"Well I'll be damned."

>"Well I'll be damned."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZAX-y018pcY
youtube.com/watch?v=V0fR2xlaIWo
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3105820/EXPOSED-dozens-explosives-weapons-TSA-checkpoints-95-PERCENT-undercover-airport-tests.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I couldn't help but chuckle at this scene. Everyone's being blown up and he's looking at it in slow motion like "I *feel* like I could have stopped this".

You have to love his explosion-proof receding hairline too.
"Well doo-doos. People are gonna think I made this mess. Sigh."

"This is Fine."

>"Did I leave the stove on?"

"Pity, that blonde in row three was kinda hot."
"Ouch, that's an awful pun."

>Maybe I shouldn't have had Taco Bell

"You have to expect this sort of thing when you build everything out of cardboard."

>Hamilton's on your side.

>Is it warm in here? My insusceptibility to minor temperature changes makes it difficult for me to determine if humans are chilly or overheated.

>Maybe I'll open up a window and see how people feel about that.

Have you edited out hair or is that his natural hairline?

youtu.be/ZAX-y018pcY

Huh

Give me five, no, give me ONE good reason he didn't fly around the world and go back in time to save these people. I'll wait.

>"Sure beats that strong smell of urine."

This better get screen capped because this thread so far has just been legendary

kek

>It's still smell like piss

The screencap it, lazyass

Man this movie fucked over Superman so fucking bad.

I liked this scene. Still don't get the meme. To me his face says
>I could have stopped this

>"There sure are a lot of people burning to death right now"
>"Should I help?"
>........."maybe in a minute"

That's what's dumb about it. Why didn't he?

Yeah he definitely could have stopped it.

Better question: why did Luthor blow the place up in the first place? How did it help with his plan? Nobody would think Superman would use a bomb, so it doesn't help for framing him (the very next scene has some Nancy Grace character confirming that nobody thinks it was Superman who did it).

But, like, Batman is watching that thing, and still gets angry at Superman about it... why again?

And why did Luthor want Graves dead?

And... you know what? Never mind.

He only ever did that once in the Ritchard Donner Superman movie, and everybody thought it was stupid so they never brought it up again.
You might as well ask why he never uses the power of shooting tinier version of himself at people.

>ITT: Plebs who don't understand kino
If shit taste was a disease, everyone in this thread, except from me, would be dead.

Kek

I can't look at this scene anymore without hearing the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme.

He couldn't, that's the whole point of lois investigation

Because it was lined with lead. Pls watch movies you claim to dislike.

Lex does it to get rid of the senator and to make a scene about how danger follows superman, whether he does it or not.

Batman is mad because in his mind Superman is still responsible, because he thinks that Wally Weaver did it because he hated Superman.

Yes, but he doesn't know that. He gets freaked out and thinks that he didn't see it because he wasn't paying attention.

The point was to get Bruce and the world wondering why Supes didn't stop it. With Bruce's hateboner over Kryptonians, it was just another thing to have Bruce REEEEEEEE over because once again he did nothing to save people. Also to ramp up the guilt because he just barely found out about Waynetech fucking with the life of the guy everyone thinks is the bomber.

Hey when did we establish Clark can't see through lead in these movies?
In fact I can't even remember him using x-ray vision at all in Man of Steel, but it has been a while.

>Hey when did we establish Clark can't see through lead in these movies?

Everyone knows that though.
Every new comic run doesn't tell you things you already know.

He's only seen using it once in Man of Steel in one of the flashbacks with him as a kid.

Yeah, that's the point, he doesn't understand what just happened.

And he does use X-Ray vision in MoS in the classroom.

Lois tells you. Also, both batman and Lex discovered on their own, probably watching footage of superman,bit it's retarded yo waste time on a montage of them watching videos on YouTube while drinking red bull

>Everyone knows that though.
The movie going audience doesn't.
It's a new universe, a new tone, a new take. That means we need to re-establish the rules and can't take them for granted.
>Every new comic run doesn't tell you things you already know.
Comic runs build off of those that came before (unless we're talking Wonder Woman anyway). These movies aren't building off a foundation, but rather setting up a new foundation.

