Darth Vader #2 (June 21)
Poe Dameron Annual #1 (June 21)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=_q51LZ2HpbE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

>Ah, Rey, it seems you have Anakin's Lightsaber!

Gee I sure loved that gatling rifle that will never be seen or used in Star Wars media again because it's so retardedly overpowered.

Making new Star Wars films without George was a mistake

>Rogue One was better than every prequel and arguably better than Return of the Jedi

what did he meme by this?

>Rogue One was better than every prequel

I don't know about that, and RO is one of my favourites. Come on dude

post star wars ships only you like

>Rogue One was better than every prequel and arguably better than Return of the Jedi

Can't like it without being called a normie for some reason

Rogue One isn't a fantastic movie, but it's a really fun action movie. A lot of what I like about it is fanservice, but not like "HEY LOOK IT'S AN AT-ST STAR WARS I LOVE STAR WARRRS" like RLM put it, but more like... Hey look, it's an actual star war in star wars. A lot of my least favorite parts of the movie were the parts where they shoved in fanservice where it was unwarranted or awkwardly, like the convicts showing up.

Vader showing up to kill people at the end is debatable but come on, we're never going to get another opportunity to see him work again and he had a good reason to be there.

What did RLM actually say about Rogue One beyond MUH PANDERING while jerking off TFA, again?

>jerking off TFA
What? I thought they hated it

I've honestly never watched their videos, but I can't help listening to their opinions here

Their core complaint was that it was bad because the characters were uninteresting and unlikable, that while the action was well done it wasn't interesting, and that it felt more like a Star Wars fanfilm than anything else. In their commentary track Mike brought up what I've been saying since the first trailer, that it felt more like an tabletop RPG campaign than a proper narrative.

Also CGI Tarkin and Leia looked like crap.

They really liked TFA, thought Daisy Ridley was super charismatic and hated Rogue One to the point of making like five videos about it when people got mad at their opinion.

I decided not to watch them because I felt like I might get buttmad

>thought Daisy Ridley was super charismatic

compared to a lot of star wars actors, and ESPECIALLY the women in the series she actually is

Poe and Finn run circles around her though

I liked the last scene. It was like something out of a slasher film in terms of atmosphere, and I really wasn't expecting it. I liked RO because my favourite is ANH, admittedly. I liked it. But I do recognize that most normies don't give a fuck about Tarkin, or to read a novel that sets this film up so PERFECTLY. all of my normie friends who '''''love Star Wars!!!''' hated this movie. one told me it was boring because 'there weren't any jedi'. it was a film for fans, to give us Star Wars stuff we loved. RLM really blew it WAY out of proportions, though, especially when they loved TFA for the exact reasons they hated this one.

I unironically liked it, and the characters. But, it's like number 4 on my list

this gave me an erection
Top Blaster movie when?

can we have one thread where we do the ratings thing?

ROTJ > ANH > ESB = RO > ROTS > TPM >>>>>>>>>>> AOTC

forgot to mention I put TFA = TPM

>can we have thread full of shitposting about each others tastes?
no

Ever since Rogue One came out and they shat on people have been saying they love TFA. On Half in the Bag they were a little swept up in the hype of there being a new Star Wars movie that wasn't total garbage, but they also excused it a lot for being a rehash movie with a kind of weak main character. Since then Mike (through Plinkett) has argued that TFA works because it had good characters (Daisy Ridley's performance elevated the underwritten Rey is his argument) and emotional content, but not a good story due to the rehash parts. Meanwhile, he says Rogue One had bad characters, a bad story, and no emotional connection to the audience.

He's not wrong about any of the narrative elements, but fuck him for "muh cgi" and fuck plinkett just out of spite I'll never give him the benefit of the doubt after he spent NEARLY AN ENTIRE DECADE poisoning the well with his Lucas and prequel hate

I disliked Rogue One but I hate RLM.

