Has there ever been anyone in America who just snapped hard enough to murder criminals but not enough to...

Has there ever been anyone in America who just snapped hard enough to murder criminals but not enough to indiscriminately gun people down in the street? I can't believe that there hasn't been some notable example of someone who took a look at Red Hood and thought "Yeah, I can do that."

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Marshall_(murderer)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're surprised there aren't a surplus of comic-level trained martial artists turned assassins turned operators?

There was that one guy who killed some corrupt cops and then got super duper murdered by the police in a cabin.

More like I'm surprised there hasn't been some vigilante who started gunning down criminals considering the prevalence of guns in the U.S.
Did that shit get covered up? I'd like to know because I'd figure that would be something everyone knew about.

There probably have been a few but plot armor doesn't exist so they'd get lucky a few time before their either caught or killed

This is reality, guns level the playing field pretty well in real life. One wrong move is all it takes. Someone who "snapped" would make that wrong move.

That shit was fucked up. While the cops hunted that guy, I think the police accidentally shot around 10 innocent people.

Also, the whole "he died in a burning house" really sounds fishy to me, especially when he had complained about corruption on the force numerous times before he went postal.

I imagine if there was one, they'd do their best to not be seen in the public eye and/or their spree was incredibly short-lived.

Yeah, I'm wondering why those people have been forgotten entirely and aren't held up in urban legend like Bonnie and Clyde.

Technically most of the inner city drugs running gangs are vigilantes.

If a pharmacy gets robbed, they call the cops.

If a dealer gets robbed, he calls the local gang.

It is basically the same system, just outside the legal loops.

He really doesn't need that bat symbol on his chest. Just some red Nightwing-like v would work.

>Dorner
>getting murdered

Fuck the haters. I love Jason's tacticool suit

I never understood this, it's fucking Jason. Why wouldn't he have tacticool shit.

yeah, vigilantism isn't something comics made up

dorner didn't kill a single corrupt cop

he mostly murdered random bystanders

>he mostly murdered random bystanders

This in particular is terrible though.

Dorner doesn't fit my OP unfortunately. He murdered people who did nothing wrong.

Thats what the LAPD wants you to think.

Now it's a "mental disorder" and frowned upon.

You mean How his first victims were his laywer's daughter and her fiancé?

>Has there ever been anyone in America who just snapped hard enough to murder criminals

People shoot cops all the time

Believe it or not, most Americans don't actually own guns.
And believe it or not, even if someone has a gun, a vast majority of people aren't predisposed toward killing, and it's actually really hard for most people to commit murder.

I mean there are some people who are nuts enough to do it, but those who are are probably going to be incompetent enough that they don't succeed in killing many people before getting cornered by the cops, or killing themselves.

Also, shockingly, killing people is kind of hard, even with a gun. There's no guarantee that the person you shot is going to be dead.

Well, first of all nobody is gonna take inspiration from fucking Red Hood, they're gonna be inspired by Punisher or Batman (I know he doesn't kill, I'm talking about normies).

Second even if you try this you're not gonna make it very far. Real crime doesn't work like it does in the comics and movies. You don't find these big abandoned warehouses full of armed crooks talking about drug shipments and shit. You don't have these big mob bosses sitting up in their ivory tower while the dickheads at the bottom do all the work. People in the drug trading business spend as little time together as possible. The people at the "top" are there because they have lots of big business connections, not because they're the biggest toughest douchebags or because they're criminal masterminds.

Basically, there aren't huge swathes of criminals to gun down or people to assassinate, no secret bases to assault or caches to blow up. If it were possible to cripple operations this way, these people would be out of business in a week.

The best you can do is shoot some dumbass drug dealer on the street corner, and they get killed all the time anyway so no one cares.

>Also, shockingly, killing people is kind of hard, even with a gun. There's no guarantee that the person you shot is going to be dead.
Especially this.

Watch the movie Unforgiven. It's not really about modern crime but it's about how John Wayne cowboys killing tons of dudes is just a fantasy. Gunfights take a really long time and it's not likely you'll survive against multiple people.

Also why the infamous hallway scene in the Daredevil show is so good: you don't just punch people a few times and knock them out. It's really hard to knock someone unconscious, and going up against multiple people is nearly impossible even if you're some expert martial artist with supersenses.

I would use a red bird, and a phoenix motive. Or playing with his surname (Todd) a red fox, which is fitting for Jason.

Can't corner the Dorner.

the dude that just started shooting senators like last week?

>Did that shit get covered up? I'd like to know because I'd figure that would be something everyone knew about.
How could you not know about Dorner? He's a hero of Sup Forums.

Edgy niggers detected.

But they did corner him. He died in the flames of a flaming house.

>he doesn't know

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Marshall_(murderer)

"Allegedly"

>Only killed two

Well, he at least tried.