Netflixvania

Is there even a chance the show will look and move a fraction as awesome as Bloodlust?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iIMrFnl5NiA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bloodlust is a pretty high bar.

Original Vampire Hunter D was better though

You can always hope it is.

In terms of plot, sure, but not in visuals and animation.

When will it air?

Tricky for anything made in the west to ever do

You don't like the Amano style of the first? I far prefer it. but I'm a huge Final Fantasy fag.

Its going to be tough, yes. But a retelling of Trevor, Grant, Sylpha, and Alucard's story is going to be fucking awesome. The characters alone all look amazing. I really can't wait to see what happens.

Though part of me thinks they're replacing Trevor with Simon, judging from the 'The man who killed Dracula' line. Which will make purists seethe, but could be good.

The only good point of Trevor's character was when he was Alucard's and Sonia's son for the brief time when Sonia existed before the sexist fucks decided 'No, the first Belmont can't have been a woman!'

Bloodlust had a much stronger sense of place in its art direction. You got the feeling that this was a world which had long since seen its best days, all of its great works lay in ruins and that the remaining pockets of humanity had to huddle together for protection against the monsters that lurked just outside their walls. The visual of Meier Link flying through the human city and all of the crosses on every rooftop and steeple curling like paper in a fire was far more evocative than Magnus Lee silhouetted against flashing lightning.

Fuck, that first shot with the camera receding from the castle ruins between the crosses sets the mood so well. Shame it's so well known; I'd love to post it around to troll unwary anons

I think it's taste. To me, this is much more iconic and gives a better feeling of how fucked the world is

July 7

Trevor's point was that he was simon's ancestor and another game protagonist. Also the line was "The man who'll kill dracula". Legends was made non canon mostly because it had the belmonts decended from dracula and Iga wrote his own origin story instead.

I don't mind if the animation isn't as.. well, animate, if they just find a way to make it otherwise visually interesting. I want a clear style. What I'd hate to see more, is wonky and inconsistent characters who look like the animators don't give a damn about the quality. I'm honestly willing to give up a couple of frames, if it helps the animators to keep the character quality better.

youtube.com/watch?v=iIMrFnl5NiA
If anyone hasn't seen the trailer yet

Probably not Bloodlust-level, but the animation director's pretty good.

Now the real problem with the Netflix Castlevania is that Adi Shankar is a hack

Fuck that movie looked good sucks we haven't had another Vanpire hunter D film since

The writer, like Berserk's writer is old and tend to take many long breaks. Vampire Hunter D, will likely never be finished. Guyver is falling into this same issue.

> Berserk
> the last chapter is literally 20 pages of monster dicks before a print announcement about yet another hiatus that will last until winter

I'm not even mad; the guy is a born Troll

Ellis posted that they are doing the VA for the second season.

I just go back and watch Ninja Scroll instead

What the hell ever happened to Vampire Hunter D: Resurrection? It was supposed to be a animated series slated for like late 2016 or something but all we got was that fucking Kickstarter comic?

Previes looks bretty gud but

Even if he is a hack, you can't deny the quality of shit he has worked on.

Hey I backed that comic personally I thought it was ok the art was good but the story was alright for a first issue

Neat. At least they dont't try to drag the hype for an entire fucking year

I have always wondered if there was any connection between Vampire Hunter D and Castlevania.

I mean, there's a lot of similarities in the themes and such. I know the original D movie came out in the 80s just a little before the first Castlevania and I just can't help but wonder if it was maybe intended to be a Vampire HUnter D game but they couldn't get the rights.

Or if Iga was inspired by the film, since the idea of a lone hero going to a huge castle full of classic horror movie monsters to kill Dracula is applicable to both works.

I can fully accept if there was no connection, sometimes similar ideas coincide, but I've always wondered if there wasn't some tiny bit of influence.

Also, Doris uses a whip, Simon uses a whip...eh, eh?

I'm sure the character design was influenced by D for SotN, but the original Alucard from CIII was just a caped Chad.

The rest of the story and setting are so generic basically anything could be an influence, really

Will there be succubus tits?

Most of the Vampire Hunter D stories are one-offs, it doesn't have some big linear story. It's not even a manga, its a series a of novels. It's just random adventures of D.

Vampire Hunter D is a genuinely shit series.

and then there's this asshole

Who the fuck are you, you human garbage pile?

the last one they were about to get into casca's dreams or is there a new one alredy?