Their first TFA video had Mike looking all teary eyed (not even joking) and smiling and going "I loved it. It was everything I hoped it would be". And praising TFA. They went back on some of this later on with the Plinkett review, but only some.

to add onto this (not this user) Sup Forums does not really care about characters in Star Wars so they don't understand or care about this critique and call them hacks

a lot of people will say BUT FINN AND REY ARE TERRIBLE CHARACTERS and write a huge essay about them (bypass the development no flaws blah blah blah) but at the end of the day people actually remember them and enjoyed them whereas most people do not remember any character from Rogue One that wasn't K2 or Vader

the disconnect between Rogue One, TFA and Sup Forums Star Wars fans is reminiscent of the disconnect between normal people and 4channers, they do not understand one another

I can understand those complaints because they never really found the time to develop most of their cast (although I liked the ideas for a lot of the characters, Cassian being a Seperatist child soldier is interesting and provides a different perspective even if it's a little grim.) I actually liked Jyn more than Rey because she genuinely felt like she was in over her head compared to Rey who learns the force and picks up a lightsaber and kicks Kylo's ass after he supposedly ruined Luke's Jedi efforts even though she's been isolated her whole life and doesn't have a clue what's going on.

I liked the action too, but maybe that's just because I don't watch as many war action movies as some? A Sci-fi war movie in a tropical setting using props derived from WW2/Vietnam era equipment is basically my favorite thing ever, I really really enjoyed everything surrounding the scarif fight.

CGI Tarkin and Leia... Honestly, I feel that complaint for literally every movie that uses CGI effects. You can't get away with it. Eventually it's going to look like shit as technology gets better and better, I was feeling the same way during the Amazon fight scenes in Wonder Woman.

I guess I felt like Rogue One was a mediocre movie that had a bunch of really good ideas that could've been fantastic and innovative but were still enjoyable whereas TFA wasn't even trying to do anything new, it was just trying to win fans over with a re-shoot of ANH and I found it really distasteful.

>appeal to majority argument

grown ups 2 blew pacific rim out of the water
transformers franchise is one of the biggest film series on the planet

Honestly, the only dumb fanservice moments were the cantina dudes and C3PO and R2D2 briefly showing up. I mean, I guess, if you wanted to reach, you could go "MUH BLUE MILK" scene, but that's so nitpicky. How dare something that exists in universe be shown? And the complaints about AT-ATs and all that is dumb. It's set at the height of the Empire. Why wouldn't those things show up?

I genuinely liked the Vader scene. I do think Rogue One had flaws, but it's been blown out of proportion by people like RLM, especially considering they've made five or so fucking videos because their viewers decided to not maintain their echochamber.

>using Pacific Rim as an argument when it was a genuinely terrible film
>bringing up Transformers when it's the Godwin's Law of film

>especially considering they've made five or so fucking videos because their viewers decided to not maintain their echochamber

they make the videos because they get a lot of views which means money

Okay yeah Pacific Rim isn't great, but it's the easiest example I could remember. Still, it's a better film than Grown-Ups.

>Transformers is the Godwin's law of film
I have no idea what you're talking about but what does Transformers being brought up a lot have to do with anything? You're talking up the majority when going off of movie sales the majority has terrible taste.

>Meanwhile, he says Rogue One had bad characters, a bad story, and no emotional connection to the audience.
Again he's not entirely wrong. The most interesting new characters in the movie are a hammy D-list Batman villain, Asian bros, Based Mads, cheerful Rebel pilots, an alien Winston Churchill, and Quip-2SO who puts Memelord to shame.
This guy also has good points on the subject.

The story of the main crew kind of trundles on clumsily, dealing with a lot of contrivances to deny them any resolution until they finally force the square plot through a round hole. The overarching story concerning the race against the Death Star's operational ability and the Rebel attempt to uncover it has lots of potential but the focus on these literal whos (that all get vaporized at the end anyway so they have no real emotional impact beyond their first appearance, once the movie is over the audience stops caring) tends to be a pause button on The Search for the MacGuffin(TM).

Keep in mind I don't think Rogue One is a bad addition to new canon, it's acceptable and far better than a lot of the other shit that could have been movified from the EU (God knows it's better than the even more murder-happy Ewoks movies) but I think there was a lot of wasted potential. And I ALSO think that RLMbabbies do not get to have an opinion on it after they spent the past 10 years shitting on everything star wars like the faggoty OT purist (really not even that, more like ESB purist) retards that they are, so I hate having to share an opinion with them however involuntary.

