I HURT MYSELF TODAY

I HURT MYSELF TODAY

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/35059-major-marvel-legacy-announcement-coming-friday.html
community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?97293-Can-we-PLEASE-have-a-Kevin-Feige-intervention-in-Marvel-Comics
newsarama.com/35079-marvel-legacy-titles-and-counting.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Marvel unironically advertised fucking gimmick covers as an INDUSTRY-CHANGING EVENT

WHERE'S ULTIMATES YOU HACK FRAUDS

i thought it was funny and now i realize there's no ultimates and i'm sad

USAvengers going to space is mighty close tho

wait, what's happening?

Surely that wasn't it, right? I mean there's still a few hours left for a surprise announce--
>It's 6:11 EST
Welp.

Bobby, you're gay.

there should exist a rule about posting tumbr-twitter shit on Sup Forums. it's nothing but marveldrones and DC shills yelling at each other.

so what is the industry changing thing ?

The big huge event that is changing the face of the industry was some variant covers that are inspired by some old covers of random issues.

Yesterday:

newsarama.com/35059-major-marvel-legacy-announcement-coming-friday.html

>Marvel has released a new image teasing a Marvel Legacy announcement that the publisher says fans "have been longing for," to be made on Friday, June 23 - one that it also claims will "change the comic book industry."

Today:

>A bunch of variants

Homage covers... fucking homage covers.

They said there would be 6 major announcements. Of those, 3 of them are:
>Death of Jane Foster
>Sam's back as Falcon
>new Marvel Two-in-One
But I can't for the life of my figure out what the other 3 "huge" announcements are supposed to be? Either there's still stuff left to announce or that just goes to show how much of a nothing announcement this is.

That there won't be an industry after Marvel drives it into the ground.

But...
No. It's so dumb i wouldn't expect it to be true. It's so basic. It's basic logic. What the hell?

So if I'm getting you right its that Marvel Legacy isn't an event but a round of variant covers like that Hip-hip thing?

>>Sam's back as Falcon
Really?
>>new Marvel Two-in-One
What is that?

Ms Marvel, Spider-Man in jail, and Old Man Logan killing a bunch of guys.

So when will Disney step in and fire everyone in editorial (and like half the writers)?

Because they're starting to run out of old comics to make into cashcow movies.

Literally nothing. That's the problem. They were hyping up the fact that they were going to be announcing some HUGE announcements that was going to change the industry with how ground breaking they were and it ended up just being:
>gimmick cover month where every book gets an homage cover (except Runaways for some reason)
>Moon Knight, Falcon, and Spirit of Vengeance ongoings
>new Marvel Two-in-One
So literally the only thing worth getting mildly excited about is the new 2-in-1 and since we don't know the creative teams and the cover for it is by fucking MALIN, that doesn't bode well.

The classic one was a team up book starring the Thing, the new one looks like it might be a Ben and Johnny team up book but we don't actually know

>What is that?
Thing with Human Torch team up

>What's DC doing that we aren't?
>Sonething with the number 52 again?
>Let's try THAT!

>Really?
Yep, and his new costume looks awful.

>What is that?
Thing and Human Torch team-up book. The original Marvel Two-in-One ongoing from the 70s/80s is one of the all-time greatest Marvel ongoings. It's unlikely that this one will end up being anywhere near as good as the original, but at the very least, it's nice that the F4 characters aren't getting completely fucked over.

>So when will Disney step in and fire everyone in editorial (and like half the writers)?
Never? Why would they?

Okay so.
>Sam is gonna be falcon again
>Jane is gonna die

So we going back to white boys? Thor is gonna get his hammer back?

>Because they're starting to run out of old comics to make into cashcow movies.

You seem confused

There's like tens of thousands of issues they could pull from. Are we even close to 1000 Marvel movies? I could think of a hundred characters they haven't even used yet

>literally just a bunch of gimmick variant covers
>they also release side by side comparisons to the old covers
>100% of the old covers are superior to the homages

>the new one looks like it might be a Ben and Johnny team up book

That seems to correspond with that rumor that Fox wants to do a new Fantastic Four film with just Johnny and Ben and Franklin and Val

because DC comics are making money and Marvel is pouring used motor oil all over its veggie garden?

>Let's continue to rip off DC
Marvel is losing my respect. Only good thing is Thor and they gave him a vagina.

You got it in one, mate.

community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?97293-Can-we-PLEASE-have-a-Kevin-Feige-intervention-in-Marvel-Comics
HAHAHAHAHA

How? How can one company be so incompetent?

So its the Marvel New 52 except they aren't changing any of the stories or creative teams and are just gonna stamp a shiny LEGACY™ picture on their titles and roll them out with higher prices like that Venom issue with Eddie Brock.