I thought that might've been the case because I kept thinking it was in the school scenes as a kid but then I remembered that's where he got heat vision. X-ray vision is less memorable in comparison.

The movie going Audience does know that, just like they know batman's botler is called Alfred.

>Comic runs build off of those that came before
No?
In practice, no.
also this-

Are wheelchairs usually lined with lead?

Watch the movie pls.

>The movie going Audience does know that,
Then why are people asking about it now?
I don't understand why any time I have a criticism that it's not like what's come before I get >not muh but then when I ask to set up a new and different superman I have to rely on what's come before. It's hypocritical.

Yes. Barring complete event reboots, runs generally keep any big changes from before. That's like saying his kid's gonna suddenly disappear once this current AC run ends.

But whatever, perfect movie 10/10 no flaws ever kino.

Yes. And there's no such thing as bomb sniffing dogs, or loaner wheelchairs. No security whatsoever. Fuck you. The movie's perfect. You didn't watch it. Your retarded.

>But whatever, perfect movie 10/10 no flaws ever kino.
And once again, no has said this but the person strawmanning.

You didn't watch the movie either.
Lois eventually gets Cat Grant to check the wheelchair.

This wheelchair was specifically lined with lead by Luthor to make Superman look bad for not noticing.

Is not people, is just autistic people. Here that hates Snyder. Normal people were talking about the lead in batman's granade.

No one asked when superman discovered he had superstrenght either

>
>Are wheelchairs usually lined with lead?

Lex. Gave him The fucking chair.

>thread that makes a joke evolves into another autistic DCEU argument thread
Sup Forums, you never fail to impress.

>In fact I can't even remember him using x-ray vision at all in Man of Steel

I think in the scene where he turns himself into the government, he turns and addresses government officials standing on the opposite side of a wall even though he should have no clue that they're standing there.

*turns himself in to the government

Although Superman taking over the US government would have been infinitely more interesting than the plot of Man of Steel. Would have set up BvS quite nicely too.

I thought he was looking at one of those two way mirror deals.

So it's also assumed to be bomb detection proof because Lex gave it to him. Okay, it's a stretch, but whatever. And security allowed him to keep it instead of giving him a loaner wheelchair from the back closet because you'll just call me retarded or autistic if I question it.

This high profile hearing and there's no security measures at all? I can't even take shampoo on a plane without getting the third degree and you expect me to think that a senate hearing, possibly the most important one in the course of human history, is going to let a guy roll in with a 50 pound piece of machinery that's not been vetted by anybody?

>So it's also assumed to be bomb detection proof because Lex gave it to him.

No, because there is literally a line where they say "the chair was lined with lead". Did you watch the movie?

>No one asked when superman discovered he had superstrenght either
Because the movie establishes it. It shows him as a kid bending metal fences when he's tense. When does the movie establish lead is something he can't see through prior to the explosion?

>They figured it out off camera
>They don't have to
Is just bad writing. It's firing a chekov's gun that was never on stage.

I don't think it is bad writing. You're looking at writing in a vaccuum.
The fact is that Superman fans know about the lead thing.

It's like if Adventures of Superman by Millar reintroduced Supes' weaknesses.

>tfw your little brother breaks something and you know you're getting blamed for it

Okay
Once Again.
Lining it with lead keeps SUPERMAN specifically from seeing the bomb, in that moment. Yes. Lex accounted for that.
What keeps a bomb sniffing dog from smelling the explosion? Lead wouldn't do that. What keeps the xray and bodyscanner he presumably went through to open the building from going "why is there this huge black box in his wheelchair?"\
I've been through enough security checkpoints to know they'd flag you if there was a thing in your luggage and they can't tell what it is. and that's just for regular commuter travel with TSA half assing it, not for a full on meeting of the government.

Snyderfags take no holidays, shitposting is their religion.

>The fact is that Superman fans know about the lead thing.
The movie isn't just for Superman fans.
And again, when I compare it to other Superman stuff unfavorably, I'm told to fuck off and that this is new and different. You people are hypocrites. You latch onto the source material to defend it but you won't let people use the source material to criticize and say the movie failed to live up to it.