Transformers is the Godwin's Law of film discussion because just like people will bring up Hitler to try and "make a point" people will bring up Transformers to try and "make a point"

>Transformers makes a billion dollars so all movies liked by the majority are BAD!!!
Casablanca is bad? Apocalypse Now is bad? Alien is bad? Blade Runner is bad? go fuck yourself idiot

>I guess I felt like Rogue One was a mediocre movie that had a bunch of really good ideas that could've been fantastic and innovative but were still enjoyable whereas TFA wasn't even trying to do anything new, it was just trying to win fans over with a re-shoot of ANH and I found it really distasteful.
this pretty much, the only perfect, endlessly rewatchable scenes in my opinion were the ones involving Tarkin or Vader shitpost at other Imperial subordinates (namely Krennic), and the next closest thing after that was the space battle above Scarif, which still isn't quite perfect (not least because its interrupted by the shit on the ground) but because
1. Y-wings used exclusively as bombers instead of the Starfighters they are END THIS ROGUE MEME
2. you hardly get to see the capital ships fire their weapons at each other, if at all
even so that doesn't really excuse the whole movie for its shitty ultra-high grain darkened camera filter

Reminder that nu-canon posters are all faggots that enjoy Ike Perlmutter's greasy Jew diversity cock in their assholes

Thanks for enabling a company to ruin more IPs with their inane political agenda

>all movies are bad
nice word-shoving u dummy head

"It's popular and most people liked it ergo good" is just a bad argument because the majority can like and throw money at bad things. Use actual arguments supporting the film's quality or give it a rest

t. Karen o'Traviss

Except a character resonating with people is a solid argument while "a character didn't check all the boxes on a checklist I made of what makes a good character" is not an actual argument

>posting trump while complaining about perlmutter, someone who is not only conservative but currently consulting for donol
>and also almost entirely irrelevant to star wars at large

will we ever see an original cut of rogue 1?

Probably not, which sucks because it looks like Krennic had some pretty kino scenes

>immature move these goalposts right quick

you seem to be under the false impression that stormfags don't hate Trump for having Jewish friends, a Jewish daughter, deals with Israel, and hasn't gassed all the non-natsoc non-Aryans yet

>doesn't even use the right fallacy
2/10 bait, needs work, we can see right through your insincere EUDF shilling

They made a comprable amount of videos about RO as they did for TFA, but almost all of their RO vids were made after it came out and they hated it, and they had to make the case for why it was bad. Most of their TFA videos were made in the leadup to the movie itself, with only The Plinkett review video coming after it. If they had liked RO, I bet we wouldn't have seen then four or five vids that focused on the movie after it came out.

I like the Slave 1 too, user.

Hey drawfag when you have the time could you please draw a more accurate version of this Gallius Rax fan art? The books describe him as wearing a white military uniform with a red cape. Basically Krennic's outfit but make the cape red. I would really appreciate it since for some reason the only fan art of Rax is him wearing random OC donut steel military uniforms.

Shut up Jew go eat some more BBC

I'd say that I can kind of see where RLM was coming from with letting the "I clapped" moments in TFA slide due to the goal of the film basically being to revive SW as a viable film franchise in the public imagination, hence the need to pander to old fans even as they tried to appeal to new ones. However, once past that first film, where you can let these things pass, pandering to nostalgia gets old very quickly, and RO had problems in that area.

I didn't love TFA, and honestly think it below ROTJ, which, for all its flaws, has moments I love and moments I really didn't care for at all, while TFA had moments I liked and disliked, but nothing I really loved or hated.

In regards to characters, I'd say that the film's glaring weakness was its script, but that JJ, for all his faults as a director, once again managed to make the most of his cast so that the performances elevated what could have been a tired story with trash-tier characters. Rey straddles the line on being a Mary Sue, Finn is inconsistently handled, and Poe is just plain badly written. However, each of the actors playing them managed to elevate the characters so that you remembered and liked them anyway. It's why Poe is so unlikeable outside of the movies, because Oscar Isaac isn't distracting you from the character's shortcomings with his charisma.

