Why are internet animators so useless?

Why are internet animators so useless?

>lazy
>can't get real jobs
>unskilled in both art and writing
>takes months for them to shit out a small cartoon
>can't do anything without having to rely on LP money and hefty panhandling sums from Patreon
>even then, they still manage to do jack shit
>acts butthurt/self-righteous if anyone calls them out on it

Seriously, someone explain this to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/213266030
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Zach hate is getting redundant. Why can't we shit on Hot Diggity Demon? He hasn't made anything good since dress.mov, and swag.mov was fucking garbage and ruined the series. It's like he suddenly became a brony and felt awful for depicting the characters in such an unflattering fashion, so he tried to undo everything.

Also, his forerays into drama are fucking cringeworthy.

That being said, Zach should take a page from Oney. Zach is definitely the Garfunkel of the two.

18 year old here, is it normal I have never heared about these people like Oney and Zach until recently?

>Why can't we shit on Hot Diggity Demon?

Except we have, many times?

18 year old here. No it isnt.

Why does no one ever talk about SexuaLobster?
I mean sure, he isn't the best animator; but he's still pushing out content.

Also props to Michael Cusack. Glad he's getting paid to animate now.

26 year old here. Honestly not surprising given how little work they put out nowadays.
And if you're like me and don't give a fuck about Let'sPlayers, they are basically off hour radar.

And uses a shitty voice as humor when he was on that podcast.

I guess I'm never here for it. I've only ever seen people sucking his dick about his genius animations and explaining why "Invader Zim Lost Episode" is hilarious.

Also, was the leaked Hellbenders feature length episode what they submitted to Adult Swim? Because now I understand why they got shot down.

Even after all these years I think Wrong Number is fucking genius.

I've watched that more times than I can remember

Why should we shit on HotDiggityDemon, especially right now? He's fucking homeless and going through some tough times.

Oh yeah kek

What? Got a quote or something, too tired to look for anything on his site or twitter or whatever the hell.

24 year old here. I only knew about these guys from newgrounds. Once YouTube became big I never even remembered them.

Also at least Yotam still makes content semi regularly, although it isn't as interesting as before.

>he doesn't know Zach's creating the Gremblo Cinematic Universe to overthrow the mouse once and for all
Pleb

>friend shows you gremblo
>think its another shitty meme like good morning mandy or Beter
>lose my shit over the little fuck running with a knife

sorry im really out of the loop can someone explain the situation to me

>Caring about YouTube animators at all
Most of them are crap and formulaic
>DUDE VIDEO GAMES
>DUDE GORE
>DUDE WEED
>DUDE SEX
They're basically family guy tier

Not necessarily an animator per se but this fuck puts out some pretty good stuff

>can't get real jobs
Except most of them do have "real jobs", at least a majority of the original NGs crew does.

Do you actually think Oney just does his LPs? He works for Arin and Jeff and Corey work for Tom Fulp.

They don't shit out cartoons because for one they take a lot longer to make, even the short little ones, than you think and two they make next to no money from Youtube anymore.

So you're demanding they spend weeks of work to make a cartoon only to release it and make no money from it while at the same time having to pay to simply eat and live.

Animators need to just animate as a hobby because as soon as it becomes a job or business to them the work becomes sloppy and rushed out

Ever think there's a reason Arin gave up and releases 6, 10 minute videos a day?

>Ever think there's a reason Arin gave up and releases 6, 10 minute videos a day?
Arin is a piece of shit regardless.

It's the exact same dumb expression he has every time while doing dumb shit combined with his weird appearance that gets me giggling like an idiot at this shit.

I don't know if it's my autism or whatever but just the way he looks and what he does just gives a me a pitch perfect voice of what he'd sound like in my head. Coincidentally enough, before even watching it, Sr Pelo's video he put on Twitter had him with nearly the EXACT tone and inflection I had in my head.

>lazy
This is you being blatantly disingenuous.

>Can't get real jobs
They can, but that would mean spending less time animating which means it would take even longer to put out content which you'd just bitch about anyways.

>Unskilled in both art and writing
Fluctuates between people so it's an irrelevant point, if you didn't think their art or writing was good you wouldn't watch their content.

>Takes months for them to make small cartoons
Animation takes time you fucking retard.

>Can't do anything without relying on LP/Patreon money
It's not the animators faults that Youtube decided that their content was worthless and they moved on to whatever wasn't. None of us can do anything without relying on money and this point you're trying to make is fucking meaningless.

