Deathstroke Rebirth

What makes this so good? I read a few issues and enjoyed it's distinctive style but I have trouble understanding the huge praise the book gets from everyone

Keep reading.

It's a meme book, buy Marvel instead. America is the best book on shelves currently.

Make Mine Marvel!

priest browses Sup Forums, that makes his writing better

>Priest BTFOs Dickfags by saying he's a "Wonder Bread boilerplate character"
Is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

But it's not.

It's a Priest book. Of course it's good.
r/Marvel is that way. I bet they have a discussion about smol Tony going on...

literally. He quoted, on his site, user's posts calling him "A nigger" and "A self hating nigger".

Its good because Priest does not pretend that Deathstroke is innocent or misunderstood.

In the past, other writers would show Deathstroke doing everything wrong and then make up all kinds of excuses to justify his actions.

Priest writes an interesting story about Deathstroke doing everything wrong and has him deal with the consequences.

It's about deathstroke, it's naturally good

Priest has been working in this industry a long goddamn time and it shows. He knows how to pace a comic book. A character as good as Slade as the star is just icing.

it has a distinctive style and flavor at all which means it's better than most cape comics

Yes

Sup Forums is over Dick now that his book isn't just him being shirtless all the time
It made people here realize Dick as a character sucks butt

Why does he even bother browsing Sup Forums?

Because we're the best.

3deep5u

Self hatred?

His New 52 run was mostly ass so I don't think that is the case

I just like the keikakus and Joey's suffering

He's from a time when comics were actually good instead of being memes like rebland and fagacy.

That's right amigx

If Priest is reading this, I want to tell him that he is among the absolute greatest comicbook writers of all time. He makes almost every famous writer except Alan Moore look like a hack.

I'm not saying he and Moore are perfect. Far from it. But they're worthy of the praise.

Priest is great. All the responses to that self-hating shit were telling user to go fuck himself

The characters are believable, they have their own conflicts and agendas that make the book more interesting to read as Priest handles the entire cast to perfection, without them it just would not work and it would be just another comic with subpar action but the drama and the way everything unravels is just amazing.

I love this new Deathstroke, he is the antagonist to his own series as everyone hates him and all his problems stem from him being a piece of shit trying to be a father for once and failing.

He likes browsing different messageboards.

A lot of comic pros browsed Sup Forums at some point.

>Alan Moore browses Sup Forums obsessively to make shitposts about Watchmen in Rebirth and the Lindelof adaptation

>messy disjointed plotlines the book
shitty tryhard writing. you can tell the author watched pulp fiction once and decided to chop up the story in order to mimick it without understanding how to make a nonlinear storyline work.

It's the only capeshit being currently produced that is worth reading.

>shitty tryhard writing

What did he mean by this?

This. It's a family drama done RIGHT Slade's characterization is great but the supporting cast makes it. It's so much fun watching them all try and fuck over everyone else

if you continue reading the post you mind find out.
this your first time posting?

>Dick
>as a character sucks butt

I get the feeling you haven't read too much of his older stuff.

I bought the first TPB and I just... didn't enjoy it. Does it get better? Does the stuff that come after somehow enhance the first volume? Or am I just a pleb with no taste?

PLEB TASTE

No but seriously it's not for everyone. The non-linear narrative can be aggravating for some since it bounces around frequently. I'd say push through the next arc and if you don't like that, drop it

It's just your average capefags. A genre where Geoff Johns and Bendis are the peak writers. Everything that is not bland and spoonfed is try hard.

Is this true?

Priest, if your reading this, I fucking love your Black Panther run!

I love that he hates Dickfags

What is the essential Priest other than this and BP?

Nah, he is back doing the "city protector" stuff and is less interesting.

Yeah, he basically said he thought Dick's character is what is wrong with comics. That was fun to see.

It isn't just about Deathstroke killing and being badass, he's written as a human being by someone who knows how to write human beings. The family drama is done well and Slade has to face the consequences of being an asshole.

You do know he backpeddled on all that

He didn't. He just said that he has potential, but his comics never show that, which I agree with. Nightwing always had mediocre runs.

Everything so far has just built on everything before it. Priest sowed a lot of seeds that you are not even aware of in that first volume.

Then that isn't the characters fault that is DCs, and well 90s fans. He should restate the char isn't boring dc treatment of him is.

The character is their treatment in comics

Priest only said the Dick was the one of the most boring boilerplate character in DC, not that he is what is wrong with comics.

Bet he only said that because DC doesn't want their best writer to harshly criticize one their second most popular Batfamily member