>and honestly think it below ROTJ
everything is below ROTJ you fool

what a stupid argument

the reason those characters resonate IS because of a checklist of reasons each of them have whether they know it or not, sometimes they're even bad reasons, like political ones, shallow visual ones, or otherwise

poorly done things can reach mass market success with intelligent marketing and targeted pandering, that's why cult classics exist, because a decent thing has terrible marketing.

by the way i don't even disagree with you that rogue one does a bad job of making its characters memorable

between money, critical score, and audience score
transformers took money and nothing else
pacific rim took about average money, making a decent though not spectacular amount, bu high critical and very high audience scores

TFA took all 3 pretty good
it was rated high, made a billion dollars, and is very much well loved by casual viewers
by all accounts it was a success

I kind of find it difficult to believe that shots like the tie fighter appearing appearing in front of jyn were done specifically for the trailer

If we're willing to admit that TFA was basically an advertisement then why are so many people still defending it

doesn't that sound stupid to you

Normies like ANH and it was basically a new hope

even though ANH is my favourite too

As for RO, it just plain failed as a movie on various levels, and I'm surprised that there's so much unironic love for it here of all places. The characters are underdeveloped (you could cut Cassian out and merge parts of his backstory with Jyn's to make a much stronger character), the tone is inconsistent (it's hard to take the grittier nature of the film seriously when more average Joe type characters can waste stormtroopers as easily as the plot shield wielding characters from the more lighthearted main films or Rebels; the Vader sequence at the end undermines the attempt to make the Empire look bad because you're more focused on how cool Vader looks here than how bad it is for the Rebels), and the story seems to lack any strong direction in its first two acts.

It was the first SW film I felt bored watching since AOTC (although the TCW pilot movie didn't really do anything for me either), and watching it outside a theater setting later resulted in me simply skipping ahead to certain scenes and the climax because I just could not find it in myself to care about the movie as a whole.

I mean my list goes ANH=Empire>power gap>rogue one and I really resented TFA for just remaking ANH

>characters underdeveloped
true
>tone is inconsistent
not a deal breaker for me, i can swallow jyn and cassian mowing down stormtroopers since one is a child soldier trained since birth to kill and the other is diego luna
>vader
looking cool is all i asked for since the OT, and as for undermining the empire looking bad, the empire has always gotten the cool toys, people have always focused, so even if you dont agree its still standard practice

it aint perfect, but it serviced my fan expectations in just the right way for me to end up watching twice, the action scences and unadulterated fanservice in every way, and the space abttles to end all space battles, were more than enough for me to be more than pleased

>inb4 normie
dont care, i love what i love, and i aint ashamed

>cassian could be merged with Jyn to make a stronger character
maybe, but I'm not sure how you would do that easily
>it's hard to take the grittier nature of the film seirously when average joe type characters can waste stormtroopers as easily as the plot shielded main characters
it's an action movie and by the end of the movie they've all been wasted by regular stormtroopers (something that never happens to ANYONE important in the OT) save for those nuked by the death star
>vader sequences undermines the attempt to make the empire look bad
do you have to do that at this point? Everyone knows the Empire is evil, I don't think showing a bad guy doing cool shit automatically makes everyone join their side.
>Story seems to lack strong direction in its first two acts
I can understand that.

>If we're willing to admit that TFA was basically an advertisement then why are so many people still defending it

For the same reason I don't care that Last Crusade is basically the same movie as Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I still found the characters and action entertaining. And in regards to TFA itself, I found it explored JJ's pet themes(family legacy/daddy issues) better then any of his other works, since it basically turned those inward and made it a whole odd meta commentary on how titanic an influence Star Wars is and how it would be to love up to that legacy.

I'm on a weird group of Rogue One fans where the fact that the characters were so flat and one-note ended up being a part of the reason I enjoyed it.

It was a near-perfect replication of the kind of simple, dirty 1960's Dirty Dozen/Where Eagles Dare styles of men-on-a-mission movies that I watched a lot of in my teen years when I was going through my war film phase. All of those films had flat, robotic characters who existed as pure genre chess pieces to be pushed around on the board and die dramatically like the characters in Rogue One. Part of the enjoyment is just watching professional do their jobs and deep six a bunch of faceless goons, cutting out a lot of the expected character beats in service of manly dramatic sacrifice.

But I get why not a lot of people liked it. if you haven't read a lot of Alistair Maclean books or watched a bunch of cheap Richard Burton WWII espionage movies, it's not going to connect with you and it's not really fair to say "You'll only really enjoy this movie if you have nostalgia for a very specific kind of movie.