>Even then they still manage to do jack shit
Animation still takes time even if people are paying for the animators food, rent and bills. I don't understand what is so difficult about this concept.

>Acts butthurt/self-righteous if anyone calls them out on it
Calls them out on what exactly? Everything you listed is a YOU problem that would be solved by you not watching their shit.

Calling someone lazy because they aren't pumping content out fast enough for you doesn't make you look good. Neither does bitching at them for not getting a "real job" while complaining that they take too long to make new content and then getting pissy when they're able to work on their projects full time but they get money in ways you disagree with.

Spoilers Ahead is some top tier shit

I'll always remember him as Greasymoose

Link to the leak?

>unskilled in both art and writing
>takes months for them to shit out a small cartoon

you answered your own question. now what are you actually mad over?

Every actual fan interaction I've ever seen about the guy says he's incredibly humble and warm. He just kinda sucks at video games.

I hope you guys are enjoying Gremblo the latest forced meme

His cynic bit gets old fast though. He's like E.R if he was less redpilled

>Adolf
>Toilet
He deserved to lose them

Sanity not Included went right to shit once he left

>Adolf and Toilet

Same.

On another note, I wish all the Australian flash animators would come together to make a big wankfest of an animation. Or at the very least a crossover.

This. Overall I do genuinely enjoy Lyle but I'd be lying if the cynicism and nihilism didn't get at least a bit much.

For whatever reason he cannot afford the apartment he was living in. He makes a decent amount on his patreon for every Brain Dump video he makes but he said in another tweet he can't make any videos.

Someone go adopt his cats

>E.R
Lyle is at least watchable. E.R is like Sup Forums and Sup Forums colliding and that shit gets old within a single video
>movie/show isn't good
>THE FUCKING JEWS

yeah I feel that. Personally I don't mind it but I can totally see how that could turn people off

That really sucks, I can't believe I hadn't heard about that. Probably a really shitty random turn of events.

>homeless

what the fuck

Are you referring to big internet animators or all of them in general?

>the black one only has one ear

WELL I KNOW WHICH ONE IS GETTING EUTHANIZED AND WHICH ONE IS GETTING ADOPTED

But Sup Forums and Sup Forums have been colliding since at least 2012

Also 26. I assume if you're in your 20s you're probably more likely to know random internet personalities than if you're a teenager.

>his ending wasn't totally depressing so clearly he likes thing!

ponies haven't been relevant in years, let go of your butthurt towards them already

Lobster is the man, isn't bitching, rarely shills, hasn't compromised his content, he's doing his own thing and I have mad respect for him.

link the leak or it never happened

Zach I can understand, but there's no way at least one Oney vid never hit your recommendeds/newsfeed

This.
So glad I didn't have to type that but I agree with all of it.

why'd he cut the one's ear off

i remember when he used to make Halo 3 machinima

he also defends his wife ripping people the fuck off

no, arin is an arrogant piece of shit that knows nothing of the real world because he got off easy in life

>Adolf and Toilet

I don't even want to know

>knows nothing of the real world
I go to Arin for cartoons and Let's Play silliness, whether he knows about the real world doesn't matter for what I want from him.

What did she do

she bought items off ebay & etsy, barely changed them (usually just adding a cheap chain), & sold them for like 30x the price

>I go to Arin for cartoons
so you haven't been to him for like 4 years?

I guess useless people need to bring money in somehow

Now that you know about Oney you're going to notice just how ubiquitous his stuff is. Every youtube comment section has at least a couple avatars from his Dragon Ball cartoons.

Cute response but I did mention Let's Plays too.

>tfw he hates the cartoon b/c it's how he got popular & people keep quoting it

I honestly can't see how you can watch those. it's just Arin yelling about how much the game sucks for not being easy or Danny telling stories about when he got high

If not able to give a link,
please give a brief description of it if you know anything. Thanks.

not , but I did a google search

vimeo.com/213266030

I can confirm that Zach DID work on this. I've seen him drawing the frames for this on his streams

>Pebbles confirmed to be working on a new show with Justin Roiland
>Adult Swim interested in a show about Gremblo with Pebbles and Michael Cusack

I wonder if Oney feels left out

I am 26yo and i have no idea who these people are. I am more confused why people here get so worked up for them.

