How can action cartoons be profitable again?

How can action cartoons be profitable again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h_A_9I3rmfs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

toys

By using them to sell video games.

There's no point to them when kids can just watch something with real violence and play video games.

Make them toy driven and make sure American TV channels stop being retarded

Thats a good idea actually but the investment would be more costly

Sell it in Japan

They already have something better.

Sell toys
AKA be Transformers

I laugh at all you faggots who don't watch shows because they are toyetic or because they aren't "original", as if that was ever a good thing, what the fuck do you have, Space Ghost and maybe Gargoyles? Kek.

By making good, engaging ones that people actually want to watch.

Also quality read: not fucking awful and never put in stores near me figures/merch and, again, quality videogames.
Tie in comics also never hurt anybody.

yeah because it wouldn't become an other same face cut out cardboard box

have a network that actually gives even the barest whisper of a fuck about promoting them

but how would they profit exactly?

>How can action cartoons be profitable again?

Jesus Christ, how profitable do they HAVE TO BE?!?!
Sure, they throw in a few live actors into them now, but what in Japan has even touched the Transformers series for profitability?

Let's not even mention Cameron's blue monkey people cartoon. THIS is where all the action animators are, working on pictures so immensely profitable that they can't be made anywhere else.

Transformers and Avatar are not cartoons or even fully animated.

Make one for adults

I was young when I watched Spawn the animated series and I had way more respect for that than any other baby shit

I'm pretty sure this cartoon made as much money as everything Japan produced for 20 years combined.

I mean, I know what you all mean is "Why isn't America making Anime?", but Anime is derivative low-quality shit nowadays, half of it barely even qualifies as "animated".

Clearly all characters need more pouches and guns and muscle. This is the only way to save the comics industry

>Transformers and Avatar are not cartoons or even fully animated.

Every bit as animated or cartoon as Who Framed Roger Rabbit or Cool World.

Nothing in that Transformer pic is real. Sure, they occasionally cut to Wahlberg pretending to do something "actiony" (usually with an animated background), but most everything in the movie is a CGI cartoon.

People aren't going to shift work from these billion dollar epics to make a shitty Samurai Fucking Jack movie for you, so grow the fuck up.

> Anime is derivative low-quality shit nowadays
No it isn't.

>half of it barely even qualifies as "animated".
Myth.

They are not cartoons or full animation.

I mean, My Little Pony manages it.

I'm sorry you weren't born early enough to experience the Golden Age of Anime, but that stuff is still out there.

The cookie-cutter tripe that represents 99% of Anime coming out of Japan now is a crying shame. Even studios like Ghibli are a shadow of their heyday. You can watch all the A-grade Anime Japan produces in a year in a single day.

>Myth.

>The cookie-cutter tripe that represents 99% of Anime coming out of Japan now is a crying shame.
Meme.

>This is not an argument, and Sup Forums would say the same thing since they know nothing about anime.

The age of 2-D animation is over, it ain't coming back, except for television comedies and cheap-ass children's programming.

What does that have to do with what I said?

>youtube.com/watch?v=h_A_9I3rmfs

>I'm being an autistic Weeb and no one can stop me!
Go argue with Sup Forums about it.

I'm not either of those things, and why should I go to Sup Forums?

realy makes you think...

Wtf I hate rick and memey now

>Transformers
>no cartoon

A live action movie with heavy 3D animation elements is not a cartoon, no.

>Gargoyles
>Original

Nigga please. That shit was toyetic the moment the pilot movie went commercial

Fuck
Off
Back
To
Sup Forums
Weeb
Cocksucker.

I'm not from Sup Forums and I'm not a weeb, and what about that post exactly made you think that I must be a weeb from Sup Forums? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Make a musical action show?

Honest question; why?

Or why any more so than a toyline?

BASED

Yeah this really makes you think

Most of anime looks like fucking Powerpoint presentation

And this too

Why did the animation industry choose to basically all switch to flash? It may be easy, sure, but nothing is better than properly animated, hand-drawn shows. Heck, it's not that they don't exist (steven universe comes to mind as an example), it's just that a lot of people who animate take the easy way out. And it pisses me off.
>showcasing the worst of the worst to make a point
And 3DCG is pretty much the exact same, in my opinion. It takes a lot more effort just to make something that can easily be made better if it was hand drawn.

Netflix.

Anime is more willing to sacrifice consistent quality if they can make the important shots look good.
>Seriously responding to this weak ass bait that doesn't even use a fucking TV show

Berserk is an anomaly and everyone agrees it looks like shit. Fully 3D anime in general is a rarity.

Myth.

>showcasing the worst of the worst to make a point
Do you realize the cartoon example here was a fan made joke, right?

We have this fucking thread every 3 days, how have you guys not come to some kind of conclusion yet one way or another? Do you really just want an excuse to post .webms on a board that isn't dead?

Sup Forums crossposters.

>How can action cartoons be profitable again?

They shouldn't. Action cartoons should exist for the love of action, not for profit.

Then how will they continue running you fucking commie

Make something with dozens of characters, like a JLU but with the animation of Voltron

>working on pictures so immensely profitable that they can't be made anywhere else.
And so immensely garbage that you wish they weren't made at all. Americans have shit taste.

He's talking about Bayformers, retard.

>he thinks FernGully 3 is better than even the shittiest anime
LMAO

>Bay invented the Transformers

It makes no difference whatsoever whether or not he invented it.

Hot damn, I gotta watch The Clone Wars again.

You have to keep in mind that animation is the focus in most Japanese anime whereas it is merely a medium through which a story can be told in most western animation.

Hire nobodies instead of expensive voice actors.

Did it work for Sonic Boom? Do the Marvel cartoons help MCU movie profits?

They already have Anime, Otaku in Japan are extremely xenophobic (like most of Japanese already are) it does not matter if it is better or worse, if it doe snot looks like Anime it will be ignored at best.

Anime doesn't focus on just animation, it focuses on everything. American shows rarely have more than simple episodic storytelling.

Americans think of their animation as revolving around animation and being really good at it, even though it's all about having as much animation as possible without consideration for its quality. And when anime sacrifices the amount of animation for better visual quality or intentionally does not employ animation it gets accused of doing things wrong and misusing the medium.

Japanese xenophobia is a meme, and Disney movies are popular there.

phone/tablet freemium games.