Rick and Morty

Why does Sup Forums hate R&M that much? I am not the biggest fan of the show but im wondering. Is it because it is popular on Reddit?

Am i missing something here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QjbyFM7fW9o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

People like it. it's just crossposters from Sup Forums that are upset with it or Roiland deliberately shitposting.

Yeah, i sometimes see R&M threads.

I doubt that a famous person would be spending his time advertising here.

Thanks

I disliked it because its unfunny to the point of offending me.
I hate it because I have to constantly hear people lecture me on how it's the most brilliant television currently out there a la BBT.

Yeah it repeats itself a bit but it has some funny parts. I have never known a person irl that knows the show, probaply because it doesnt air on TV

It's hard to believe but he actually used to post here. However given the success of the show he's probably too distracted by all the money and pussy he's currently getting.

yeah :D

> its unfunny to the point of offending me

Sup Forumsmblr is real, those that disbelieve it are fools.

Honestly dude it's the most underrated way to crush puss. Girls these days are strange, the minute they sense quality staging or dialogue they go fucking crazy for the d.

It's basically the only real reason I'm in animation desu.

Honestly, I might actually like it if Rick didn't burp and drool every second.

The high-school level Nihilistic Spiels are incredibly annoying, and the Show tries too hard at having meaningfully serious moments, despite killing any chance of that off in the beginning of season 3.

Personally i found it funny but it is kind annoying

Because Rick Sanchez is a spic.

I think probably just luked here once to know the place then returned to reddit

>I have never known a person irl that knows the show, probaply because it doesnt air on TV
Are you posting from an alternate universe or something? Rick and Morty airs on Adult Swim/Cartoon Network.

I am not american, they dont have Adult Swim here where i live. (Finland)

I was just about to answer the same

god fuck that

it's popular with normies now so it's triggering the Sup Forums contrarian instinct. the show isn't terrible but only about 50% of it is actually funny

Mostly this, I think. It seems like people love it when it's on, but fans are really obnoxious during the gap when it's not.

Its not surprising, the Sup Forums population has been rising damn near exponentially since 2013.

The internet ruined it for me mostly. A somewhat funny "lol so random" joke in that show makes the internet go crazy
>bring le schezwan sauce back xd
Fucking everywhere for weeks
Also it's very pandering to nihilists, which makes it annoying to me. It kinda feels like its meant to appeal to some edgy teenager who just became a nihilist, stopped caring about most things, and thinks he's super smart just because of it. If it weren't pandering as much, I'm sure I wouldn't mind it at all

The sauce thing was obvious gorilla marketing, the shill memes were forced as fuck.

Yeah same here. It was really hard to get through the pilot episode because of that. But it sorta improved after that

Ive been arguing with my friend over why i think its shit/why he thinks its great. Tbh i still think im completely right, cuz his only counterpoints were that i didnt watch the whole thing, and that different people have different tastes.

I hate it, i truly hate the show because it tries to pass itself as an intelectually superior show for intelectually superior people without backing it up. No quality humor, no profound thought, mediocre animation, typical plots that always strive to return to status quo.
The attempts at humor are just rick acting like an alcoholic, morty being unpleased with the current state of things, mortys dad being clueless about everything and life being shit. Fucking hell, if i wanted to laugh at surreal sociopathy id watch south park, which does it infinitely better. Cartman doesnt repeat his every single statement multiple times with different wording and burping in between, and stan and the others dont whine with shrill, ear piercing howls but instead tell cartman that hes a fat fucking faggot.
But it wouldnt be so bad if only the humor was a bit stale. No, the worst thing about the show is that they try to sell you some fucking edgelord 16yo philosophy that nothing in life matters, normies are stupid, governments are corrupt bla bla bla. WOW dude thats fucking NEWS to me! How did you come up with all this stuff like DUDE are you a fucking god? Are you a messiah coming to tell me stuff that i already fucking know but with burping and drooling? That is hilarious! To that i say L. O. L. (Laughing Out Loud in internet jargon, you normals wouldnt figure it out ;)

And yeah, thats supposed to be smart. Its no better that TBBT, but at least i dont want to punch every single fucking character in TBBT, and it embraces the fact that despite being about smart people, its not very smart

God does that show fucking infuriate me

I hope this becomes a copypasta

babbys first taste of nihilistic humour and content, the early phases is humour but the show is weak and is not even funny. The people watching RM missed family guy and futurama before it, depressing cartoons for a quick gag.

At least simpsons had heart.

