Goddamn, this was a lot darker than I remembered it being, especially for a kids show

Goddamn, this was a lot darker than I remembered it being, especially for a kids show.

>it's a terry beats a drug related villain by making them overdose episode

Most of the DCAU actually fits that description.

Creators had enough control in the 1990s to fuck with networks.

Batman Beyond
>We want a more kid friendly Batman with a teenager young people can relate to. You know, something lighter and more fun.
>Fuck you. This is now the darkest show in the DCAU.

Rocko's Modern Life
>We want a female character with a hook to her.
>Fuck you. Here is a nurse with a hook for a hand.

Exo Squad
>Please make a Star Wars cartoon with spaceships and adventure.
>Fuck you. This is now a show about alien Hitler staging human genocide by launching them into the sun.

You'd think there'd be labels on those things.

>Dr. Hutchinson
>nurse

It's not called Bad End Beyond for nothing.

This. It seems like creators have very little to no control these days.

I used to always nick name the series "BadendBeyond" someone is always getting fucked over by the end.

>pay for hyena
>get mouse

Yeah, probably a good idea.

>Kids, if you so drugs you'll overdose and die
Pretty good theme tbqh famigo

just like justice league is full of sexual innuendo for a kids show.

Any excuse to post.

Yeah, but a third of those had later reappearances. Especially Inque, the Hunter, and the sound guy.

I don't remember it well, wasn't it implied that Terry get mel's ass? Or maybe it was just a kiss.

He never get Marina's ass too.

I haven't watched in a while, but I recall that they stayed up through pretty much the entire night in his room at one point.

They were both in rough places and very into each other. Either they shagged or they spent a long night lamenting to each other as kindred spirits.

Or both. Both is good.

Oh man, that really did happen more than once, didn't it?

They really don't. If you take a look at what's 'popular' right now (Loud House, TTG, SU, Rebels, etc.) you'll see that they're very safe in both content and humor. Hell; Rebels is practically a fluffy hugbox when compared to Clone Wars and that was cancelled only a few years ago. I guess it pleases the twenty-thirty something year old neckbeard crowd (let's face it, they're the ones watching cartoons) who are terrified of change.

Of course it was dark. Most of the fights took place at night.

/thread

I always thought they banged together that night, even as a child.

Terry thought it was over with Dana.

Me too, desu

>he fucking explodes
>only after turning into a Tetsuo monster
Jesus Christ, Terry.

Anyone here think that Batman Beyond could've had a better rogues gallery? Blight was really the only good recurring villain. Shreik and Spellbinder had neat designs and gimmicks, but lacked personality.

The problem was a lot of his rogues just ended up dying before they could establish themselves.

Kobra could've been an interesting group for Terry to fight. Until you realize their evil plan is to turn into dinosaurs, for whatever reason. It doesn't help that Blight never returned after season 1.

That just means Terry does his job well.

The real problem with most of Batman Beyond's villains is that it was their very first iteration. Think about Batman's regular rogues gallery, a lot of those characters were not good the first time they showed up. It took a lot of different people handling the characters over time and messing with their back stories over and over before the definitive version of them formed. Like take a guy like Mr. Freeze for example, he was basically a guy with an ice gimmick when he first showed up. But over time he's become a very beloved villain and somewhat of a fan favorite even because of how they adjusted his back story over the years.

There's a lot of potential in Batman Beyond's villains to be the same thing, but a lot of them need more of an actual story than just being villain of the week.

Its also terribly fucking written.

>The real problem with most of Batman Beyond's villains is that it was their very first iteration.
No, the real problem with most of Batman Beyond's villains is that they're shitty knockoffs of preexisting ones.

The only thing terrible here is your taste.

>It's a "Villian suffers a horrific ironic fate" episode
That one where the dude sinks through the floor still fucks with me.

>Exo Squad
>Please make a Star Wars cartoon with spaceships and adventure.
>Fuck you. This is now a show about alien Hitler staging human genocide by launching them into the sun.

we are friends now, user

the contract is sealed

One question I've got is what happened to Batman rogue gallery besides joker, Harley, freeze and Bane we never got any answers about what happened to them

Why was Bruce so lenient on Terry body count

Because he's too old to care.

Young Bruce would still try to save somebody even if he knows in the back of his head that he won't make it in time. Old Bruce doesn't even make the effort since he knows he can't make it.

It's a different time. Gotham's changed, Terry's far less trained than his other wards, and in this dystopian cyberpunk future people do not fuck around. If he has to kill someone to make it back alive, so be it. And Bruce is a whole lot less morally scrupulous in his old age, and even before he was never averse to the odd bit of brutalization or permanent disfigurement.

Never tapping dat ass is the worst ending.

Remember the sequel movie were it was revealed Tim got fucking tortured to the point of insanity by joker and eventually killed him what was Timms problem

>that oily slime woman episode
>user just wanted to help his waifu
>she ded

This is a Batman who's so beaten down and battered by the realities of life that he almost used a gun.

Oh yeah. Man, that was fucked.

So when did Superman get possessed by Starro?
After JLU?

Most wwere not really his fault, and he either tried to save them or he had to fuck them up to even live.

Infact some were already dead anyways.

>pulled into center of the earth
Christ, even as I watched that I felt bad for the guy. He didn't even really deserve it. He was just a thief. He's going to be trapped in the center of the earth forever. All the heat and all the pressure, and unable to die. Fuck.

Not long before Beyond. He was wearing the black and white suit, so he had been getting up there in years.