So basically nothing has changed.

ur dumb, dont post anymore plz

Where's the CBR cuck who literally went
>It's ok when Marvel does it!
When Marvel announced they were charging MORE for LESS fucking pages in their one shot? I want to see him defend this.

No user, this changes the industry forever.

Actually it's just the Marvel 52, there's nothing new about it.

all points he might have made get undermined by a fucking tracer quote signature

They don't have to make good quality product (comic books). Any loss on their end is covered by Disney, who is just breaking box office records every year with Marvel movies, and that's just one of Disney's many successful properties

They could write comic books about Spider-Man wiping his ass and only sell 10 copies and seriously nobody in their company would give a fuck

I only saw animated gifs of the covers, I just want to see the covers, not them changed from one to the other.

>Any loss on their end is covered by Disney

Disney is kinda ruthless as a corporation when cutting losing segments (look at their 2D animation studios)

>it's nothing but marveldrones and DC shills yelling at each other.
just like every other thread ever?

Just stop you DCschill.

52?

Movies and merch, cartoons and all their other Marvel shit will more than pay for any loss from the comics end

I mean we're talking THE biggest film franchise of all time. That's big dick money

>Marvel Comics needs to get around A list talent working with them again, but most definitely they need to find their Geoff Johns. Jonathan Hickman had literally EVERYTHING to be that guy. Hell, Hickman could do better than Johns if he was paid his worth.

No. I mean I have problems with Johns' work from time to time, but I don't think Hickman would work in the equivalent role.

I don't know how anyone could delude themselves into thinking Hickman could fill that role after his Avengers shitshow.

So when will Disney take out Marvel comics Old Yeller style?

Never. MARVEL IS BASED.

I don't...
How?
Do they have mental issues? A retard would tell you it's a dumb idea and not groundbreaking at all.
How do you think "homage pics are groundbreaking and will get people invested"?

How did CBR react? I saw that Ribbit was outraged and Twitter was really disappointed.

Hickman was too much their Ellis or Morrison (a roll Ewing clearly wants)

Bendis is the closest to Marvel's Johns, but hes just not liked enough to draw interest simply for him being on the title.

Almost everyone on the forums has been saying it's a letdown.

>when it's so bad that even shill central is negative

Dude, Warner Bros intervened, when DC was losing, why Disney can't?

So they made Sam the Falcon again, but they kept his ongoing? Where's the real captain America and his ongoing? When the fuck did the ducking F A L C O N get his own comic?

>Marvel Two in One

Really? Well I appreciate it Marvel even if we all know it'll last 12 issues tops.

Then why publishing comic books at all?
Why not just close a comic book division?
And only publish comic book adaptations of the movies?

It's not the first time, remember this from last year?

Hickman has zero interest in doing company comics at the moment. I don't remember any beef with Marvel over leaving, just that he wanted to focus on his own shit.

Even the shills that defended the diversity characters are disappointed.

So now that Marvel is officially dead what should I add to my pull list to compliment all the DC in it?

Marvel outsells everyone.

That picture is outdated. The final results were even more smashing for marvel

More like
>overships everyone
>overcharges everyone
>overproduces comics
They are Over-

he was at the last Marvel retreat and mentioned having something in the works, but yea he has like 4 or 5 other books in some stage of production at Image, so I don't see him doing anything at Marvel for another year at least.

You can add whatever you want, you are finally free

They have to keep publishing the comics so that the IP's don't end up having expired or defunct copyrights or trademarks. The comics are an IP machine for Disney at this point. That's why they let them do whatever the fuck they want.

This is extremely funny situation, they've already set themselves up for failure and you know already that Brevoort and Alonso are already thinking how the hell they're going to "revamp the line" once this fails.

They don't have to publish it monthly, they can publish it quarterly. Why not cutting down the losses, I mean, they still have to pay all these colorists, writers, artists, letterers, janitors, toilet cleaners, and it's not a small amount of money

Or they can just register the trademarks and publish nothing. It would be the cheapest thing to do.

newsarama.com/35079-marvel-legacy-titles-and-counting.html
Here is a complete list of the 52 titles:
>All-New Guardians of the Galaxy
>All-New Wolverine
>Amazing Spider-Man
>Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows
>America
>Astonishing X-Men
>Avengers
>Black Bolt
>Black Panther
>Cable
>Champions
>Daredevil
>Deadpool
>Defenders
>Doctor Strange
>Falcon
>Generation X
>Hawkeye
>Iceman
>Incredible Hulk
>Invincible Iron Man
>Jean Grey
>Jessica Jones
>Luke Cage
>Marvel Two-In-One
>Mighty Captain Marvel
>Mighty Thor
>Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur
>Moon Knight
>Monsters Unleashed
>Ms. Marvel
>Old Man Logan
>Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man
>Punisher
>Royals
>Secret Warriors
>She-Hulk
>Spider-Gwen
>Spider-Man
>Spirits of Vengeance
>U.S. Avengers
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
>Venom
>Weapon X
>X-Men: Blue
>X-Men: Gold

It's an incredibly cheap IP farm.

