Today is Joss Whedon's birthday

Today is Joss Whedon's birthday.

Say something nice about him.

hes gotten pretty far in life for being so goddamn mediocre at everything he tries to do

There's nothing nice about him.

A literal cuckold who panders to feminists, that still hate him anyway.

I liked the first Avengers.

He is one year closer to his death.

I used to respect him.

His brother is better than him.

He has made some occasionally entertaining characters even though it's all self-gratification for him.

If it wasn't for Cabin in the Woods, I wouldn't appreciate Scream, Student Bodies, Leslie Vernon and other much better meta horror movies as I do now.

fpbp

He has pretty good taste in anime, considering he ripped off Outlaw Star in its entirety for Firefly.

Buffy and Angel are remarkable accomplishments.

Angel wasn't even his for the most part and Buffy was shit.

Didn't he lose angel because the studio went full autist when he pressured them for an early renewell?

>Buffy
Okay, explain how Buffy the Vampire Slayer is in any way remarkable. It's trite, supernatural-meets-quip bullshit that wasn't particularly interesting even when it was new. The people who say Buffy was unique always cite the existence of a lesbian romance, but fucking Xena did the lesbian angle 10x better (and was far more interesting thanks to the use of various mythology).

I seriously barely just made it past the first episode of Buffy. Literally 90% of the dialogue was a snarky line or retort.

Does it get better?

Why Sup Forums has such an autistic hate for him? Is is just because of politics and muh feminism?

You guys need to know how to live with divergent political views. Anybody that isn't an useful idiot knows this.

Not him and I actually agree with you, but it kind of paved the road for the genre fiction shows (by making them a different kind of formulaic)
I still believe it fails the test of time badly unlike something like Sopranos or Twin Peaks.

You saved the DCEU by killing Zack's daughter

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

Look guys, if you don't like snark and quips it's probably not a show for you. But it does the supernatural adventure genre well, the characters are likable, the writing is solid. What's better that's similar, the X-Files? That's the only show I can think of. Seriously, name one.

I don't know what I hate more, his dialogue or people who consider it "clever".
I definitely know that I hate his unthreatening clown villains much more than both of those.

Always wondered what the fuck kinda name is Joss

It's the most academically studies Sup Forums series of all time. Not saying that makes it good, cause that metric would blow Shakespeare far more up and he's already too fellated in our culture. But it is an accomplishment

>Seriously, name one.
Xena: Warrior Princess.

>the characters are likable
The only likable character is Giles. The rest I wouldn't be too upset about seeing getting The Wicker Man treatment.
And the writing is mediocre at best and muddled with "ain't I clever" smug nonsense just like every single one of Whedon's works. X-Files is shit too by the way.

I hope he and Z become best buddies.

>the writing is solid.
No, it wasn't. That's why I barely made it past the first episode.

Name something better then.

He likes killing lesbos

Pretty much. The studio was likely going to give Angel another season, but then Whedon went to them like "So hey, you don't usually give us much advance notice to prep for each season. Could you make your decision a little sooner this time to give us some breathing room?". So the studio heads threw a fit and canceled the show instead.

Twin Peaks.
Bonus points for its satire being actually clever instead of obvious self-backpatting Whedon writes.

>The only likable character is Giles. The rest I wouldn't be too upset about seeing getting The Wicker Man treatment.
That's because Giles is the only character who treats situations with any kind of realistic trepidation. He's written as the knowledgeable but ultimately paranoid old mentor whose only useful skill is that he knows things, but given that backstory it makes sense that when put up against a monster of the week, he actually understands the danger and isn't going to waste time with fucking sarcasm. And for his troubles, he is rewarded by getting laughed at and walked over by a bunch of fucking teenagers who think they're hot shit that can't lose just because they're friends with/are the Slayer.

I think it's best exemplified near the end of Season 5 when Buffy refuses to even entertain the idea of killing Dawn to save humanity, to which Giles flips out because they didn't have time to put their morality first when the fate of the world was at stake, and everyone looks at him like he's a fucking monster for even suggesting the only evident solution to their problem.

>past the first episode.
Not defending Buffy cause I dropped it early too. But that is NEVER a reason to drop a show in the 90s. First episodes were almost always shit compared to the rest of the show. Take Star Trek, TNG never got consistently good until season 3, season 1 was mostly terrible and season 2 was so hit and miss that you have to grit your teeth for those first 50 episodes.

Things are judged more heavily now, rightly so, the market is more crowded and I don't have the time to waste 50 hours on Star Trek to find out it's one of the best sci fi shows ever. Buffy was in that time

I liked Willow!

>Hey guys magic is literally heroin

LESBIAN WHORES

To be fair. Buffy was brain washed to protect Dawn's creators to always protect her. Even when they realize it, it doesn't change how she feels for Dawn. Who isn't even her sister but a vessel (and when she loses the key, they literally had nothing for her)

I could never get into Buffy, but I liked Angel in high school.