This totally isnt a gravity falls ripoff

This totally isnt a gravity falls ripoff

Who cares about Manlet Falls anymore

Bruce?

Anyone who wants animation to have a future.
>The show is literally one of a kind in modern animation, I don't give a shit what the autists on Sup Forums say. It's the only modern cartoon I've been able to genuinely enjoy. No bullshit plot contrivances, no constant SJW insertion, no lolsorandom garbage that pretends to be deep. Just incredibly good writing.

>ow I bruised my coccyx
>and my cock7
yeah though, I gave it a watch and it was really mediocre and took itself too seriously
there's a proper spot where you want the humor so there's still enough jokes that aren't standard predictable kids show jokes that everyone's seen enough before they're immune to them and I feel they kind of missed it
the various creature designs shown so far seem cute I guess

a lot of the charm in gravity falls though dealt with how unless there was an imminent threat, dipper was the only person who took anything seriously and constant comic relief from the slacker, the loser, and the jew (and some lackluster attempts at comic relief from mabel that at least occasionally hit the mark), while this show seems to take itself at face value in a very plain way

It looks interesting and after GF and OTGW, I need a fix on some mystery cartoons. What's wrong with that?

>OTGW
>mystery cartoon
what

It pretty much was.

The ambiguity of their situation, the Beast, the once an episode scenarios, etc. Were you even watching the show?

Not really. The first 8 episodes were lolsorandom: the show, and more importantly with virtually no clues to solve the "mystery".

So it has potential? The artstyle has been putting me off from it.

Lolsorandom?
Whatever, nerd

Who are you quoting?

Myself from

It is not. Or it is, but if we follow that line of thought, GF is a rip off of Twin Peaks.

Because yeah, every white-collar killer or thief is a blatant rip-off of Fantômas and Arsène Lupin.

Except GF has like one thing in common with Twin Peaks: the setting. Just about everything else about it is different.

You're right. It totally isn't

So clever.

Gave it a watch despite the artstyle, which still ended up bothering me. Interesting premise, and I'm a sucker for large buildings with many rooms and secrets.

The characters were fine, but it lacked good humor and visuals. I'll probably watch a few more episodes.

Nothing that seemed like a Gravity Falls ripoff to me, other than the sidekicks weapon of choice being a grappling hook.

Ssh now. That thread is closed.

what

One interesting difference between GF and this show, and a big one is that in GF the twins had no clue of anything that was taking place in the town. They arrived, ignorant of the mysteries taking place. In this show, two of the three main characters already know and are used to the weird shit taking place in the building. Ansi is the only one who was taken by surprise when the weird stuff happened.
It seems everyone in the building knows that it is haunted by monsters and strange people investigate such phenomena (the spy and her henchmen), it's just that they don't bother knowing who or what is behind all that stuff, probably out of fear.

But that's a very minor difference, since the twins become aware of it in GF in the very first episode.

Your containment thread is gone please leave

Combine the sweet life of Zach and Cody with Wayside, then combine that with gravity falls and you pretty much have this cartoon. It's okay, comedy is sort of meh, but it could get better.

This show reeks more of SCP made into a kids cartoon than a GF ripoff, I mean:
The building itself could be considered an SCP object. We know there are not only strange creatures, but strange artifacts as well.

It is still noticeable. In the GF universe, people are less used to the mysteries and the creatures than here.
It seems most residents in the Wayne knows and has seen the strange stuff happening there. I mean, the flying nautili were seen hanging out in the playground, I'm sure you could see them from every window

>my mfw when op keeps failing at shilling 101

>combine two awful things and add a dash of decent but rushed

Eh, I'll pass.
Brenda Song was literally the only reason to watch Suite Life. Wayside had nothing going for it, apart from a catchy intro song. GF was bretty gud, but it would've been so much better if he had used the season2 filler for something relevant instead, and then a movie for the finale. Or just straight up made a third season.

How is it shilling? It is what people have been saying over and over when the first trailers came out.
I'll watch it without comparing it to any media. Seriously, watching something because it reminds you of another show is stupid because your expectations can be shattered in a single episode.