How much does it really take to run Marvel or DC? Just the comics part, not the other shit, and not counting executive's giant paychecks. A couple million a year? Five? MAYBE ten? As long as they're cranking out 50+ books a month, a few of them are going to be exploitable in other mediums. For every 100 of the go-nowhere and do-nothing characters that get invented and disappear, you'll get a Kamala that actually works and becomes somewhat popular (it's still comics, any new character pretty much has a cap on how popular it can become).

tl:dr

Not really, assuming that the films fuck up at the box office, they'd still need to produce stuff. Having a comic published every month would help them not have to worry about things.

>It's an incredibly cheap
it's not cheap because they have to employ gazillion of people and spend all the money of promotion and yadda yadda. And there are always cheaper ways to farm an IP. You don't need comics at all.

So there big announcement was that they didn't feel like making new covers for their comics so they just traced a bunch from their old comics and called it a day. A legacy day for lazy assholes.

But you didn't answer, why does it have to be monthly? Why does it have to be at all? If no one is caring about the comics, what's the point? Worry about what? That marvel won't do another misstep? Or bring even more ill will towards their products? Without comics, there wouldn't be such a riot against inhumans.

Out of 52 announced titles, only three or four are actually new.

No creative teams were announced for any of the titles.

>52
Really Marvel?

some have teams, Thor had Aaron and Dautermann and Pak was on Weapon X with TBA

It's cheap when it turns a profit at the end of the day but less risky than original movies or TV shows because of low investment costs for testing the waters.

It's a shill central, no joke:

>" What Marvel would need almost is someone with the knowledge of Tom Brevoort but the writing chops of Brian Bendis. I don't know that there's any such person. "

We've hit rock bottom, lads.

I actually like most of what they've said so far but this is still hilarious.

>profit
we don't know how much profit it gives
>less risky
except all the negative word of mouth
>low investment
it's like you deliberately miss the part of paying people for their work. Do you think that the artists are cheap? I know that their work looks cheap, but they aren't.

I remember reading few years ago in one of the columns by Brian Cronin about all these abandoned comics, and projects. And keep in mind, while they were never published, everyone involved in these projects got paid a huge amount of money, so it's not a "low" investment.

They have this rule that they can't criticize a writer.

You forgot Ben Reilly, Uncanny Avengers and Spider-Man vs (formerly "/") Deadpool. Fuller list on BC

Captain America may be back in November.

Why do you want them to stop publishing comics so bad? Do you even like comics? Fuck off back to Sup Forums.

Because if something goes away, then that mess even less public visibility. Before you suddenly respond with "No one read comics anyway XD" or some shit, look at how badly WB handled their Looney Tunes and H-B properties for a long time which ended up in low visibility.

A comic being published allows three different avenues of visibility at this point, comic shop (and newsstand market), bookstore, digital.

Also what said

>ask a legitimate question
>gets a "gtfo" retort
great arguments

I feel like Marvel's tried to latch onto the numerology of 52 in the past, only for it to backfire when they fail to resist making a jab at DC while doing so. Does anybody else recall this happening?

My bad, dog.

It's a low investment compared to television, movies, and most other entertainment options. One that you can spin off into things like tv and movies if they prove successful. Especially with Marvel Comics which is still profitable as a whole.

>we don't know how much profit it gives
I'm sure we could look up figures but as long as they make enough to stay afloat and still be in competitive in the market which they appear to be doing so far actual numbers don't matter.

>except all the negative word of mouth
Less risky compared to tv and movies dingus.

>Do you think that the artists are cheap?
Again. Compared to hire crews a cast of actors plus all of the other costs of making tv shows and movies comics are ver VERY cheap.

Maybe one of the backgrounds in a Bendis title with the police department? He always has people taking shots at DC in the background of his police stations

Okay, visibility. That's one thing. But they could produce custom comics, or some giveaways.
And maybe readers fulfill a role of beta testers.

But then again, if the argument is that only merchandise matters, and comics are too small to give a shit, it's really strange that marvel has too put so much resources in their comic book division, because even if it gives shitty results, it still requires a lot of work.

What actually is weird, is that IDW is publishing Disney comics, instead of marvel. It's like Disney itself didn't want marvel touch their properties. I wouldn't be surprised if Star Wars comics became a separate company

Nah, it was a bit less subtle than even a Bendis police station scene. I'll look it up.

You can like comics and not just read any bullshit that's being made. So yeah. You can like them and not want a company to produce stuff if it's gonna be shit. There are other comics from other companies and they deserve more presence.