>MFW well never get to finish Exosquad or ever get Exopirates

It hurts user, the show was so fucking cool. Wolf Bronski is like the greatest name for a Pilot ive ever heard.

While I see your point, I don't think it's implying anyone was deafened to death. Though shriek does return, his deafened state is consistent.

Funny I just finish watching pic-related.

Thoughts?

Read the asterisk on top, idiot

more Joker wank

one of the best things about Beyond was that it wasn't pandering to Joker fans like the rest of the DC shows until this.

Except it completely shits on joker during the climax.

This

Terry was a perfect foil. How many other people have managed to get under Joker's skin that badly?

*Hits the upgrade button*

He turned the Stalker from a rogue into a super friend who, admittedly, did want to be the one to kill him, but that's sweet.

Presumably dead, retired or serving multiple life sentences.

That's not funny.

Yeah, all we got were the Jokerz which I liked, especially that one coward that leads Static and Terry into the trap during Static's time travel crossover.

That was the only ending that stuck with me. Some of those people may have died gruesome deaths, but polka dot phase shift guy is getting sucked into a giant flaming ball of metal to be stuck there until he dies (if he can even die at this point), is completely powerless to stop it, and no one will ever care. That's fucked up.

To be fair, he shouldn't have been such a dick.

>upgrade

lolno, BB got the "edgy" just right without being hammy.
Only flaw it really has is many of the new villains have second to none backstory

So how's Batman Beyond Rebirth? Anyone reading it?

If it'll make anyone happy, Terry tapped dat ass in the comics when she came back and they entered a relationship.

Then Futures End happened and then Rebirth and now Dana is the waifu again

My theory is that Staros couldn't control him all the time, but stillmake his existence unoticed. so there were moment when superman was actually himself and this is one of those moment he started to suspect there was a mole inside and asked for Terry's help, not knowing, HE was the problem.

I am. If only for the nostalgia.

It's mediocre so far. But its ramping up. Seems to be taking place in an entirely different canon from the cartoon. More connected to the mainline comics.

Tim was never brainwashed, Joker was...."killed" in a car crash, Superman is Jon,
and Damian is present

Mr. Freeze came back and later redeemed himself

Bane was dying due to all the Venom in him

Harley got old and her granddaughters are evil

He asked about what happened to the rogues OTHER than the ones you listed.
Obviously he already knows that, you fuckwit.

Paul Dini didn't have too much control, he just knew how WB at network censors worked; they basically only pay attention JUST long enough to see that their "standards" are being met, but once you meet them their ADD and their basic inability to focus on actual subtext or read scripts or overall lack of knowledge about scriptwriting means that they tended to get bored and look away after that, letting you get away with some pretty funny shit if you're clever about it.
Greg Weissman once said he discussed it with Dini, and Dini basically said it's all about placating them just enough so they feel like they've accomplished something by being there since moral watchdogs never really serve any other purpose and once you throw them their bone they feel satiated.

Man, the terrific trio one was just brutal. Terry must've known what he did would kill them.

Which comics?

The ones before Futures End. Dick Grayson is around, there's a Catwoman who could multiply herself 9 times. Joe Chill's son is The Vigilante.

I just rewatched it recently.

It was better than I remembered it being.

>He didn't even really deserve it.

This is a guy who killed someone for the technology he used just so he could blackmail anyone he wanted for a sleazy talk show, and he was going to ruin the lives of Bruce and Terry just for lulz.

Fuck Ian Peek.

The TAS comics deal with some of them.

>Clayface wound up stuck as a statue of the Grey Ghost
>Poison Ivy retired from crime back during House & Garden. The version in TNBA is a plant clone that gets killed by Batgirl using herbicide on it.
>Penguin becomes mayor, but is impeached because Batman is a lying, manipulative faggot. Despite that, he does manage to improve Gotham.
>Riddler reforms, but gets stabbed by Clock King when he investigates how Penguin became mayor since it was a bid to get Hill out of office.

Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Really?
I have those comics and can't remember that.

Very schway for terry and dana

Let's be fair, he had it coming when he tried to kill bruce. Speaking of bruce, how the heck did he get down to the bottom floor so fast while terry was rushing like a maniac?

He took the elevator.

What Joker did to Tim was heatbreaking.

...I will accept this headcanon

I remember on the show's commentary they said all the rogues were based off original ones but changed enough to be different.

I don't remember what happened to Two-Face, Scarecrow, and Killer Croc at all, though.

Did Bruce ever acknowledge that he was used to spermjack Terry's dad so Terry could inherit stately wayne manor?

not canon

I don't think Bruce knew at first, but I wouldn't be surprised if he learned about it before terry.

It's canon.

go to bed Waller

Was the killer hired by Amanda any specific character I would have missed out?

He did know, shortly after meeting Terry IIRC.

Forgot pic.

You know that red head from mask of the phantom?

Andrea Beaumont, the phantasm

Source?

I doubt that's the same person. they just re-used the disguise. At least that's what I am getting from that.

I doubt Amanda would have purposely taken someone close to Bruce to make such a re-enactment.

It'd be in the comics, hence the "IIRC".
I've seen the show a thousand times and it's not in there so it only stands to reason that, if I recall correctly, it's in the comics.

Well it doesn't really make sense for someone to use the phantasm disguise instead of just being a random thug

>IIRC
I have never known what it ever stood for.

Seeing the amount of BS, I saw in those, I have never considred any of the comic canon to the DCAU. Except that one who was adapted in an episode, and that other where Question and Flash explore Bruce's Christmas.

if i recall correctly