Ok I wanna get people's opinion on this, which was more fanservicey - Vader chopping up poor rebel mooks like a shitty 1980s teen slasher film or the Tantive IV shooting out the Profundity's ass like explosive diarrhea

ESB > ANH > ROTS > RO = ROTJ > TFA >>>> TPM >>>>>> AOTC

vader definitely
i loved it so much ,we need more badass vader moments

>For the same reason I don't care that Last Crusade is basically the same movie as Raiders of the Lost Ark.
>Last Crusade is widely liked as the best out of the trilogy, and is analogous to ROTJ
>Temple of Doom is considered the weakest out of the main trilogy, but is analogous to ESB
esbfgs btfo, rotj master race

Drawfriend user, if you are still lurking, are you still taking suggestions?

If yes, maybe you'd be willing to draw an Imperial version of pic related? Hera could be replaced by either Pryce or Seventh Sister and the loth-cats by loth-cat versions of the other Inkies and Thrawn.

Vader, fucking absolutely.

It's the thing people have been asking for for basically forever, Vader doing his fucking job without any of the bullshit.

OT (dont make me choose between my babies) > RO = ST > RoTS>>>>>TPM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AotC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>holiday special

I'm a huge fanboy for a lot of things, and that's resulted in me watching and reading a lot of shit that sucked hard for franchises I love. Street Fighter Alpha: The Animation, Street Fighter IV: The Ties that Bind, the really bad era of Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog, the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, etc. I love the series that these works are a part of, but I recognize how they all stink out loud.

I don't get how so many other Star Wars fans like a movie that only gets action right, but gets all of the stuff that Star Wars was more about wrong. I love a good action movie, but when you don't care about the characters who are involved in the action, the plot which the action is furthering, and the action itself is only presented well but not interesting or clever, there's no reason to care about the action at all. Rogue One was the most bored I've been in a blockbuster action movie in quite some time.

Worst of all, none of this is about the Sup Forums part of Star Wars.

movies I like > movies you like

its a spin-off with a different tone, so i walked in without expecting a star wars story, and walked out without trying to compare it to the originals

its more like fury lite rather than westerns or fantasy, and it does that very well, and its very enjoyable in that respect

Who could it be?

the difference between Rogue One and all those badass 1960s WWII action movies is that at least one of the characters survived Dirty Dozen, Battle of the Bulge and Where Eagles Dare

FUCK NO, RATE STAR WARS MOVIES ON THE COMFY-METER (tm)
>TPM = 6 pillows
>AOTC = 3 pillows
>TCW = 4 pillows
>ROTS = 1 pillow
>REBELS = 8 pillows
>R1 = 3 pillows
>ANH = 11 pillows
>ESB= 10 pillows
>ROTJ = 9 pillows
>TFA = 5 pillows

Rogue One's a pretty comfy movie
the fact that it was so slow in some parts was part of what I liked abotu it, I think

>the difference between Rogue One and all those badass 1960s WWII action movies is that at least one of the characters survived Dirty Dozen, Battle of the Bulge and Where Eagles Dare

Sure, but the fact that they wiped everyone out was one of the best parts.

making this bomber.. shall i proceed?

>stormfags
No one mentioned them

Hey, /swco/.
I'm not really a big Star Wars guy, but someone mentioned something in another thread and I figured you guys would know the answers.
What is a Yuuzhan Vong? I don't remember that name from any of the movies. Is it from the Clone Wars cartoon or something?

honestly TFA = Rogue One, but Rogue One had the supreme advantage in visuals while TFA had the benefit of nostalgic characters to connect with
I dislike both

but the WWII movies NEVER to my knowledge wiped EVERYBODY out, there were always a couple survivors, typically the highest paid lead actors

rate them in terms of pillows or blankets or something

>complaining about jews unironically
>not a stormfag
really makes me think

>93401872
This exact same post appeared identically in the last two threads. Do not reply to it. It is copypasta. It is bait.

>but the WWII movies NEVER to my knowledge wiped EVERYBODY out, there were always a couple survivors, typically the highest paid lead actors

Sorry, no I meant that Rogue One doing it was one of the best parts.

I mean, being enamored by things that aren't fantastic but I think have "potential" has been a thing for me for a long time. Several of the games I played my friends would chew me out for playing but I liked playing them because I could see something they could be with progress that they couldn't.

Rogue One is a stupid, comfy action movie with underdeveloped main characters. Maybe it was bad at managing the time it had, but a space war movie in a pulp sci-fi universe using vietnam and WW2-era equipment as props is just about the best set-up a movie could conceivably have for me. With TFA there were things I kind of wanted it to do but by the end it was obvious to me that the vision was "we're going to make ANH again in as cheap a way as possible" and I lost all imagination.

lol this whole thread is a fucking robot shit post from facebook.