Because Lex made the chair custom dude. The whole chair was his gift to Weaver.
Of course he made it able to pass muster.
Jesus.

>The movie isn't just for Superman fans.
But i'm a Superman fan so it works for me. And if a Superman movie isn't for Superman fans then it's doing something wrong.

>And again, when I compare it to other Superman stuff unfavorably, I'm told to fuck off and that this is new and different. You people are hypocrites. You latch onto the source material to defend it but you won't let people use the source material to criticize and say the movie failed to live up to it.
Kill yourself, i'm just me. I'm not a collective of like minded people.

>This wheelchair was specifically lined with lead by Luthor to make Superman look bad for not noticing.

Can you point which scene of the movie say this?

Or is it your Headcanon? You need proof.

because he wasn't. He's a reporter and while not Batman level investigation skill he could summize that something would be up with the lead lined wheelchair.

its a garbage scene.

What?
That's like defending the Martha scene by saying that Reporters know that names (Martha) humanize stories more than titles (Mom).

Can't have it both ways.

It's literally in the movie. One of the examiners say "the wheelchair was lined with lead"

>Can you point which scene of the movie say this?

It's somewhere in this video.

>*record scratch
>yep, that's me

>And if a Superman movie isn't for Superman fans then it's doing something wrong.
I agree on that.
But it didn't work for me. Dour crybaby fuckup doesn't work for a lot of people, including many Superman fans.

Who defends that? Its all trash.

4:40

I do, because it isn't.

You have no idea, mate. If Superman farted on screen for 30 minutes Snyderfags would claim it's a deep commentary on America's health issues

>if a Superman movie isn't for Superman fans then it's doing something wrong.
Making a 250 million dollar movie aiming at Superman fans is a sure way to get a flop, and BvS was dangerously close to a flop.
It had the worst combination of deviation from the original characters and basing lots of things in a supposed known background for the characters that wasn't properly introduced in the movie for the general audience.
Shit, I didn't even realize the guy that came out of Bruce's computer was supposed to be Flash at first, and even when I did, it makes no fucking sense in the context of the movie and never pays off. The movie was very poorly thought and put together. You can tell they were a couple of drafts away from a proper shooting screenplay but they shot it anyway.

>But, like, Batman is watching that thing, and still gets angry at Superman about it... why again?
Reminds me of Star Trek Into Darkness, when Kirk's in the reactor, and Spock goes all KHHAAANNNN!!!!!! Damn it, Spock, Admiral Marcus is the one at fault there, Khan had nothing to do with it.

>Damn, someone should call Superm...oh wait

Someone who thought Man of Steel was a perfect movie sent me a link called a "thesis on man of steel", where a guy talks about how deep and special the movie is. I had to turn it off after 5 minutes because the man was talking about how Superman was being "ejaculated into the cosmos" and that the whole thing was a metaphor for impregnation (Superman is jizz, Earth is a vagina).

Brings a whole new meaning to Superdickery.

I saw that one, still not sure if it's satire or not

>tfw he compares Zod to a literal douche that cleans the semen out of the vagina

There's a website literally called "the bible of Zack Snyder", they call movies like Watchmen and MoS art and experimental

Hell, it's not even just about the capes, these people convinced themselves Sucker Punch is a deep feminist critique. Is that what happens when your films are crap but still flashy enough to mesmerize? What prompts these fanboys to look for all sorts of ways to prove these movies are more than meets the eye

>What prompts these fanboys to look for all sorts of ways to prove these movies are more than meets the eye
So they don't feel they've wasted their time watching escapist fantasies with no substance, and also they can pretend being intellectual without reading real books.

But that's retarded. Superman knows when something is lined with lead because he cant see through it. That should have raised his suspicions.

snyder haters cant even remember the movies right, they literally make up stuff to hate. Hilarious!

Not everyone bothered to watch the extended cut which barely fixes anything

The scene is contrived in general. The movie or MoS never established that Supes can't see through lead... yet Lex knows somehow so he hides the bomb in it... but Superman doesn't notice it anyway because why would he even look for a bomb? And if he did look, as you said, why didn't he find it suspicious that the chair's mechanisms were invisible to him? And then we get 10 minutes of exposition about it from a character made just for that. No wonder this shit was cut

I'm not the guy you are replying to, but how many Superman comics have you read?

