How should superheroes look?

How should superheroes look?
Athletic Curvy or skinny

It's fantasy, they "should" look however the fuck people want them to look

No matter how in shape you are, you can't deflect bullets with your face, so it really doesn't matter how they look.

Is this a bait for T H I C C memes?

Bigger thighs and more muscle

desu id suck the farts straight from her sweaty anus

Always liked this body type.

Why only choose one?

Just so long as they're not fat

do women wear underpants under those pants?

Is this that girl that died from whipped cream?

Look at pictures of Olympians.

Depends on the hero and the author's wishes. Enjoy your ban.

>ban
That's a funny joke. Mods love off topic threads

Different. So anyone could find the one he/she likes.

They should look like whatever can best infer their character at a glance.

man, the ONE TIME somebody actually uses those capsules for their intended purpose...

There's a lot of Olympians that do a lot of things.
I like the girls who jump. They're usually the hottest.
They didn't like my Tomboy one

This has nothing to do with comics or cartoons. Report and hide.

BRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

This.
I get it as far as 'Character design' aspects and trying to communicate how "strong" this characters are but since we are talking about "superheroes" it shouldn't matter.

Depends on the character. Black Widow is doing all kinds of acrobatic and strength stuff so she should have toned visible muscles. Jean Grey mostly just uses psychic powers so no need for her to look Athletic really. She-Hulk is a Hulk so she should look like a Hulk.

Depends on the character. I like both athletic curvy and skinny.

I really love big butts with flat chests

That face though.

Except when it triggers them. But I guess that's true even with on-topic threads.

Testosterone beefcake

i like characters that don't look the part of their powers or even better can't look.

for example, a character with such a high degree of super strength that can't workout, so they can't have superman muscles.

Given that a lot of heroes run on bullshit, they can look however.

>That face though
Shut up I think Helen is cute

based

Why not have a mix?

Form should follow function. So for example, a character like Batgirl should be slim and athletic, because her "power" depends on her physical fitness and acrobatic ability for a large part.

Likewise, a character that mostly depends on raw power could be thick and muscular, a character that's magic might be over- or underweight because they spend more time studying magic than exercising their body, etc.

Though, considering that many superpowers are mostly or wholly independent of a character's physical condition, being that they depend on magic, mental power, alien genetics, cybernetic enhancements, and so forth, it wouldn't hurt to have a greater variety of body types either way. Without going full tumblr "muh diversity," it really sucks how many artists basically draw the exact same body for every character.

I'd like to see a middle aged man with a beer gut, a bald patch and superman tier powers. Imagine a big publicity event outside the hall of justice. All those beautiful people with extraordinary powers, a veritable parade of Aphrodite's and Adonis's. And then there's Carl, in his ill fitting body armor super costume, telling Hawkman about how him and his buddies are going to Hooters before the big game tonight.

Yeah. Once you define the character's general look, just stick to that, but it doesn't matter what the look actually is. Some male heroes are big and bulky like Batman or Captain America, while some are more lithe and lanky like Spider-Man or Nightwing. Beyond design and consistency, the body type doesn't actually matter.

You're confusing definition and strength. Their muscles wouldn't be defined is all, but that's the same as with regular people. The stereotype of a strong man is the Arnold Schwarzenegger "cut" look, but that's really more about aesthetics than strength. Look up the guys who do the real strongman competitions: they're not as defined as Arnold, they look more generally bulky or could even be mistaken for being fat since they're just a mass of undefined muscle.

who this

I don't think that's what he means. There's a huge difference between looking strongman-fat or "I never work out"-fat.

Butterball/Boulder was like that. He had super invincibility powers, but part of that power was that his body could never change, whether by injury or exercise, so even though he was harshly trained in the Initiative bootcamp he couldn't lose any weight.

Entirely depends on their powers.

>How should superheroes look

Kortney Olson. I'd pay anything to have her crush me in snu snu

You make it sound like "strong" muscle is just a shapeless mass. That's just fat that makes them less defined.

You know strongmen are only fat because they never bother cutting, right? It's not that having a fat body makes you even stronger.

It does make you sturdier though, which is valuable when your profession is lifting heavy things repeatedly.

My nigger. A man of fine taste.

This would honestly be what happened to most people with superpowers. Someone like Superman who has to be a symbol or Wonderwoman who's genetically predisposed to looking like an MMA supermodel would be the outliers. If you give someone strength beyond human capabilities and remove the need for them to work out, you'd have a lot of Carlmans and Atomic Carls and Black Carls.

I agree.
Comics are unfortunately a product that responds to the market, and even if you don't assume that your readers are 14-year-old boys that jerk it to all the girls and insert themselves as the ripped guys, most people like attractive main characters. Having an overweight or super short or unfit looking superhero could be cool since magic is still motherfucking MAGIC, but before you'd probably lose sales because people like reading about attractive people, and now you'd get bitched at for being SJW.

I think there should be a variety of body types.

Superman would be built like an old-timey strongman. Batman would be a bit slimmer than that, balancing strength and agility. Nightwing would be ottermode.

Wonder Woman would be pretty muscular. Power Girl would be thicc. Harley Quinn would have petite, perky breasts, and curvy thighs (nod to Bruce Timm's art style... big-titty Harley just doesn't look right to me). Supergirl would be pretty lean. Big Barda would be a huge, imposing muscle woman.