>comfy

fuck off

Oh I'd disagree with that (especially in regards to the fundamentally anti-nihilistic and cynical themes that make Star Wars what it is) but I can respect your opinion knowing now that you weren't referring to The Eagle Has Landed or Kelly's Heroes.

>What is a Yuuzhan Vong?
Non-canon

I wish, facebook actually posts quality canon content

Vader, without a doubt. He was like a goddamn force of nature.

>getting triggered by 'comfy'
sperg

it's literally just another way to say "thing that is atmospheric and immersive in a comfortable way"

if you don't understand it and it makes you upset to hear then that's your problem buddy

Meanwhile, TFA has the government the OT was spent fighting for annihilated so we can spend three more movies doing rebels n' empire

R1 had people fighting for a good cause and accepting in the mission to scarif being likely suicidal but doing it because it was the right thing to do, I don't think that's inherently cynical

>maybe, but I'm not sure how you would do that easily
I'm just spitballing here, but I guess I'd make it so after the prologue, we get Jyn working as a Rebel in Cassian's position. We understand her motivations because we see how she would hate the Empire, but at the same time, we could have her feeling conflicted and tired of it all because of her doing the dirty work that Cassian did. The search for her father once word comes her way would then reignite her passion and idealism.

>do you have to do that at this point? Everyone knows the Empire is evil, I don't think showing a bad guy doing cool shit automatically makes everyone join their side.
RO kind of expanded on just how bad the Empire is to the average person. It's one thing to see Alderaan blown to bits, but another entirely to see a small sample of the human (and non-human) cost when you see the scale of the DS's destructive capabilities at low power and what happens to Jedha and Scarif. We see families torn apart and the Order of the Whills left in ruins. In short, we were shown just how much life under the Empire sucks.

So when you take this seemingly monolithic evil and show how bad it is on a day to day level instead of keeping them the cartoonish bad guys that we're mostly told are bad (although we do see some of its worst traits in the other movies), you want to keep that consistent.

Vader comes in and suddenly the bad guys look cool and you're looking forward to him hurting Rebels even though you were supposed to be rooting for them before this moment. It'd be like showing the Warsaw Uprising for most of a movie and then seeing an elite Nazi unit kick ass in the coolest manner possible at the end.

>With TFA there were things I kind of wanted it to do but by the end it was obvious to me that the vision was "we're going to make ANH again in as cheap a way as possible" and I lost all imagination.

I dunno, I just like the new cast so much, and like Trek '09 JJ's super-speed pacing worked really well on me.

> in regards to the fundamentally anti-nihilistic and cynical themes

I think Rogue One managed to balance the expected themes of a Star Wars movie with the genre trappings of the old-fashioned cynical WWII mission movies.

Though I could have done without everyone saying the world "hope" 50 times.

>people who think the ST dynamic is the same as the OT when both sides have assfucked each other completely

Hmm... wonder who it could be.

>ESB
>10 pillows
>TPM
>only 6 pillows
Pod racing is quite confy even if its not safe.
TPM its a soft 8 pillows

Well, it's Star Wars. They're clearly expecting that you already know what's going on, which might be problematic to some- but the Empire have always had the coolest shit since the OT. The very first scene of A New Hope is rebels getting gunned down by Stormtroopers breaching a spaceship.

>It'd be like showing the Warsaw Uprising for most of a movie and then seeing an elite Nazi unit kick ass in the coolest manner possible at the end.

...I feel like I might watch that movie.

I hate having to argue in favor of TFA by comparison, because after the movie came out my friends and I came home and immediately started complaining about another death star, where were Y-Wings, why did she get so good at the force so fast, why did they bother casting two guys from The Raid for the shittiest scenes in the movie, etc. For all of it's flaws I still sort of cared about what was going on, and I just don't care about action for action's sake unless it's really interesting action (which the closest RO came for me was the use of the Hammerhead). Both movies weren't good, and I have no intention of seeing another live action Star Wars movie unless they really improve.

Cinematic universes are bullshit. I hate that cape comic discussion has to deal with it so much, and I hate that studios are trying to make them more of a thing than they already are.