Try it some time and get back to me on how "easy" it is.

having just watched all of it, no wonder this seems to have not been picked up
only joke that got a chuckle from me was when Chris bumped his head on an idea lightbulb

No one likes you Destinycucks

honestly, with people like this, there was a real ball dropped
I always hear about how they have to "spend all their time to push out a single animation" or some such meme when there's an easy fix that the original NG crew, ESPECIALLY the Sleepy Cabin ones, never took advantage of

if they had gotten maybe 10 people to work with them, then they could easily collaborate & push out animations on at least a regular basis

if they kept it short (say, a 1-2 minute animation/month), swapped who did what & each worked on each other's projects, then they could possibly make their animations a viable thing

almost every time I've seen them list the cleanup animators, the in-between-animators, etc, it's usually outsourced to someone like Studio Yotta or something, which isn't really as financially viable as having it done in-house

watching this makes it extremely obvious who does what.

zack's writing is unfunny but at least it's varied. oney does the same weird throat noise for every punchline

You are like one of those kids looking at past trends and saying "this is what I would have invested in if I had money, all the signs where there"

Explain to me why you are poor again?

Yeah, I've been watching Lyle's shit ever since Sanity Not Included. He's a pretty cool guy. Dex, on the other hand, I have no idea what he's up to these days.

Honest user is correct.

but I'm not poor. I'm middle class & live a comfortable existence

Yeah, sure you are!

Honestly, there aren't enough good ideas to go around. None good enough to merit that level of organization and attention to detail, anyways.

Oney was offered by AS to make a Hellbenders show for them but IIRC they wanted full rights to the IP and he declined.

Everyone knows Marc is the underrated king of internet animators

no they just wanted him to change the name of the show, and he regrets declining

>Pebbles and Michael Cusack working together on an Adult Swim show

that actually sounds promising

Dex tried to do Sanity with a guy named ImmortalHD, but it wasn't the same, then Immortal quit and then it was just him for a season and then he left. He joined a YouTube group called The Creatures, but some of the people in the group and the community were toxic against him so he quit. Recently he took a long break from YouTube and got a job as an editor but he's starting to push out a few shorts on his channel recently. He seems like a decent guy despite his humor not really clicking for me.

Marc might be the funniest living person

That's because he did most of the funny voices.

Is 2,000 a month really bad? Especially for an internet animator? In my country at least 1,000 dollars a month is pretty much a blessing and can pay for pretty much anything if one is careful with their money.

No, OP is saying the opposite. These people collect hipster welfare to do nothing.

desu I'd love it if I could do jack shit all the time and still make at least $2000 a month

A unfunny let's player. SNI never really got good again after Lyle left and he brought that fucko Aleks in. (Seriously what snowflake spells it like that)
He was more or less the driving force behind the majority of the skits that were very popular.
But its okay. Lyle's a competent animator with SFM stuff with his The series, a good musician and knows his audience.

The fucker did a cover of the Budokai 2 theme with a pal on the drums.

THIS! I was going to say something similar until I read your post. I hate the way YouTube is being with CC now and I don't think OP gets it.

>Defending e-celebs

Maybe because we have common sense they need money like the rest of us to live? I don't care if they are e-celebs, they're no different than anyone else who need to eat and sleep.

why is "EVERYONE" so useless?

like why does everyone bitch instead of learn how to do something?

like how you are here bitching for more shit you in particular want out of artwork and people when you could just grab your own dick and shut the fuck up.

Don't worry, the e-celebs are perfectly miserable despite their apologists

No, I am 18 and most people my age just know about LP people, or other YouTube personality folk, like the Vloggers and stuff.

If I bring up animation, the most I get from people my age is Swoozie or JaidenAnimations.

I just now started learning about Sleepy Cabin, Newgrounds, and all the animators that came from it.

Animation is not dead or dying, but people my age just do not care enough or are unaware.

I mean, my god, my friends know Egoraptor as Arin from GameGrumps, but never knew about any of his animation or other work, aside from the latest Star Bomb stuff, but they only learned about that because it was plugged on the Game Grumps channel, or some shit.

Sad thing is, I just not get into Harry Partridge and Hot DiggedyDemon, but from what I can tell, they only upload animations like once or twice a year.

Duh, Zach worked on it... did you not see the YouTube melt down he had in the comment section of the video when some guy uploaded the whole clip to YouTube a couple months back?

how is that ''ripping people off'' they know what they're getting they're just retards

>E;T

He's just a PragerU that's not supported by an oil lobby