Network starts new cartoon show

>Network starts new cartoon show
>Network airs several episodes of new cartoon show
>Network puts cartoon show on 6 month hiatus destroying any interest in new cartoon show
>Network inevitably cancels new cartoon show due to lack of interest/ratings.
Why does this keep happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

ohmy.disney.com/insider/2016/02/15/inside-the-decision-to-end-gravity-falls/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They think it helps and after Steven Universe did it, FUCKING EVERYONE did it. The Loud House, Star Vs. Milo Murphy, Spongebob, Regular Show, Gumball, We Bare Bears, Clarence, etc. The reason why it tanks is because in unlike Steven Universe, New shows and comedy shows do not have hype behind them and a reason to tune in either EVERY DAY at 4/3c!™©® or every week at a EXTREMELY early timeslot. I mean, are they kidding? Who is going to watch Clarence at 3 in the afternoon and Tangled and 6::00 In the evening. Fucking nobody. It's too early. It also gets grating to have to tune in every day for mixed bag shows and finding the time to do so.

What works for Steven Universe (most popular cartoon lore show) does not fit a good business model for other cartoons. Especially comedy shows like Clarence, Gumball, and Milo Murphy. It sucks.

But they've already renewed Tangled: The Series for a second season.

Its on Disney though and they don't give a fuck if you watch it since toys are the money maker this show will be poping out an episode or two for the next twenty years.
Tangled has an full series green light, meaning it will go as long as its creator wants to, like Star Wars Rebels. The hiatus ends next month on the 23rd or something.

>8 episodes left
>The show is practically cancelled already
>Bring it back after 6 months
>Dumps 4 episodes in a week
>The rest are no where to be found

YO, WHERE'S THE OTHER HALF, BITCH?

>Network burns off episodes in batches
This is the new trend.

More like where the fuck's the rips

Whenever they get new ones back from animation they schedule a shitload of them.

It works great if the show is good enough, like pic related. Too bad pretty much every other cartoon is overrated.

It's the only reason why this and Steven Universe work. They get everyone hype and allow people to build theories inbetween episodes. It's the maximum cartoon experience I wish more shows would follow.

But SU has the much worse problem of being SJW trash.

>In Japan
>Network starts cartoon show
>Network airs show consecutively for 13 weeks
>Network ends show/starts 2nd cour

Grow up.

That's what I did. Tumblr is mostly college hipsters in case you didn't know.

Great foot game even in 2D.

The problem of Tangled is simply that it doesn't have any plot so far.
And we all already know how it will end through Tangled Ever After.

No offense, but those feet look like a 6 year old made them from construction paper.

They set up a pretty interesting plot in the TV movie and the first episode with the black spikes

I wish they'd get back to that. But I don't mind too much since all of the episodes have been developing characters and relationships

As if that's going to stop me.

Meh, not enough Maximus to really carry the show.

I have a feeling Mandy got caught up with some This is Us stuff which delayed production on the back half of the episodes, but they still wanted to keep the same start date. At least they filled the void with some shorts

Are you guys on crack? Frequent long hiatuses aren't good for anyone. Especially if the show has an over-arching plot. People forget WTF was going on and lose all hype. The only time a hiatus can be beneficial is a few months in-between seasons, or a few weeks before the multi-episode finale so if the people got complacent, they can re-start the hype train.

SU, even though it's the biggest thing on CN right now, decimated their fanbase by being about as reliable with air times as a crack-smoking African-American father with his child support payments. Venture Bros is arguably one of the best adult-oriented shows of this century and almost no one fucking knows it exists because it disappears for years at a time. It has no fanbase presence to speak of. I don't know what the hell executives are doing in recent years, but I hope it blows up in their face, heads will roll, and we get some new people who know what a fucking schedule is and how to follow it.