>Futurama
>Depressing cartoon for a quick gag

Hahahaha what?

Mostly the Reddit thing. Didn't one of the creators come here to devil's advocate shitpost about the show?

>unfunny to the point of offending me.
How can you be offended by something not being funny?

Personally, I like the show because it has a good sense of pacing to it. It's quick and to the point, but not TOO fast where it feels like everyone's threatening to talk over each other. Also, it introduces some ideas that are interesting or at least puts a humorous twist on well-worn ideas. Chris Parnell plays a perfect putz as Jerry, Roiland's range has been somewhat limited but still makes up for it in the dialogue for playing the title characters, Spencer Grammar does a good job at nailing that bratty tone for Summer, and so on. And the guest voices they bring on are solid, too (Rob Paulsen, Maurice LaMarche, Tress MacNeille, Tom Kenny, etc.)

Like the whole Raising Gazorpazorp episode. How many of you guys went "oh god this is gonna suck" when you heard the premise of it being about animosity between two genders? It could have gone really, really badly. But instead we got shit like babies being flung by giant slingshots outside, the first extended interaction between Rick and Summer with some good dialogue ("Now I have to take over a whole planet because of your stupid boobs!"). Also, I think this show is sort of helping to fill a gap that Futurama left, what with it bein a sci-fi comedy and shit. And I fucking loved the Season 3 opener, I can't believe they wrote their way outta what they ended on for Season 2. It was legitimately exciting watching Rick simultaneously fuck over the Council of Ricks and the Galactic Federation. I don't know how they're gonna top that.

>some fucking edgelord 16yo philosophy that nothing in life matters, normies are stupid, governments are corrupt bla bla bla
You fucking nigger people have been saying this since Greek times. All of it is still true.

it gets way better in s2 with the burping and the whole "repeating each other's name"

Dude there are like two copypastas about R&M already, we don't need a third one

April 1st, 2017

Of course it is you fucking faggot, but I dont need a shitty futurama wannabe to tell me that

But they do have pulu memes

then you say "it doesn't air (in my third world shit hole)"

>show is mean spirited to the point of being unpleasant
>really shit design for characters
>wants us to feel bad for characters that are horrible people at best, genocidal maniacs at worst
>LOLSORANDUMB humor
>references galore
>Justin Roiland has an annoying voice that makes me want to pour boiling water into my ears
>obnoxious reddit-level atheism

I just watched 8 episodes (six from first, 2 from season 2 and 3( and found it unfunny. It gets meme spammed way too much. And I find the main characters intolerable to listen to.
>"repeating each other's name"
That's the other part that intensely annoys me. For some reason I dislike it when people call each other's name so often. It's distracting and hits a nerve with me.

Roiland admitted on multiple occasions that he has shitposted in R&M threads.

He pretty much confirmed it himself

This is why AS hired Harmon, so he can turn Roilands channery into something enjoyable for reddit.
Now they have creative differences, because Harmon wants politics (24/7 Trump bashing) and Roiland wants to keep them out.

>show is mean spirited to the point of being unpleasant
>wants us to feel bad for characters that are horrible people at best, genocidal maniacs at worst

Hi Mr. Enter

Because fags keep shilling the stupid show on /tv. Also they do all the same quotes every time. I can mathmatically prove bla bla bla

Stop making these threads, justin

>not an argument

Edgy teenagers can't get enough of this show. That tells you everything you need to know.

ha europoor fags
i can't watch it either in germany

I hate the nihilism in it.

You have to be autistic to hate an animated television show that only airs at midnight on a cable channel. Does that answer your question?

LONG AGO, FOR A DISTANT APRIL FOOLS

I like it, but I've had no urge to rewatch an episode or anything. Even when the only thing on TV is a Rick and Morty episode, I usually turn the TV off and read a book or something.

It's normie-tier plebbit "comedy"

This. It's not bad and personally I think it's worth a watch, but it's not amazing or groundbreaking like people try to make it out to be. It's just a goofy AS cartoon. Personally I think people just over-hype it because when it came out it was one of the only cartoons worth watching AS for. They were still really heavy into the live action garbage and KOTH/Family Guy reruns 24/7 stage at the time and it was a breath of fresh air.

to be fair, it's a goofy AS cartoon that doesn't look like complete ass, with next to no motion (slideshows like metalocalypse and aqua teen and such), made on a budget that affords them a staff of 5 people
it's a lot more visually appealing than most similar shows, which probably helps its popularity

Definitely. Metalocalypse is probably the best flash cartoon AS will ever see but it's still noticeably made in flash and jarring before you get used to it. Metal's a lot more niche nowadays too. ATHF was animated badly intentionally and is probably still one of their biggest shows ratings-wise but R&M came out post-movie when their quality was slipping.

