What Do You Want in a Wonder Woman Sequel?

I don't really know myself, but I think I'd want it set in modern day, rather than being another period piece. I dunno, I feel like film series are better when each film has its own distinct flavour, and isn't just more of the same. The same way "The Dark Knight" doesn't just feel like "Batman Begins II." The scope is different. The palette is different. The structure is different, etc.

I feel like if it were another period piece, it would just kinda feel like "each movie is in a different decade!" and it would feel a little gimmicky.

Kind of hard to know what kind of story it should be, especially because her familiar supporting cast (Etta and Steve) would be dead by then. I guess they could use the Kapatelis from the Perez stuff, but I dunno... they were never as fun as Etta.

TBC

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ewTB9znSBa4
youtube.com/watch?v=Y3RfwNh_5f8
youtube.com/watch?v=-AB_znetvII
youtube.com/watch?v=CFE-kUk2h6Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Since the first arc was about her optimism that she could save the world, her questioning if the world is even worth saving when she finds out how fundamentally flawed humans are, and then her return to caring for humans when she decides that the flawed are still worth saving, maybe the next arc has to be about her learning about the flaws within herself.

Like, having a villain who challenges her ideals, constantly frustrating her that, despite the fact that she has pacifist ideals and favours love over violence, she finds herself time and time again having to use violence to solve problems, bringing her into doubt as to whether she is who she wants to be. Maybe a good villain to fit that theme would be Circe, as she's kinda a trickster/manipulator character who operates by getting people to inadvertently carry out her will for her.

Or, the theme could be that, despite all her efforts, the world is still troubled, and she is no longer considered fit to hold her title as Wonder Woman. Something similar to her being replaced by Artemis to succeed where she failed, or that Simone run where Zeus creates Jason and Achilles Warkiller to take Wonder Woman's place, being much more pro-active and trying to end war by force.

Thoughts?

Diana is coming to America where she meets a British archeologist who has heard of her exploits and wants to know if Diana is the real deal.

but Barbara Minerva bargains for her own mythological powers and gets a raw deal and the only way her pain can end is with Wonder Woman's death.

she also tried to rape the flash that one time

I want Wonder Girl to be in the next movie. Donna Troy or Cassie .

Circe should try changing the men of the world into mind controlled women.

>Modern Day
>Cheetah and Giganta
>Brief return to island

Less stupid, cheesy, slow motion vanity shots taht make you cringe to watch them..

Loved how they accurately portrayed her as being capable of throwing Bane around instead of getting knocked out with a brick by Catwoman.

Circe should get plagued by Furries.

Gail Simone gives a shit.

>what do you want in ww sequel
For it not to be a ww sequel.
I want diana in ww2 or vietnam with the JSA.

>wasn't around for WW2
>"i've killed things from other worlds before"
WONDER WOMAN IN SPACE!

Snapper Carr got it on with her consensually.

What do people think would be cool themes/character arcs to explore, rather than just who the villain will be?

>Cheetah
>Cheetah
>Cheetah

Wonder Woman learns the USA is pretty fucked up.

> Smaller scale chase film with Diana tracking Cheetah through exotic locations & jungles.
> Extensive flashbacks to her & Barbara bonding over archeology & mythology.
> Go for a Mr.Freeze from TAS level of sympathetic tragedy to Cheetah.
> Not set in America as Jenkins has said after all.
> I recommend Snek-Fu from Westworld as Barbara...
Nsfw...
youtube.com/watch?v=ewTB9znSBa4
youtube.com/watch?v=Y3RfwNh_5f8

also perhaps some light bondage

literally who

does wonder woman have any 'classic' stories?

like all-star superman of the dark knight returns.

I want the sequel to have Circe as the main antagonist. Not only is she highly entertaining on her own, but she'd be most fitting for the direction the films have taken. Diana's supposed to be going through this arc of shattered faith in people, yeah? Well who better to contrast this than her sadistic misanthropic nemesis?

eww baboon cheetah

wtf? I pulled the fire alarm in a Wonder Woman screening and didn't do a dent!

I say deviate from the Greek mythology stuff, and go with a more 70s action comic feel.

