Ben Percy's post-rebirth run on Green Arrow

>Ben Percy's post-rebirth run on Green Arrow

What went right?

Otto Schmidt making me want to fuck both Dinah and Ollie.

I'm a sucker for stories about my hometown

The writing is about the same as pre Rebirth but the art is honestly incredible (minus Byrne) and is the best of Rebirth

His writings improved slightly, he was more on the nose New52

Percy's definitely gotten better. It's been kind of interesting to watch.

beard

Especially the social consciousness parts. He's not being preachy, and he isn't forcing it. Everything comes across really naturally.

Like, if you're going to give Ollie a nearly insurmountable task and a nearly unbeatable enemy, it would have to be an elite group of international bankers, the sort of people that are almost impossible to put down.

He shelved the octopus drones and werewolves.

So has Lobdell. Weird.

Lobdell's always been capable of writing good books. It's just apparent by now that you've gotta put him on the right books and manage him correctly. Otherwise he'll just keep shooting himself in the foot again and again.

Lobdell's always been great, New 52 just fucked up good writers because of editorial mandates
Generation X and Age of Apocalypse prove that

>great art
>we finally got Canary
>diggle based as fuck even in the comics
>beard
>Ollie is a preachy SJW and gets call out for his hypocriseis but still manage to be lovable like it shuold be
>Emiko is a great character
>the storylines are simple and fun
>no Felicity

Look, let's not kid ourselves.
We could go on about the characterization, but we all know why the fuck we all hated new52 Ollie.

He needs his goatee.

nothing tops DC: You Oliver becoming an arrow

This.

He wrote AoA? God, it's been awhile. I take back what I said.

Pissed that Dig betrayed Ollie to save Merlyn. I really want to know what the fuck he's thinking.

>he was more on the nose New52
How exactly does one get MORE on the nose than Ultra Rich Bankers who LITERALLY skin the poor alive??

I can't believe this isn't posted more like UNSOLICITED OPINIONS

I ... stand corrected, user.

HOLY FUCK.

I've just ordered Green Arrow Rebirth vol. 1 today
I couldn't decide between Aquaman, GA, or Green Lanterns vol. 1, but a friend said I should catch up with GA first

didnt percy write like 3-4 volumes after lemires run in nu52?

i dont like how he barely ever touches archery, like actual archery. i feel he'd make ollie more interesting if he wrote ollie practicing or showed him and emiko competing to see who was the better archer

It feels a lot like Mike Grell's run from the 90's which is one of my favourite comics. It also has great art and keeps true to the character, while adding more to the mythos. I think the banker stuff has gone on a bit too long, but the solicits imply it's ending soon, so hopefully they give Ollie some new villains to fight. He really needs a more fleshed out rogues gallery

Green Lanterns' first arc wasn't that great desu. Its later arcs have been better.

I haven't been following it (yet), but what's the current ranking of these characters in terms of who is the best archer?
>Ollie
>Roy
>Shado
>Emiko
>Merlyn
There should be more Arrow-family power rankings like with the Bat-family

Because UNSOLICITED OPINIONS literally breaks the reader out of the narrative by taking up speech bubbles of a character that has no relation to any of the things the agent of the writer herself is saying in the bubble.

This niggah is saying all this in-character as part of the story.

>naturally
sure

why is shado written like a bitch and her allegiance to the outsiders dropped?

prepare to lose some braincells there chief

what do you mean?

If they can't get him on those homicide charges they can at least get him for that mugging.

i was excited for the green arrow rebirth line and got volume one and was severely disappointed

suffice it to say, it mostly disappointed for not being >muh green arrow

but i just felt like it isnt anywhere near as competent as Lemire's run. kinda just meanders around reusing boring villains that get compared to the court of owls for no reason, and shado isnt written that well either

So what are we most excited about for Year Two?

Hal?
Ferreyra drawing Supes?
Cupid?
Shado's return?
Emiko's Red Arrow design?
Connor?

>the implication
;)

THATS the design for emiko's new costume?

not impressed but better than her old one i guess

I loved the first volume, but right now Im biting the bullet waiting for a larger trade to get released, maybe an omni of the run down the line

I want him to give Count Vertigo the Rebirth treatment

He did.

And Vertigo's returning for the Annual this summer.

>a needle
isnt that just retreading the green lantern/green arrow comic story

It is a flashback story about their falling out.

jfc

That's hilarious and the kind of thing right up Ollie's alley.

Cupid (given how well the long game with the subplot has been shaping up and Emi's Red Arrow design). Connor I'm hyped but it can't be.

That's because nobody reads the thing. But that shit is General Buttnaked in a Liberian barbecue kind of hilarious.

Loudmouth Young Idealist or Disillusioned Elder Statesman?

Ok now he's literally robin hood.

Is the reader supposed to think that Ollie did the right thing there? Isn't he a billionaire? Why couldn't he just buy the homeless man food? Wouldn't intimidating that couple into doing that make them resent green arrow and panhandling even more?

I felt insulted reading that. It's so disconnected. Sure the rich people are dicks but intimidating them just makes Ollie a dick as well. And being a hero means caring about all people, not just the poor/homeless

I really don't get the point of that altercation

I don't read Green Arrow but he at least make donations to the poor or he's a hypocrite? Because Wayne Enterprises openly support Orphanages and Schools and invested billions to rebuild Arkham public services.

*Gotham

Maybe he wanted to shame them to do the right thing rather than intimidate them.

Seemed a lot more like fear seeing as they're running away.

How is that the "right thing" that homeless man should get a job instead of leaching on others. You see all these panhandlers holding signs, why don't they just get a sign spinning job? Why am I responsible for them when their circumstances are most likely attributable to their own bad decisions

How dare you not be for wealth redistribution! Go back to Sup Forums

This is a Sup Forumsmmunist board.

Jesus Christ

"Post-rebirth" sounds like a really obscure DeviantArt fetish.

he's a masked big guy with a bow, he will scare anyone no matter what

Ollie own his company anymore. He's broke.

Than perhaps he shouldn't be blocking people's path and telling them to give their leftovers and the cash in their wallets to a complete stranger who they have no idea how they intend to spend said money (most likely drugs) wouldn't you say?

Stupid liberal ends up broke, what a surprise. He didn't learn his lesson and now wants to make other wealthy people poor like him.

Why all the liberal nonsense? Why can't we ever have conservative hero?

More like his company was stolen by a supervillain after he was framed for murder and then nearly killed and presumed dead by the public.

Fuck green arrow and fuck liberal people

Ollie is fucking pathetic. I'm sure his father is rolling in his grave.

Well gee golly, you don't fucking say.....

This is why I find it funny that everyones all up in Ollies jimmies now because suddenly hes an SJW boogeyman... HES ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT FOR FUCKS SAKE.

>Green Arrow
>Conservative hero

This has to be bait....

bizzarro keep posting’ make blue rectangle man capitalist

Dude this is Sup Forums we're all liberals/communist here you're not going to convince us that stealing from people is wrong. That's literally all we're about.

That is why we need blue arrow.

I am so sorry that's your home town.

>Schmidt's Wonder Woman

Wow, what a shit "hero"

communism is about helping the working class you revisionist capitalist whore

Considering his mom is behind everything. I'm sure he is.

Arrow Rebirth is very newfag friendly. I have a friend who liked the CW show but never pulled the trigger on the comics. With Rebirth, we start with Ollie's greatest hits -- island, getting found, getting the band together, without having decades of continuity suddenly dumped on you. The comic uses the most recognizable parts of the TV show (Diggle and Malcolm) to lure in new readers

Shit