I mean, the main kid's last name is "Timbers" and they do seem a little like a gender--swapped Dipper and Mabel

There's been a thread up more or less constantly for a week now, despite noone actually caring about the show to a point where the threads are 3/4ths page9-10 bumps in various levels of disguise. That's basic shilling 101.

Nah, the show is simply underrated and has a small fanbase, just like most canadian cartoons.

That's like saying half the recurring threads in the catalog right now is shilling.

I forgot to add to my post that shilling would be something like OP saying: "Hey this is an excellent show everyone should watch it, amazing 10/10" but this thread has different opinions, read above and you'll find people who don't even like it, some who think it is a 6/10 or 7/10 and perhaps one or two who really love it.

Season 2 filler was best filler. You just have shit taste, like most of Sup Forums.

Canadian cartoons are universally shit, though. But relatively speaking, Wayside was decent.

>CNfags this desperate to defer the blame of "shilling" to a network that doesn't give a fuck about teen-young adult viewers
Don't you have another 5 Steven universe threads to flood the catalog with?

>still failing shilling 101
You forgot to reset your ip to inflate the counter.

Thats like your opinion man

>GF fag trying so hard to defend his favorite show with bad writing,bad characters and bad comedy
Dont think i dont see you

I'm sick of people shitting on Wayside. Other than NOT MUH BOOKS there's very little to complain about.

Replace every instance of "bad" with "brilliant" in that sentence and you would be correct, user.
Except for the fag part.

>No bullshit plot contrivances, no constant SJW insertion, no lolsorandom garbage that pretends to be deep. Just incredibly good writing.
Oh you sweet summer child.

Why are their noses so ugly?

You have something to say, user?

And keep in mind that's only a lack of bad points listed there. The characterization and humor in this show are second to none among cartoons, and the plotting is great too of course.

No, you are!

>No bullshit plot contrivances
Stan magically getting his memory back
Bill suddenly being extremely incompetent throughout Weirdmageddon

>no constant SJW insertion
"Roadside Attraction" was a giant monument to SJW insertion

>no lolsorandom garbage that pretends to be deep
From Mcguckets memory loss to the relationship between Stan and Ford the were constantly trying to bite off concepts they knew they couldn't pull off because they were "mature" and insert it into a fun mystery show.

>Just incredibly good writing.
Everything in the second season was rushed. All of the relationships were botched especially between Stan and Ford who rarely interacted. They completely forgot about plot points, character arcs and even forgot some of the main characters existed. The pacing in the finale was awful and everything about Bill became disappointing as he went from being an eldritch trickster to being a super-powered frat boy. They were good at building mystery but the second things were revealed they weren't good enough writers to keep interest and most reveals except "Not What He Seems" were disappointing.

Except, of course, the ending ala

>Mabel did nothing wrong! Dipper is a cunt for asking her to do a single damn thing for him!
>The symbols turned out to be useless
>Stan's noble sacrifice and the emotional impact that could have sealed the show as a masterpiece is erased in under two minutes
>Bill, an all-powerful demon who can summon cages from thin air, physically chasing the twins
>Dipper are you ready to follow me to the ends of the earth, because that's where we're going, as we don't leave this town
>CONTINUITY ERROR CONTINUITY ERROR CONTINUITY ERROR

seriously he had so much time to make the ending and it was so bad

quoting on the last guy who quoted u

God I want lewds of the spy so badly

>any cartoon that is focused on mysteries with some comedy is ripping off Gravity Falls

Why? Does the main character apologize to his cunt of a sister at the end of every episode?

Nah, she isn't that much of a cunt.

Gravity Falls is LITERALLY more SJW than Steven Universe.

I mean GF had Emmy C on it, no one on SU is as big as a feminazi as her

You're right. It isn't.

oddly mesmerizing

It's kinda like someone put Sanjay and Craig (sans a certain "humor) and Gravity Falls in a blender.

Speaking of the former, what does Sup Forums think of Sanjay and Craig?

Why does Sup Forums accept outright lies as truth now?

>quoting yourself

>Dipper apologizing to Mabel and becoming a beta sub bitch isn't real
Did you watch the fucking show?

>Speaking of the former, what does Sup Forums think of Sanjay and Craig?
I think you can already guess the answer to that.
I didn't mind it though.