Villain is Dr. Cyber, and the movie is about Diana going to locations across the world attempting to find Cyber's lair in order to prevent her from world conquest.

>wtf? I pulled the fire alarm in a Wonder Woman screening and didn't do a dent!

Wut

I think it'd be cool to have a Wonder Woman film about the military-industrial complex, interventionism, how war is a racket, etc.

Maybe the villain would be some war profiteer, trying to stoke a war so that he or she (Veronica Cale?) can get Congress to approve weapons contracts from his or her company. Or, they want a pipeline built to take the foreign market away from competitors, but one of the countries it would go through won't allow it, so they want to convince the government to pursue regime change.

Or maybe Baroness Paula von Gunther would be this criminal mastermind leader of a neo-fascist/nationalist group in Europe, trying to create a conflict that will spread fear of outsiders and spark a war.

I want Doctor Poison. If not the original it could be the great great granddaughter or something like that.

>Veronica Cale

Hang yourself.

>Diana wasn't active as WW
That means she was a super-spy!

Not really ones that are "classic definitive Wonder Woman stories," but she has a lot of good stories. Just not things that will be on every casual's or newbie's reading list, like TKJ or anything.

Perez's run was good. Rucka's run was good. Simone's run was good. Luke's run was good. I haven't read much of the Jiminez or Loebs stuff yet.

There are also a lot of neat '70s Bronze Age stories, the ones from the decade where she wasn't doing that Emma Peel thing, shortly before the Crisis. I dunno, '70s DC was an awesome time for entertaining one-and-done issues.

Morrison's Earth One is also great. Haven't read the Jill Thompson or that "Legend of Wonder Woman" stuff yet.

ii know it won't happen but i kinda want this sequel

I would vastly prefer Cheetah but IF they go with Circe I want...
> Ruth Wilson (luther)
youtube.com/watch?v=-AB_znetvII
> New 52 sm/ww design only...

Was that Circe from Men of War supposed to be the same as the Wonder Woman character?

The Hiketeia is pretty sold and a decent entry point for new readers.

Giganta's huge boobs and Dr. Psycho being a sinister midget.

You forgot Azzarello's run.

Can they make Giganta look good and not CGI shit?

Seems like instead of having to CGI her, they could just CGI the environment around her to make it small compared to her (like a digital version of miniatures).

But you'd still have to have her interacting with tiny people

Can they do it without looking like shit?

Sadly the financial success of WW means that shes doomed to stale retreads of the same basic arc in every subsequent film.

Also throwing out Sian Brooke (sherlock)
youtube.com/watch?v=CFE-kUk2h6Y

Fairly sure...

>What Do You Want in a Wonder Woman Sequel?

Giganta

Do I really need to tell you who the real ideal Cheetah is?

Lucy Flawless can do posh British better than any Dutch rando.

Get rid of the sword and shield.

They wisely had plenty of screentime of her just using her strength, agility and lasso. I feel like the sword and shield are just cheap ways to make people see it because they didn't have complete faith in a woman superhero or that she'd be distinct enough from other characters.

Now that the movie is a success, they can be a bit more risky, because people will see it with or without the sword and shield.

Then again, a lot of women who are stupid and think a woman beating up or killing men is "empowering" or anything unique whatsoever liked the sword and shield and artists still keep drawing her with it in their fanart.

>Circe should try changing the men of the world into mind controlled women.

THIS THIS THIS THIS

>Get rid of the sword and shield.

She already lost the sword.

You do realize that having the sword and shield allows for more merch right

She had another one in BvS

I'd Magic the gods back to life and adapt the new 52 run over two films

An actual fit wonder woman

Yes but I think the lasso and bracelets are more than enough.

wonder pants

chris pine to return as steve trevors grandson who was named after his heroic grandfather.

Pine did really well, and given how well audiences reacted to his character I wonder if execs are regretting not being able to put him in sequels. It's weird, because almost everything else Pine does is incredibly bland and forgettable.

batman
heh

The Hiketeia, which they could do if they felt like shoehorning Batman into more movies.

The look Blake and Floyd send each other's way always cracks me up.

>pants on wonder woman

Wonder Woman vs The House of Unamerican Activities.

Just for Pine to return.

