Sup Forums always says King of the Hill was great

>Sup Forums always says King of the Hill was great
>never actually sat and watched it, only know characters and such through internet osmosis
>well it's just the old guy from Beavis and Butthead but with a family, how good can it be?
>start watching
>four episodes in and I've laughed harder than anything I've watched in the past years, plural
This shit's fucking great, why did they shitcan it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2sBpNxVyo0o
dailymotion.com/video/x15zccp_hank-s-on-a-train-2-poops_fun
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It lasted like 12 seasons, dude.

Better to stop early than to turn into the fekin simpsons.

BOGGLE

It fucking lasted more than a decade

THAT'S MY PURSE

I DON'T KNOW YOU

>marathoning the show and already at season 10
I DON'T WANT IT TO STOP Sup Forums

it was great

Reminder that peggy killed a guy in a pig costume

How come there aren't more animated sitcoms like KotH? Instead what we get is more Seth MacFarlane shit which is about a subtle as a sledgehammer

There's Bob's Burgers. In fact; a lot of writers/producers of KotH went over to Bob's Burgers after KotH ended

there's bobs burgers.

it turned to shit

How the heck could I forget about Bob's Burgers

It ended so the cleveland show could be jammed further down our throats

because there's no point?
If people want a sitcom they'll just do a normal sitcom

youtube.com/watch?v=2sBpNxVyo0o
haha KotH btfo

START PUFFING BOY

Then why does this exist?

cause you can't have kids breaking other kids' legs and 14-year-olds bang trashy adult women in a regular sitcom

Had it not been canceled, Brittany Murphy would still be alive

You will, the later season are dogshit, cancelling it was a mercy killing

The later seasons aren't as good, but they're a far cry from dog shit.

And Simpsons is 25+. Your point?

the simspons is about to air season 29. there hasn't been a good season since season 9. that's 20 years of garbage. is that how you want to remember KOTH?

Anyone still playing KOTH Online?

Been farming the Dead Bugs Tell no Tales quest all week just so I can finally unlock Dales "Ultimate Pocket Sand Assault"

You're right, the latter seasons had some bad episodes, but it was still pretty good. I'm glad it ended when it did though. Seeing what the Simpsons has become is painful. It's like watching an older relative go senile and start behaving in strange and confusing ways. Younger people ask why I like the Simpsons, (the early seasons) and I have to explain how it once was. I'm glad KotH didn't go down that road.

You fucked up.
You need to focus entirely on the Squirrel Tactics skill tree.

drawn together philosophy on comedy is just "make fun of everything else and you'll be good, it doesn't matter if you're not nearly as good as what your taking jabs at"

The most telling part is that almost every single episode they would make a "south park sucks" joke, yet south park didn't even know drawn together existed.

>KOTH Online?
Why.jpg

Drawn Together was edgy garbage but because it got cancelled after three seasons and utterly forgotten anons will come out of the wood works to defend it when you start talking about how objectively shitty it was.

>maining Squirrel Tactic Dale
>not Conspiracy Solider tree

Sure if you wanna be a tier whore

Get out of here Edfag, this a KOTH general

Drawn Together had its moments when they weren't trying to be edgy
Of course as a whole it was pretty mediocre
The best thing it ever did was inspire Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt

Dude, I love KOTH, I just don't see how it could at all be appropriated into an MMO without sacrificing much of what made it great

It did!?

The fighting game was alright but it just couldn't compete with street fighter and tekken.
The MMO really shined though

... what the heck? There was a KOTH fighting game too? Who on earth thought these were a good idea?

The MMO was great and the fighting was decent. Now the JRPG, that was shit.

I knew browsing Sup Forums drunk was a bad idea. You end up falling for obvious b8.

Beavis and Butthead was great and you're a retard

you forgot the dating sim

>So new he doesn't remember when they nerfed the cooldown time on Bobby's purse defense shield

it has the best poops
dailymotion.com/video/x15zccp_hank-s-on-a-train-2-poops_fun

>Hank went from a regular joe with a few odd traits to really boring and extremely naive like trusting a used cars salesman would be 100% honest because he was a salesman and got ripped off a car.
>Peggy went from a woman who liked to help people and got spanish wrong to an obsessive woman who made every minor achievement a big thing to fill the void of inadequency.
>Bobby went from a normal kid who didn't know what he wanted to do with life to a weirdo
Man, they really ruined the characters towards the end of the shows run.

Develop =/= ruin

The point is that all good things must come to an end, and if KOTH was still going today it would suck because zombie shows like Simpsons or Spongebob are fucking terrible. King of the Hill was able to leave on a high note, they were already showing signs of degradation and shittiness, so they used the opportunity to say "Ok, we're done" and make an episode that (somewhat) neatly wraps up the entire series.

Peggy was nowhere near as obnoxious in the earlier seasons and earlier hank wasn't as naive as he later got portrayed.

>This shit's fucking great, why did they shitcan it?
to make more room for mcfarland. But KotH had a good run and ended on a good note so I'm not too upset.

they didn't make Hank more naive but more of an annoying know-it-all that would ruin everyone's fun

Also Bobby was always the son that didn't fit in your average expectations of a son but he made the best of what he was

>tfw this is the sopranos of cartoons

The Simpsons first aired the same year I was born. I don't want it to end because I have the faint paranoid worry that if it ends, I will die.

Yeah, the creators saw Drawn Together while they were staying in a hotel overseas and were inspired to create something for Japan that crossed as many social taboos.

>ended on a good note
hell no. Boby and Kahn Jr. never got back together.
I want Bobby to have his laotian waifu

goddamn that thing was broken.

her and her husband. what did they know..?

Bobby is and forever was just a blank character that could be thrown into almost any role the writers thought of.

>The best thing it ever did was inspire Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt

really

I love Bob's Burgers. Great family values and a guy who genuinely loves his family instead of the shit in Simpsons where they constantly have to reboot Homer hating his kids

Does Bob's Burgers have any kind of character development?
I watched it in the beginning but got bored of all the fart and poop jokes and honestly didn't care about any of the characters because they didn't seem to go anywhere

The dating sim was enjoyable in a post-ironic way. Anyone here ever play the KoH card game? Kahn Control ft. Chuck Mangione was my favorite deck.

Britfag here. Never watched the show, since I figured a lot of the humour was about the characters and setting being Texan, so it would go over my head.

Is it something non-Ameribros can appreciate? Or would it just be cultural jokes I don't understand?

I'm Australian as fuck and I love the show.
Give it a watch, there was very little I didn't completely understand and I think most of it was geographical stuff.

yeah no joke, Drawn together inspired P&SwG creators, they got drunk and made ideas and shit after watching it.

I think it's more a show about progress vs tradition and the pros and cons of each.

It's a show about a really conservative man constantly dealing with stuff that puts him out of his element.
It's very relatable stuff.

used to like it until they added in the not-my-purse build for bobby, then it became fucking impossible to play without getting dominated by entry-level bobby shitlords
the only character that's not affected by bobby is peggy, but she sucks at literally everything else so whats the point

What's the turning point of the series, so I know when it actually turns to crap and it's not just me not liking it?

There really isn't one.
Some episodes aren't great late in the series, but it's still good throughout.

Besides, create your own opinion about it, faggot.
Don't craft "opinions" about shit based on what people have told you.
That's why we have so many threads here where it's "oh I heard this character did such and such" instead of people knowing.

too bad its terribly unfunny

Just like KOTH.

IMHO Bobby and Connie was a doomed relationship.