hat and asked "Why haven't I worn this yet?" but in The Camping Episode, he wears that same hat.

What's the deal?

>Idiot Box
>Season №: 3
>Episode №: 44b
>Airdate: March 1, 2002

>The Camping Episode
>Season №: 3
>Episode №: 57b
>Airdate: April 3, 2004

>have this screencap saved
>don't remember what was in the spoiler
help

such deep lore

yes, but it's a formless hologram like the meatloaf.

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/378705259/#378711375

Honestly nothing special. Just Sup Forums overreacting to something old as fuck.

Well that made me reasonably uncomfortable.

How did the town rebuild after the Wormy incident?

It's just general slang term for old people

It didn't.
We're just watching new episodes from another Spongebob timeline. You'll notice the difference because one of his holes on the left is missing in all episodes after that.

(((Jenkins)))

Ancapistan

A libertarian one it's basically rapture before things went to shit

What if his first name is "Mr."

>maybe he changed it
>he's hiding from someone

>'IT AIN'T MONEY' starts playing

>Land ownership isn't a thing
>bus fares aren't expected
>ancap or libertarian

Why is there a small tiki island statue under the sea that an octopus can fit into?

What were squidwards reasons for running around wearing colored undies?

>2 years to make 11 episodes
what happened

Obviously Neptune, we know he's been in the Krusty Krab before and he never shows much attention to anything but himself.

He created that globe to demonstrate his power as lord of the seas, but left it behind (probably due to Spongebob's shenanigans) and didn't notice it was missing.

Somehow or other it ended up in Lost and Found where Spongebob found it.

early spongebob is canon

Launching off that... why does Neptune look so different from the movie onward? Did someone usurp the throne?

I'm guessing the movie

He got old.