Comic villains you love that no one else cares about

Comic villains you love that no one else cares about

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rDeHuJTVPSs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Having recently read Ghost Rider/Captain America: Fear I've gotta say Marvel's Scarecrow.

You mean the ancient God of fear?

Firestorm rogues. My favorite rogues gallery in DC.

My nigga

Preston Payne is my favorite Clayface.

Livewire .

There are plenty of Livewire fans around.

I'm still surprised by just how little attention Strange gets. Whether he's played as a Mad Scientist Moriarty or just an insane Batfag Psychologist, I've always had a soft spot for ol Hugo.

At least "Gotham" did him justice for the most part, even if he didn't get the opprotunity to remain a standalone Big Bad in his own right.

Shriek from Maximum Carnage

this little guy
youtube.com/watch?v=rDeHuJTVPSs

The Spot, where my fellow Spot fans at? I know I'm not alone. It's a shame he's constantly a joke when he actually has a pretty interesting power that could make him A+ grade material.

This isn't strictly true, because I know of one other hardcore weirdo like myself. But we're a very rare breed, and it's too bad because he's actually a really awesome and intimidating character.

Why does he look and feel like a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure reject?

Bizarro be boring and overrated character who gets lots of love
Me no wish for more Bizarro love in media

I don't know, but he debuted 25 years before JoJo started. Admittedly the pose is unusual for him, so maybe that's what's doing it.

Spot is cool, I like him too. Also Slyde.

Poison poo is a staple

Most people see a silly looking villain.

I see a character that pushes Spider-Man in a ways that none of his other villains do.

me hate you

I genuinely like the idea of the character.

Kinda sad that most people don't care much about Nitro. I really like the whole "Human Bomb" powerset he has to work with, and dig his design as well.

If they don't give us Peter Dinklage as Doctor Psycho in Wonder Woman 2, I'll be a sad man.

SCHNOPHLAYM!

Tone of people love the bondage ninja version of him.

TASER FACE!

Most folks see a goofy-Kirby thing, and yeah, Marvel's treated him like that, but MODOK, with a good artist and writer, can be a legitimately frightening character. He's a huge brain stored inside a giant, life-like head. That shit's horror-movie worthy. Just drop the hover-chair and give him the creepy spider-legs.

Generally I think a lot of Iron Man/Captain America villains have tons of potential that is never utilized.

[Insert an extended scene wherein a CGI raccoon overreacts to how silly the name is here.]

Starfinger

Who's the better giant spider-head, MODOK or Egg Fu?

THE SHADOW KING

MODOK. He has an actual character and isn't an egg. I mean, with MODOK you can do a story without him being a joke if you rework him. But Egg Fu? Shit...

Nope, he is easily my favorite X-men villain & in my top 5 favorite Marvel villains period. So glad he is back.

No, he means the original Marvel Scarecrow, Ebenezer Laughton. He was a 1960s Iron Man villain who was a superhuman contortionist who controlled a flock of tame ravens to commit robberies. He floated around as a D-Lister villain for most of the 60s to 80s but in the 90s they picked him up for the new "Midnight Sons" horror titles and made him a villain of Ghost Rider and others, He was the lead villain in the quite good graphic novel Ghost Rider/Captain America: Fear, which is the one user just read.

My man Frank. Although he wasn't depicted as a villain in recent years.

This nigga
I want him back

Bump
Why does it seem like no one cares for based Black Manta?

>Over 4 different spidey cartoons
>None of them have the hypno hustler

How the fuck are kids going to learn the evils of disco if Hypno Hustler isn't in any cartoons?

Isn't he one of Sup Forums's favorite?

I remember first seeing him on the animated series and thinking 'wow this guy is cool'.

The Ghost is my favorite Iron Man villain, he is also one of the best Thunderbolts members. His powers makes him a terrible enemy to fight but more interesting his his mind and beliefs. Being a vigilant he targets corrupt corporations and politicans. He attacks the rotten underbelly of capitalism, that Stark represents.
In a way Ghost is a dark reflection of Tony. Both fight for what they beliefe to be good and are totally uninhibited in the manner how they act. The difference is that Starks work with the system while Ghost acts outside of it.

Mouse Man. Enjoys the thrill of putting one over others by pulling off crimes while the size of a mouse.

The Brick-bat

(The bricks are actually full of poisonous gas and dissolve fastly after being thrown)

Captain cold>>>>>>>>Every other villain

He gets a thread dedicated to him like every week or other week.

>fall in love with the idea of Egg Fu in 52
>only appearance in over 10 years is in that garbage Harley book

I understand suffering

Scarecrow has been my favorite for a long time

Damn, I love some Top. And I hate how butchered he was in The Flash show. (I can't believe we'll never get to see the storyline where the Top possesses Henry Allen.)

Still waiting on an appearance in New Super-Man.

Although his most recent comic was so awful I want people to forget about him again.

I fucking hated that.

Batman fighting Tammany Hall-style corruption is great and we need to see more of it.

>Weaknesses: Drug Addiciton

My favorite Spider-Man rogue and quite the competent one. Now it's like a fucking monkey's paw wish with the character. I wanted him back.
> written as an afterthought in Spider-Woman by Dennis Hopeless
> Him, Spot, and Sandman will be in Sinister Six written by BENDIS.

