Three months of winter coolness

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MvWxZ0Apclg
youtube.com/watch?v=AOrVLrq6kDg
youtube.com/watch?v=2z5eizH0u1I
youtube.com/watch?v=wVzxj9QTzKQ
derpibooru.org/
horsemusicherald.com/
derpibooru.org/search?q=cute, safe, -humanized, -equestria girls, -equestria girls-ified, -anthro, score.gte:125, -oc only&sf=random:2499645&sd=desc
twitter.com/nickconfalone/status/726438701039935493
xxnightmaremoonxx.de/vweb/?page_id=79&page=2
yayponies.no/videos/episodes.php
youtube.com/watch?v=L0MY2ZgOvRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eoowtoEle14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's summer, Rainbugs Bundash.

that's a mlp song

WINTER WRAP UP

Remember when mlp was still good?

The recent episode was pretty tearjerking.

S7e13 and S7e10 were both fucking incredible

I haven't watched in years, it may very well still be.
Those first 2 seasons were like catching lightning in a bottle. Pure fucking magic.

Ahhh, pizmo beach

FLY AWAY NOW! FLY AWAY NOW! FLY AWAY!

You made me go into my old music folder OP

youtube.com/watch?v=MvWxZ0Apclg
youtube.com/watch?v=AOrVLrq6kDg
youtube.com/watch?v=2z5eizH0u1I
youtube.com/watch?v=wVzxj9QTzKQ

>Those first 2 seasons were like catching lightning in a bottle.

Season one wasn't that great unless you like that dreamlike quality of pure innocence it had. Later seasons were more funny and were animated better. Too bad season 3s ending was such a terrible episode with borked morals, considering it was the culmination of the friendship lessons and in effect the end of one arc and the beginning of another, that stung hard.

>S7
What the fuck?
How is this shit on the air for so long?

It's a genuinely great show and the fanbase is probably the most dedicated/autistic out there

7 seasons, planned for more (at least 10 I think?), spin off shit like Equestria Girls, An actual movie. Ponies are the biggest gold mine that Hasbro ever struck.

Its still the most active fanbase out there, bronies still probably produces more fan content than all western anime fans combined and the height of the Brony craze was around the 2md and third seasons.

Its THAT much of a cultural landmark, during its height I wouldn't be surprised if Bronies produced more fan content than the anime , furry, and Harry Potter fandoms combined, and then some.

Yeah, the fandom's still incredibly active
derpibooru.org/
horsemusicherald.com/

>Beyond Her Garden
>Derpy and the Doctor

I never thought I'd feel nostalgic for this

>trending images
>all tagged "suggestive"
I can only imagine what it would be without safe search

Two explicit, one suggestive, and one spoiler for the newest episode

AND AWESOME HOLIDAYS

Give this a try then
derpibooru.org/search?q=cute, safe, -humanized, -equestria girls, -equestria girls-ified, -anthro, score.gte:125, -oc only&sf=random:2499645&sd=desc

The show really boosted the toy sales. And I'm kinda happy it did, because it proved that a well written cartoon can really boost toy sales.

>she's named "Muffins" now
JUST

I think I remember the whole "Derpy" controversy when she appeared in an episode. Still amazing how much interaction the crew had with the fanbase. Fucking Lauren Faust posted on and lurked /mlp/

The early fandom was obsessed with small details like Lyra sitting and a cross-eyed pony saying muffins once.

It was really an energetic time. Its why I want a reboot soon with the next generation, I want the current gen to end with the Movie.

Nah, she's still canonically named "Derpy" in the scripts.

twitter.com/nickconfalone/status/726438701039935493

The next generation needs a cartoon as good as FIM though. This cartoon was the culmination of the right ingredients at the right time.

I will not say that this was fluke by any margin. Flukes don't last this long.

I think that ruined the fan joke though. She started as an animation error that people found amusing, and then became an Easter egg. Now shes just a character.

She is in many ways now the G4 version of Minty.

What if FIM IS that cartoon for the next generation?

She didn't explicitly name herself in any post, but she was "responding" to what they were saying the pony general via her twitter.

I'm still mad about the Derpy thing. Derpy was our baby, and they destroyed it for no reason.

t. didn't watch the apple parents episode

I just... can't believe it's been almost seven years.
watching that show improved my english a lot and boosted my love for cartoons. I'm actually feeling nostalgic now.

If you've stopped watching, give it another try. You can stream all the episodes here xxnightmaremoonxx.de/vweb/?page_id=79&page=2

>5 words and an unrelated image plunges Sup Forums into an autistic vietnam-esque flashback when they used to have fun

I miss it too, anons.

I've been feeling nostalgic for this lately, I've been away for years but now I wanna go back and binge the show again.

>now I wanna go back and binge the show again.
check out

Oh I've still got all the iTunes rips, they've just been sitting there forgotten.

