XMEN Recommendations

Hey guys I'm about to start Grant Morrison's run of Xmen and I was wondering which other Xmen publications were worth checking out?

Man I hate Quitely's art

Meh Ultimate Xmen wasn't bad

I've also just started delving into X-Men and I'd recommend the following:
>Weapon X: Days of Future Now (contains New X-Men spoilers?)
>90s Sabretooth mini with Tex on art
>Secret Invasion: X-Men
>X-Men Chronicles 1 (AoA)
>Generation Next 2-4 (AoA, issue 1 is bland)

Warren Ellis' Astonishing X-Men

The Lemire and Sorrentino combo for Old Man Logan has been AMAZING!

Though it is technically a Wolverine solo book, I recommend Charlie Huston's Wolverine the Best There Is because of scenes such as these.

That's a good one. But it follows Whedons run which is also good. Read both

X-Statix. You can skip every to ng else.

I picked up a couple of single issues ages ago and really liked them I'll definitely start getting the collected editions, might even fork out for the omnibus

All of Claremont and then pick odd series during 00s. 90s can be mostly miss.

Morrison, X-Factor, Whedon's Amazing, Messiah Complex, Age of Apocalypse, Age of X, New Mutants, Wolverine and the X-Men are all great.

Those aren't in chronological order.

When you have a fair understanding of the X characters and Marvel as a whole, check out Exiles.

Goddamn I love Emma. Fucking Marvel, man.

Whedon's Cyclops is pretty damn rad with his keikakus every second. His Wolverine, too.

>Scott: Emma do this, Kitty do that, Hank check that, and that's about it for the plan.
>Logan: Wait, what do I do?
>Scott: Go get a beer.
>Logan: Good plan.

>Whedon's Amazing
Of course I meant Astonishing. I'm a filthy flatscan, forgive me.

Read gillens run on xmen, its the last time it was good

Gillen turned in a solid run on Uncanny X-Men and wrote a great Beast and Brand relationship in S.W.O.R.D.

No recommendations on X-Force? Both the Yost (although it turned into a clusterfuck) and Remenders are very good.

Same here. Best X right there. Plus shes hoy as fuck
I would have expected Whedon to write a very bad Scott. But god damn did he ever write him well. He got the fucking job DONE. Especially with that space shit.

More recommendations.
> Kyle and Yost X-Force is great. Those two are criminally underrated.
>Remenders X-force

2001 X-Force/X-Statix
2003 Mystique
2004 Mark Millar's Wolverine
2012 Simon Spurrier's X-Men Legacy (Legion)
2012 X-Club We Do Science
2014 Magneto

Pleb

Not that user but i hate it as well. Why do people like it. It's ugluly and not expressive. It's far too similar to Steve Dillon, who i don't get the love for either. RIP though, no disrespect to him