Diana works at museum, her friend Minerva discovers gates to Underworld both go to explore Minerva gets cursed for sequel, Pine and badass aunt returns from death.
Villians, Circe and Hades. Circe curses Minerva.

Well I like her tight pants.

I want a future of everything sequel of a dark future.

I guess the whole "rescuing a hero's shade from the Underworld" thing is prevalent in Greek myth (Heracles rescuing Theseus, for example), but I dunno... as much as I really like Steve Trevor and it's kinda sad that Diana won't have her main love interest going forward... I feel like a resurrection would feel kinda hokey and cheap. Even in a fantasy film.

Steve
;_;

They should have her fight Zeus. He is causing lighting every where and raping females and being all out mysoginst. Wonder woman must stop him however she loses against Ares first and loses her powers. She then trains and gets an invisible jet and then fights Ares to reclaim her powers. Then She fights Zeus who is now president of the USA. She defeats him and puts Hillary in charge

not necessarily the whole New 52 run, but I'd like to see her meet the New Gods, and explore 4th world, because the "Old Gods" are dead, maybe even have a 3 way with Scott and Barda

She also had a different shield in BvS. This just illustrates that the sword and shield are disposable accessories for Diana. The bracelets and lasso are her primary equipment.

Either Cheetah and a quest to find the Island

Or

Circe and retrieving Steve from the afterlife.

I kind of had this idea for a Wonder Woman trilogy in my head (that would be part of a shared universe), and the third film kinda borrowed from the Eric Luke run and Warkiller, but also had Orion in it.

>Zeus is all like "the Amazons aren't doing enough to spread my influence, especially as these new religions displace our pantheon, so I'm going to create a race of men, led by Achilles Warkiller, to end war and act as my missionaries and make the humans grateful to me

>To become more powerful, Zeus is taking on the gods of other pantheons. But, little does he know, he's being played by Circe, who has struck a deal with Kanto. Kanto is on a mission from Darkseid to take over the Godwave, and Circe benefits by being able to displace Hippolyta as queen, as Achilles Olympians take over Themyscira

>When the Hindu pantheon is under attack, Wonder Woman teams up with Rama Chandra

>They learn that Heaven/The Silver City is being invaded by Parademons, and help Zauriel fight them off

>Boom Tube opens

>It's Orion

>Orion: Wonder Woman, I am Orion. This is an attack by my father.

>Zauriel: What power do you have? Nobody worships you.

>Orion: What kind of god is dependent on his worshipers? Worshipers are dependent on their gods.

Diana, Rama, Zauriel and Orion have to stop Darkseid's plan to have Zeus take over the Godwave for him.

I kinda wonder if it's not so much that her shield and sword are magical in themselves, but rather that whatever weapons she uses are imbued with special properties by her own powers.

Like, any shield she uses, even if it's ordinary, would be able to deflect virtually anything.

Any sword she uses, regardless of who made it, would be able to cut through the toughest opponents.

Also, this would be a phase in the cinematic universe in which Fourth World characters are popping up in different heroes' solo films.

>Superman takes on Intergang, who now have weaponry never seen before (little does Superman know, they are being supplied by Desaad). A Boom Tube transports Superman to the Fourth World, and Lightray sees him and helps him get back to Earth. Superman is like, "who was that guy?"

>End of the film has Superman glimpsing Darkseid for the first time. Kinda like in STAS, where Superman is like "who are you," and Darkseid tortures him with his Omega Beams, and is like "that is who I am," before stepping into the Boom Tube and disappearing.

Pretty much, instead of just having Darkseid show up in some JL movie, I'd want Superman to have some prior history with him, so that when Darkseid ends up being the main villain, Superman is like "this is bad... I've encountered this guy... you have no idea what he's capable of. We have to stop him at any cost."

They really need to find a way to keep Steve around, he carried a lot of the first film.

Since Dr. Poison escaped, what if she continued her work in WWII, and after the Nazis were defeated, fled down to South America, where she experimented on people? And then in present day, one of her creations is still around...

Steve Hal Jordan the grand or great grand son of Steve Trevor
GODS
Generic large woman who's "funny" and has the nickname Candy
Cheetah