I don't mind, they seem to be world building before the plot happens. Also they seem to be promoting it through a new batch of merchandise, so it must be popular enough despite all that. I went to the Disney Store and they had a bunch of stuff from the series. They even had a line of Tsum Tsums. Why they chose Pub Thug instead of Varian is beyond me he was on other merch though.

Perhaps execs are all already banking on the target audience just wanting to binge-watch the shows, and are treating TV broadcasts only as some kind of early-preview exclusives

>Too bad pretty much every other cartoon is overrated.
And the best one airing is underrated.

How am I supposed to recognize that shit? Name your cartoon, faggot.

I think it's Elana of Avalor based on the initials in the name. It's Disney's TV only Disney Princess.

Point proven.

It's Elena of Avalor.

>Disney Junior
I know we like cartoons here, but come on guys.

>It works great

it worked TERRIBLY for Gravity Falls. The creator hated Disney playing with his fans like that, and inevitably killed the third season and made the second one's ending unsatisfactory, riddled with errors, and fucking shit

Sure, Sup Forums followed it, but tons of people I knew lost interest or lost track of Gravity Falls because it would literally be half a year between episodes

Wrong, it's Disney Channel.

It airs on Jr as well but so does Tangled.

>The creator hated Disney playing with his fans like that, and inevitably killed the third season
Read this you fucking faggot:
ohmy.disney.com/insider/2016/02/15/inside-the-decision-to-end-gravity-falls/

>Who is going to watch Clarence at 3 in the afternoon and Tangled and 6:00 In the evening. Fucking nobody. It's too early
Children, you retard. They don't have jobs and by now are probably on summer vacation, making the 3pm timeslot viable.

and apparently im just as retarded for linking to the wrong post somehow.

of course there were other factors you double faggot, but he also expressed severe annoyance on his twitter about the executives being assholes about the show's release schedule and how unhappy his fans were

Which is a mite more honest than a structured, polite interview

Princess Sofia the First is awesome.

Where the fuck did you come from, you fucking newfag? The Hack couldn't into deadlines and creativity, so the burned out procrastinator compressed seasons 2B and 3 into 2B and proceeded to fuck off to suck Roilands cock at Fox in hopes of an edgy adult show. That's why the end of GF is such fucking shit compared to the rest of the series. That's why everyone on here hates that alcoholic.

I'd like to know this too. Whatever happened to waiting for the animators to be finished animating the season before airing it? We wouldn't have to suffer a long hiatus with only a couple episodes if they waited properly.

>other factors
I told you to READ the article. Not skim it assuming you already know what it says.

He was burnt out from taking on too much work, you fucking piece of shit user. To the point that he wanted to quit after 20 episodes, then 30, and then finally settled at 40 (which really became more than 41).

And his show is literally one of a kind in modern animation, I don't give a shit what the autists on Sup Forums say. It's the only modern cartoon I've been able to genuinely enjoy. No bullshit plot contrivances, no constant SJW insertion, no lolsorandom garbage that pretends to be deep. Just incredibly good writing.

Except, of course, the ending ala

>Mabel did nothing wrong! Dipper is a cunt for asking her to do a single damn thing for him!
>The symbols turned out to be useless
>Stan's noble sacrifice and the emotional impact that could have sealed the show as a masterpiece is erased in under two minutes
>Bill, an all-powerful demon who can summon cages from thin air, physically chasing the twins
>Dipper are you ready to follow me to the ends of the earth, because that's where we're going, as we don't leave this town
>CONTINUITY ERROR CONTINUITY ERROR CONTINUITY ERROR

seriously he had so much time to make the ending and it was so bad

>too much work
>fuckload of hiatuses
>literally admitted to being a procrastinating shit
Way to suck hack cock, faggot. The beginning being good is just more reason to hate him for fucking up the ending.

My guess is that the TV networks can then gauge through fan reaction if the direction that was taken by the show so far has been good or not. If it's not favorable, they can then try to influence the script writer to change this or that thing to make it more popular with the target audience.

>2d

look again this is simulated 2d with 3d models