Fuck, australian iTunes rips. I forgot about those, they were great.

Now we have fancy corrected HEVC yayponies.no/videos/episodes.php

>Sup Forums has a much better discussion for this show in one thread than the entirety of /mlp/ has in a week.

/mlp/ has run its coarse.

I used to frequent /mlp/ but it's just too depressing. So many bitter, jaded ex-fans who hate everything.
/tg/, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, when they have discussions about it they're all happier than /mlp/

So what do you guys think of this song?
youtube.com/watch?v=L0MY2ZgOvRQ

No one liked the idea of /mlp/ to begin with.

I-I'm not crying. It's liquid pride

It's amazing. Video quality is bad but the song is superb. Can't wait for 1080p

Where the hell is he?

Has he given up?

He himself gave up like 6 months ago, all that's left are copycats.

>He gave up 6 months ago
doubt.jpg

>I want the current gen to end with the Movie.
S8 has already been confirmed and it will take place after the movie.

>t.lee goldson

And one of the executives said they had no plans of ever ending the show

No wait
wait wait wait wait
are they AJ's parents???

yes. watch S7E13

STORIES
FOR
YEARS

Yes.
And they're dead.

That's because they stole Sondheim songs

They pulled off some romeo and juliet shit?

No
How they died is not answered

>seven years
what the actual fuck

Guys, you know that MLP is as old as matrix: revolutions was when MLP had its premiere?

>by October 20, MLP will have existed for over half of Sup Forums's history
jesus christ

Did the show ever pick up again? I think I bailed around mid S4.

Season 5 was great, Season 7 has been amazing so far
S4 ended with a DBZ-tier fight
youtube.com/watch?v=eoowtoEle14

Eh? She explicitly took on a tripcode to do that one Q&A style thing. Because of her the mods became much stricter about nsfw materials.

Should I watch the show again?
I've been interested but not certain..

When did you leave off? What did you like about it?

I'd watch the apple parents one at least. Was pretty good. S07E13

Mid Season 5 I believe.
I just thought it was pretty great show, good characters and writing and great songs.
Any Trixie?

Some episodes won't make sense unless you watch the previous ones. S6 and S7 especially can get too heavy in continuity. You still should have fun with them, though.

>They actually did it

I'm so happy. I'm so happy Hasbro didn't wimp out.

There's a shitton of Trixie in season 6 and 7. But you should watch the season 5 finale first so it'll make sense.

>More Trixie
Fuck yes

She's basically a secondary character now.

It's amazing how many people that don't even watch the show can browse the pony board

How the fuck is this thread still up?

so when is /mlp/ finally going to die and all the mlp stuff move back onto Sup Forums

When people stop getting assmad about ponies, which is never.

It was never really a problem on Sup Forums, though. Sup Forums wasn't the reason /mlp/ was made. Moot never even cared about Sup Forums, remember? /mlp/ was made because Sup Forums and Sup Forums got upset about pony posting.

What about 6?

It's not going to.

Back when we had the general threads it was annoying, but at least contained. That's all over now - the evil has escaped Pandora's Box and there's no putting it back in.

we don't talk about season six

Do explain, I haven't seen it...

Season 6 was extremely hit or miss. We had a few legendary episodes and a lot of stinkers.

Weeb get out

>S7e13 and S7e10
>fucking incredible
Watched S7E13 and it sucked, Serves me right for listening to a brony.

I always hated fan songs. Remixes and 8bit are as far as I'm willing to go

S6's good episodes can be counted on one hand

>Flukes don't last this long.
neither do Zukes

What was the problem?

>Moot never even cared about Sup Forums, remember?

This is the absolute fucking truth and it's why I didn't mind at all when Moot fucked off. Chink Moot cares about us more than Jew Moot ever did. He gave us /aco/, and sure, /aco/ kind of sucks, but we asked for a board like it for YEARS and Moot did fucking nothing. He also gave us /trash/, which is one of the greatest things in the history of Sup Forums. Fuck Jewt.

>he doesn't like apple parents

That pink Sunset Shimmer recolor that became the new main character, obviously

To be honest, is exaggerating. Starlight was handled badly but she isn't an intrinsically bad character. They're doing a much better job with her in 7.

How could anyone support this show after the bullshit they pulled in the season 3 finale?

I SPIT on it. Ptoo.

I dunno why but I was never upset about Twilicorn. I understand the reasoning to being pissed off and agree that it was pure cynicism about having another princess toy but I enjoyed it well enough and wasn't put off by it.

The season 4 finale was fucking incredible, S5E18 makes me cry every time I rewatch it, and season 7 has felt almost like season 2 again.

THEY'RE ALIVE?!

WHAT THE FUCK!

No they're ded

No, it was a bunch of flashbacks told by their friends and family.