I like it because i pretty much compare it to anything else on [as]. there's nonsensical live-action, squidbillies, then there's the handful of whatever category R&M lands into.

Me and my girlfriend thought it was a good watch and it appeals to my sense of humor so I don't see much fault in the show. In the 2 seasons it has had, not once have do a double take and go "What the fuck? That's stupid"
Most of the main cast has given me a good laugh with the exception of Beth because fuck beth. It's just a witty show. I don't know? It backs up its hype in my eyes.

Remember in middle school when all the popular kids liked the hip music and tv shows at the time like Friends, and you liked Toonami anime?

You hated and resented the stuff the popular kids liked.

This is the same shit going on atm on Sup Forums with Rick and Morty

It doesn't pander to my reactionary Christian beliefs.

also something something reddit something something nihilism is evil

But the nihilist Rick is a jackass piece of shit who fucks things up pretty constantly.

The second season was moderately disappointing.

I think he means that the show's humor is cringewrothy

I dunno. I like it. It makes me chuckle. I don't think it's too far up its own ass or anything and it's not really making a point. Fucking Saskatchewan sauce.

I'd imagine that Sup Forums hates it because we're largely made up of contrarian hipster douchebags and closet/open tumblrfags. Not that I'm exempt

I'm not going to hail it as the second coming of Christ, however, in humor. Archer had humor that referenced intellectual shit that made me chuckle my ass off because I got it, as well as clever timing and jokes (at least early on).
Wander over Yonder was good ol' classic cartoon fun with gags and jokes and just good ol' humor that made me laugh my ass off.

R&M is crass humor with surprise gags or shock gags. That's about it. Anyone who tries to ellevate Rick and Morty into some higher plane of intellectual interest is a dipshit. Not as an opinion, but as a fact.

It's because they hit a niche with the shade of nihilism in S1 and now their heads are twisted backwards from dicksucking

Like, the difference between the Pilot and what the show has become is staggering. I know that's not really anything new. Hell, Superjail was arguably only good in the Pilot. In any case, the first time we ever see R&M, it's all about adventure and black comedy, right? It's not as much that it was episodic, but for the most part, the titular duo is just doing fukken whatever. It's all for fun, even when it leads them down a darker road. We get a couple of glimpses about Rick feeling bad about his dickish nature, but it all plays back into wanting to spend time with Morty, even if he doesn't want to admit it.

Then you swap to Season 2, and they try to make into something a bit deeper. Instead of being a dick that still wants to be with his family, Rick's this distanced ass with a troubled past that's all dark and shit. Like sure, here we see why his wife left him or maybe her leaving him is what's got him all fucked up, but they don't really seem to know what to do with it. Characterization is all fukken rushed n' shit with most of it just ending up being exposition dumped by Bird Person. Then because they have their heads twisted up their asses on how to make Rick this nuanced and depressed character, they completely neglect Morty and also the comedy of the show, so we get forced episodes like Interdimensional Cable 2, Get Shwifty, and Look Who's Purging now.

But the whole time everyone's sucking off the show like the creators because all Rick's supposed to be this above all badass or some other BS. You see it in S301 where they have that shot of Rick walking up with the gun and a smirk on his face after a forced political joke about fiat currency. It all feeds back into fuel for those autistic nihilists that think they're better than everyone after their prostates twinged from Morty saying nothing matters in S1E8.

Roiland has posted here. He read a line for me on a Sup Forums thread.

I'll agree that Get Shwifty and Look Who's Purging Now aren't good but they don't display the problems you assert. Get Shwifty doesn't have any 2dark4u stuff with Rick and LWPN has way more Morty than Rick.

He's saying that in making Rick a 2dark4u character they neglected the comedy, so they shat out those episodes to bring it back.

Reading comprehension, man. I said that those episodes are rushed attempts to be funny and focus on Morty because they neglected those elements throughout the rest of the season, resulting in forced pieces of shit that flopped unceremoniously onto the linoleum.

I understand now, user!

Reruns, M-Morty. They air these same few epis(burrrp)sodes that it turns your brain into mush, Morty. It's why Samurai Jack is now shit too, because they couldn't just let it have it's original run and let the series sleep for awhile, no they had to marathon that fucker right after then do reruns after that.

and now add to that these people here...
People who are the total opposite of us.