I've read Byrne's Man of Steel (not his entire run though)
All Star Superman
Secret Identity (which MoS and BvS take a lot from)
Birthright (which MoS takes some parts from)
Superman Ending Battle
What's so Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way?
For The Man Who Has Everything
Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow
Final Crisis (I count that as a Superman story, as much as it is a Batman story or a Flash story)
Secret Origin
For All Seasons
most of Adventures of Superman, including that one three part arc about Superman at the end of the universe.
I've read most, if not all, of the Smallville comic
I've watched all of Smallville
I've watched all of the Donner movies
I've watched all of the Timmverse
I've watched the Fleischer cartoons
I've watched MoS and Superman Returns
And I think these have been great movies about Superman. I dont really how you see how you can say he is dour, he really isn't gloomy for the majority of his time on screen. His first talk with Lois is pretty light in tone and he seems very understanding, and they are on the brink of an alien invasion. He displays a range of emotions; anger, happiness, desire, despair, and most of all hope.

His tears at the end of MoS, when he is forced to kill Zod, really shows his emotional vulnerability.

And the only time he is really dour in the last third and I think thats really understandable, given he thinks his very presence caused a terrorist attack and drove one of Gotham's greatest heroes to become a killer/villain.

And even then, he gets over it all pretty fast via meditating on a mountain and then he gets over his dour mood again by having a team up with Batman.
Also I REALLY dont see how you can say he is a crybaby or a fuck up, he is appropriately emotional and has fucked up far less than any other incarnation of Superman.

And like I said it shouldn't even have gotten that far because the same logic applies to humans.
If you go through a security check with a big black spot on your scan that they can't tell what it is, then security's not gonna wave you through. They're gonna stop you and say "What are you hiding in this big black thing we can't scan?"

The guy literally said he cant even remember them doing x-ray vision at all when had done it numerous times in both movies.

>I pulled up Superman's wikipedia article trust me I'm a true fan Snyder is a genius that totally gets it

>numerous times
You're thinking of heat vision.

why do you guys think Superman is scanning everything with his x-ray vision? When has he EVER been shown as to constantly be scanning everything all the time with x-ray vision? A single source?
Also you guys are making A LOT of assumptions. Bombs are super small now, all it takes is a tiny little compartment lined with led.

Also

>If you go through a security check with a big black spot on your scan that they can't tell what it is, then security's not gonna wave you through. They're gonna stop you and say "What are you hiding in this big black thing we can't scan?"

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3105820/EXPOSED-dozens-explosives-weapons-TSA-checkpoints-95-PERCENT-undercover-airport-tests.html

Not him by the way.
>I will list things, and you should believe me.
>also superman's first casual comics
Kek.

Anyway, you are ignoring the fact that you might be just an idiot.

Just saying. It's true that the movie doesn't bring much attention to it tho

Abrams is the master of the homaging things and completely missing the point.

No, he did x-ray numerous times. He did it in his school as a kid, he did it when he looked through the one way mirror and looked through the guy's pocket, he did it to observe from space/thesky Lois when she was in the middle east, and he did it on bruce's mask when they fight.

>Just saying. It's true that the movie doesn't bring much attention to it tho
see
The movie brings A LOT of attention to it. To the point where Superman flat out says "I guess I just didnt want to see it" because he is that disappointing in himself that he wasnt more paranoid and x-raying everyone constantly.

Well, that's what i said, the lead subplot is dumb because Superman was never going to look in the first place. As opposed to the Africa situation, cutting out the scenes about it was a good idea, they only wasted everyone's time

>TSA
>Implying they'd halfass security on the biggest human history.
All it would've taken to fix it is a ten second scene of Mercy slipping some money to a guy in a security uniform and Snyder can't even story structure his way into doing that. Nope, better to have them shit exposition at us after the fact.

>dont have an argument
>try and discredit real fans instead

thats really, really, really pathetic.