>The show is literally one of a kind in modern animation
It was shitty Twin Peaks or X files for kids

I hope they make this character very relevant and interesting, this show has so much potential. 22 minutes is enough for the creators to explore the lore of this show.
The artstyle isn't the best one, but the story engaged me, I hope they don't ruin it like they did with GF.

It's been a while since I saw GF, how was it ruined?

Season 2 was a complete mess. Mabel was reduced to an annoying immature cunt, the plot was rushed at the end, the entire circle with the symbols was thrown into the garbage in 30 seconds and Bill was defeated easily, despite being a reality-warping demon.

Okay, I see what you mean

I THOUGHT THIS SHIT WAS WAYSIDE

It's something like Wayside mixed with Gravity Falls

>unironically using the term SJW

>Mabel was reduced to an annoying immature cunt

She was always immature. Dipper too.

>the plot was rushed at the end

Well, it ended. I know you guys wanted a 7 season show. It didn't happen.

>the entire circle with the symbols was thrown into the garbage in 30 seconds

That's 30 seconds of season 2.

>Bill was defeated easily, despite being a reality-warping demon.

Not so easily. And yet you'd be happy if he was easily defeated by a group of people holding hands.

>She was always immature. Dipper too.
But S2 flanderizes her, she's even more annoying. At least she was likeable back in S1. Dipper grew up in S2 instead.
>Well, it ended. I know you guys wanted a 7 season show. It didn't happen.
Alex should have seen this and acted accordingly. Instead he made what it looks like four episodes compressed into a single one.
>That's 30 seconds of season 2.
My point is that a key element was wasted in such a short time
>Not so easily. And yet you'd be happy if he was easily defeated by a group of people holding hands.
Fine, make the circle useless, then give us more than a short chasing sequence and an asspulled mindwipe trick.

So, has anyone made a Batman joke yet?

>But S2 flanderizes her, she's even more annoying. At least she was likeable back in S1. Dipper grew up in S2 instead.

No more flanderized than Dipper. And he didn't grow up.

>Alex should have seen this and acted accordingly. Instead he made what it looks like four episodes compressed into a single one.

A creator has the right to end a show on their own terms. Deal with it. He wanted a 2 season show and that's what he got.

>My point is that a key element was wasted in such a short time
It was neither a key point nor wasted.

>Fine, make the circle useless, then give us more than a short chasing sequence and an asspulled mindwipe trick.

Circle worked just fine. The people forming it sabotaged it and had to scramble a plan B.

You're really upset that the circle cliche didn't play out as predictably as you'd have hoped.

>no constant SJW insertion

The show takes place in New York, so maybe

Christ, padoga already did a lewd of this show.

>No more flanderized than Dipper
You have no clue what "flanderized" means, do you.

>And he didn't grow up.
Gave up doing his dream job just so his sister would come out her dream safespace. Tell me with a straight face that Dipper isn't the more mature twin, faggot.

>A creator has the right to end a show on their own terms
His terms were terrible and rushed. If he really just wanted to do only one more season he should've cut those bullshit filler episodes like Love God, Roadside Attractive, the mayor one, Golf War, Dungeons Dungeons and Dungeons, etc. How about and episode where Ford and Stan interact, huh? How about a Wendy episode that isn't about romance garbage?

>It was neither a key point nor wasted.
Right, the Cipher Wheel that was in every single intro and shown several times in-universe wasn't a key part of the show.

>Circle worked just fine.
It literally didn't.

>The people forming it sabotaged it and had to scramble a plan B.
For bullshit stupid reasons.

>You're really upset that the circle cliche didn't play out as predictably as you'd have hoped.
I'm not that guy, but no, I thought the Care Bears shit and who the symbols were attributed to (namely McGucket being glasses) was a stupid reveal. A lot of the fan theories I've read about the wheel (like, for example, each character having made a deal with Bill that lead to him coming back) are way better than what Alex came up with.

Oh yeah.

Nigga it was just Twin Peaks for kids.

You want something special, watch Moral Orel

How the fuck does he draw in each show's style?
In fact this show should look like this

Why does this show feel to me like the lovechild of Gravity Falls and Regular Showthat was raised by Voldemort?

I watched the first episode and it felt like it tried to be too many things at once and in doing so just FAILED at basic world building 101 for pilote episodes