I feel like if you just slowed the pace of this show down a little and if they didn't try to cram so much plot into a...

I feel like if you just slowed the pace of this show down a little and if they didn't try to cram so much plot into a single 23-minute show, it would have actually been pretty decent, terrible CG backgrounds and all.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/udi-harpaz-composer/sets/spiderman-by-udi-harpaz
youtube.com/watch?v=Y63i2NR9-LE
youtu.be/TWRjsqoSWTI
youtu.be/Oq8kPo3tyGY
youtube.com/watch?v=38VBv0ZenZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nah, Spider-man, probably the most acrobatic superhero of all time, was stiff as a board.

It does feel like watching Speed Racer at times, doesn't it?

But user, it IS a good show.

> Spider-Man Spider-Man Radioactive Spider-Man Spider-Man Spider-Man Radioactive Spider-Man Spider blood Spider blood Radioactive spider blood Spider blood Spider blood Radioactive spider blood Spider blood Spider blood Radioactive spider blood Spider blood Spider blood Radioactive spider blood Spider-Man Spider-Man

Whad did they mean by this?

Compensating for the fact that they couldn't say the word "blood" in the actual show.

10/10 opening

No, make it FASTER!

> Pls stop bullying me I cant help being such a nerdy dweeb guise

If it was any faster, I don't think the average human brain could keep pace with it.

I always found it odd how so many 90s cartoon shows had heavy metal theme songs and or shred guitar solos stuck in somewhere, when heavy metal like that was kind of unhip at that point

I mean I'm fucking glad, it would have been awful if they all had theme songs that sound like Nirvana or some crap but it just seems weird to me since people usually try to capitalize on the CURRENT trend

Same with mullets now that I think about it in actual comic books

I unironically prefer this theme song to spectacular Spider Man, fight me.

I don't care if children die merely from GLIMPSING the show! I want Spiderman to be doing 8 different things in every frame, all the while narrating faster than a human mind can comprehend. I want so much Spiderman crammed into every minute, that the whole show's plot fits into 4 episodes.

those terrible cgi backgrounds looked amazing back in 1992. Why do ppl hate on this show? Still has the best ost

I want someone on Sup Forums to take the first 4 episodes of Spider-Man in to speed it up 4 times in to 1 episode

I wonder if it would be possible to take the entire show and actually improve the pacing/slow the dialogue down/place more natural pauses in-between the dialogue.

It was 1994. And that's bullshit; even kids realized it look weird and cheap. It was the equivalent of Hanna-Barbera looping backgrounds

>if you just slowed the pace of this show down a little and if they didn't try to cram so much plot into a single 23-minute show
That's exactly what Spectacular did though and it turned out great. Each episode would set up like 3 different plots for future episodes.

The worst thing this show did was paint the symbiote as an evil mind-rapping monster so Pete would be justified in rejecting it.

Best thing it did was use Kingpin as Spidey's enemy-behind the scenes instead of the Green Goblin
Well that and animate Spot

> Each episode would set up like 3 different plots for future episodes

And yet they had just one face for ALL the characters

I'd guess it's because the people who made the shows used to jam to metal when they were kids, so they put their passion into it even if it was a decade "late".

The difference is that Spectacular had strict three or four episode arcs, with some plot points interwoven, while SM:TAS had multi-parters within their multi-parters.

Plus, plot points that no one cared about like the Tablet of Time or the Neogenic Recombinator.

I'll never hate this show. It introduced me to Marvel as a whole and I always liked to see how the plots will cross each other. I remember watching the Blade movie solely because I remembered him from the show.

Wanna know why I saw Blade?

You just told us ya fool

Or are you a new nigga

loved the theme but how old was Peter supposed to be in this again? He looked about 40

He's some of the show's soundtrack:

soundcloud.com/udi-harpaz-composer/sets/spiderman-by-udi-harpaz

I mean, he's wearing a pretty nerdy shirt, but otherwise he's a fucking Adonis. He's handsome, well-groomed, and has the body of a quarterback.

No need to fight, it really IS a superior theme in every way. There isn't much to the lyrics, but the song itself is executed fantastically.

It was inoffensive at that point.

That's what makes it so good, he was a ripped nerd.

>Wanna know why I saw Blade?
>saw Blade
>saw
>Blade
A sawblade!

40? I hope that's hyperbole.

Whatever the case, he was supposed to be in his early to mid 20s. He was in college in this series.

So, it seems Sup Forums generally thinks this series is ok, with many admitting it's not the best, but having a nostalgic soft spot for it, but what do you guys think of the 94' iron man series? I never hear anyone bring up this or the hulk cartoon from the 90's.

I liked it well enough, as an Iron Man fan. Don't recall most of it though. Bitchin' opening theme.

Spider-Man and X-Men were really the only 90s Marvel shows that were any good, imo. Iron Man's 2nd season was better than the 1st, though, and had a kickass theme song.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y63i2NR9-LE

I have vaguely fond memories of Silver Surfer

Was it shit I shouldn't rewatch?