Oh I knew you would. You and me, we get each other. Always have, always will.

>R&M
I thought for a second you meant "Robot and Monster"

because it's a meme show and every episode has been taylor made for reddit

It IS Roiland shitposting.

I forgot which interview it is, but Roiland straight up says he scours Sup Forums and Sup Forums to shitpost every R&M thread into complete shit because he likes to destroy his own shit.

To top it off, both Roiland and Harmon really fucking hate Reddit (they discussed their hatred for the habit of Reddit to absolutely catalog and register every little tidbit on a fictional universe to the point where they stop treating media like media and more like homework), so of course Roiland is going to accuse his own show of being Reddit shit.

I just watch the show and ignore all the buzz. I find it much easier to enjoy things in a vacuum.

Fandoms are fucking retarded and I urge everyone to avoid them like plague if you don't want your enjoyment ruined.

Curtis Armstrong deserves to work on better projects than that piece of shit.

ALLAHU AKBAR

Justin wants the show to be as good as it can so he comes here to try and get the most scathing criticism he can. I actually really respect that. So many content creators are so thin skinned that they can't even handle polite suggestions. Meanwhile Justin comes here and presents his asshole for everyone to rip open. I'm not being melodramatic there, he goads people into being as harsh as they can.

Granted, the supposed brutality of Sup Forums (especially Sup Forums) is greatly exaggerated by people who like to tell internet ghost stories, but at least we aren't /r/rickandmorty, who will endlessly quote anything that Rick says 3 or more times.

Don't get me wrong, but I think you might be projecting some of your own personal issues onto the show

>autism
I'm sorry your brain don't work no good user

No, the problem is with the community guy, he killed the show.

What's wrong with atheism?

Pedro is just mad that he's too stupid to understand evolution, like the retarded spic he is.

Sup Forums dislikes anything that becomes popular

Then why doesn't Sup Forums hate Sup Forums? Sup Forums has been famous and popular ever since that FoxNews report on far-left hackers on steroids that pirate movies, blow up yellow vans through the internet and hack Myspace.

>Then why doesn't Sup Forums hate Sup Forums?
You're telling me it doesn't?

*explodes*

But Sup Forums hate Sup Forums.

Buddy, you're gonna shit yourself when you here this

Because Sup Forums's demographic can be summarized in three categories: those who stayed during the exodus, those who left during the exodus but quietly returned and newfags.

Newfags tend to overdo it. They think Sup Forums is Rorschach or The Comedian when, really, Sup Forums is more like the fat creep that Rorschach murders. The oldfags (if you can call them that) who stayed during the exodus are alright. They tend to be content creators and make the site worth going on. Now, the users who left during the exodus but came back are the real fucking losers. They're the faggots who think that this is still 2007 and that anonymoose is still out bringing perps to justice. They take the whole "internet hate machine" to an embarrassing extreme and only left to 8chán (sorry, spam detection) because Sup Forums wasn't edgy enough. Then they came back when they realized that a shoddily programmed site run by a cripple with 1/10th the userbase and no quality control wasn't as good as they thought.

Basically, the "real" Sup Forums (like from the golden years) is genuine and irreverent. Rick And Morty gets a lot of hate from faggots who, ironically, care too much about looking like they don't care. That isn't to say that Rick And Morty isn't above criticism. It's fine to love it, hate it, be totally indifferent, whatever. First Amendment, yo. But the constant "reddit and memey" shitposts are coming from people who heard about Sup Forums from videos on youtube about scary internet stories, and they've hurt this place more than Bill Hitchert.

Sup Forums hates itself, don't you see everyone insulting everyone all the time? when did you join yesterday?

Reddit loves it

I feel like you've missed the point, and like most of Sup Forums and reddit gotten it a bit backwards.

I like it, because these days pretty much every show is presented as 'lighthearted, wacky adventures but secretely it's really deep and full of lore' ala adventure time, while R&M subverts this by at being '2deep5u nihilistic with a wicked sense of humour' on the surface, while at it's core it's nothing but absolute nonsense.

youtube.com/watch?v=QjbyFM7fW9o

"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning, they're jsut stupid drawings that give you a cheap laugh"

I'd be willing to bet this is what's been causing all the delays and troubles with production, the new writers not understanding this.

>wub dub god doesn't le exists morty xD

What's with the Western word's obsession with religion? I'm Slav and I don't get it.

True this familama

>Me and my girlfriend
Faget