It's truly suffering to be a Hobgoblin fan nowadays.

Jesus that sounds horrible. I liked it better when he was a competent asshole who decided to become better than Norman Osbourne by learning from his mistakes. Also blue and orange > green and purple

Hopeless at the very least wrote him OOC and began having him use Phil Urich's Hobgoblin weapons which suggests to me that the one at the end was a dupe.

It's just Bendis frightens me. Hopeless you can simply ignore, but Bendis? That kind of damage takes years of repair or sometimes that character just never recovers.

I just hope Bendis puts his stupid self-insert Hobgoblin from Secret War in the arc. Leave the magnificent bastard perfection of Roddy out of it.

Whirlwind is pretty great. I hope they use him in Ant-Man and the Wasp. I kind of hope Dave (T.I.) turns out to be him.

>barely used in modern comics
>JUST an old man in Daredevil series

Batman investigates the murder of Seth Rich.

When did Klarion show up after Seven Soldiers?

I've always liked Absorbing Man's power. He has so many weaknesses that I think he'd be a more exciting hero to read than a villain.

The Riddler is one of my favorite villains of all time. I especially dug his Animated Series version where he used holographic technology to supplement his boss ass riddles.

Apparently reading OP is too hard for you faggots. This isn't 'Your favorite villain' thread, this is a thread about your favorite villains that don't get much appretiation in comic books/other media and/or just obscure characters. Villains that you actually like but you never saw anyone who cared or said/wrote about them something like 'Yeah, I like him/her, pretty cool guy/gal'.
I mean, seriously? Fucking Riddler, Batman's Scarecrow and Captain Cold? Who's next? Maybe Doctor Doom or Professor Zoom?

This

De komst van... KLEIGEZICHT III!

Classic.

They already did a really scary version of him.

Messing with what is real or not is a pretty scary power, too. Because how can you be sure you made it out of the illusion?

..Well, okay, he's only a stage artist. (I wonder how he did what he did in 'Old Man Logan').

The lack of respect MODOK gets is a constant gripe of mine.

But then he is never properly handled. He's just like any other stupid "brainy villlain" even though his brains are literally a thousand times as big as those of a normal human.

What the hey?

The Mandrill has the power to make any adult woman a slave to his will...

Why would he even bother to be a supervillain?

Fucking cool name, too.

He wasn't a villain, was he?

Chang Tzu. His name is Chang Tzu. I think he made that point quite emphatically.

Pfah. One-trick pony.

Was he based on Boss Tweed?

He had a son, didn't he?

Barely used... didn't the Hood kill him during a deal over a deactivated Deathlok that went south?

Mysterio teaching Loki how stage magic can best real magic in the Avengers Academy game is my favorite Mysterio moment.

Yeah, he kinda redeemed himself in the end, but originally he was a villain.

>He had a son, didn't he?
Yes, but he was only mentioned in conversation and then nothing. He may finally show up in season 3, but I actually doubt that. Writers probably already forgot about him.

>didn't the Hood kill him during a deal over a deactivated Deathlok that went south?
Nope, he's alive. His last appearance was somewhere in 'The Superior Foes Of Spider-Man'.

I always liked those conspiracies paranoid characters. He also got no eyes... A corpse moved by electrosignals.

Exactly. MODOK is fucking terrifying, but nobody does anything with them. Seriously, if Marvel rounded up all their failed scientist-villains and threw them in an Iron Man book with a capable writer and good art, it'd be golden. But nooooo. We gotta keep treating a guy who's literally a giant, exaggerated head with a giant brain as a joke. Visualize that, and tell me you wouldn't shit your pants if it was real.

>Was he based on Boss Tweed?
I don't know if he was specifically on Englehart's mind when he created the character but he is definitely the same kind of crooked, political backroom deals on both sides of the law, kind of character.

His appearance was based on Archie Bunker actor Carroll O'Connor, funnily enough.

Why does nobody ever use the U-Foes REEEEEEE-

>Hero has nearly unlimited control over matter and can rearrange it into anything he wants
>Villains are a weird collection of dog mutant, guy who can climb on things, Xenomorph that can jump real good, girl that makes illusions, a guy made out of wind, girl made out of water, guy made out of electricity (all three are inorganic and can be manipulated by Firestorm) and a creepy ex-girlfriend that cannot die.

FF rights package

Origin aside, they've not appeared in a single F4 comic. They're Hulk characters with the ocassional Spider-Man or Avengers appearance.

fucking Kang got roped into FF rights because of Rama Tut

Well, there is the Doom/Richards/Nathaniel thing as well, so that's a bit more complicated.

I think the Owl's most recent appearance was in the Kingpin miniseries, where he's captured by SHIELD thanks to Odysseus predicting where he'd be.

Yessss one of our rare breed! And yeah, I'm pretty salty about TV Top too. I still like the show, but Rosa is a serious disappointment. Holding out hope that the hint in Rebirth pans out and they bring back Roscoe as the Top (and not as Turbine, not as Rosa, etc). Let him spin and let them embrace the name and powers.

He's cool, I love him too.

I actually know someone else who loves him and draws the occasional fanart for him.

This one. I'm genuinely surprised he doesn't have a bigger fanbase, though.

I actually like Attuma. I think that under competent writer he can be really interesting.