Not him, but I hear silver surfer is supposedly underrated in some people's opinion.

I will never hate this series. It gave me this.
youtu.be/TWRjsqoSWTI

Same, even though I think Spectacular is a superior show.

No they didn't, you fucking memer.

I only hate that they killed Mary Jane (or send her to another dimension, don't remember) after marrying Peter. Fuck that shit. I stopped watching it after that.

FELLEEESHA! PLASMAH!

It was really good. I believe one of the head guys basically described it as Jesus in space. Galactus was old cartoon cgi, but with a lot of Kirby touches added and a great voice. I watched some of it again about 7 years ago, still felt like it held up.

I always felt like he resembled Nicholas Hammond. More so than the default Romita Peter anyways. I remember its took me a little while to recognize he was Peter the first time I saw the show.

As a kid, I always expected a Spider-Man series to have some kind of electronic theme song. I guess Unlimited and MTV were the closest to that.

youtu.be/Oq8kPo3tyGY Why was he so OP in this.

tfw Marvel hasn't learned 20 years later.

I prefer the polo that looked like a tube of Aqua Fresh to the Miami Vice Blazer/T-shirt combo

Sounds like Jon Semper
I wonder why he didn't get any other shows I know of
He was an ambitious guy

>memegenerator

Season 2 of Iron Man and Fantastic Four and Season 1 of Hulk, all headed by Tom Tataranowicz, were decent. They definitely helped spark my interest in the comics of those characters. The other seasons were pretty shitty. What happened with Hulk Season 2 was really sad. The show was building off what they started with Iron Man and FF but a UPN exec wanted them to redo the show to be more fashion and girl oriented. That's why season 2 costarred She Hulk.

It feels like such a weird choice for a kids show. A wandering, pacifistic philosopher who keeps running into aliens that hate him because of his past.

I just kind of wish it tied into the FF series and wasn't a reboot.

>policeman with... LASERS
Ahh the 90's, only lost to that 80's Rambo cartoon and like always shooting in the air, never hitting someone

I always gave this a pass cause it's a world where spider-mechs and hover chairs exist. It's not our world

There was an episode where Hogoblin was amazed by instantaneous communication around the globe
Basically the internet

And that fucker was riding on a wing-glider with seemingly infinite missiles and razor discs

So many things wrong with this show. The weird digital artifacts, the reused animation, the blaring music at all times, the off color pallet and yes, the pacing. Scenes bleed into one another because shit can't linger for too long. Paradoxically, you rarely got to see Spider-Man being the blur of frantic motion he's supposed to be.

Also, even as a kid, I got irked by the jumbled up continuity. Hobgoblin coming before Green Goblin rustled every single one of my jimmies. I had already stopped watching when they introduced Carnage but I tuned back in because I was hype to see him. Didn't make it through the first episode with him in it before dropping it again.

You're not going to get any argument out of me, user.

All the other Marvel toons were syndicated trash that came on at weird time slots. The toys that went with the toys immediately became peg warmers at closeout stores even while the shows were still running.

And then there was this gem
youtube.com/watch?v=38VBv0ZenZU

The Symbiote saga is still the best saga in the series and the best venom adaptation
hell it was so good it made people forget Venoms original backstory

The laser guns was specifically due to the insane TV censors who didn't want a kids show to use bullets.

Also way better than Bendis' shit

From either universe

He became a showrunner on Static Shock.

After that, he didn't do much as far as I recall. He wrote an upcoming episode of Justice League Action. He's currently writing the Cyborg ongoing.

>BTAS and this were on at the same time

Crazy when you think about difference in censorship.

No, see, they sent MJ to another dimension, then they brought her back, then she married Peter, then it turned out she was a clone, then the clone died.

I love this show, but it got stupid in the last season
Do you even remember how shitty 90's internet was?

I was comparing it to today's internet. It's always amusing to see old future-tech and see how we compare. Some stuff in the older star trek series can seem downright silly, like an A.I. having to manually read books at human speed

I remember taking dozens of seconds to load jpgs and 20 minutes or more to download a song

I hate this design. Most designs on this show sucked, with generic style and awful colors.

I'm the one you were responding to, and yes, Silver Surfer is worth a rewatch. I had actually forgotten all about that show when I said my original comment since I don't think it was on the air for very long. It has a somewhat dark and kinda somber tone, which is probably why it wasn't very popular, but it was a good show.

You don't know what you're talking about, i finished this show with my younger siblings a few months back. It's perfect

It's perfect younger children because it's pacing is suited for ADHD riddled minds

I've mentioned it before and a lot of times someone argues with me about it, but yeah, the colors in this show were weird.
Most of the time Spider-Man seemed to look magenta instead of red, and a lot of things were almost pastel hued.

You're forgetting that this show came out when hardly any FUCK HALF MY LOST JUST DOSAPPEARED FUCK EVERYHFING A

what?