For me – and I suspect for most comics creators – The Shadow is an irresistible property. The hat and scarf...

>For me – and I suspect for most comics creators – The Shadow is an irresistible property. The hat and scarf, the cold eyes and colder laugh, the wisp of cordite and the flourish of a cape: all plucked wholesale from the noir pulps and radio plays of the 1930’s. You don’t say “no” to a true primogenitor like that. On the taxonomical chart of Western comics he’s a common ancestor for a sizeable chunk of the marketplace. Every street vigilante, every masked crime-fighter, every necessary monster: he’s in the DNA of them all. A living fossil, a coelacanth or goblin-shark for the comics world, swimming in waters of ice and ink. And like all perfectly engineered things he endures – he flourishes – amidst newer, cockier, less perfect specimens.

Si Spurrier on the Shadow comic he's writing.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/09/boko-haram-deadliest-massacre-baga-nigeria
dailycaller.com/2017/05/05/face-it-gays-trump-is-our-friend/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm so excited for this run. The shadow is my husbando

>I'm so excited for this run
I am not, the evidence strongly suggest he will turn it into anti Trump propaganda and have the Shadow's powers be used to prove that conservatives are evil racist because they irrationally hate irrelevant things like skin color and not because certain sub groups of certain races pose the daily threat of rape & murder in the streets.

Sounds like he has some real respect for the character. Looking forward to this.

Based on fuckin' what, m8?

>That’s the unlovely backdrop to our story takes place - as a new hard-right government takes power and everyone - everyone - takes a side. Extreme views have become the norm.
>As we shall see, the reality is rather more layered, and more sinister. The people at the top of the ladder aren’t just in control of the country, but in control of the narrative

>>The people at the top of the ladder aren’t just in control of the country, but in control of the narrative
So what if the real final boss isn't the 'far right government' but the mainstream media?

You act like the Shadow fighting Nazis is something new

Conservatives aren't Nazis.
Trump isn't a Nazi.
There is nothing in fucking common between...
> mass murdering Jews for absolutely no fucking reason whatsoever. The Jews weren't harming a single fucking person.
And...
> 1 - Banning people from active War Zones that we have no way to properly background check
> 2 - asking our border line stronger so as to block cartels from entering alongside immigrants and causing the immigrants the unforgivable torture of the inconvenient act of getting citizenship or visas.

Trumps pretty much an American Nazi though- just with Muslims and Immigrants instead of Jews. You can't just build a wall and deport people living here just because they aren't documented citizens. He's also threatened the press, fired the guy investigating his crimes, soured our relationships with other countries, threatened our health care, is a vile sexist, racist and homophobe.

>just with Muslims
It was a ban on 7 select countries. Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen

There are around 50 majority Muslim countries in the world, the ban targeted 7

Dropped. Let's just wait until The Shadow is a mentally-ill woman of color

Pulp characters are specific niche.
Even if for many creators they were considered beating a dead horse

I feel like anyone who thinks this is going to be about Trump has got a nasty persecution complex. This isn't the first or the last time The Shadow has come up against hard-right government.

So? Oh, I see, He's not as bad as Hitler was because it's only 7 countries and not all of them. Totally fine then. Too bad He's still banning everyone from Mexico and South with his stupid wall and deportation force.

>So?
So it has more to do with the fact that those specific countries are completely unstable and viewed as the highest risk. For fucks sake even Canada won't allow single Muslim men form those countries in, but nobody wants to bring up that

Canada's immigration system is also problematic, but I'm supposed to cut I'm Tiny Hands some slack because of it? You still haven't offered any counter points to any of their other issues with Trumpy.

>You can't just build a wall and deport people living here just because they aren't documented citizens
You can't kick a car burglar out of your home just because they don't have a drivers license...
> he's also threatened the press
No the bias media news outlets not the press as a concept itself.
>threatened our health care
Healthcare is not a right.
>racist
Fearing sub groups of races for things like...
theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/09/boko-haram-deadliest-massacre-baga-nigeria
isn't fear/hate of their skin color/genetics so his issue with them is factually not race based.
>homophobe.
dailycaller.com/2017/05/05/face-it-gays-trump-is-our-friend/

No it's not as bad as Hitler as it has nothing in common with Hitler in anyway.
Not letting people trespass on our territory is a billion light years from rounding them up and killing them. It doesn't harm them in anyway.

>Fearing sub groups of races for things like...
>theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/09/boko-haram-deadliest-massacre-baga-nigeria

wild how trumps travel ban didn't mention African countries

also healthcare is a human right

>home
car I meant...

>wild how trumps travel ban didn't mention African countries
Because their isn't large numbers of people traveling from them to here. The point is the same the organizations in the banned countries are doing just as horrible stuff as the organization who did the atrocity in the link I gave.

I just wanted to talk about the Shadow

Why did we get a Sup Forums war? Take this shit to your designated containment areas.

Someone is still giving Tim Bradstreet work? Figured it'd be Dynamite of all people.

Si Spurrier has been real shit lately.

Not really?

And people say Sup Forumsmblr isn't real.

Man I'm envious. The Shadow is the only pulp revival thing that's been getting several series. I'm sure he's hit almost 50 issues now since dynamite ' s attempt at rebirth. The Spider on the other hand is nowhere to be seen and Doc Savage seems rather incognito in spite of some recent minis.

*cough cough Saudi Arabia funded 9/11 cough cough*

Sup Forums just loves to shit on our rug. Also, you made this thread on a Friday in Summer, so... y'know.
I think it's just that The Shadow has more for writers to get their teeth into - bigger supporting cast, a cooler outfit...

This.

I've tried to get into The Shadow, I never could. Richard Wentworth on the other hand has always gripped me. The man is an emotional roller coaster, and he's less omnipotent. I prefer the Master of men thing to the whole "Shadow knows."

The last I heard of Doc Savage was that movie with Dwayne Johnson

That's quite the leap in logic you made there, user.

>The Jews weren't harming a single fucking person.

Well The Shadow isn't a model of mental health to begin with

That happens when you're such a giant evil piece of shit that you get bored of being an evil piece of shit and decide to fight crime.